Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th December 2020, 10:54   #1
BHPian

A happy ending to an otherwise disastrous year : My pre-owned Honda CBR 650F aka Raven!

Im just like everyone else. A middle class boy who took up engineering and as the days of college went by the lust for motorcycles got intense because while the most of my friends went out partying, smoking or for long sessions of getting wasted. I saved up every penny possible to fill my bikes tank to go places in and around Goa. Road or no road really didnt matter. All this on my 2007 Pulsar 180 UG3 a.k.a Natasha. This continued till 2013 quite smoothly.

I was having a job. Earning decently enough. And then came a BOMB. BAL launches KTM Duke 390 and I was baffled. As I was highly due for an upgrade for my rides. I took a good year to ponder over the ownership forums for the 390 and then in Aug 2014 when I was convinced that most of the rough edges if the bike are been ironed out. Came home my 2014 KTM Duke 390 a.k.a Akira. The initial few years were superb as I simply loved the explosive performance the bike offered and was thoroughly enjoying my weekend rides and occasional long rides on it. Then came 2017 and 'Life Happened', I got married and just like that somehow the stints on the D390 started getting lesser as the weeks past. In the mean while as the P180 was ageing it needed a replacement. Something that's good enough for a daily commutes to work and came home 2017 Suzuki Gixxer 150 a.k.a Riley.

Thats when something hit me real hard that the modern day 150cc commuter bikes have come a long way in terms of handling and the fun they provided. My wife too loved it compared to the D390 for the comfort it offered at the back seat. So all the more reasons for the Duke to be kept at idle. Indefinitely. Not that it was totally ignored. I did make efforts to ensure that it at-least does 100-200kms every week.

Then came the great year of 2020. During Feb did a wonderful 1000+kms ride to Chikmaglur and back. And after that lock down happened. During every single day of the lock-down I would helplessly see my bike been sitting idle and sort of rotting away. So by the end of April I decided to part ways with it. With a very heavy heart as this was my first motorcycle of my hard earned money and the drama behind it too is an adventurous one. But for great things come when you go down the slope of a painful loss. Isn't it?

As I put the ad on OLX many potential buyers came by to see and then negotiate. But I wasn't gonna let it go to someone who will not take care of the motorcycle as I did. I may have neglected it on the riding part. But never on the maintenance or the TLC part. A month went by and happened a miracle. Through a reference of common friends came a guy who was equally passionate to take Akira home and I was convinced the moment we met and had a conversation. I got to know that Akira will be well take care of and she will have even more adventures her way with her new owner. So she left and I was left with my Gixxer 150 and commuting and an indefinite break from 'motorcycling'

Then the life started getting back to normal and what I never realized is my parents and my wife too had seen a big change in me since the bike was gone away. I had become someone who was actively involved in house chores and got myself busy in that home-office-gym/workout-home-repeat was my schedule. In doing so I was totally disinterested in being social.

My parents confronted me and I opened up that I will be getting a bike by looking at how jinxed 2020 is it will only happen in 2021 and it will be a biggie. And they agreed. Surprising. Isn't it? I'm lucky that way!

Now began my search for a motorcycle that's befitting of an upgrade from a D390 for me. I wasn't looking at liter class bike as I like moving up the ladder. And I like to use my motorcycles well. Whats the point of having all the power if you cannot enjoy putting it all down? So I capped myself at 600-800cc. I was looking at a motorcycle which I can own without hassles. So that cleared the thing that its gotta be a Japanese. Also I like my motorcycles without electronics. Just ABS is more than enough. Also the bike needs to be easy on the pocket and parts availability (too enthusiastic me) should be easy as well. After all the things considered what really fit the bill in terms of all things considered is that it has to be a Honda. Its reliable, efficient, cost effective part and servicing. Their big bike support is impeccable. With the Big Wings network growing this was only getting better now. So I decided CBR 650F is the one for me.

Now that the 650F isn't available anymore it had to be a used one. And till date in my family no one had got a used machine. I would be the one who will break that spree. Also when I expressed this thought to my riding friends they too told me the same. Just a caution raised was ensure that the bike history is clean and correct. And that was BIG ticking point in my head. The bike needs to be clean and well kept. And none of my close contacts/friends owned one for me to persuade them to sell to it me.

And I was relaxed too as I had set 2021 for it I knew I will find something by then kept me at bay. I always preferred GA reg bike as I really didn't want the hassle of getting a non-GA bike and get into the mess of figuring the ways to register and getting ripped off in doing so. I was at a strict budget of 5L for a 2015-17(end) model and more 1L if the bike is updated 2018 model. Then came a Diwali eve when I headed out with my friends for dinner and my buddy Viraj who was there along a day before got his hands on a well kept Punto Abarth with performance mods on it. Very likeable machine. During it drive I happen to have a conversation with him and told him that I'm looking out for a used 650F and preferably GA. That's when he immediately told me of a person who he knows from Belgaum whos a motorsports enthusiat and owns a pristine beauty which is a 2018 model with tasteful touring mods. And as the owner of the bike owns a company that makes racekarts the mods done and the bike maintenance was taken care of automatically. I told Viraj to get me the contact of the onwer so that I can speak to him regarding the bike and make an offer. But they owner wasn't selling the bike at all.

But I made sure I got the number and called him up. The conversation was an interesting one and ended up with he agreeing to sell me his motorcycle as he found me genuine enough to take care of her the way he did. That when he told me that he is half Parsi and then you all know what that means

So the price was agreed upon. Part payment was done and part left to be completed on the date of delivery. The bike came with 5yrs warranty and due to lock-down had missed a service. That the owner told me will be happening before he lends it to me. Bike has done 21,000kms and in 2yrs of ownership the bike had never seen a drop of rain on it. It was never ridden in rains. Used to be stored in the garage all covered up and trickle charger connected. I told the owners that's not happening with me because 'If you don't ride in the rains, you don't ride'

So the bike was all serviced and ready for me to take it home. The decided date was 11th Dec, 2020. I got up quite early morning that day. With couple of my close mates I rode down to Belgaum to collect the bike. And yeah did I tell you that I hadn't seen the motorcycle till this very day? Yes, i saw my 2018 Honda CBR 650F a.k.a Raven for the first time on the day of its delivery in flesh. And going by the luck I have on my side. I was baffled and awestruck and I cannot explain the feeling I went through the moment I saw her neatly parked away in the basement of the owners residence.

The owner welcomed us. I ensured that I paid the balance amount first before I asked for its key so that I could fire her as mine for the very first time. It was a very cold morning in Belgaum and an underground parking. The motorcycle has a full system exhaust that's custom tuned by the owner itself. And that was some drama during the first crank. Well Im out of words and I shall left the picture clicked my by buddy do the talking about my happiness!

A happy ending to an otherwise disastrous year : My pre-owned Honda CBR 650F aka Raven!-837d5628a40840aaba1b4ab57a7c4870.jpg

After the warmup was completed the bike settled into a beautiful hum and I took her out of the parking towards my car to pick my gear up.

A happy ending to an otherwise disastrous year : My pre-owned Honda CBR 650F aka Raven!-img_0809.jpg

A happy ending to an otherwise disastrous year : My pre-owned Honda CBR 650F aka Raven!-img_0808.jpg

We were now going towards the motorsport factory of the owner as rest of the stock parts and touring kits were kept there. From there we rode off to Goa via Bhimgad-Anmod to reach its new home.

A happy ending to an otherwise disastrous year : My pre-owned Honda CBR 650F aka Raven!-img_0810.jpg

Raven now at her new home base with Riley!

A happy ending to an otherwise disastrous year : My pre-owned Honda CBR 650F aka Raven!-img_0817.jpg

She looks mean. Doesn't she?

A happy ending to an otherwise disastrous year : My pre-owned Honda CBR 650F aka Raven!-img_0818.jpg

Now that she is home the itch to ride just kept coming back. Because why now? For me it was a dream come true and pay attention to my handle it says AKSHAYHONDA and finally Akshay and his Honda had become one. A journey from riding my first every superbike, 2005 Honda CBR 1000RR Fireblade to luring them via back of notebooks, magazine articles, YT videos, FB/IG pics and posts to actually owning it. Sitting on one to call it MINE had become a reality in this otherwise not to great year of 2020.

A happy ending to an otherwise disastrous year : My pre-owned Honda CBR 650F aka Raven!-img_0833.jpg

A happy ending to an otherwise disastrous year : My pre-owned Honda CBR 650F aka Raven!-img_0846.jpg

Then came Sunday 13th Dec, 2020 calls for a much needed ride to the ghats and back. And this day I lived my dream of waking up early morning and cold starting my 'superbike' and waking the neighborhood up. Objective ACHIEVED

Here a few pictures from the ride.

A happy ending to an otherwise disastrous year : My pre-owned Honda CBR 650F aka Raven!-img_0865.jpg

Thats Raven showing off her gorgeous rear. Tail tidy coming in soon!

A happy ending to an otherwise disastrous year : My pre-owned Honda CBR 650F aka Raven!-img_0875.jpg

And thats me. One happy soul I would say. LOL

A happy ending to an otherwise disastrous year : My pre-owned Honda CBR 650F aka Raven!-img_0872.jpg

The Good Bits -
The bike has done 500+kms since I got it. The fueling on the motorcycle is smooth and precise. Power delivery is very linear and manageable by someone who is moving up the ladder from a 250-400cc motorcycle. As far as 'Kitna Deti Hai' is concerned so far the bike has shown an average of 18-19KMPL which is mainly of ghat and city roads. I'm yet to give it a taste of the highways. Which will happen for the coming weekend. The 650F series of bikes are known to have soft front end which tends to bottom out under hard breaking. The previous owner has added custom preload to the front end. And thats made the bike handle really well and front does not bottom out even on hard braking. Small and subtle changes have made this bike a very likeable one for someone upgrading stepwise. power is never intimidating. Brakes a technology wise are not the most advanced but the bite & the feel is brilliant and flawless. Stops the bike on a dime if need be. Very reassuring in that sense.

Negatives of the Bike - The only negative I felt off the start is the motor is vibey around 6000-6500RPM mark. Which is unlike any other Honda I4 known. But I plan to get Spider Apex Grips and heavier bar ends to try and curb the vibes at the bars. But need to figure about the buzz that is felt at the pegs and the seat. Will try torquing out the fairing and engine bolts as a trial and error means too. Also another point is that the stock headlight is too weak for riding after dark. Not a big issue for me as I usually don't tour post sundown. Considering its a sport tourer it should have had a better lighting on stock setup. My D390 had better stock lights. Though I have a pair of additional touring aux lights which are plug and play when needed during a long ride.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now that I have written it down what all came straight through my heart as being the story of getting home my first big bike. Its time to list down the things that would be of help to someone just like me trying to live his/her dream going ahead with a pre-owned motorcycle and complying to the rules of the forum as well. Well this section is the most unusual part where you will find such info which is right at the end. But I really wanted this to be that nutritional information at the back of your favorite pack of chips/sweets which you would refer to if you had to dig more deeper. Or more like a technical specification sheet at the end of the user manual you can say too. So here it goes...

Alternatives Considered -
1. Kawasaki Z800 - As I said likeable machine but I cannot justify the steep pricing for spares and maintenance.
2. Suzuki VStrom 650 - Couldn't find any in my budget of a strict max of 6.5L in MH or KA so had to pass.
3. Tiger 800 XR or XRX - All the decently run options available were upwards of 8L INR and one in sort of reach and negotiable were run more than 50-60K KMS

Price/Mileage/Warranty/Model - Its a 2018 Honda CBR 650F in matte black which had done 21000KMS on ODO when I took possession of it and it costed me 6 Lakhs including a major service which was done that included Chain Set, Spark Plug, Cables and fluids replacement. I tried negotiating but somewhere at the back of my mind I knew it was a stellar deal so never really pushed for it. Getting such a peach of a motorcycle with GA reg was the most unstressed part of my buying experience. Also the bike has additional 3yrs of warranty left as the previous owner had purchased extended warranty. HMSI offers extended warranty even on big bikes. It was a measly 2500INR for the 650F/R.

Engine Performance & Driveability in City/Highway & FE- The Honda 649cc 16v DOHC inline four feels extremely familiar. Now making 89PS, it's an extremely familiar engine to say the least. What I mean by that is this. If you close your eyes and imagine what a street-legal Honda inline four should sound like that, you will know exactly what the CBR650F sounds like. It's uncanny accurate and its also perfectly pitched in how the sweet presence of the four-cylinder at low revs transforms into a more urgent muted roar closer to redline. The added aftermarket exhaust just adds to the experience to the next level. Its not too loud and high on bass. You gotta hear it to understand what Im trying to get across. And to ride, it's all sweetness and light. Up to about 5,000rpm. Below that, the Honda is utterly refined and completely vibration free. Unfortunately, around 5,500 and below aboput 6,500rpm, the Honda engine is a bit buzzy, just like the old one. This is the rev range where you would normally accomplish the majority of a highway cruise and that will be a niggle for sure. But past 7,000 the engine smooths out again right up to the redline. Power arrives in an utterly linear, almost boring fashion unlike its rivals that I have ridden and you never sense the motorcycle's speed. It's a very Honda thing to do and you will often find yourself far north of your inner safe speed without realising it as you get used to the CBR650F. In doing so the bike returns 18-19KPL on Goan roads. Im yet to experience it on the highways and I assume it would hover around 20-23KPL with my touring speeds on 120-140KPH easily. This should give the bike a tank range of 320-360KMS with ease. And it runs and had been running with normal petrol. No 91RON needed. All this smoothness and refinement with standard fuel usage.

Ride/Comfort/Handling/Dynamics/Riding Position - I'm a 6 footer and 95kgs. The bike with its single seat setup is very comfortable. Even my wife finds it very comfortable at the back. Seat is plush, soft and grippy. Its just right for those long 500-700kms of day in saddle. Even the riding position is typical sport touring. Its not too aggressive nor too upright. Just right so that you can spend long hours in saddle and you are in control of this motorcycle when needed for the twisties and the flicks through the traffic of the urban environment. No need of gel or air cushion seat IMO. I never had them on my D390 as well. Ride quality is a stand out for me. Ride it mildly, as you might in the city, and the CBR650F feels uncannily smooth and absorbent. Full credit for Showa and the preload added by the previous owner. The issue of bottoming out on sharp bumps and hard braking is ironed out. Once you pick up the pace, the CBR650F refuses to descend into wallow or feel too soft. As the pace picks up, the Honda continues to feel composed though the suspension isn't quite so plush any more. It take some muscle to push it into the corner but once tipped into one it stays stable and planted even if the corner is jittery. You just gotta trust the motorcycle. I believe the Pirelli Angel GT too are helping it greatly in this. The brakes are solid. The bite is well-judged and fast-hard stops require no undue effort, nor do they happen with any drama. All this with OEM brake pads. The clutch feel is smooth and light as a typical Honda should be. Gearbox is smooth and precise. No fuss whatsoever. I have ridden the bike in the peak traffic which Goa has to offer and I did not feel any heat at all. The heat management is fantastic on this one. Way better than my D390!!!

Safety/Electronics/Aftermarket Equipment/Accessories - The bike is simple and raw. Comes with ABS only and PGMFI. The later R model comes with slipper clutch & TC. The slipper clutch is a direct retro fit on the F model AFAIK. So next up when the clutch set is due for replacement I will get the slipper clutch for that added piece of mind. not that I felt the need for it as I rev match the bike while downshifting during the those fast weekend rides. The previous owner has shod the bike with Bazzaz QuickShift, Fuel Map, TC module which I have taken off as I don't want an external electronics package to be a hindrance during my long rides as and when they will happen or my learning experience with this motorcycle. I don't feel the need for a quickshifter as the stock setup is nice and crisp. Love the traditional means and nor am I chasing lap times on a ghat section anyways.

For the protection part of it I have R&G Aero Frame Sliders, front axle crash bobbins, radiator guard.

For making the life a bit easy while touring it has a Aliexpress sourced double bubble screen which I will be replacing with one from Puig. It has a top box which I have removed and will be used only during my rides when they happen and tank ring lockable quick releasing tankpod for maps and misc stuff.

Cost & Maintenance - During my research I realised that this is the most cost effective superbike to own. in that case any Honda SBK is. I havent had any service experience but the service interval is 6000kms/ 6 months. The average cost I assume will be 4-5K INR unless it a major service. I will update about this in the thread as it happens. Big Wings dealership is expected to open in Goa by April and my service is due in May. So I'm assuringly sorted on service front and I have verified that with the dealer. Currently to get the bike serviced the technician would come down from Pune or BLR and service multiple bikes over a couple of days. the excess charge/person would be the cost of his travel and stay. that will be eliminated. If not the closest for me to ride down would have been Kolhapur or Pune.

My Riding Gear -
1. Helmets - HJC RPHA 11 Pro Bludom & Arai Quantum-J Crutchlow
2. Riding Jackets - Rynox Air GT3 Neon & Rynox Storm Evo grey with Chest Protectors
3. Riding Pant - Rynox Advento
4. Gloves - Rynox Evo full gauntlet, Rynox Tornado Pro 3 short cuff, Viaterra Grid full gauntlet, Viaterra Holeshot short cuff
5. Boots - Shima RSX6 Sport Touring full boots

I thought I should share my brief experience of buying my first ever superbike which is a pre-loved beauty. I shall keep updating this space with service/parts/experience updates.

Currently placed an order for radiator guard (ordered from wish.com) , universal tail tidy (Amazon India), front axle bobbins by roadrash in Bangalore. Already on the bike are R&G Aero frame sliders purchased from PRS, Mumbai.

Special thanks tot he ownership posts on Team-BHP about the bike by the various owners which helped me cement my decision of getting this motorcycle.
Attached Thumbnails
A happy ending to an otherwise disastrous year : My pre-owned Honda CBR 650F aka Raven!-img_0899.jpg  

Last edited by akshayhonda : 16th December 2020 at 09:19.
akshayhonda is offline   (80) Thanks
Old 14th December 2020, 11:09   #2
BHPian

re: A happy ending to an otherwise disastrous year : My pre-owned Honda CBR 650F aka Raven!

Wow! Akshayhonda. You have got yourself a beast, notwithstanding the fact that your freedoms was curtailed in a massive way in 2017 The photo looks great man. Which part of KA do you reside? I think you must be closer to GA border. Do share the travelogues!

Keep revvin and ride safe.

MDED
MDED is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th December 2020, 06:26   #3
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Re: A happy ending to an otherwise disastrous year : My pre-owned Honda CBR 650F aka Raven!

Thread moved from the Assembly Line to the Big Bikes Section. Thanks for sharing!

Your CBR is going to our homepage today - ride safe .
GTO is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 17th December 2020, 09:03   #4
Senior - BHPian

Re: A happy ending to an otherwise disastrous year : My pre-owned Honda CBR 650F aka Raven!

Looking good!

This is one sensible bike to own. Very usable power, supremely comfortable and that butter smooth big red engine.
I remember when I rode it, the clutch was smooth, brakes more than adequate, agile handling and it gave that typical big bike feel. I did find the weight on the higher side for the class though but its easy to move past it once one puts some kms under the belt.

Few years ago, on one of my rides I think I was doing about 130/140 when this guy comes behind me. The bike looked new to me since I could not place the headlights. He came parallel and then I realized it was the 650F. It looked good, big and was fast. I though what more do you need in a super bike in this country.

Lights are an easy upgrade. Enough kits available.
The vibration could be the nature of the engine. Check Chain and sprockets. While feeling the vibration pull in the clutch, that will tell you if its an engine thing or a drive train thing.

Enjoy your time with this.
bigron is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 17th December 2020, 10:02   #5
BHPian

Congratulations!! Your smile says it all. Keep us updated with all the mods you're going to install. If you don't mind sharing, how much did that major service cost to you? Individual costs of parts (spark plugs, chain sprocket set etc) will be appreciated.
hgps is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th December 2020, 10:17   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Your CBR is going to our homepage today - ride safe .
Thank you so much. This really made my day

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigron View Post
Looking good!

Lights are an easy upgrade.
Thank you. Already have aux lights with holder. During long rides just need to fit the bracket and plug the socket in. I'm ready to roll then.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hgps View Post
Congratulations!! Your smile says it all. Keep us updated with all the mods you're going to install. If you don't mind sharing, how much did that major service cost to you? Individual costs of parts (spark plugs, chain sprocket set etc) will be appreciated.
Definitely will update as the days go by. The major service was done by the previous owner. Approx 25K including the parts mentioned. Haven't got the invoice yet. Will let you know once I get it.

Just replaced the exhaust with a new MGP Growler exhaust. Cold starts are loud. But didn't feel much noise while riding.
akshayhonda is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th December 2020, 10:35   #7
BHPian

While this post took its time to get slow roasted to perfection in the background I thought Ill be doing some tinkering to make my bike sound more 'Big Bike' like and match the end can with the Ravens looks. So it had to be a CF finished can.

I happen to find a MGP Growler end can with a friend of mine. looking at the exhaust i knew Raven would turn herself into a noise bomb and my neighbors would start complaining about the 5.30am Sunday morning cold starts. but meh, who cares. As long as the frequency of these noises in not frequent and the scenes in Goa don't turn as bad as that in BLR I would go ahead with mods of adding a shorty can with wide opening and lesser perforations.

The result was a LOUD cold start and not too bad sound with helmet on on the saddle while I had the test ride in the city. Detailed outcome will be known this weekend.

A happy ending to an otherwise disastrous year : My pre-owned Honda CBR 650F aka Raven!-file_001.jpeg

Rode her home and had original LeoVince exhaust stickers lying around so thought would slap it on the bare CF surface for looks

A happy ending to an otherwise disastrous year : My pre-owned Honda CBR 650F aka Raven!-file_000.jpeg

Here is a sound clip of the first startup/cold start after the end can was fitted.

akshayhonda is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 17th December 2020, 10:54   #8

Congratulations on this beautiful machine! This has always felt like the perfect Superbike to own in India if you lean towards the sports side and not ADV's. This and the Ninja 1000 but that is of course costlier to purchase and own.
Ride Well, Ride Safe.
irajput is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th December 2020, 11:51   #9
BHPian

Congratulations Akshay! One of the best ownership posts I have read on the forum. I have a noob question. Does the custom exhaust affect the extended warranty? I am asking because I plan to get a used bike myself which is currently under warranty. I couldn't help but notice that your bikes are now named Raven Riley. Was that intentional (If you know what I mean!)?
targaryen is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th December 2020, 11:57   #10
BHPian

Congratulations...the bike looks superb.
Honda should definitely bring their other superbikes to India now that they are opening their Big wings dealerships. Especially would love to see their CB650R
Jhinchak is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th December 2020, 11:58   #11
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshayhonda View Post
Alternatives Considered -
1. Kawasaki Z800 - As I said likeable machine but I cannot justify the steep pricing for spares and maintenance.
2. Suzuki VStrom 650 - Couldn't find any in my budget of a strict max of 6.5L in MH or KA so had to pass.
3. Tiger 800 XR or XRX - All the decently run options available were upwards of 8L INR and one in sort of reach and negotiable were run more than 50-60K KMS

My Riding Gear -
1. Helmets - HJC RPHA 11 Pro Bludom & Arai Quantum-J Crutchlow
2. Riding Jackets - Rynox Air GT3 Neon & Rynox Storm Evo grey with Chest Protectors
3. Riding Pant - Rynox Advento
4. Gloves - Rynox Evo full gauntlet, Rynox Tornado Pro 3 short cuff, Viaterra Grid full gauntlet, Viaterra Holeshot short cuff
5. Boots - Shima RSX6 Sport Touring full boots
Somewhere I mentioned the following for a pre-owned superbike:
- Z800 is one underdog
- Ninja 1K - You know better!
- Honda CBR650F is the pick for inline-fours to start with
- Suzuki Vstrom can be your one bike do it all kind of adventures, even two-up.
- Suzuki GSX-S750 was sold in less numbers so is a difficult find but easy to maintain and modify.
- Triumph Tiger 800 will be on of the best options for two-up adventures.

Glad you considered all the options (GSX-S750 is a rare bird)

Regarding riding gears, is the Rynox riding gear shop your friend's?
Please share comparisons of the following in the Riding Gear thread:
- Rynox Evo full gauntlet vs Viaterra Grid full gauntlet
- Rynox Tornado Pro 3 short cuff vs Viaterra Holeshot short cuff

Congratulations on owning your first Superbike! It must be a great feeling

/surjaonwheelz
surjaonwheelz is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 17th December 2020, 12:57   #12
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by irajput View Post
Congratulations on this beautiful machine! This and the Ninja 1000 but that is of course costlier to purchase and own.
Ride Well, Ride Safe.
Thank you. yes, N1000 too is a peach machine but like any other Kawasaki its steep to own and maintain.

Quote:
Originally Posted by targaryen View Post
Congratulations Akshay! One of the best ownership posts I have read on the forum. I have a noob question. Does the custom exhaust affect the extended warranty? I am asking because I plan to get a used bike myself which is currently under warranty. I couldn't help but notice that your bikes are now named Raven Riley. Was that intentional (If you know what I mean!)?
Thank you. Haha, yes I know its been Natasha (P180), Akira (D390) and now these two. AFAIK warranty hasn't been void. Not that I have had a check on it deliberately. I wish and pray no one needs to claim their big bikes warranty. But I assume in India its considered that people will fit their bikes with aftermarket pipes. I maybe wrong but that's my point of view.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jhinchak View Post
Congratulations...the bike looks superb.
Honda should definitely bring their other superbikes to India now that they are opening their Big wings dealerships. Especially would love to see their CB650R
Thank you. 650R should be out soon in BS6 trim. Hopefully the 500 twin lineup too considering the Big Wings dealerships are popping up fast across India.

Quote:
Originally Posted by surjaonwheelz View Post
Glad you considered all the options (GSX-S750 is a rare bird)

Regarding riding gears, is the Rynox riding gear shop your friend's?
Please share comparisons of the following in the Riding Gear thread:
- Rynox Evo full gauntlet vs Viaterra Grid full gauntlet
- Rynox Tornado Pro 3 short cuff vs Viaterra Holeshot short cuff

Congratulations on owning your first Superbike! It must be a great feeling

/surjaonwheelz
Thank you. Honestly I just had these options roughly. Never really pressed on researching on them as I knew right from the start that Hondas are the easiest to keep and cost effective as well. Also Honda shares lot of common parts so finding consumables like filters, cables etc are easily available in India.

About Rynox, I know the guys behind them personally. But their gear speaks for itself. They have greatly improved since they started. Their gear is actually on par with the 'international brands' we all desire to own. Also most of the peeps from our riding group in Goa prefer Rynox due to availability and VFM part.

About gloves. Both are very closely matched. I would suggest try and buy as per your comfort. In short cuff I prefer Rynox but that's fabric against leather of the Viaterra. Long ones both are great.

Last edited by akshayhonda : 17th December 2020 at 13:10.
akshayhonda is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 17th December 2020, 13:41   #13
BHPian

Congratulations on your purchase, indeed a beautiful machine and in the color I personally love the most (matte black).

I had a question, how did the previous owner at preload to the fronts when they are not adjustable?
ssjr0498 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 17th December 2020, 14:47   #14
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssjr0498 View Post
Congratulations on your purchase, indeed a beautiful machine and in the color I personally love the most (matte black).

I had a question, how did the previous owner at preload to the fronts when they are not adjustable?
Thank you. The preload spacers were added to existing suspension to firm up the suspension so that the excessive dive is reduced to prevent bottoming out.
akshayhonda is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th December 2020, 15:19   #15
BHPian

Congratulations Akshay. Hope to meet soon. That end can is loud. Be sure u remove it before entering Karnataka as cops here are impounding anything loud. Ride safe bro.
HYPERTOURER is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks