Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd June 2020, 16:30   #1
Senior - BHPian

Ducati unveils full-size Panigale V4 R made from LEGO

Ducati has unveiled a full-size model of a Panigale V4 R made using LEGO Technic bricks.

Ducati unveils full-size Panigale V4 R made from LEGO-legotechnicducatipanigalev4r11model09.jpg

The LEGO Panigale V4 R was hand-built by artist Riccardo Zangelmi using 15,000 LEGO bricks. It is said to have taken more than 400 hours to complete.

Ducati unveils full-size Panigale V4 R made from LEGO-legotechnicducatipanigalev4r11model07.jpg

The 1:1 LEGO model of the Panigale V4 R is based on a real chassis and weighs 10 kg more than the road bike. Under the fairing made from LEGO is a 998cc, liquid-cooled V4 engine that produces 217 BHP @ 15,250 rpm and 112 Nm of torque @ 11,500 rpm. It is mated to a 6-speed transmission.

Ducati unveils full-size Panigale V4 R made from LEGO-legotechnicducatipanigalev4r11model02.jpg

The LEGO model also features the same fully adjustable Ohlins front suspension and rear monoshock, underside exhaust and Brembo brakes as the road bike.

Ducati unveils full-size Panigale V4 R made from LEGO-legotechnicducatipanigalev4r11model05.jpg

Link to Team-BHP News

Last edited by TusharK : 22nd June 2020 at 16:31.
TusharK is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 22nd June 2020, 16:41   #2
Team-BHP Support

Re: Ducati unveils full-size Panigale V4 R made from LEGO

Probably the Lego fairing would end up costing more than the original. Given the crazy prices for Legos themselves

On a serious note, commendable effort. It looks neatly executed.
moralfibre is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 22nd June 2020, 17:02   #3
Team-BHP Support

I'm a big technik fan but i think this is getting into silly territory. If you must make a Lego model make it completely from lego (1:1 or to scale either way). I can't see the point of a genuine engine and chassis covered with a lego made fairing.

Separately, the Panigale was going to be Lego Technik's 2020 new scale model product - I expect that to come out sometime later this year if it isn't out already.
Axe77 is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 22nd June 2020, 18:27   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axe77 View Post
I'm a big technik fan but i think this is getting into silly territory. If you must make a Lego model make it completely from lego (1:1 or to scale either way). I can't see the point of a genuine engine and chassis covered with a lego made fairing.

Separately, the Panigale was going to be Lego Technik's 2020 new scale model product - I expect that to come out sometime later this year if it isn't out already.
I agree. The Bugatti Chiron 1:1 they showcased was made 90%+ out of lego technic components. Below is the link to that video.

virajmore03 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd June 2020, 18:39   #5
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by virajmore03 View Post
I agree. The Bugatti Chiron 1:1 they showcased was made 90%+ out of lego technic components.
Exactly my point - I was actually visualising the Chiron when I posted but dind't go to the trouble of finding a link - thanks for sharing this. Those are the kind of epic builds I was alluding to.

Even their "for sale" scale models are a marvel for the level of detailing on every aspect including the engine bay etc. I myself recently built their 2019 released Defender build, which was an amazing experience.
https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shift...ml#post4801887 (Lego Technic)

Which is why I found this 1:1 build quite pointless given all the meaty stuff like engine and chassis is original and they've just faired it on top with the lego pieces. As iconic builds go (like the 1:1 Chiron above) this seemed pretty pointless.

Last edited by Axe77 : 22nd June 2020 at 18:45.
Axe77 is online now   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks