Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th July 2021, 11:28   #241
BHPian

Re: 2021 Triumph Trident 660 unveiled. Edit: Now launched at 6.95 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilzzzzOwn View Post
Absolutely outrageous pricing. Milking a competent product to the max. 26K for documentation?

Seems to be Triumph's MO. Charge exorbitantly and keep the brand exclusive.

I was hoping to upgrade from my D390 to Trident but looks like the dream will remain that, a dream. Middle class needs such rude awakening to be reminded that they don't make a difference and should dream accordingly
Come on don't just give up on a great bike just because of extra charges. Fight the dealer. Complain to Triumph. Try first to get the charges dropped but remember almost every big bike dealer has excess charges inbuilt. At the end of the day if you love riding get the bike you love now. Don't worry about a little extra. 26k is a big amount but even a slip on exhaust will probably cost a lot more than that. Try asking the dealer to drop that 26k and instead give you accessories worth 26k.
bf1983 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th July 2021, 22:09   #242
BHPian

Quote:
Absolutely outrageous pricing. Milking a competent product to the max. 26K for documentation?
Thanks for bringing this issue to the forefront. I wish many people like you come forward and expose this daylight robbery. This is a classic example of how Triumph India is utterly incompetent in having a control over their dealers.

It is your hard earned money and you have every right to spend the way you want. Hope you find success in waiving the handling/documentation charges and get the bike you love the most. It doesn’t matter if the brand is British or some European ones or any other brand for the matter. Those brands are garbage if they can’t take care of their customers. Period.

Last edited by shan_ned : 25th July 2021 at 22:13.
shan_ned is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th July 2021, 12:33   #243
BHPian

I feel Rishaad is one of the best bike reviewers in India after Shumi and IMO he has done a fantastic job reviewing the Trident. Thank God he didn't go for the media review which isn't the best way to get to know a bike as you get to ride it for just a few hours only.

bf1983 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 29th July 2021, 13:32   #244
Distinguished - BHPian

He says pillion seat looks good, while the pillion has half of his bum hanging out
AtheK is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 29th July 2021, 14:02   #245
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by bf1983 View Post
I feel Rishaad is one of the best bike reviewers in India after Shumi
Completely agree. Shumi is at his own level. After him I really like each of Kartikeya Singhee, Rohit Paradkar and Rishad. They’re all very competent journalists and interesting too in how they review the bikes. For some reason I’ve not really caught on to Sarge (sagar sheldekar) although he’s supposed to be really popular as well.
Axe77 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 29th July 2021, 17:23   #246
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankan_g View Post
I am new to biking. To cut the long story short, my mom was always paranoid about me riding a bike and therefore I have never owned a bike and the last time last I drove one was way back in college in 2004.
Since you have never owned a bike I am interested in knowing how many kms of riding experience did you pick up in your college days?

Quote:
However, lately I have had this urge to own a big bike and I have been looking into the market for a good beginner bike. The primary use of this bike will be fun weekend rides and the occasional drive to office whenever we finally go back.
Believe these fun weekend rides won't be alone and with other bikers with bigger capacity bikes?

That would not be the ideal situation or riding environment as you would like to keep up with the experienced and more seasoned riders and try to do something you definitely are not capable of and get into a dangerous unwanted situation. You have to remember everyone's falls from a motorcycle and its a part of the learning curve as you will end up doing something wrong or stupid. That is a reason why globally authorities insist on starting with smaller capacity motorcycles..

Quote:
Do you think the 660 will be too big and powerful for a novice like me or can it be managed since i might not be a biker and am an experienced driver.
These are powerful and scary bikes to ride and are ultra sensitive to throttle input. Hence, you need to get a smaller capacity bike which is comfortable for your height to get your basics right before you graduate to bigger motorcycles. You developed your driving experience by not driving or learning to drive in supercars and the same applies for motorcycles.

Quote:
Am not too keen on a sub 3 lac bike as I know I'll get bored too soon and might not feel like riding one either. I am 6ft tall and one my my requirement is to own an impressive bike.
Impressive bike to impress the opposite sex? Please don't go this route so early on in your biking stage.. The best looking bikes money can buy will not be able to help you in anyway to 'Impress' if you're missing a limb..
SnS_12 is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 30th July 2021, 12:19   #247
BHPian

Quote:

Seems to be Triumph's MO. Charge exorbitantly and keep the brand exclusive.

I was hoping to upgrade from my D390 to Trident but looks like the dream will remain that, a dream. Middle class needs such rude awakening to be reminded that they don't make a difference and should dream accordingly
If you are really serious about buying this bike, tell him that you won't pay this charge. I am in the market for a big bike and looking at either the T120 or speed twin (mostly speed twin). My sales advisor talked to his manager and has agreed to waive this off. I told him I won't buy the bike if he doesn't waive it. No matter how good the bike is, in this market of uncertainty there is no way they would want to lose a customer. Just be patient and be willing to walk off from the deal.
shivasuma is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2021, 04:02   #248
BHPian

Booked the Trident a week back.
Pretty pleasant experience at the showroom and did not run into any unfortunate incidents like what some of the users have noted. I interacted with two sales reps and they were around to assist.
The bike does look small-ish, although it didn't feel so. I am 5'11. Good road presence, noticed it was attracting attention riding down Lavelle road & Mallya road.
The test ride was pretty comfortable, the bike super easy to handle. Definitely did not feel like it was 200kg.
Muted test ride due to all the traffic and the fact that I had to follow a scooter that did not cross 40 kmph
The test bike was filthy, thanks to the rain in Bangalore. Not sure if it had been washed as I went there on Saturday and Sunday, and both days it was mucked up.
Wait time of 3 months
P72NX is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2021, 06:25   #249
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by P72NX View Post
Booked the Trident a week back.
Pretty pleasant experience at the showroom and did not run into any unfortunate incidents like what some of the users have noted. I interacted with two sales reps and they were around to assist.
The bike does look small-ish, although it didn't feel so. I am 5'11. Good road presence, noticed it was attracting attention riding down Lavelle road & Mallya road.
The test ride was pretty comfortable, the bike super easy to handle. Definitely did not feel like it was 200kg.
Muted test ride due to all the traffic and the fact that I had to follow a scooter that did not cross 40 kmph
The test bike was filthy, thanks to the rain in Bangalore. Not sure if it had been washed as I went there on Saturday and Sunday, and both days it was mucked up.
Wait time of 3 months
Thanks for the feedback. Congrats on the new bike!

Could you share the quote breakup by any chance? A lot of times dealers bake in charges in the RTO fees itself.
bf1983 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2021, 08:45   #250
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bf1983 View Post
Thanks for the feedback. Congrats on the new bike!

Could you share the quote breakup by any chance? A lot of times dealers bake in charges in the RTO fees itself.
Sure. Here you go

2021 Triumph Trident 660 unveiled. Edit: Now launched at 6.95 lakhs-trident-charges.jpg
P72NX is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2021, 09:42   #251
Distinguished - BHPian

The Autocar India review was quite sensible and they have summarized it well. The only jarring point, was right rightly picked up by AtheK.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtheK View Post
He says pillion seat looks good, while the pillion has half of his bum hanging out
2021 Triumph Trident 660 unveiled. Edit: Now launched at 6.95 lakhs-14.jpg

Looks like more than half !

To be honest, that does not look safe. I dont know the height of the pillion in this video, but the pillion looks to be shorter than Rishad. And the seating position is precarious, at best.

This is why I have been telling riders to not get carried away by the price tag of the Trident but to look at the product in its totality and consider whether they can actually do two up riding and so on.
neil.jericho is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 11th August 2021, 12:35   #252
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axe77 View Post
Shumi is at his own level.
Here he is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by neil.jericho View Post
This is why I have been telling riders to not get carried away by the price tag of the Trident but to look at the product in its totality and consider whether they can actually do two up riding and so on.
Not meant for two up, at one point the pillion footpegs comes in way of the Rider's boots!

2021 Triumph Trident 660 unveiled. Edit: Now launched at 6.95 lakhs-photo-surjashis-m-127774.jpg
Shumi says you'll out grow it soon! I'm saying please do, so that we can buy it pre-owned sooner

BTW, Dogs are trending!

Cheers,
surjaonwheelz
surjaonwheelz is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 11th August 2021, 12:50   #253
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by surjaonwheelz View Post
Shumi says you'll out grow it soon! I'm saying please do, so that we can buy it pre-owned sooner

BTW, Dogs are trending!

Cheers,
surjaonwheelz
Haha. Agree with you. Used bike buyers like us can rejoice. Actually I still think its a great first bike given that a lot of first time buyers are often drawn to a NEW bike and wary of buying used. So it will definitely have its market.

Personally, I would any day rather buy a < 2 year old used Street Triple R (or even S for others) over a new Trident. It’s just a no brainer and a lot more bike for similar or even lower money. The S / R are very novice friendly bikes too but equally can keep you engaged a LOT longer. Not to mention they are clearly a notch above on the quality or premium ness of build.

Secondly, for anyone who was otherwise in the market for a new Z 650 / N 650, unless the fairing is a must have the Trident is a no brainer alternative to pay extra for. It will definitely keep them engaged longer than a Z 650 would.

Ultimately, at every 50 - 100k price point there is a relevant buyer.

Last edited by Aditya : 11th August 2021 at 19:04. Reason: As requested
Axe77 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 11th August 2021, 18:30   #254
Distinguished - BHPian

I saw the bike in person in one of my rides last weekend, the bike looks so small in real life, like real small. The exhaust note was also just OK, basically the tank reminded me of the first pulsar, but a bit more sculpted.

The bike basically had nothing going for it for me personally, I would any day prefer a Ninja 650 (I know it is faired) over this, except for having an extra cylinder, Ninja pretty much is a better looking bike (IMHO) and would be easier on pocket too, plus you can tour on it much more easily.
AtheK is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th August 2021, 09:38   #255
Team-BHP Support

I would not do this personally but then I am an unlikely customer for the Trident, specially for touring purpose. But if you must have the Trident AND you're curious about how to make it touring friendly, then this video has some ideas which you might find usable. I particularly didn't like the changes at the rear he was trying to suggest to fit a top box, nor did he actually demo how it would turn out, but again, they're just ideas.

Again, I'm not endorsing it but for the narrow set of users that fall in the above bucket.

Last edited by Axe77 : 13th August 2021 at 09:40.
Axe77 is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks