Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th November 2020, 12:26   #16
BHPian

Re: Triumph India to enter used bike business with Triumph Approved

The website has been launched www.triumphapproved.in There are just 2 bikes for Mumbai. And in general nothing interesting.
Animesh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th November 2020, 12:38   #17
Senior - BHPian

Triumph launches pre-owned motorcycle business

Triumph has launches its pre-owned motorcycle program called Triumph Approved across all dealerships in India.

Triumph India to enter used bike business with Triumph Approved-pic-1-approved-triumph.jpg

Under the pre-owned program, Triumph will offer used bikes that have undergone a thorough check. The motorcycles will be offered with a 1 year / unlimited km warranty from the date of purchase and 1 year roadside assistance.

The pre-owned bikes will come with a Triumph Approved Certificate, vehicle service and ownership history and a valid PUC. Triumph will also offer finance and facilitation for transfer of ownership.

Triumph claims that the pre-owned program will make the brand more accessible to first time buyers. Buyers can checkout the list of bikes available on this website.

Link to Team-BHP News

Last edited by TusharK : 12th November 2020 at 12:45.
TusharK is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 12th November 2020, 13:38   #18
Senior - BHPian

Not sure how many bikes they sell. Do they have enough used ones to sell?
srishiva is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 12th November 2020, 15:47   #19
Distinguished - BHPian

Not many bikes for now and the cheapest one is 2018 model 20k km run Street Twin for 6.5L. Seems there is a significant premium for 'Triumph Approved'. Hope they can build their available options soon.
Rajeevraj is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th November 2020, 16:17   #20
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srishiva View Post
Not sure how many bikes they sell. Do they have enough used ones to sell?
Since the company has been here since 2014, there are quite a few Triumph's up for sale in the pre-owned market, though not all are up on Olx and Quikr etc.

Triumph dealerships usually have a collection of trade in bikes from upgrades within the Triumph family, that are then sold to other customers. I have seen a good assortment of bikes parked in the dealership, looking for a new buyer. Now whether all these existing bikes will go through the new Triumph Approved program remains to be seen.

Also, a few Triumph owners prefer to not post their bikes on Olx and other sites but instead just put in a word to the showroom team to inform them about any potential buyers. The showroom guys facilitate the sale and the bike never reaches the showroom floor in these transactions. This is quite a convenient model for sellers who dont have time but want to get the bike sold without dealing with timepassers. All service history details are already known by the service folks, so that makes things easy for the buyers as well. A 1% fee to the concerned Triumph guy is apparently the accepted norm.
neil.jericho is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 12th November 2020, 21:38   #21
BHPian

I see some of the ones listed having done less than 10km. BSIV maybe?
busydrive is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th November 2020, 22:00   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by busydrive View Post
I see some of the ones listed having done less than 10km. BSIV maybe?
Yes especially the Gurgaon dealer has lots of demo bikes for sale. One was used for 1 km!

Got to say if Triumph did this earlier I would have been a lot more open to buying a used bike. Hitting olx and going through shady sellers who hide every flaw they can was not my cup of tea since I am quite the noob when it comes to such bikes. Hope other manufacturers go along with such a system of selling used bikes.
bf1983 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th November 2020, 22:41   #23
BHPian

I hope there are Tigers on here in 3 years time. I badly want one.
Old 19th November 2020, 20:26   #24
BHPian

I bought my tiger 800 XCX in march 2020, right before lockdown. It was a Showroom demo bike run 6.5 KMS. The discount to the new one was in the tune of half a million.

There were few dings on the bike (e.g. broken brake lever, and faulty switch cube), these were replaced prior to delivery.

The best part was full 2 years standard warranty + 2 years extended warranty.

Peace of mind.

I feel Triumph would do great in the used bike market.

Consider this.

New tiger 900 Rally Pro is approximately 19 Lakhs, on road in Blore. An approved/dealer 2020 Tiger 800 XCX/XCA will be around 11.5 - 13.5 on road.

You save anywhere between 5 to 7.5 lakhs that you can use for fuel, maintenace etc etc till the bike is out of warranty and then sell at around 7 lakhs
adityasiera is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th June 2021, 18:49   #25
r.K
BHPian

The triumph pre-approved has a T120 for 11.85L and the speedmaster is for 11.35L. Both are on- road. They are sold along with the following:

"Our offer for Motorcycle
Is for 11,85,000/-
We will hand over
-new resgistration
-1yr warranty
- 5yr insurance
- 1yr RSA
-motorcycle will be serviced

Best part is buyer will be the first owner for the Motorcycle."

The current line-up's ex-showroom prices are in the screenshot. The on-road for these new bikes is the same as the pre-owned. The ones in the screenshot are 2021 models. The pre-owned are 2020 demo bikes if I'm not mistaken, and have been used/abused by multiple people.

I would hardly service them twice in the first year. 5 years' insurance does not sound very attractive to me. They don't mention free parts/replacement/labour charges. So what exactly is the value I'm getting by buying these bikes?
Attached Thumbnails
Triumph India to enter used bike business with Triumph Approved-screenshot_20210605175519_chrome.jpg  

r.K is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th June 2021, 22:22   #26
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by r.K View Post
So what exactly is the value I'm getting by buying these bikes?
The Triumph pre-approved program is meant for customers to sell their existing Triumph motorcycles through the dealership and upgrade to bigger bikes in the Triumph family. This was supposed to give customers a fair resale value to the seller and help get a new motorcycle off the dealership's floor. Also with the Triumph checks and backing, this was meant to improve the resale value of the bikes in the preowned market for any potential buyers. Everyone who knows the big bike market knows that Triumphs depreciate far worse than their equivalent Kawasakis.

I dont see why a dealership is trying to sell their demo bike through this program. They are diluting the entire purpose of the Triumph Approved program and making things worse for Triumph owners

From what I know, Triumph India has mandated that dealerships have to sell / rotate their test ride motorcycles after a stipulated point of time. Since the dealers are well aware of that, these test ride bikes are in terrible condition. Even if it means that it turns off potential buyers.

I know how one of the Triumph dealerships did not fix their damaged test ride bike for months on end. And when it was time for the dealership to sell it, the same bike was miraculously "fixed". And the price quoted was absolutely hilarious and nowhere close to reality.

As for value of the motorcycle in your listing, well there is no value to be honest. I would stay away from all these test ride bikes and wait a good piece to come up in the local biking circles. Or even through the Triumph Approved Program.
neil.jericho is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 5th June 2021, 22:49   #27
BHPian

Had a quick look at the site. Keerthi Triumph is selling a used Bonnie speedster for 13 lacs. New one costs 12 lacs showroom price.

Am I missing something? I thought once you drive a bike off the showroom, it's a 25% depreciation on the price.

I am interested in getting a Daytona 675 but with this atrocious pricing, back to my usual channels of asking riders directly.
no_fear is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 6th June 2021, 14:13   #28
r.K
BHPian

Hi @No_Fear, I noticed that your handle mentions your location as Delhi hence asking you this. Are you familiar with the dealer "Bike Factory - Delhi" [https://www.instagram.com/bikefactory_delhi/?hl=en] ? They have a good collection of motorcycles and they deliver pan-India, but I am not sure about their reputation. Coincidentally I am also looking out for a stock Daytona 675!

Other forum members, pls do share your experiences if any with Bike Factory - Delhi. It would prove to be very useful. Thank you.
Old 6th June 2021, 18:29   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by r.K View Post
Hi @No_Fear, I noticed that your handle mentions your location as Delhi hence asking you this. Are you familiar with the dealer "Bike Factory - Delhi"
@r.K

I have nothing good to say about the shop or the proprietor. I know him very well as he wanted to be one of my business channel partners. The bikes he sells have very questionable backgrounds and no service history or records. He doesn't do any checks or services on the bikes themselves and is only interested to sell for inflated prices.

There are other better used dealers. The gentleman who runs Hoonigan Motorsports, although not the sharpest, is probably a better source to get a used Triumph.
no_fear is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 8th June 2021, 11:27   #30
BHPian

There is a Street Twin with 5K on the odo for 10L at Keerthi. Go figure! When asked the sales guy told me its because its got Vance & Hines and a few other bits and bobs + road tax and insurance paid. Also, hilariously he said its unregistered and hence commands a premium! Also a few months ago there was a Speed Twin with them. I happened to hear about it from another independent dealer as well. Keerthi's quote was 1.5L higher than the other source.
Overall, sadly it doesn't seem like Triumph India has operationalized the Pre-owned programme very well or even intends to use it as a strategic tool like some brands have. I guess they will fix it in the coming years as the volumes go up (hopefully). Most of the pre-owned listings haven't changed in many months (across dealers). So obviously pre-owned business is not taken seriously yet.
mpulztrack3r is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks