Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports

Search this Thread
Old 15th April 2021, 10:11   #91
BHPian

re: Used Superbikes & Big Motorcycles on sale in India

Hello Riders,

This SuperRR-R bike was discussed in our group. For the mentioned 20km ridden it has depreciated a lot! While we discuss the high Honda pricing this makes an excellent case for a pre-owned purchase.

Happy riding,
surjaonwheelz
surjaonwheelz is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th April 2021, 21:25   #92
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post

The bike has been sold to a TeamBHPian and at the expected price. Would be pulling the ad out.
When I come across these posts, there is a deep sense of satisfaction. Especially when you can bypass those dealers and lowballers who try and get a piece of your pie without paying the dollar for it.

Congratulations Jaggu.
moralfibre is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 19th April 2021, 21:30   #93
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by moralfibre View Post
there is a deep sense of satisfaction.
Absolutely, and very honestly and deep from my heart, giving your possession to a fellow member gives you a satisfaction like none other.

BTW, what’s this CH bike doing in KL
Attached Thumbnails
Used Superbikes & Big Motorcycles on sale in India-bbaf41cc33374984995cfa65de095e43.jpeg  

Last edited by Turbanator : 19th April 2021 at 21:32.
Turbanator is online now   (14) Thanks
Old 21st April 2021, 14:51   #94
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by moralfibre View Post
Congratulations Jaggu.
Lol KC I had not bought the GSA then, that was for my bike sale oh wait you know that also is a BHPian!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post
Absolutely, and very honestly and deep from my heart, giving your possession to a fellow member gives you a satisfaction like none other.

BTW, what’s this CH bike doing in KL
Thank you so much for all the patient listening and was a pleasure interacting with you on this! This sure is a story to tell filled with TeamBHP ians at all stages, and I will put a thread up once back home.

ps: The bike is in KA and not KL, that Pajero is a KL reg car but the picture was taken in KA
Jaggu is online now   (8) Thanks
Old 21st April 2021, 15:59   #95
Senior - BHPian

Saw this on a facebook group. Be aware.
Attached Thumbnails
Used Superbikes & Big Motorcycles on sale in India-img3014.jpg  

Used Superbikes & Big Motorcycles on sale in India-img3015.jpg  

Used Superbikes & Big Motorcycles on sale in India-img3016.jpg  

danlalan is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 21st April 2021, 16:08   #96
v12
Distinguished - BHPian

There were a couple of videos last year exposing a very flamboyant Delhi Superbike dealer in Karol Bagh. Their modes operandi was to sell the bike to thebuyer (without transfer) and buying it back at a lakh less after 6 months. All of these bikes would have changed multiple hands but are still listed as first owner. Is this legal?
v12 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st April 2021, 16:55   #97
Distinguished - BHPian

If they really want to do this, they should register the bike on there name. It still keeps the grey area intact, but at least the previous owner can stay safe and be relaxed. I usually sell my bikes to very trusted people, with all this happening now, I am going to make sure I am not handing the bike to the new owner till transfer happens. If I lose a sale, so be it.
AtheK is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st April 2021, 18:43   #98
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by v12 View Post
There were a couple of videos last year exposing a very flamboyant Delhi Superbike dealer in Karol Bagh. Their modes operandi was to sell the bike to thebuyer (without transfer) and buying it back at a lakh less after 6 months. All of these bikes would have changed multiple hands but are still listed as first owner. Is this legal?
Yes, those looked like result of some kind of fallout between the dealer and one of the vlogger who used to cover that dealer very frequently.

The dealer started his own channel after that episode.

I intend to get myself a preowned Hayabusa as my first Superbike in future, now after seeing that what all transpire in the market, I am sure that finding a clean example would he an uphill task.
BANDHAV is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st April 2021, 19:22   #99
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BANDHAV View Post

I intend to get myself a preowned Hayabusa as my first Superbike in future, now after seeing that what all transpire in the market, I am sure that finding a clean example would he an uphill task.
Not really!
Suzuki sold so many of these that finding nice clean examples is also not that hard.
Forget the dealers. Get in touch with the biking groups in your city or even other cities.
They will give you enough leads. Superbike classified is another source.
Infact this is the right time to get a used Gen2 GSX1300R with the Gen 3 now out.
Since Suzuki mostly attracted the wrong lot due to that crappy movie, the flash boys sold theirs to the dealers after they got bored. The ones who held on to theirs have kept them clean. It is still more bike than 99% of the riding population will ever justify.

You will love the Gen2. Not a single bike out there I would swap it for.

Last edited by bigron : 21st April 2021 at 19:25.
bigron is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 23rd April 2021, 08:44   #100
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigron View Post
Not really!
Suzuki sold so many of these that finding nice clean examples is also not that hard.
Forget the dealers. Get in touch with the biking groups in your city or even other cities.
+1

A lot of Gen 2 are now on sale. The re-sale price seems to be floating from 10 - 15 lacs. Every week I see new listings on the various FB classifieds and moto groups.
no_fear is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th June 2021, 20:16   #101
Distinguished - BHPian

Guys,
A Triumph Tiger 800 XRX with full pannier set and extended warranty is up for sale. Bike belongs to a bhpian (@tarunactivity).

Ad link
Old 7th July 2021, 20:38   #102
Team-BHP Support

Saw an MH registered 2019 Street Triple RS posted on our Mumbai RATS group today (3500 kms run). Just forwarding the link as I saw it. I don’t personally know the bike so please consider own diligence if anyone considers. Seller seems genuine though.

https://www.olx.in/item/triumph-stre...iid-1642812810
Axe77 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 8th July 2021, 00:29   #103
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axe77 View Post
Saw an MH registered 2019 Street Triple RS posted on our Mumbai RATS group today (3500 kms run). Just forwarding the link as I saw it. I don’t personally know the bike so please consider own diligence if anyone considers. Seller seems genuine though.

https://www.olx.in/item/triumph-stre...iid-1642812810
He is from one of my riding groups. He has a ktm duke 790, a Duke 390 2014 edition and this 2019 RS. He is rationalizing his bikes since he prefers the Duke 790 the most. So the triumph and the Duke 390 are up for sale and he is keeping the Duke 790.

I was surprised someone would pick a duke 790 over a Street Triple 765 but he finds the Duke far more practical as its a bigger bike and suits his height, has far better ground clearance and flys under the radar.
bf1983 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 12th September 2021, 11:22   #104
Senior - BHPian

Re: The "Used Bike Price Thread"

What’s a good price for ~4000kms run 2019 Ninja 650? Has factory warranty till Dec2021. It’s with a dealer in Bangalore and they quote ~5.6L

Btw what was the OTR back in 2019?

Last edited by SoumenD : 12th September 2021 at 11:23.
Old 12th September 2021, 15:20   #105
BHPian

Re: The "Used Bike Price Thread"

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoumenD View Post
What’s a good price for ~4000kms run 2019 Ninja 650? Has factory warranty till Dec2021. It’s with a dealer in Bangalore and they quote ~5.6L

Btw what was the OTR back in 2019?
2019 ex-showroom seems to be 5.5L, so on-road I guess would be around 6.75. 5.6 seems quite high to me, but dealers will do that. Depending on the condition of the bike and any accessories etc., something between 4.7 and 5 seems reasonable.
RiderZone is offline   (6) Thanks

Most Viewed