Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th April 2021, 23:21   #151
BHPian

Re: 2021 Triumph Trident 660 unveiled. Edit: Now launched at 6.95 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by aeeshaan007 View Post
Hello All,

The only downside is I live in Coimbatore and the nearest dealer is in Kochi.

Cheers
Eeshaan
Many many congratulations and safe rides ahead
Do share the full break up , so as to ascertain if there are any illegal handling/documentation charges.
1985Darkkid85 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th April 2021, 23:57   #152
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
Congratulations. And not a big issue since I believe they do camps for nearby cities. Kochi is one of the better dealers also, though there were some misses recently. So for a new bike I don’t think a big issue. Look at the bright side, you can take a quick ride to Cochin for service but ya those speed cams!!

Looking forward to a review soon.
Yes. A ride to Cochin is guaranteed albeit the speed cams.

Will definitely put up a review once I get my hands on it.
aeeshaan007 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th April 2021, 02:19   #153
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by whencut86 View Post
Now I get why the rear grab rails are not an accessory in India. Maybe the Indian version comes with the rear grab rails as standard I guess based on these clicks.

The matte grey with red paint is indeed the eye catchy one among all color options.
Yes, it does, you can see in this walk around video by dino as well. The bike looks so nice, one of few naked bikes I really don't mind buying.

AtheK is online now   (5) Thanks
Old 11th April 2021, 09:42   #154
BHPian

So PUIG has a list of accessories upcoming for the Trident 660.

There are options for a bigger windscreen, protectors, plastic belly pan, rear tyre hugger and the likes from https://www.powerbronze.co.uk

I think in about a few months time we should see more such options for luggage capability and to convert this into a touring machine for a few days.

Incidentally, the Bonneville range has provision under the seat to fit in Kriega drypack. Hope the Trident 660 comes with something similar.
Attached Thumbnails
2021 Triumph Trident 660 unveiled. Edit: Now launched at 6.95 lakhs-bonn-seat.jpg  

whencut86 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th April 2021, 15:01   #155
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Isn’t this same across brands, for all vehicles?
But Jaggu, it isnt the same across all brands for all vehicles. I had posted about the Honda CBR650 bikes and how the road tax listed by the dealer is exactly the same as that what is charged by the Karnataka government.

Over the weekend, on the Triumph whatsapp group, the exact same thing was proven for the new Africa Twin as well. Now, we all are certain that the Big Wing Honda dealer in Bangalore is not charging any handling fees and inflating the road tax.

So it is unfair to say that all dealers are committing the same crime of charging illegal handling fees in Bangalore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Just a matter of which bitter pill to swallow - inflated by company, or inflated by dealer!
Dr CD, I am not sure I understood where you are coming from. You are comparing illegal fees that go into the pockets of the dealership with legally collected road tax amounts that go straight to the government.

Honda has chosen an smart / elevated / unrealistic / dead on arrival price point for its new launches, and we have all dissected it on the Honda threads. We can carry forward that discussion here as well, but right now, it will completely derail a crucial aspect being highlighted on our public forum.

My post which was a collection of inputs shared by different Triumph owners, consolidated in one single place on the internet, how different Triumph dealerships are collecting illegal fees under different names for the Trident. 99% of potential owners will not know that these fees are baked in / illegal / can be waived off with pressure etc. I believe the post has served to alert different members on this forum and Im assuming other readers as well who are keen on buying the Trident, on this illegal charge.

If even one person (whether he / she is a member or just a reader) who has read my post now knows about this scam and can get the illegal fees waived and can save his / her hard earned money, then this fantastic forum has once again helped the Indian automobile community.

If it helps Triumph India wake up and control their dealers, then both Triumph India and us as customers, stand to gain.

Quote:
I have been looking to upgrade from my Duke 200 since last 2 years. The options were Kawasaki Z650, Street Triple R, BMW F900R. But when the Trident was launched last year, it ticked most of my points - a bike for daily usage as well as occasional long rides (maybe some adjustments required here).

So all in all, I booked the Trident(Silver Red) back in December as the booking amount is refundable. Now waiting eagerly for the test ride before I make my complete payment. The international reviews look promising, so I hope I like it as well.

The only downside is I live in Coimbatore and the nearest dealer is in Kochi. Would this be a problem during the long term?
Welcome to the forum! The Cochin dealership used to arrange for visits to Coimbatore once in 3 - 4 months for service camps. Now with Covid and travel restrictions in place, I am not sure what is the current status of these plans. Please do call the showroom and ask for the service head and find out more. Im sure he will be happy to share the details with you. Also do ask about the RSA and ensure that it covers your location, how they will manage in case there are any Covid restrictions etc. If you finalize on the Trident, it might be prudent to keep the RSA active for as long as possible since you are in a different state.

A day or two back, the dealership sales team had mentioned that the test ride bike hasnt arrived yet. So you might have to hold on to your booking for a bit longer.
neil.jericho is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 12th April 2021, 17:12   #156
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by neil.jericho View Post
So it is unfair to say that all dealers are committing the same crime of charging illegal handling fees in Bangalore.
I only confirmed that lol, anyways one dealer playing fair does not make it ok when the majority are not. There is an underlying bigger issue and we cannot ignore this. That is the fact of life.
Jaggu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th April 2021, 18:06   #157
BHPian

Quote:
I had posted about the Honda CBR650 bikes and how the road tax listed by the dealer is exactly the same as that what is charged by the Karnataka government.
======
If it helps Triumph India wake up and control their dealers, then both Triumph India and us as customers, stand to gain.
Neil,
Apart from Bangalore, even other big wing dealers are transparent.

I don’t know why few are making a big fuss about the effort in creating awareness about the day light robbery indulged by some dealers.

You have rightly put - Even if one customer found your post helpful and makes an attempt to waive the illegal charges, it needs to be appreciated rather than making efforts to discredit your post. After all, a customer is going to pay from his hard earned money and he/she has every right to expect the dealers to be transparent. For a few, they may ignore it and it is his/her wish.

This is an opportunity for TI to control their erring dealers. If they failed to do so this time as well, it will be an another open proof about their lack of courage in dealing with their dealers. Already we know how some of the triumph dealers are creating service related issues for the existing customers and how TI is keeping quite.

Last edited by Jaggu : 12th April 2021 at 18:19. Reason: Trimming quoted post, please avoid quoting entire large posts for short replies. Readability goes for a toss esp on mobile.
shan_ned is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th April 2021, 18:15   #158
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by shan_ned View Post
I don’t know why few are making a big fuss about the effort in creating awareness about the day light robbery indulged by some dealers.
I guess I belong to that "some" am not creating a fuss (if that is what you think it is) but stating a fact! When there are dedicated threads regarding this "scam" (multiple in fact), dragging just one brand doesn't seem fair to me. That is all.
Jaggu is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 12th April 2021, 19:39   #159
BHPian

Quote:
I guess I belong to that "some" am not creating a fuss (if that is what you think it is) but stating a fact! When there are dedicated threads regarding this "scam" (multiple in fact), dragging just one brand doesn't seem fair to me. That is all.
Why do we need to be fair with Triumph when they themselves are not fair with its existing customers ?. First let them be fair to the existing customers.
You are showing a great deal of concern to Triumph. At the same time, rest of us too expect the same from them towards the existing customers.

I am an existing customer of Triumph and I will raise issues in Triumph related forums only. I felt this thread is widely watched by prospective customers and so this is the best place to document the facts. With all respect, I would like to thank TBHP for providing us a platform to expose certain dealers who are nothing but white collar thieves.

Even dealers of other brands too indulge in this day light robbery. I hope the existing or even new customers raise the same issue in other threads. It should help your concern of being fair to Triumph.

And finally, this is a test for Triumph India. Already they failed miserably to control their dealers. Their inaction in this regard will only expose them further. So this is also an important reason on why a few of us are targeting Triumph.
shan_ned is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 12th April 2021, 20:33   #160
BHPian

Trident Experimental Ride for media seems to be happening in the hills from tomorrow. Dehradun it is!

It's like a home series test match, play your strength. The twisties should be a perfect playground to showcase the Trident's handling prowess.

Look forward to updates on their social media handles

Last edited by surjaonwheelz : 12th April 2021 at 20:35.
surjaonwheelz is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 12th April 2021, 23:25   #161
BHPian

Quote:

Welcome to the forum! The Cochin dealership used to arrange for visits to Coimbatore once in 3 - 4 months for service camps. Now with Covid and travel restrictions in place, I am not sure what is the current status of these plans. Please do call the showroom and ask for the service head and find out more. Im sure he will be happy to share the details with you. Also do ask about the RSA and ensure that it covers your location, how they will manage in case there are any Covid restrictions etc. If you finalize on the Trident, it might be prudent to keep the RSA active for as long as possible since you are in a different state.

A day or two back, the dealership sales team had mentioned that the test ride bike hasnt arrived yet. So you might have to hold on to your booking for a bit longer.
Thanks Neil. When I had first enquired, they had suggested using the RSA for the service as well. I will also ask about the arrangements of service in Coimbatore. Glad to get valuable inputs from this community.
I guess the deliveries are supposed to start from April end. Fingers crossed.
Old 13th April 2021, 10:32   #162
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks Neil. When I had first enquired, they had suggested using the RSA for the service as well. I will also ask about the arrangements of service in Coimbatore. Glad to get valuable inputs from this community.
I guess the deliveries are supposed to start from April end. Fingers crossed.
aeeshaan007, if I read between the lines, it appears as though the dealership may not be conducting any more / quarterly service camps in Coimbatore for the near future (probably due to Covid) and hence they are suggesting that you use the RSA for services. They had conducted a track event in Coimbatore a few weeks ago for owners of Triumphs from Kerala, but Im guessing with the increasing Covid cases and stricter rules, coming to Tamil Nadu may not be very feasible for them. That is completely understandable.

Coming to your initial question about whether this will be an issue in the long term, the only two that that I can see are
- you will need to keep paying for the RSA every year to get the bike serviced. Then again, given that you are so far away, it makes sense to keep the RSA for as long as possible to get issues sorted out post warranty. Just account for that additional amount in your planned annual expenses. For the Trident, the RSA is Rs 6,016.
- If you have small issues that need checking and investigation (display, heating, vibrations etc), it may not be very convenient to depend on RSA each time.
neil.jericho is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th April 2021, 10:48   #163
BHPian

Quote:
Coming to your initial question about whether this will be an issue in the long term, the only two that that I can see are
- you will need to keep paying for the RSA every year to get the bike serviced. Then again, given that you are so far away, it makes sense to keep the RSA for as long as possible to get issues sorted out post warranty. Just account for that additional amount in your planned annual expenses. For the Trident, the RSA is Rs 6,016.
- If you have small issues that need checking and investigation (display, heating, vibrations etc), it may not be very convenient to depend on RSA each time.
Yes. I understand that point as well.

My concern was mainly with smaller issues and the reliability of the bike. For E.g my Duke 200 post 4 years of usage had lot of niggles here and there. This meant I had to either fix them myself or get them to the service. And this is my main concern with having a dealer elsewhere where I cannot make a dash to Cochin everytime. I hope these performance motorbikes last better.

On the other hand, there isn't any options in Coimbatore apart from Kawasaki, BMW and Honda. BMW F900R and CB650R are over my budget. And not really interested in Kawa.

I guess this would have to be a calculated risk.

Last edited by benbsb29 : 13th April 2021 at 11:22. Reason: Post quote trimmed.
Old 14th April 2021, 18:52   #164
Senior - BHPian

I'm really boiling at the reception Keerthi Triumph gave me today. I'd gone to check out the Trident, and was shown the vehicle by a very nice lady. Meanwhile, I saw some really snazzy Triumph gear, picked up a jacket but the Tshirt was not in my size. The Sales Assistant went to get my size, and there was already one customer checking out the bike - putting his leg over it and seeing the riding posture etc. Then came my turn, so I took a few pics - switched on ignition, and was just about to check the riding stance when another Sales guy appeared from nowhere and says 'Please do not touch the bike'. I was shocked and looked at him quizzingly. He continued that it was a 'customer vehicle they have kept on display'. So i asked him 'where is the Trident for me to touch and feel?' To which he says 'this is the only one and we sold it'. I just rushed out of the showroom, since I was absolutely seething by now. If this is how they treat the 'well heeled' at the 'Sales stage', I shudder to think of the service. So there are basically two types of people at Keerthi, the first guy (Extremely courteous) and the second (the rude types). They wronged two people today; the customer whose bike it was (on the showroom floor demo) and a future probable customer. Could they have handled it differently, I wonder? PS: Not posting any of the pics I took, lest it leads to a sale. The bike, by itself, is too diminutive and has no aspirational value. Looks good in flashy YouTube videos. That's all.

Last edited by Sebring : 14th April 2021 at 19:01.
Sebring is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 14th April 2021, 20:02   #165
BHPian

2021 Triumph Trident 660 unveiled. Edit: Now launched at 6.95 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
The bike, by itself, is too diminutive and has no aspirational value. Looks good in flashy YouTube videos. That's all.

I have not been able to see the bike in person. How big or small is it? I am 6'1 and looking at the pictures it looks too small for me.

Last edited by shivasuma : 14th April 2021 at 20:03.
shivasuma is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks