Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th April 2022, 10:55   #166
Senior - BHPian

Re: Used Superbikes & Big Motorcycles on sale in India

Quote:
Originally Posted by neil.jericho View Post
Congratulations Hiren! I first saw your post on a detailing thread and remember thinking to myself that I didnt know you had a Z900. Wish you many thousands of happy miles with this beauty. I hope you have the stock exhaust as well. These Scorpions are known to be a bit loud and attention grabbing. Have you faced any issues with the cops? Here things are so strict, that I am still running my Street Triple 675 on the stock exhaust.
Thank you Neil, Yes, the Scorpions do have a decent enough volume but dare I say not as loud as SC Project or CRT exhausts that most people install. I do have the stock exhaust - sort off!! The bugger has misplaced the header and only have the end can. Moreover, the end can is not a straight fit on the Scorpion headers, so I had to fabricate something to fit the exhaust. I am pleasantly surprised that the bike still sounds decent. Here in Western Mumbai, the cops do not bother much with aftermarket exhausts. The same can't be said for cops in Thane and Navi Mumbai area. Infact, I was stopped once on my way back from work by a cop at Thane. Turns out he is fond of bikes, we ended up talking for 30 mins and he let me off with a warning asking me to get the stock exhaust back on. He did show me a pile of exhausts kept in the corner of the police station, all were the extremely loud and annoying Bullet exhausts.

Here's a pic of how the bike looks with the stock end can:
Used Superbikes & Big Motorcycles on sale in India-stock.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sudarshan42 View Post
That is a beautiful shade on the Z, congrats! But at this point, I have to ask- who was this mystery celebrity?
Thank you Sudarshan!!
I do not 'Kiss' n tell. My 'Lips' are sealed. Hope this leads you to the identity of the Bollywood celebrity.

Cheers
hiren.mistry is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 18th April 2022, 11:42   #167

Name:  B1A2ED65CC8443258843569E7AE82E7A.jpeg
Views: 1080
Size:  112.2 KB
Quote:
Originally Posted by hiren.mistry View Post
I do not 'Kiss' n tell. My 'Lips' are sealed. Hope this leads you to the identity of the Bollywood celebrity.

Cheers
A quick google search got me this. Same bike same exhaust. And the man himself riding it.
DrVardhan is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 18th April 2022, 17:27   #168
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrVardhan View Post
Attachment 2297704

A quick google search got me this. Same bike same exhaust. And the man himself riding it.
Well done Sherlock!!
Incase anyone is interested, this is how the bike sounds with the Scorpion full system exhaust.

Cheers
hiren.mistry is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th April 2022, 19:30   #169
BHPian

My colleague is on the lookout for a decent Bonneville T-100/ 120. We havent located any yet, any leads here would help.
Old 3rd May 2022, 14:13   #170
Senior - BHPian

Any Suzuki gsx s750 please let me know.
Old 6th May 2022, 18:16   #171
BHPian

Finally my friend and colleague has finalised the HD Street Rod 750 2018 built and registered, 7200 km run, looks almost immaculate condition.
Few pictures attached below.
Attached Thumbnails
Used Superbikes & Big Motorcycles on sale in India-whatsapp-image-20220505-4.27.25-pm.jpeg  

Used Superbikes & Big Motorcycles on sale in India-whatsapp-image-20220502-11.14.59-am.jpeg  

Used Superbikes & Big Motorcycles on sale in India-whatsapp-image-20220502-11.15.18-am.jpeg  

arpanjha is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th May 2022, 19:17   #172
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arpanjha View Post
Finally my friend and colleague has finalised the HD Street Rod 750 2018 built and registered, 7200 km run, looks almost immaculate condition.
Few pictures attached below.
Nice. Looks good indeed! I’m sure your friend may have already done other verifications (documentation check, test rides, verification of service records, more importantly independent inspection at SVC etc.) Please just don’t go by the visually immaculate condition though. It is pretty normal these days for used vehicle dealers to easily detail the bikes/cars to a condition almost as good as showroom condition or even better than that with minimal effort while ignoring any real mechanical/electronic issues. I hardly see a used non-immaculate looking superbike on market nowadays (especially if listed by dealers). Just my two cents to avoid any pain later
camitesh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th May 2022, 19:19   #173
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by camitesh View Post
Nice. Looks good indeed! I’m sure your friend may have already done other verifications (documentation check, test rides, verification of service records, more importantly independent inspection at SVC etc.) Please just don’t go by the visually immaculate condition though. It is pretty normal these days for used vehicle dealers to easily detail the bikes/cars to a condition almost as good as showroom condition or even better than that with minimal effort while ignoring any real mechanical/electronic issues. I hardly see a used non-immaculate looking superbike on market nowadays (especially if listed by dealers). Just my two cents to avoid any pain later
We are going through the document verification and service records verification stage, unfortunately the dealer does not allow test ride without 50% payment, hoping to do the same next week.
arpanjha is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th May 2022, 14:06   #174
BHPian

To always change the oil post purchase of a used motorcycle is my forever mantra. One of the used motorcycles that I bought had done only 1000 kms but the oil looked like chocolate milkshake (condensation). Oil is an inexpensive part of the service and can be done at home and we don't know for how long the motorcycle was idle after the last oil change. It degrades with time too.

More than that, these high performance motorcycles need to run good quality and fresh oil for the tight tolerances and high performance tune (always Motul 7100 in my case). Get her some new oil! Cheers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrVardhan View Post
Attachment 2297704

Poor choice of riding gear (or the lack of it) for such a powerful motorcycle. Perhaps he was too afraid of crashing and decided to sell it.

Last edited by manson : 20th May 2022 at 15:21.
Old 26th May 2022, 13:51   #175
BHPian

I have this query, might seem noob, but T-Bhpians please help me with this. Since the choice among used SBKs are much better in South India & North India (specially some decent & reputed sellers), can I buy for example an SBK from Delhi or Punjab and get it re-registered to a WB number? Costs involved in transferring state is impractical?
I understand an NOC can be availed which is usually is valid for 6 months, but do we get new plates with new number? What is the process? I am not keen to discuss this with dealers, since I am sure they will cook up their own story which I doubt.
I ask this more so, since there are a lot many really good bikes with individual users (TBHP classifieds), which I may start discussing or thinking about once I am clear about ownership transfer formalities.
Old 26th May 2022, 15:00   #176
BHPian

Quote:
can I buy for example an SBK from Delhi or Punjab and get it re-registered to a WB number?
Yes. No idea about costs, you have to pay tax on the depreciated value of the bike.
Quote:
I understand an NOC can be availed which is usually is valid for 6 months, but do we get new plates with new number? What is the process?
Yes. Get NOC from issuing state, submit it in your home RTO, pay tax and apply for a new number (you can continue on the old number as well, but not advised)
boniver is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st June 2022, 22:17   #177
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I have this query, might seem noob, but T-Bhpians please help me with this. Since the choice among used SBKs are much better in South India & North India (specially some decent & reputed sellers), can I buy for example an SBK from Delhi or Punjab and get it re-registered to a WB number? Costs involved in transferring state is impractical?
I understand an NOC can be availed which is usually is valid for 6 months, but do we get new plates with new number? What is the process? I am not keen to discuss this with dealers, since I am sure they will cook up their own story which I doubt.
I ask this more so, since there are a lot many really good bikes with individual users (TBHP classifieds), which I may start discussing or thinking about once I am clear about ownership transfer formalities.
Can you buy a superbike from say Delhi / Punjab and get it re-registered in your state - Yes.

Should you buy a superbike from say Delhi / Punjab and get it re-registered in your state - If you are buying your first big bike, then NO. Just no.

The truth is there are a lot of superbikes that are on sale in different parts of the country. The markets that mentioned are known to have superbikes that exchange hands without any legal paperwork being updated. When were many of these bikes serviced? Who is to tell? How well were they taken care of? Who knows?

Unless you have a seasoned hand who is helping you sift through the different bikes and test rides them on your behalf, please dont burn your hard earned money and your heart, on a neatly polished out of state bike that can be a ticking time bomb.
neil.jericho is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 3rd June 2022, 17:02   #178
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neil.jericho View Post
Unless you have a seasoned hand who is helping you sift through the different bikes and test rides them on your behalf, please dont burn your hard earned money and your heart, on a neatly polished out of state bike that can be a ticking time bomb.
Thank you Neil for laying it out straight. I will keep my search within my well trusted network in my city.
Old 19th June 2022, 19:49   #179
BHPian

How do we feel about media superbikes coming back for sale through company owned showrooms? Worth pursuing? I understand they would mostly be ridden by experienced journos, and a few usual suspects. But is that better than test ride bikes? Also, sometimes they stay with the media houses for long term and we do not know how they would have been handled (are there any contracts before they are sent off for wear/tear/repair?)

They come with some warranty and service history but are there also some things that don’t meet the eye?

Lastly, is there a way to guesstimate the average expected mileage for such vehicles in 1.5-2 years period while they would be out?

Last edited by quickfox11 : 19th June 2022 at 19:51. Reason: added a point
Old 19th June 2022, 20:29   #180
BHPian

@quickfox11

Never pick a media bike for sale. They are very often trashed, abused, dropped and have had 0 maintenance work done on them. Unless it's a high end model that both the manufacturer and dealer supervises, chances are it has issues.

Stay away
no_fear is offline   (8) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks