Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th October 2020, 11:01   #1
Senior - BHPian

Triumph India to enter used bike business with Triumph Approved

According to a media report, Triumph is gearing up to launch its used bike vertical called Triumph Approved by the end of October 2020.

Triumph India to enter used bike business with Triumph Approved-triumphbonnevillet100blackrhsd9cb.png

Under Triumph Approved, the company will buy back used bikes from customers and sell them with warranty. Triumph will also offer finance options to customers.

The program will initially be launched in three dealerships. It will be introduced in at least 10 dealerships by December.

Triumph Approved will target first time buyers. The products that will be offered under this program will depend on customer demand.

The bikemaker offers a 2 year standard warranty on its bikes. The company is planning to offer a 1 year warranty on the used bikes.

Source

Link to Team-BHP News
TusharK is online now   (16) Thanks
Old 5th October 2020, 16:46   #2
BHPian

re: Triumph India to enter used bike business with Triumph Approved

Good move! This should provide better options at 5L budget, given the longevity of Triumph models, and then Quality assurance by the manufacturer itself.
Zinda is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th October 2020, 11:50   #3
GTO
Team-BHP Support

re: Triumph India to enter used bike business with Triumph Approved

: thumbs up. If I were Triumph India's CEO, I'd double down on India, what with Harley's exit. A big chunk of the market just became available. This is the time to bring new bikes, go aggressive on pre-owned bikes, dial up the weekend rides etc. Nothing safer than going for a nice ride / drive in these socially-distanced times.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zinda View Post
given the longevity of Triumph models
Good reliability? Better than Harley?
GTO is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 6th October 2020, 12:29   #4
BHPian

Re: Triumph India to enter used bike business with Triumph Approved

Great move by Triumph. At this point there only proper rival is the BMW motorrad. These two companies have been increasing their footprint at a much faster rate than others.

Those who are even somewhat into biking know that Triumph's pedigree is on par with Harley. I'd anyday go for a well maintained pre owned Street/Speed Twin then a new interceptor although it'll still cost almost twice.
Abhi5868 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th October 2020, 14:09   #5
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
: thumbs up. If I were Triumph India's CEO, I'd double down on India, what with Harley's exit. A big chunk of the market just became available. This is the time to bring new bikes, go aggressive on pre-owned bikes, dial up the weekend rides etc. Nothing safer than going for a nice ride / drive in these socially-distanced times.
Perfectly summed up. This is exactly what I was thinking. If Harley had 40% market share (admittedly in part due to the low priced street 750) that's a massive chunk of opportunity for those remaining behind. They (Triumph) have always been dynamic with their launches but now is the time to go full guns on stuff that enhance customer experience - be it rides, marketing, service quality etc.

Quote:
:
Brilliant reliability. In my eyes, Triumphs are literally like the Toyotas of the biking world. They are relatively reasonable to maintain by SBK standards and are pretty bullet proof too over prolonged ownership. Hondas of course are the cheapest to maintain but they are very very pricey to buy across most or many models. I would comfortably plonk money on a 40-50k kms run Tiger at the right price.

A LOT of first time buyers who buy the Bonnie range look to upgrade to bigger machines within a couple of years - like a Tiger / even street triple etc. As they see the attraction in some of those options. If the used bike space can be capitalised by triumph to offer warranty backed used bonnies at prices closer to / cheaper than a new 750 street that's getting a piece of that market as well. It could benefit from the space vacated by used as well as new 750s depending on the age of the Bonnie in Q.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 6th October 2020 at 21:10. Reason: Back to back posts merged. Thanks!
Axe77 is online now   (6) Thanks
Old 6th October 2020, 19:08   #6
Senior - BHPian

Now we are talking

New bikes are so exorbitantly priced here thanks to the taxes, that it just doesn’t feel anywhere close to being decent value. If priced sensibly this might just help folks with 5-6L budget get some cracker of machines. What adds to the peace of mind would be the 1 year warranty from manufacturer.

Last edited by SoumenD : 6th October 2020 at 19:12.
SoumenD is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th October 2020, 08:56   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Yup! I would rank them ahead of Harleys in reliability and ease of maintenance. Have experienced it first hand, and my friends owning Triumph (Bonnie, Tiger) vouch for their reliability
Zinda is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th October 2020, 16:57   #8
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
A picture is worth 1000 words they say

Triumph India to enter used bike business with Triumph Approved-img_9472.jpg

This is 2009 Model Bonneville (1st lot of the New Gen EFI). Its seen no refurbishments of any sorts till the day, since it has been out of showroom in 2009. Till 2013 she was in a country which didn't have a Triumph Dealership or an authorized Service Centre or even an spares support (not that I needed any except consumables like oil filter et al) .

Since 2013 she is in Bangalore.

Except for routine maintenance, I never had to take her in for service even here in India.

Build quality is so good that it can give more than a fair run to the German and Japanese brands any day.

This pic was taken on a recent ride.

Best Regards & Ride Safe

Last edited by r_nairtvm : 7th October 2020 at 17:00.
r_nairtvm is offline   (17) Thanks
Old 7th October 2020, 17:25   #9
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by r_nairtvm View Post
This pic was taken on a recent ride.
A beautiful bike that's been lovingly taken care of!

Cheers, Doc
ebonho is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 7th October 2020, 22:49   #10
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TusharK View Post
The program will initially be launched in three dealerships. It will be introduced in at least 10 dealerships by December.

Source

Link to Team-BHP News
Does anyone know which 3 cities/dealers this service is starting in first, this month?
Old 8th October 2020, 13:09   #11
BHPian

I think the first thing that Triumph should improve first are their dealerships.

I got my Stwin from Gurgaon dealership a month back and the experience was way less than expected of a Triumph brand. Leading me to fight out issues.

Also going by my discussion with other Triumph customers and TBHP thread (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/super...g-brand-8.html (Triumph Motorcycles India : Is after-sales service killing this brand?)) seems like I'm not the only one.

Sad to see a brand capable of making such wonderful motorcycles being ruined by dodgy dealerships.

BTW my STWIN:

Triumph India to enter used bike business with Triumph Approved-img_20200918_065524.jpg
Old 8th October 2020, 14:05   #12
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaushal21fb View Post
I got my Stwin from Gurgaon dealership a month back and the experience was way less than expected of a Triumph brand. Leading me to fight out issues.
Could you please post your feedback on the below thread. Would be helpful to a lot of people.

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/super...g-brand-8.html (Triumph Motorcycles India : Is after-sales service killing this brand?)
Old 8th October 2020, 15:20   #13
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by r_nairtvm View Post

This is 2009 Model Bonneville (1st lot of the New Gen EFI).
That's a beautiful bike well taken care of, hopefully we do a ride the next weekend?
ku69rd is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th October 2020, 17:37   #14
BHPian

It appears that Triumph India is already gearing up to start this program. Their website is talking about exchange deals and we are seeing ads on social media.
Attached Thumbnails
Triumph India to enter used bike business with Triumph Approved-img_5064.png  

Triumph India to enter used bike business with Triumph Approved-screenshot-20201018-5.35.42-pm.png  

imranstael is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th November 2020, 11:47   #15
BHPian

This is starting tomorrow as per Triumph's India Instagram page. It is another thing that given the huge number of threads on Triumph on this forum about the shoddy dealerships and service experiences, one would still be very skeptical about getting too enthusiastic about the used Triumphs from the company's network.

Triumph is like the Skoda of Motorcycles in India. Maybe worse.
Animesh is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks