Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 3rd May 2021, 21:49   #16
BHPian
 
SnS_12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Bombay
Posts: 872
Thanked: 4,158 Times
Default Re: 2021 Suzuki Hayabusa launched at Rs. 16.40 lakh

Sounds beautifully especially with that quick shifter in action

SnS_12 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th May 2021, 21:46   #17
BHPian
 
SnS_12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Bombay
Posts: 872
Thanked: 4,158 Times
Default Re: 2021 Suzuki Hayabusa launched at Rs. 16.40 lakh

Since the drag strip is where every generation Busa is tested, Suzuki Australia decided to do a race between the Gen 2 and Gen 3. Since its from Suzuki could just be marketing strategy to prove the Gen 3 is better


Last edited by SnS_12 : 6th May 2021 at 21:48.
SnS_12 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th May 2021, 06:44   #18
BHPian
 
no_fear's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Delhi
Posts: 430
Thanked: 2,610 Times
Default Re: 2021 Suzuki Hayabusa launched at Rs. 16.40 lakh

Quote:
Originally Posted by straight6 View Post
All 101 busas in the first lot sold out in India. The busa is inevitable .
I feel it is unfair for Suzuki to limit the orders. Now with state lockdowns and shipping issues, god knows when the next batch is ready to get delivered.

A few of my friends wanted to put down deposit for the Gen 3. Now they are thinking, if its worth it to wait for a few months, or buy something else.
no_fear is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th May 2021, 11:22   #19
Distinguished - BHPian
 
neil.jericho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Cochin
Posts: 2,858
Thanked: 10,350 Times
Default Re: 2021 Suzuki Hayabusa launched at Rs. 16.40 lakh

Quote:
Originally Posted by no_fear View Post
I feel it is unfair for Suzuki to limit the orders. Now with state lockdowns and shipping issues, god knows when the next batch is ready to get delivered.

A few of my friends wanted to put down deposit for the Gen 3. Now they are thinking, if its worth it to wait for a few months, or buy something else.
no_fear, from what I have observed, quite a few companies do a trial run or a proof of concept by bringing in a 100 units of CBU products, to gauge the market reaction in India. Not all bikes click in our market.

KTM imported 100 units of their BS4 compliant Duke 790s and then had a tough time getting all sold in time. They had to resort to massive discounts to get the last few units into customer hands. Link to the news.

If Suzuki brought in 100 units of their S1000, it would definitely take a lot more time to sell out than the Busa. Then, when you throw in Covid and how it has thrown the automobile market for a toss, it makes even more sense for a company like Suzuki to bring in limited units and test the waters.

I feel the new Busa is a bike worth waiting for. I will be interested to learn what motorcycles your friends will opt for, if they choose to buy something else now.
neil.jericho is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 7th May 2021, 12:10   #20
BHPian
 
no_fear's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Delhi
Posts: 430
Thanked: 2,610 Times
Default Re: 2021 Suzuki Hayabusa launched at Rs. 16.40 lakh

Quote:
Originally Posted by neil.jericho View Post
quite a few companies do a trial run or a proof of concept by bringing in a 100 units of CBU products, to gauge the market reaction in India. Not all bikes click in our market.

I feel the new Busa is a bike worth waiting for. I will be interested to learn what motorcycles your friends will opt for, if they choose to buy something else now.
Neil - thank you for the link and the good feedback. I was under a different assumption. The trial run or proof of concept definitely applies if the bike is niche, but for the Busa, given its immense popularity and high past sales volumes, I am sure Suzuki would want to capture the market share and allocate more for India. There are more than 100 Busas in Delhi - NCR already. Assigning 100 Busas just for the whole of India is a severe under-representation of the sales volume data that Suzuki has.

As for my friends, its really hard to tell. Most of them are impulsive and not calculated in their thought process. They are cash rich and just want to get the latest toy to show off. That means walking into a showroom, revving a bike, and then haggling with the dealer for free first service.

Last edited by no_fear : 7th May 2021 at 12:11.
no_fear is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th May 2021, 12:58   #21
BHPian
 
SnS_12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Bombay
Posts: 872
Thanked: 4,158 Times
Default Re: 2021 Suzuki Hayabusa launched at Rs. 16.40 lakh

Quote:
Originally Posted by neil.jericho View Post
If Suzuki brought in 100 units of their S1000, it would definitely take a lot more time to sell out than the Busa. Then, when you throw in Covid and how it has thrown the automobile market for a toss, it makes even more sense for a company like Suzuki to bring in limited units and test the waters.

I feel the new Busa is a bike worth waiting for. I will be interested to learn what motorcycles your friends will opt for, if they choose to buy something else now.
Considering Covid/lockdown, 100 units was still a decent number for a big bike like a Busa. Suzuki, were not lazy and were quick in the decision of announcing the price and launching it in India after the global reveal.

And considering how the first 100 units were lapped up in few hours it will just boost confidence further to capitalize on the cult following the Busa enjoys in India and there will be always be more demand than supply of the Gen 3.

I know the new 10R and Busa cannot be compared but at 14.99 compared to 16.40 it would be interesting to see how many 10R's have been sold since its launch?
SnS_12 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 7th May 2021, 13:28   #22
Distinguished - BHPian
 
neil.jericho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Cochin
Posts: 2,858
Thanked: 10,350 Times
Default Re: 2021 Suzuki Hayabusa launched at Rs. 16.40 lakh

Quote:
Originally Posted by no_fear View Post
Neil - thank you for the link and the good feedback. I was under a different assumption. The trial run or proof of concept definitely applies if the bike is niche, but for the Busa, given its immense popularity and high past sales volumes, I am sure Suzuki would want to capture the market share and allocate more for India. There are more than 100 Busas in Delhi - NCR already. Assigning 100 Busas just for the whole of India is a severe under-representation of the sales volume data that Suzuki has.
You are right, the popularity of the Hayabusa is something else in India. I dont think any other big bike has as much brand recognition in our country.

One more reason that might have also led Suzuki to take a cautious approach was the lukewarm feedback on the Generation 3 model from the international media. Indian customers have voted with their wallets. Kawasaki and the others must be wondering what they can do to sell out their motorcycles this quickly!

Quote:
Originally Posted by no_fear View Post
As for my friends, its really hard to tell. Most of them are impulsive and not calculated in their thought process. They are cash rich and just want to get the latest toy to show off. That means walking into a showroom, revving a bike, and then haggling with the dealer for free first service.
Interesting. With the ZX14R no longer on sale, there isnt a direct competitor in the market. But what you explained is an accurate behavioural representation of a big chunk of actual buyers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnS_12 View Post
Considering Covid/lockdown, 100 units was still a decent number for a big bike like a Busa. Suzuki, were not lazy and were quick in the decision of announcing the price and launching it in India after the global reveal.

And considering how the first 100 units were lapped up in few hours it will just boost confidence further to capitalize on the cult following the Busa enjoys in India and there will be always be more demand than supply of the Gen 3.
I dont recall the last time that a big bike sold out its limited units in such a short period of time. Maybe its a first in the Indian big bike scene? Suzuki isnt always the most aggressive manufacturer in India but they did move very quickly to get the Busa to India and Im sure they must be trying to get the next batch in quickly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnS_12 View Post
I know the new 10R and Busa cannot be compared but at 14.99 compared to 16.40 it would be interesting to see how many 10R's have been sold since its launch?
We will have to wait for April's dispatches thread to come up from a4anurag. If I had to guess, I would say that Kawasaki sent around 30 units.
neil.jericho is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 7th May 2021, 14:18   #23
BHPian
 
no_fear's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Delhi
Posts: 430
Thanked: 2,610 Times
Default Re: 2021 Suzuki Hayabusa launched at Rs. 16.40 lakh

Quote:
Originally Posted by neil.jericho View Post
Kawasaki and the others must be wondering what they can do to sell out their motorcycles this quickly!

If I had to guess, I would say that Kawasaki sent around 30 units.
Kawasaki has no wow factor. The one bike that can match the Busa in terms of the hype is the H2R, but its grossly overpriced.

I love the older generation Kwackers with their lime green colors and quirky decals. They promoted themselves as an antithesis, a rebel against conformity. Now, its too muted and "civilized". But that's just me......

Last edited by no_fear : 7th May 2021 at 14:20.
no_fear is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd May 2021, 09:47   #24
BHPian
 
SnS_12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Bombay
Posts: 872
Thanked: 4,158 Times
Default Re: 2021 Suzuki Hayabusa launched at Rs. 16.40 lakh

Quote:
Originally Posted by neil.jericho View Post
We will have to wait for April's dispatches thread to come up from a4anurag. If I had to guess, I would say that Kawasaki sent around 30 units.
They sold 52 units in April, which is actually not a bad number. But guess the Busa numbers will always be higher even though there are 0 dispatches in April as the company hopes to start delivering from end of May. The drag strips are going to be packed with more Busa’s and will be continued to be ruled by them as well as the litre bikes may produce much more power and weigh even less, but higher weight and a torque like a locomotive engine along with brilliant aerodynamics keep it rock steady at those insane triple digit speeds starting with a 2 and make it a Intercontinental Ballistic Missile on two wheels
SnS_12 is offline  
Old 27th May 2021, 17:20   #25
BHPian
 
SnS_12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Bombay
Posts: 872
Thanked: 4,158 Times
Default Re: 2021 Suzuki Hayabusa launched at Rs. 16.40 lakh

Seems the first customer to receive his Gen 3 in India is from Jaipur. Has the infamous saree guard and front number plate holder as well.


SnS_12 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st May 2021, 14:45   #26
Senior - BHPian
 
Venkatesh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2020
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 4,230
Thanked: 16,601 Times
Default Re: 2021 Suzuki Hayabusa launched at Rs. 16.40 lakh

Suzuki Hayabusa second batch bookings to start again by July or August.

Quote:
Suzuki India will announce bookings for the second batch of the Hayabusa as soon as the bikes are ready for assembly in India
2021 Suzuki Hayabusa launched at Rs. 16.40 lakh-20210531_144049.jpg

Source
Venkatesh is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 10th June 2021, 15:28   #27
BHPian
 
mugen_pinaki27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2020
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 51
Thanked: 60 Times
Default Re: 2021 Suzuki Hayabusa launched at Rs. 16.40 lakh

The new design looks drool worthy from all angles. The fact that Suzuki has bought MotoGP technology at such a price is an eye opener for other automotive brands across India. Saw quite a few reviews of the Busa on YouTube and that I4 sound is orgasmic. Suzuki knows Indian markets well and its calculated play of getting 100 units is a good move. Hope Covid de-escalates and we can see more of these beauties being bought by BHPians
mugen_pinaki27 is offline  
Old 10th June 2021, 18:37   #28
BHPian
 
no_fear's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Delhi
Posts: 430
Thanked: 2,610 Times
Default Re: 2021 Suzuki Hayabusa launched at Rs. 16.40 lakh

4 Busas got sold today at the Delhi dealer. My Instagram feed only has Busa delivery pictures with titles like

1st Busa in North India
1st Busa in Delhi
1st Busa in Gurgaon....and so on

I wish state entrance exams declared their board toppers like this. Would make parent conversations very interesting.
no_fear is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 10th June 2021, 21:38   #29
BHPian
 
SnS_12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Bombay
Posts: 872
Thanked: 4,158 Times
Default Re: 2021 Suzuki Hayabusa launched at Rs. 16.40 lakh

Quote:
Originally Posted by no_fear View Post
4 Busas got sold today at the Delhi dealer. My Instagram feed only has Busa delivery pictures with titles like

1st Busa in North India
1st Busa in Delhi
1st Busa in Gurgaon....and so on

I wish state entrance exams declared their board toppers like this. Would make parent conversations very interesting.
There was a mad rush at Super Suzuki and mostly vloggers flocking to post online they have the first one

Its no surprise that a Busa video will get you crazy viewership on YT in India and this only helps Suzuki case to sell more Busa's in India as clearly currently there is more demand than supply.

Quote:
Originally Posted by no_fear View Post
I wish state entrance exams declared their board toppers like this. Would make parent conversations very interesting
I still remember thinking how is it possible looking at all the coaching classes advertisements posted on buses, trains, billboards after every board exams where each one would claim that the toppers of that year were from their institute??

I was so bad at academics that I never even topped on my bench (among the two other boys I would sit with) in school
SnS_12 is offline  
Old 11th June 2021, 12:43   #30
BHPian
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Noida/New Delhi
Posts: 638
Thanked: 1,560 Times
Default Re: 2021 Suzuki Hayabusa launched at Rs. 16.40 lakh

Quote:
Originally Posted by no_fear View Post
4 Busas got sold today at the Delhi dealer. My Instagram feed only has Busa delivery pictures with titles like
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnS_12 View Post
There was a mad rush at Super Suzuki and mostly vloggers flocking to post online they have the first one
This is exactly what I had said a few weeks back when the price was announced. Popcorn and entertainment. I hate that most people have bought this absolutely beautiful machine only for views and likes and not for the pure unadulterated love of riding a bike. Then they will all go ahead and put loud exhausts and ride like maniacs all over Delhi, Gurgaon and Noida and make lives absolutely hell for the few of us looking for a peaceful ride.

Could not resist sharing these two posts that a friend shared yesterday

2021 Suzuki Hayabusa launched at Rs. 16.40 lakh-03f3498b022f4449baf5627af49690c5.jpg

2021 Suzuki Hayabusa launched at Rs. 16.40 lakh-787c3a8ed48449aea95fd4132fedce93.jpg

Ride Safe!
Rohan
RohanDheman is offline   (7) Thanks
Reply

Most Viewed
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks