Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th April 2021, 09:52   #61
BHPian

re: Pragmatism in the world of bling: The story of my Honda CBR650F. EDIT: Now sold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axe77 View Post
please don't leave us on a cliffhanger like this
One wonders if BHPian neil.jericho has let the cat out of the bag with this post on the Honda CBR650R thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by neil.jericho View Post
There is a TBHPian who owned the CBR650F and wanted to upgrade to a big adventure bike. He tried all the options and he has decided on the lovely Africa Twin. I am sure that we will be treated to his review thread soon.
https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/super...ml#post5034298 (2021 Honda CB650R and CBR650R launched at 8.67 & 8.88 lakhs)

Last edited by GoBlue : 6th April 2021 at 09:55.
GoBlue is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 6th April 2021, 09:54   #62
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Pragmatism in the world of bling: The story of my Honda CBR650F. EDIT: Now sold

Quote:
I enjoyed reading your ownership thread and will miss the updates. Congratulations on the new ride and I am sure you have a big bang introduction in mind BUT please don't leave us on a cliffhanger like this. What bike did you flip the 650 to? Can't wait to read the posts on the incoming.

Cheers.
I could tell you but he will probably have me suparied lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitinkbhaskar View Post
Many congratulations Added_flavour !!
I loved reading your updates and you have done complete justice to the bike - 48000 kms in 4 years on a superbike is just awesome. I wish the new owner lot of kms on this pragmatic beauty

Looking forward to your ownership posts on the next bike. I am guessing a Tiger. Let's see.
Let the guessing games begin.

Suhas...you owe me a ride looking forward to seeing the beauty in flesh soon!

Last edited by Red Liner : 6th April 2021 at 09:59.
Red Liner is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th April 2021, 11:11   #63
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Added_flavor View Post
Well, it's time to update this thread for one final time. After 3-4 months of extreme dilly-dallying, I finally decided to let go of the CBR. It has been an absolute pleasure owning this bike and riding it across the Country for ~48000 kms in the 4 years that she spent with me and making so many friends and memories in the process. Not one day did she leave me stranded on the road - not even due to a puncture. Still runs like she's just out of the showroom!
Added_Flavour, it really was a sad day when I got to know that you were planning on selling your lovely CBR650F. We have been riding together since your Duke 390 days, and then I joined you for your run in ride of the new CBR250 in 2015 link (Bangalore - Sunday Morning Short Rides). Then in 2017, I was part of the run in ride for your new CBR650F link. But due to the Covid situation, I couldnt be part of your run in ride for your new motorcycle. I am sure that once the pandemic settles down and it is relatively safe to travel, we will get a chance to ride together once again. Congratulations on your new acquisition and I am sure this one will hit the 1,00,000 kms mark before you think of a change!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoBlue View Post
One wonders if BHPian neil.jericho has let the cat out of the bag with this post on the Honda CBR650R thread.
One really cant say with these CBR650F chaps! Added_Flavour's close friend and fellow CBR650F owner, shaikhmimran has also been talking about getting an adventure bike next and he just posted a glowing review of the Hero Xpulse link (Hero teases small adventure bike. EDIT: It's the XPulse 200). So who knows how these Honda owners think!!!!
neil.jericho is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 6th April 2021, 13:21   #64
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
So who knows how these Honda owners think!!!!
You let the cat out of the bag, now stop beating around the bush!

Anyways, the secret it out now. Officially - https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/super...ml#post5037998

Congrats once again Suhas!

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 6th April 2021 at 13:23.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th April 2021, 13:24   #65
BHPian

Quote:
I enjoyed reading your ownership thread and will miss the updates. Congratulations on the new ride and I am sure you have a big bang introduction in mind BUT please don't leave us on a cliffhanger like this. What bike did you flip the 650 to? Can't wait to read the posts on the incoming.

Cheers.
Thank you for the kind words Axe77! Honestly, I did not mean to leave you all hanging and guessing my next bike.. But I'll admit I did enjoy the speculation and guessing game that followed my post

The only thought on my mind was that this space belongs to the CBR and my next bike shall not invade it.. Akin to the space that the CBR will occupy in my heart forever! So, I've posted the details of my next bike here - Link

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitinkbhaskar View Post
Many congratulations Added_flavour !!
I loved reading your updates and you have done complete justice to the bike - 48000 kms in 4 years on a superbike is just awesome. I wish the new owner lot of kms on this pragmatic beauty

Looking forward to your ownership posts on the next bike. I am guessing a Tiger. Let's see.
Thanks a ton Nitin! I did consider the Tiger quite seriously along with a couple of other bikes. But why not Tiger, is a story for another day!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoBlue View Post
He did and then handled it very smartly!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Liner View Post
I could tell you but he will probably have me suparied lol.

Let the guessing games begin.

Suhas...you owe me a ride looking forward to seeing the beauty in flesh soon!
Hahaha indeed saar! But for that you need to stay put in one place first

Quote:
Added_Flavour, it really was a sad day when I got to know that you were planning on selling your lovely CBR650F. We have been riding together since your Duke 390 days, and then I joined you for your run in ride of the new CBR250 in 2015 link (Bangalore - Sunday Morning Short Rides). Then in 2017, I was part of the run in ride for your new CBR650F link. But due to the Covid situation, I couldnt be part of your run in ride for your new motorcycle. I am sure that once the pandemic settles down and it is relatively safe to travel, we will get a chance to ride together once again. Congratulations on your new acquisition and I am sure this one will hit the 1,00,000 kms mark before you think of a change!
Neil, as I said earlier, you were terribly missed! It's been a tradition of sorts to have you by my side during bike purchases, but then circumstances are such! Truly looking forward to catching up on a ride soon buddy!

Last edited by Sheel : 6th April 2021 at 13:38. Reason: 2 smilie per post. Thanks.
Added_flavor is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 6th April 2021, 16:23   #66
BHPian

Congratulations on the Africa Twin Suhas. Will miss your posts on the 650F ownership. But this thread will be a resource to many who own one.

Also looking forward to the Africa Twin thread soon. And hope like this thread someday I shall too upgrade to a Africa Twin. Maybe

Last edited by Sheel : 6th April 2021 at 17:11. Reason: No acronyms please. Request you to use full model name. Thanks.
akshayhonda is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th April 2021, 19:53   #67
BHPian

What a brilliant, detailed and inspired review. Thank you!

I had a question: is it legal to install the Akrapovic full exhaust system?
nutcracker is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th April 2021, 19:58   #68
Distinguished - BHPian

Congrats Suhas! I think the upgrade is very apt and at the same time a very good one. Wish you many more miles and safe travels with the new arrival! Manual or DCT?

I will miss tailing behind your CBR and listening to the lovely notes of the inline 4 and the Akra.
audioholic is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th April 2021, 22:05   #69
BHPian

The CBR served you really well & your mechanical empathy ensured you took care of it. We are so used to seeing you on a sportsbike that this will be quite an adjustment. Wishing you the best always in your motorcycling adventures.
shaikhmimran is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 7th April 2021, 10:20   #70
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshayhonda View Post
Congratulations on the Africa Twin Suhas. Will miss your posts on the 650F ownership. But this thread will be a resource to many who own one.

Also looking forward to the Africa Twin thread soon. And hope like this thread someday I shall too upgrade to a Africa Twin. Maybe
Thank you, Akshay! Looking forward to seeing you jump on to the other side too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nutcracker View Post
What a brilliant, detailed and inspired review. Thank you!

I had a question: is it legal to install the Akrapovic full exhaust system?
Thank you nutcracker! That's a cool handle you got

Well as per the law of the land, even an additional sticker on the bike is illegal!

Anyway, the good thing about Akra is that it isn't obnoxiously loud like some of the other exhausts I've come across. It's fairly quiet at city speeds and will sing only when you open the throttle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
Congrats Suhas! I think the upgrade is very apt and at the same time a very good one. Wish you many more miles and safe travels with the new arrival! Manual or DCT?

I will miss tailing behind your CBR and listening to the lovely notes of the inline 4 and the Akra.
Thank you, Sankalp! I rode the DCT test ride bike extensively and chose the manual finally.

Oh yes, trust me, nothing can ever come close to the lovely note of that inline-4!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaikhmimran View Post
The CBR served you really well & your mechanical empathy ensured you took care of it. We are so used to seeing you on a sportsbike that this will be quite an adjustment. Wishing you the best always in your motorcycling adventures.
Thank you Immy! Indeed, it's a big change and will take some time to get used to!

As a parting shot, I am attaching a picture of both my steeds together. As I mentioned earlier, they spent hardly an hour or two together.

Pragmatism in the world of bling: The story of my Honda CBR650F. EDIT: Now sold-at2.jpg
Added_flavor is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 12th April 2021, 08:20   #71
Team-BHP Support

Re: Pragmatism in the world of bling: The story of my Honda CBR650F. EDIT: Now sold

Fantastic upgrade to an already fantastic ownership with the CBR 650F. Hearty congratulations and here's wishing you many happy miles with one of the best adventure tourers in the country today

This thread was a stonker of an ownership experience and you added so many lovely roadtrips during your ownership. Looking foward to another stellar thread and many more ride reports with your new steed!
KarthikK is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th April 2021, 15:46   #72
Senior - BHPian

Re: Pragmatism in the world of bling: The story of my Honda CBR650F. EDIT: Now sold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Added_flavor View Post
I'll terribly miss the sweet tractable inline-4 and the associated aural pleasures, the versatility, and the practicality this bike brought along.
Suhas, you will NEVER be able to forget that growl of in-line 4.

But what you have with you is another beast and you will enjoy it even more.

Look forward to ridding with you soon

All the best

Best Regards & Ride Safe
r_nairtvm is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks