Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st January 2021, 21:32   #16
BHPian

re: My 2020 Triumph Street Triple R BS6 Review. EDIT: 2 years & 17000 km up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axe77 View Post
Hey Abhi. Congrats on the magnificent Street Triple. I owned the 2017 765 S..I was at the BU Bhandari Showroom for the Thursday meetup on 31st btw and showed Ganesh your wonderful review..
Hope to run into you whenever....
Cheers.
Thanks for the compliments Axe.
So you are the mystery person who showed my review to him.
Ganesh called me to come and I too was there at around 6:20 pm for the Thursday ritual and new year celebration. Definitely hope to catch up with you in upcoming meets/rides.
abhi_tjet is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st January 2021, 23:36   #17
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhi_tjet View Post
Ganesh called me to come and I too was there at around 6:20 pm for the Thursday ritual and new year celebration.
Oh is that so. I was there from 5-7 pm so we must have overlapped at the showroom. I had come in my car though since my bike is already in a truck en route to Jaipur for the Thar ride.

Catch you some other time I guess.
Axe77 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 4th January 2021, 10:10   #18
BHPian

Re: My 2020 BS6 Street Triple R.

Quote:

First ride to Khandala ghat. Me and my better half.
Attachment 2099341

Lower Mapro, Wai. Met Bhpian Ricci here. Mine(R) and his Street Triple RS can be seen parked together. 2nd and 3rd from left. Man besides the RS is Ricci himself It was lovely meeting you Ricci.
Attachment 2099357
Congrats on your purchase man, wishing you many happy miles !!
In any way possible were you at Khandala Ghat section on November 15th morning ?? I do remember seeing a Triple R parked near the street stall. In almost exactly same location . I vaguely remember similar helmets and rider taking pics of the beauty .
Old 4th January 2021, 13:33   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam View Post
Congrats on your purchase man,
In any way possible were you at Khandala Ghat section on November 15th morning ??
Thanks Adam. Yeah, it was definitely me.
abhi_tjet is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th January 2021, 14:54   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks Adam. Yeah, it was definitely me.
I saw you then , I was just near you in my Red Polo Anyway Happy revving
Adam is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th January 2021, 23:49   #21
BHPian

Hello, abhi_tjet! Let me congratulate you on the acquisition of the Street Triple R. It is a brilliant machine that should thrill the senses with it's performance as well as it's looks!

The balance that the Street Triple R brings to Triumph's roadster range is just perfect. I love that analog tachometer and the flashing RPM warning lights on the console. So much more engaging than the mundane smartphone-like LCD screen of the RS. LCD screens on motorcycles can actually be a little bit dangerous as they require the rider to deviate their attention from the road to the screen in order to process information. This is especially applicable to roadster motorcycles where the screen is not in direct line of sight of the rider and the road ahead. On the contrary, these blinking lights (on the Street Triple R's console) can be seen/felt with peripheral vision without the rider needing to take their eyes off the road.

With the quick-shifter/auto-blipper and fully adjustable Showa suspension, the Street Triple R offers brilliant equipment for street riding. The Street Triple RS is intended to be more of a track-focused weapon and therefore is appropriately adorned with better braking/suspension/tire (motor)cycle parts which perhaps remain slightly underutilized with normal street riding.

I also love the stock exhaust's aesthetics and it's sound. It's so much better than the erstwhile stock exhaust of the Street Triple range. Kudos to Triumph for this attention to detail. Some Japanese manufacturers are known to take inspiration from duffel bags when designing their stock exhausts.

Quote:

Some noteworthy points

- Wind blast is huge for speeds in excess of 100/110 kmph.
Please do consider investing in a decent windscreen. Windblast can prevent one from truly "enjoying" the performance envelope of the bike, and with a bike like the Street Triple R, throttling it up in the RPM is where the fun should be.

Quote:
- Horn is meek.
This horn is designed to be audible on UK/EU streets where ambient noise is largely less as compared to our roads. Therefore, the horn can actually be heard there, but it can go unnoticed on our noisy roads.

Please consider investing in a decent aftermarket horn like the Denali Sound-bomb Mini. Anything that makes a decent sound (not loud, but enough to be audible in the real world) and enables other people on the road to be aware that a fast missile is hurtling towards them with a dizzying rate of change of velocity.
In the crazy traffic of a city like Pune where people are largely unconcerned about right of way/giving way/lane discipline, increasing their situational awareness is an aspect of defensive riding that can contribute towards rider safety.

Of-course, you could alternatively invest in a decent aftermarket exhaust which would offer better acoustics than a louder horn, but as they say, one must choose the lesser evil.

Congratulations, once again! Ride safe.

Last edited by GoBlue : 5th January 2021 at 00:11.
GoBlue is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 5th January 2021, 13:45   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoBlue View Post
Hello, abhi_tjet! Let me congratulate
Thank You GoBlue! Superbike thread like yours immensely helped me to just go for 'it'. As you rightly said, 'R' looked like the best choice to me as per current options available for SBK in ~10L OTR segment.
Quote:
Some Japanese manufacturers ...
HahaHa
Quote:
Please do consider investing in a decent windscreen.
Yes, this should be my next investment on bike.
Quote:
Please consider investing in a decent aftermarket horn like the Denali Sound-bomb Mini.
Replied from the head.

Quote:
Of-course, you could alternatively invest in a decent aftermarket exhaust which would offer better acoustics than a louder horn, but as they say, one must choose the lesser evil.
Straight from the heart. I don't have the moolah for this now and even later I am not sure about its legality. I don't want to be the cash cow for traffic police. Still, I will consider this after clocking some real numbers on the odometer.

Last edited by abhi_tjet : 5th January 2021 at 13:48.
Old 5th January 2021, 19:41   #23
v12
Distinguished - BHPian

Congrats on the R Abhi! I have ridden the older Street Triple and the Street Triple RS and both of them live upto their "Street" name. I had a short ride in the city when I had a friends Street Triple RS - and was amazed by its weight and nimbleness. It felt as light and nimble as a KTM - but 3 times more powerful. The only problem I found is for my height and weight (6ft/100kg), I found it small and cramped. But nonetheless, its an amazing motorcycle to use even within the city.

Since it is your first motorcycle, I would suggest you focus on only the minimum requirements to make your ride more comfortable and safe - i.e the windshield, luggage options. gears etc. Arrows exhaust are a must if you want the sound - but believe me - there is no sound as pure as the stock sound.
v12 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th January 2021, 16:08   #24
BHPian

Congratulations Sir! I have two questions:

1. How comfortable is your wife is on the striple as a pillion? would a weekend ride of say 200 km be too much asking from a pillion?

2. How much do you have to lean in to grab hold of the handlebars? do you plan to install an aftermarket handlebar riser?

Enjoy!
Old 6th January 2021, 17:23   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drive_angry View Post

1. How comfortable is your wife is on the striple as a pillion? would a weekend ride of say 200 km be too much asking from a pillion?

2. How much do you have to lean in to grab hold of the handlebars? do you plan to install an aftermarket handlebar riser?

Enjoy!
A non stop 200km weekend ride would be an issue. On my RS- i have had a pillion once and they complained in 15 mins flat! It is a hard seat with not much room.

The lean is very very minor and there is really no need for a riser. I am 5'11 and you can see my normal riding position below:

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/attac...lakh-betty.jpg

Cheers,
Rohan
RohanDheman is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 7th January 2021, 12:25   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drive_angry View Post

Enjoy!
Thanks drive-angry! As rightly said by Rohan, pillion comfort is just ok and nothing to write home about. A leaner and fitter person will be more comfortable as pillion.
Still, i suppose pillion will need a break every 50 kms at max. 200 will be an overkill and can only be achieved by getting used to.

Regarding handlebar raiser, there is absolutely no need for it. The oem bars are nice and wide. You can lean more if riding spiritedly or maintain a comfortable posture just as on a pulsar.
Old 19th January 2021, 14:35   #27
OmV
BHPian

Hi Abhi
Heartiest congratulations on your new machine, I absolutely love the color scheme.
Asking for a friend who recently got the new Street Triple R - can you or any other members suggest options for a bashplate / belly pan.
Thanks in advance.
OmV is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th January 2021, 23:53   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by OmV View Post
Hi Abhi
Heartiest congratulations on your new machine,
can you or any other members suggest options for a bashplate / belly pan.
Thanks in advance.
Thanks Omkar. Best option will be to go with RS belly pan, available as an official accessory for R via Triumph. Hindrance is the cost -approx 20.5 K
Old 13th February 2021, 22:51   #29
BHPian

3 months completed!

It’s blissful riding this bike . 3 months completed today. To celebrate this small occasion, did an impromptu quick solo ride to Ozhar Ganpati on Pune Nashik highway.
Left home at around 7:30 AM.
Reached temple premises at 9:15 AM.
Left at around 9:45 AM and reached home by 11:30AM.

My 2020 Triumph Street Triple R BS6 Review | EDIT: 22,000 km up & sold-bd3ad25d69e340399b72ff539f18a245.jpeg

My 2020 Triumph Street Triple R BS6 Review | EDIT: 22,000 km up & sold-fdb317b3500b4b58a99569efc501fd6b.jpeg

Odo increased by around 165 kms and at the end of trip is 27XX kms.
Four lane work is still in progress. However, roads are in quite better state than what it was in monsoon. Ghat section is one way now and is good enough reason for a ride. Dual carriageway is quite ok with usual traffic throughout with some sections without any traffic. It was fun to let throttle loose in those sections.
abhi_tjet is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 23rd February 2021, 19:28   #30
BHPian

Congratulations on this beast.

Have ridden this bike for a short distance and am absolutely in love with its sharp sense of turning, you really do feel in full control of the bike.

Just wanted to ask you how you are coping up with the wind blasts at speeds above 100kmph? this is my only grouse as this is what tires you on a long journey, this is one of the reasons I'm considering a Ninja 1000 is because of its full fairing giving much better resistance to wind blasts.

Happy Riding!
xtremeshock is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks