Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st February 2022, 01:01   #151
BHPian

Re: Used Superbikes & Big Motorcycles on sale in India

Hi Team, Let's say you buy a pre-owned bike from a dealer, what documents do you need when you walk out of the shop? The RC will take some time to get transferred to you name, until that time, if the police stops you, what documents can be used to prove that you are the genuine owner of this bike?
Old 21st February 2022, 01:29   #152
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pb10gagan View Post
Hi Team, Let's say you buy a pre-owned bike from a dealer, what documents do you need when you walk out of the shop? The RC will take some time to get transferred to you name, until that time, if the police stops you, what documents can be used to prove that you are the genuine owner of this bike?
Speaking from experience in MH. Should be same or similar across India ideally.

1) You get a Delivery Note as part of the RTO transfer application or sale formality. Have it fully filled and signed by the seller - the dealer will most likely have it already signed.
2) Ask dealer to do the RTO transfer ASAP. Once he does it, you will get an acknowledgment as well as payment receipt. It is INR 550 for local same RTO transfer here in MH. You can carry that as the proof of the same. Also, these days as part of transfer process application submission, you do have to submit the OTP from your mobile number. So you will know when the dealer/RTO agent is doing his job.
sunilch is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 25th February 2022, 17:31   #153
BHPian

I'm really tempted by a 2014 CBR1000RR that popped up on a superbikes for sale page on facebook. Delhi registered, located in Coimbatore. My commenting on that add attracted the attention of someone selling another one, also delhi registered, located in Chennai.

But I find myself paralysed. Worries about mileage fraud and my lack of confidence that I can do due diligence re paperwork, number of owners, and catch out discrepancies re number of owners etc, as well as ability to judge a fair price has left me unable to do anything.

I wish there was someone trustworthy who could do all the due diligence on my behalf, whom i could pay generously for their time and effort.

Sigh.

Maybe I should just buy a new Hayabusa or Ninja 1000. But I really wanted a lightweight sport bike not a heavy sport tourer.
Old 25th February 2022, 20:33   #154
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pb10gagan View Post
Are you getting it from a dealer based out PB10?
I recently purchased a Z900 from one of the dealers in Ludhiana, and process was really smooth.
I walked in at 1:30Pm to inspect their stock of bikes, and rode out at 3:30Pm with one.

As for the paper work, you get transfer papers (Delivery Note etc), Insurance, Pollution Certificate and a copy of RC, till the bike is transferred in your name.

In my case, everything was handled by the dealer, and my experience right from inspecting the bike to transfer of insurance (Which is the final step in transfer of ownership), everything was flawless.

Last edited by akshay4587 : 25th February 2022 at 20:35.
akshay4587 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd March 2022, 01:31   #155
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harbir View Post

Maybe I should just buy a new Hayabusa or Ninja 1000. But I really wanted a lightweight sport bike not a heavy sport tourer.
Sir trust me you will be better off buying a new ninja 1000 instead of wasting your money on a dealer unless you know the bike on sale theough common friends. A very well reputed dealer in delhi has sold my ninja 1000 thrice in the past 1.5 years with the rc still in the 2nd owners name
Born 2 Be Wild is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd March 2022, 13:09   #156
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harbir View Post
I wish there was someone trustworthy who could do all the due diligence on my behalf, whom i could pay generously for their time and effort.

Sigh.
BHPian no_fear comes to mind.

You may reach out to him and see if he could help.
Old 20th March 2022, 09:40   #157
BHPian

Listed my 2015 Tiger XRX in classifieds. Please reach out, if anyone is looking for a neatly maintained bike.
prasanna_indaje is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 3rd April 2022, 05:09   #158
BHPian

Guys,

Need a help - what would be a fair price of a 2017 Tiger 800 XCX that has run 59K kms.

I am wondering what items should I watch-out for, that may need check/ repair/ replace, considering immediate/ future services (last serviced at 50K). The sprockets, chain and clutch assembly were changed at 35K.

Thanks.
Old 12th April 2022, 09:35   #159
BHPian

A friend is selling his well maintained 2017 Tiger XCX. Details here.

Last edited by prasanna_indaje : 12th April 2022 at 09:39.
Old 12th April 2022, 13:14   #160
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prasanna_indaje View Post
A friend is selling his well maintained 2017 Tiger XCX. Details here.
I had a chance to ride the 800XCX and its a well-kept motorcycle with a scores of practical accessories and the owner is a fine gentleman as well.

I would have picked-up the 800, if not for the last-minute family reservations.
Rocky_Balboa is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th April 2022, 10:27   #161
Senior - BHPian

Thought I'd update about a pre-owned Kawasaki Z900 i have recently acquired.
It is a April 2020 bike, one of the few bikes that were indeed BS6/EU5 but were registered as BS4.

The bike was originally owned by a Bollywood celebrity, in the almost 2 years that the bike was with him, it had done only 800 odd KMS. So I have practically got a brand new bike. The bike did not have any accessories or crash protection installed. However, it did come with a rather sweet sounding full system Scorpion exhaust.

Since then I have installed the crash protection (radiator guard, frame sliders, fork slider, swingarm spools, TFT scratch protection, tank grips and a slightly taller windscreen). Fortunately, the bike had undergone an oil change a few months ago so I have not changed it yet. The ODO now stands at 2.5K KMS.

Long story short, I am extremely happy with this purchase and it has been a long time dream come true. I particularly loved the understated matt black paint shade, it has been very easy to maintain. I still need to get tank pads and i can see micro scratched where the tank rubs against my jacket.

Here's some pics for your viewing pleasure:

First look:
Used Superbikes & Big Motorcycles on sale in India-first-look.jpg
Used Superbikes & Big Motorcycles on sale in India-20220129_154731.jpg

After seeking the almighty's blessings:
Used Superbikes & Big Motorcycles on sale in India-pooja.jpg

Ride to Daman:
Used Superbikes & Big Motorcycles on sale in India-daman-1.jpg

Used Superbikes & Big Motorcycles on sale in India-daman-2.jpg

Used Superbikes & Big Motorcycles on sale in India-daman-3.jpg

Post a detailed wash at xPert car care at Borivali:
Used Superbikes & Big Motorcycles on sale in India-20220204_165602.jpg
Used Superbikes & Big Motorcycles on sale in India-20220226_122415.jpg

Captured in action on the way back from Ahura:
Used Superbikes & Big Motorcycles on sale in India-ride-out.jpg

Cheers
Hiren

Last edited by hiren.mistry : 14th April 2022 at 10:38.
hiren.mistry is offline   (36) Thanks
Old 14th April 2022, 15:25   #162
v12
Distinguished - BHPian

Congratulations Hiren, this post was long due. And the Z was long overdue. I remember our discussion back in those Z800 days when you were looking to buy a superbike. And finally it's here. Congratulations, take care and ride safe 👏
v12 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 14th April 2022, 18:34   #163
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by v12 View Post
Congratulations Hiren, this post was long due. And the Z was long overdue. I remember our discussion back in those Z800 days when you were looking to buy a superbike. And finally it's here. Congratulations, take care and ride safe 👏
Thanks brother, it has indeed been such a long time coming. I still cannot believe I have got the Z
My biggest regret is, why the hell did I not do this earlier. But as they say, better late than never.

Cheers
hiren.mistry is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th April 2022, 21:04   #164
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiren.mistry View Post
It is a April 2020 bike, one of the few bikes that were indeed BS6/EU5 but were registered as BS4.
Congratulations Hiren! I first saw your post on a detailing thread and remember thinking to myself that I didnt know you had a Z900. Wish you many thousands of happy miles with this beauty. I hope you have the stock exhaust as well. These Scorpions are known to be a bit loud and attention grabbing. Have you faced any issues with the cops? Here things are so strict, that I am still running my Street Triple 675 on the stock exhaust.
neil.jericho is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th April 2022, 10:37   #165
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiren.mistry View Post

The bike was originally owned by a Bollywood celebrity, in the almost 2 years that the bike was with him, it had done only 800 odd KMS. So I have practically got a brand new bike.
That is a beautiful shade on the Z, congrats! But at this point, I have to ask- who was this mystery celebrity?
Sudarshan42 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks