Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th July 2021, 00:06   #76
BHPian

Re: 2021 Suzuki Hayabusa launched at Rs. 16.40 lakh

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigron View Post
Actually no. At 5.6, a person is not going to flat foot a Haybusa. However, you will gain an inch or so with a pair of A stars and that would help you move it around with your toes easily. Also, it depends on your inseam.
Oh I thought the seat height of 800mm was pretty low. I have read some posts where people claim they were 5 ft 7 and could flatfoot so I assumed 5 ft 6 wouldn't be that much of a stretch to flat foot especially with boots on. But since I neither own the Busa nor have sat on one its pure guesswork on my part.
Old 10th July 2021, 00:12   #77

Quote:
Originally Posted by bf1983 View Post
Oh I thought the seat height of 800mm was pretty low. I have read some posts where people claim they were 5 ft 7 and could flatfoot so I assumed 5 ft 6 wouldn't be that much of a stretch to flat foot especially with boots on. But since I neither own the Busa nor have sat on one its pure guesswork on my part.
Bigron is right. The inseam matters more than the height. If you have short legs like I do, you just basically forget about flatfooting any bike. I think, the last bike I flatfooted was a friend's Splendor back in college. I've almost exclusively had to use the left foot down technique since I learned to ride.
Old 23rd July 2021, 11:04   #78
BHPian

Hayabusa outsells Intruder-150 in June 2021!! To be honest, I am not overly surprised.

News Link
Emvi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th July 2021, 19:34   #79
BHPian

They have taken eulogizing to next level.

Enjoy.

Vasuki is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th July 2021, 20:30   #80
Team-BHP Support

Just curious but does Suzuki offer test rides of its big bikes (specifically Busa)? Or other big bikes? Like Triumph, BMW, Ducati, Kawasaki (somewhat) and Honda do?
Old 25th July 2021, 23:05   #81
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vasuki View Post
They have taken eulogizing to next level.
Suzuki does not have the need (or influencer budget) to incentivize journalists to praise the Hayabusa, considering 100 bikes of the 2nd lot were spoken for within the hour. Have heard current/ex Hayabusa owners speak in the same giddy tone as these gentlemen. Doubt there's anything exaggerated regarding their opinions about the bike. If there is, do share.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axe77 View Post
Just curious but does Suzuki offer test rides of its big bikes (specifically Busa)? Or other big bikes? Like Triumph, BMW, Ducati, Kawasaki (somewhat) and Honda do?
They very much do. Just don't expect to be pampered upon entering the showroom, contrary to treatment at showrooms of some of the other brands mentioned. Do carry your own water and remember that restaurants too serve tea/coffee. Most importantly, it is you (metaphorical equivalent of anyone who wants a test-ride) who wants to buy the Gen 3 Suzuki Hayabusa, not the other way around.

This critique of the Suzuki mindset is exaggerated for sure.

On a more serious note, during 2019/2020 (pre-BS4), Gen 2 Hayabusas were available in spades. As supply exceeded demand, there used to be a dedicated display + TR bike available at Suzuki Pune.

This craze for the Gen 3 Busa shall not decrease until Suzuki gets more units in next year. It seems that they are deliberately throttling the number of available units to attain smartphone-flash-sale type status for what is a 20l premium motorcycle.

Smart strategy. Other motorcycle brands would give anything to sell their bikes this way! Sadly, no other motorcycle is as iconic.

Last edited by GoBlue : 25th July 2021 at 23:26.
GoBlue is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 26th July 2021, 00:00   #82
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoBlue View Post
They very much do.
Any idea if the third generation Busa is available for a test ride at any showroom in Mumbai.

Thank you.

Cheers

Last edited by Cyborg : 26th July 2021 at 00:07.
Old 26th July 2021, 00:55   #83
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyborg View Post
Any idea if the third generation Busa is available for a test ride at any showroom in Mumbai.
Not much idea about Mumbai.

Think they had a 3rd gen bike in Pune for display before the 2nd round of bookings started. Not sure about present status.
GoBlue is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th July 2021, 08:18   #84
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoBlue View Post
Suzuki does not have the need (or influencer budget) to incentivize journalists to praise the Hayabusa, considering 100 bikes of the 2nd lot were spoken for within the hour. Have heard current/ex Hayabusa owners speak in the same giddy tone as these gentlemen. Doubt there's anything exaggerated regarding their opinions about the bike. If there is, do share.
Chill Man. It was never my intention to criticize.

I really love this machine and I was quoting it in a positive way. I have a high regard for Shumi and believe as of now that he provides great insight, into the bike world, at least to me.

One more thing, even though the machine is very successful, I would definitely love to be pampered while entering any showroom, especially the premium segment. After all, I feel the entire process should be an EXPERIENCE.

peace out.

Last edited by Vasuki : 26th July 2021 at 08:20.
Vasuki is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th July 2021, 14:53   #85
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vasuki View Post
One more thing, even though the machine is very successful, I would definitely love to be pampered while entering any showroom, especially the premium segment. After all, I feel the entire process should be an experience.
Been reading many times on our forum about the treatment of customers in showrooms, whichever and wherever they may be. I don’t believe that showrooms or the people there give any sort of treatment, good or bad.

I really wish people/customers understand that It’s not about the showroom or the staff, it’s not up to them. It’s about how we conduct ourselves which determines the treatment we get.

It’s a prerequisite to possess a confident demeanour, always speak softly, politely but firmly and remember they exist because of us, not the other way around. If someone still tries to act fresh (very, very rare), put them in their place immediately by asking for the supervisor or manager. Don’t tolerate nonsense and it won’t be dished out to you. If you adopt the above approach no showroom staff on earth will ever dream of being rude or impolite.

Cheers

Dear Moderators, please consider a one time exception if this post is off topic from the bike per se. Posting it as it’s in reference to the context of the ongoing discussion. Thank you.
Cyborg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th July 2021, 18:33   #86
BHPian

Seeing several yr 2020 Gen 2 low milage models for sale now at the used dealers. I am guessing previous owners are upgrading to the Gen 3. But the 2020 prices are at the 15-16 lacs range.

I am not a busa owner but why would someone buy a gen 2 model for similar price as gen 3. Am I missing something here. The price difference is less than 1 lac tops...are the owners expecting to get back full price of the bike without any account for depreciation.

On the other hand why sell the 2020 model? Some have barely been ridden 1500 - 2500 km. The Busa and it's pricing dynamics confuses me.

Last edited by no_fear : 26th July 2021 at 18:40.
no_fear is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th July 2021, 10:58   #87
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by no_fear View Post
Seeing several yr 2020 Gen 2 low milage models for sale now at the used dealers. I am guessing previous owners are upgrading to the Gen 3. But the 2020 prices are at the 15-16 lacs range.

I am not a busa owner but why would someone buy a gen 2 model for similar price as gen 3. Am I missing something here. The price difference is less than 1 lac tops...are the owners expecting to get back full price of the bike without any account for depreciation.

On the other hand why sell the 2020 model? Some have barely been ridden 1500 - 2500 km. The Busa and it's pricing dynamics confuses me.
Suzuki was quite secretive with the Gen 3 Hayabusa. For years now there has been speculation if Suzuki would come out with one or not. Also the fact that Suzuki is/was not doing particularly well in it's traditional markets made everyone think if Suzuki even had the budget or the inclination to come out with a hyper bike in the first place.

Alot of fanboys bought the 2020 model thinking it's the last one off the factory floor and would work as a collectors item once put up for sale. But Suzuki had other plans and came out with the Gen 3. Suddenly all they had was a 10 year old model that Suzuki sold by the buckets.

Plus since most were bought more for flashing than riding, with the Gen 3 being the flavor of the season, the only way to cut your losses is to get rid of the Gen 2 asap.
bigron is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 27th July 2021, 11:17   #88
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigron View Post
Alot of fanboys bought the 2020 model thinking it's the last one off the factory floor and would work as a collectors item once put up for sale.......the only way to cut your losses is to get rid of the Gen 2 asap.
Ah, I get it now. Thx bigron, this makes sense. So the current sellers are not riders, but just punters / speculators who bought at the high of the market and now want to cut loss due to excess liquidity.

Would you say then its a decent price to buy the 2020 models or you think it will fall further?
no_fear is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th July 2021, 11:45   #89
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axe77 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyborg View Post
With the Gen 3 lots getting sold out in hours I don't think the Mumbai dealer will even bother to spend on a demo bike at this moment plus they don't make profits on any other model sales like Kawasaki and Triumph do.. Only chance of test riding one is finding a owner of the Gen 3 who would be kind enough to let you try it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by no_fear View Post
Would you say then its a decent price to buy the 2020 models or you think it will fall further?
Its a demand and supply game and especially with the Gen 3 getting sold out in hours every time a new batch comes it is just going to up the desirability factor especially for our moto vlogger influencer parasites.. If you want to get the likes and views no other bike in India can do that better than a Busa... For the general viewers of these videos who have never experienced a superbike this one is the ultimate dream.

Gen 1 goes like a liter bike up to 200kph.

Gen 2 goes like a rocket post 200kph until the speed limiter kicks in to help restrain the beast.

Gen 3? Bigron only you can let us know as you own both previous gen's with good amount of riding experience between the two.

After listening to Kartikeya's view on how the Gen 3 feels lighter and tighter than Gen 2 has got me tempted to try it for myself and I also echo Shumi's view if one has to buy the gen 3 it has to be the white and blue..

Last edited by SnS_12 : 27th July 2021 at 12:14.
SnS_12 is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 27th July 2021, 14:16   #90
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnS_12 View Post
With the Gen 3 lots getting sold out in hours I don't think the Mumbai dealer will even bother to spend on a demo bike at this moment. Only chance of test riding one is finding a owner of the Gen 3 who would be kind enough to let you try it.
Agree with you SnS_12, my thoughts exactly. It was kind of hoping against hope or wishful thinking that Suzuki might offer a test ride

Finding an owner kind enough to lend it would perhaps be feasible for a current super bike owner through riding groups/contacts. For a person who doesn’t own a super bike it remains wishful thinking.

Thank you for sharing your thoughts.

Cheers
Cyborg is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks