Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports

Search this Thread
Old 1st July 2021, 10:11   #46
BHPian

Re: 2021 Suzuki Hayabusa launched at Rs. 16.40 lakh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axe77 View Post
Those YouTube influencer videos were truly cringeworthy. ....
+1 and very well said. Before I saw SnS Busa thread, my natural assumption has been all Busa riders are posers. Sns changed my mind, but he is an exception.

Sadly for most of the superbike crashes in NCR, 90% of the time, there is a Busa involved. Ergo, for me Busa = poser = crash. I can never stop thinking about it whenever I see the bike in person.
no_fear is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 1st July 2021, 17:48   #47
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by no_fear View Post
+1 and very well said. Before I saw SnS Busa thread, my natural assumption has been all Busa riders are posers. Sns changed my mind, but he is an exception.
Honored to read that

A motorcycle does exactly what the rider makes it do. I generally single out the bad ones (posers/) on seeing how they enter a corner and how they exit it. These are the one you should maintain a good distance both while riding in front or behind them.

But I guess the general perception will always be the same when people see me riding my RX or the Busa that there is a boy racer under that lid as the masses look at both these bikes as speed demons.
SnS_12 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 1st July 2021, 18:35   #48
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnS_12 View Post
Honored to read that

A motorcycle does exactly what the rider makes it do.
@Sns - For me how a person takes care of the bike and how he rides, speaks volumes about the character and the road sense of the rider. I am subscribed to your thread and what I really appreciate is how you enjoy the bike and the pains you took to restore the Yamahas. You discuss in detail about the Busa upgrades, how it feels to ride, what are the daily living challenges. This makes bike ownership and the thread very interesting and fun.

The problem for us riders in the north is, without going into regional stereotypes, people buy big bikes to show off, race at insane speeds and just be total idiots about it. When I meet fellow bikers, I want to talk about where the good roads are, how they take care of their bikes, what upgrades and technical bits do they think work for their bikes.

That is sadly lacking a lot. Except for this forum and some riders I know, the majority are degenerates who love nothing more than to trash their bikes totally. And the bike that gets trashed the most is unfortunately the Busa. Kawasaki comes a close 2nd.

Last edited by no_fear : 1st July 2021 at 18:38.
no_fear is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 2nd July 2021, 17:36   #49
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by no_fear View Post
Just yesterday I was driving home late at night and I saw not one but two Busas on the road. Both bikes had people riding without any helmets and wearing slippers. And both were racing each other on the highway. At that moment I remembered this thread!

How such people afford to buy and maintain a bike like the Busa is a mystery to me.
bf1983 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th July 2021, 13:08   #50
Distinguished - BHPian

2021 Suzuki Hayabusa 2nd Lot Sold Out In An Hour.

2021 Suzuki Hayabusa launched at Rs. 16.40 lakh-1.jpg

Link
volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th July 2021, 09:41   #51
Senior - BHPian

2021 Suzuki Hayabusa review by PowerDrift
Venkatesh is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 5th July 2021, 12:10   #52
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bf1983 View Post

How such people afford to buy and maintain a bike like the Busa is a mystery to me.
Their daddy's cash buys them these machines.

They do not maintain it. They screw the bike up completely over the course of few months to a year that they own it and then put it up for sale.
bigron is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 5th July 2021, 18:52   #53
Senior - BHPian

Autocar India review of 2021 Suzuki Hayabusa
Venkatesh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th July 2021, 19:24   #54
BHPian

Looks like one already came up for sale. Hate these damn scalpers spoiling things for genuine buyers.

https://gaadiwaadi.com/2021-suzuki-h...rket-in-india/
Old 5th July 2021, 21:33   #55
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venkatesh View Post
2021 Suzuki Hayabusa review by PowerDrift
Bloody hell. I've never been enamored by the Busa but just seeing this review gave me goosebumps - almost makes me want to own one - definitely want to ride one if I get a chance.

Such is the power of Shumi's reviews. What an INCREDIBLE video review.
Axe77 is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 6th July 2021, 08:58   #56
Senior - BHPian

Shumi’s sums it up well in the end and also kind of takes a dig at what Powerdrift had to say on the Gen 2 review in a subtle way

In his owns words Simplicity is the ultimate Sophistication and that is what the Busa is all about. If you can somehow not hate it for how it looks then there is a lot going for the Busa compared to the other litre class offerings for the average bikers who like me would 100% just ride them on the street.

a) Comfortable both seating and suspension wise as it just glides over our butter smooth tarmac
b) Rideability and brutal power delivery when one wants to feel it and will be rock steady even at triple digit speeds starting with a 3.
c) You won’t feel the bike is slow roasting you under slow speeds as it has excellent heat management and heat transfer.
d) Best of all its a lot cheaper to own compared to its competition straight from the showroom and also through the ownership with lower service and part costs and 20+ kmpl fuel efficiency on a 1340 cc inline four engine.
SnS_12 is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 6th July 2021, 12:31   #57
Mik
BHPian

That review hits it out of the park. A refreshing no-nonsense review after a long time from PowerDrift. They have been trying to be funny unnecessarily in recent post-Sagar years and mostly it feels like a miss. (Ref: the ladakh touring video with tremendous visuals and terrible acting)

Having lived for a decent time in NCR, I always associated Busa with ultimate posers with tons of daddy money. I was fine though as the circles were different. (My rides used to start beyond Murthal )

In Sep 2013, I was getting the first batch of the KTM390s and the Gurgaon KTM had invited a BOSS group. What a cringe-fest it was -- they revving bikes unnecessarily to garner attention and some where there even without riding gears.

Since I bought GSX750 in 2019, I go to the Aerolex Suzuki service center once in a while and spend a good amount of time lusting at the Busa and have fallen in love with it. Even asked Hafeez (lead mech and drag champion with the Venom paint scheme Busa) about second hands. Might just buy one someday.

The Busa in question/Answer
Attached Thumbnails
2021 Suzuki Hayabusa launched at Rs. 16.40 lakh-img_20190928_122505.jpg  

Mik is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 6th July 2021, 13:49   #58
Senior - BHPian

Superb review by Shumi once again. As he says, I would really love to complete my bike education by riding the Busa at least once to experience all the superlatives he talks about. This one really seems to defy the laws of physics for a 266 kg motorcycle. Sadly in our country the chances of that happening are next to impossible as showrooms here will never have this for a test ride

Whosoever buys this, has got to get rid of that horrendous front number plate and that ridiculous saree guard. I saw the saree guard in the Autocar review by Rishaad.

Cheers
Cyborg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th July 2021, 22:34   #59
Distinguished - BHPian

I guess I am one of the very few who could not get around the looks of busa, sorry Sachin. It could be attributed to the dhoom and poser image of the bike, but mainly it was around the bulk and how no attempt was made to even hide it. Instead the focus seems was to make it look more bulbolus. The new one also does not pull any strings of my heart, and for some one like me with that mindset, schumi review seems more like a paid one or one which is more to go along with current trend of the market. I am sure my above post might sound exaggerated, and it is indeed his passion for the bike flowing through, but that is what I feel.

We have few busa in the group and owners swear by it, these are owners more in the mould of sachin and not uday chopra fans and I am consistently pestered to ride it and see the difference, I have avoided till now. Though I must say I will definitely ride the new one when I get the chance. Really need to get to the bottom of all the love being showered on the new bike.
AtheK is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th July 2021, 00:36   #60
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtheK View Post
Though I must say I will definitely ride the new one when I get the chance. Really need to get to the bottom of all the love being showered on the new bike.
You must ride a Busa once in your lifetime to just feel what a 1340cc inline four can do to you.

Some pointers...

a) It is not about doing 300 kph as most liters and above do it easily today, but how it reaches there. To just get an idea look at any speedo shots of a Busa top speed video review the speedometer needle would actually look like a RPM needle being revved at standstill by seeing the way it moves so quickly and effortlessly...

b) The torque wave which builds up in a linear fashion and if you have the courage to hold on till the speedo gets into the triple digit speeds starting with a 2 then you need to mentally prepare yourself for what is about to come next as this thing accelerates like a fighter jet with afterburners. Most big bikes will start loosing steam as they reach the speed limit set by the gentlemen’s agreement but not this thing it just keeps accelerating effortlessly like there is no tomorrow.

c) It was designed in the wind tunnel to go fast and it shows. You can literally go down and get your head and body behind the windscreen and everything will just get so quitter as the aerodynamics do their play and the wind noise reduces drastically

d) The good kgs. The bike weighs 260+ but that is what keeps it planted at those insane speeds and with that brilliant suspension setup it just glides over bad surfaces. Also helps in putting down the power better as the weight ensures no easy power wheelies.
SnS_12 is offline   (11) Thanks

Most Viewed