Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th July 2021, 14:22   #91
BHPian

Re: 2021 Suzuki Hayabusa launched at Rs. 16.40 lakh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyborg View Post
It was kind of hoping against hope or wishful thinking that Suzuki might offer a test ride
The only way to score a test ride is to pass off as an Instagram influencer. I guess if you show up with a Go Pro, a mic, and ask them nicely, they might entertain you.

But in all seriousness, do the dealers even have any demo Busas. I would be skeptical, given the massive demand.
no_fear is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 27th July 2021, 14:43   #92
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by no_fear View Post
But in all seriousness, do the dealers even have any demo Busas. I would be skeptical, given the massive demand.
As of now it seems there is only one DL 14 SN 6359 registered "Media Bike" being shared by the prominent media houses.

2021 Suzuki Hayabusa launched at Rs. 16.40 lakh-20210704041552_suzuki_hayabusa_india_review_4.jpg

The same bike is serving as a display bike I suppose, which was in Pune and now might be in Mumbai between the shoots!

Last edited by surjaonwheelz : 27th July 2021 at 14:53.
surjaonwheelz is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 27th July 2021, 14:44   #93
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by no_fear View Post
The only way to score a test ride is to pass off as an Instagram influencer. I guess if you show up with a Go Pro, a mic, and ask them nicely, they might entertain you.
Deception is not a path I would want to undertake under any circumstances. I agree with SnS_12, don’t think there will be any test ride bike to begin with or perhaps someone from the showroom will give some unsuspecting owners delivery bike to the unscrupulous which would be unacceptable for me as well.

Ride safe friend, absolutely love your desirable red beauties and your ownership thread. Kudos to your brother for his amazing knowledge about bikes.

Cheers
Cyborg is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th July 2021, 14:51   #94
BHPian

Quote:
I agree with SnS_12, don’t think there will be any test ride bike to begin with or perhaps someone from the showroom will give some unsuspecting owners delivery bike to the unscrupulous which would be unacceptable for me as well. Cheers
Well said brother Respect. I was joking on the influencer bit, but its heartening to read. I hope you get your chance to demo the bike.

Last edited by no_fear : 27th July 2021 at 14:59.
no_fear is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th July 2021, 15:29   #95
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
don’t think there will be any test ride bike to begin with or perhaps someone from the showroom will give some unsuspecting owners delivery bike to the unscrupulous which would be unacceptable for me as well.
These test rides even if available is meaningless as they allow you to ride near the showroom in city limits. the Andheri Suzuki dealer sat with me when I went to test ride a GSX 750 for a friend and just one spin which had two U turns in traffic.

Even with empty roads you may only be able to use 20% of the bikes capacity the bigger ones like the Busa. So one would need multiple longer runs to make a informed decision.

My Ninja 650 and the Busa were bought without a test ride. The Gen 1 Busa was the first superbike i sat on as a pillion and had never ridden a Busa until I got mine.

On customers bike been offered is what happened to the first batch in Delhi which were unboxed and displayed and every moto vlogger in town ended swinging his leg at least over one of them but hopefully without any test rides..
SnS_12 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th July 2021, 02:53   #96
Senior - BHPian

Impressions of the new Hayabusa, via t_a.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnS_12 View Post
Gen 3? Bigron only you can let us know as you own both previous gen's with good amount of riding experience between the two.
After listening to Kartikeya's view on how the Gen 3 feels lighter and tighter than Gen 2 has got me tempted to try it for myself and I also echo Shumi's view if one has to buy the gen 3 it has to be the white and blue.
Funny that you say this. I just got around riding the Gen 3 extensively over the course of last few days. I'll give few of my observations.

The bike looks good in person and the paint job is top notch. It is sleeker than before and hides it's bulk really well. It has enough new design elements to be called a brand new bike. Suzuki did a great job there.

The cock pit view is phenomenal and the riding position better than the Gen 2. The bars are higher and closer. Seat height I think is similar but flat footing was not a problem for me on this. Has a hill hold function too.

You don't have to press the clutch to start now. A simple press of the button and the bike does the rest. No more holding the ON switch to crank up.

Comes with a lot of bells and whistles and I played around with few but over all the cockpit layout is a massive step up. Analog dials with all that tech looks the best of any new bike. The quick shifter works without hitch and the headlight seems to be better than before. The cruise control is welcomed and the new faring design is a boon for filter access. There are about a gazillion TC and other electronic aids on it and it's definitely a 2021 bike in that terms.

Suzuki has done a great job with chassis response and the bike turns really well. In fact, while riding no one would say this is a near 600 pound bike. The Gen 2 was a tractor compared to this. The handling is sharp and communicative. For all its weight, the KYB setup makes this is a great handling bike.

Braking has improved too all thanks to the Brembo Stylemas and larger discs. Definitely ahead of the stock Gen2 and comparable to the Brembo set up I have on mine.

The engine is definitely smoother and the mid range is stronger than the Gen 2. The gear shifting was butter smooth. This is a torque beast and the lower numbers are deceptive. It still pulls like a locomotive from 2000 rpm all the way to hell.

I knew the engine would be phenomenal but now with an amazing chassis response and all other upgraded parts, this is a solid effort from Suzuki and they deserve all the credit for keeping the Hayabusa alive for another decade. All in all, if you are a Hayabusa fan, who have been blessed, and if you are not, you have one more chance to make things right. Nothing out there is so special and complete.

I am sure there are other things I must have observed while riding it but have forgotten now. Maybe I'll remember it on next ride.

Last edited by aah78 : 28th July 2021 at 18:02. Reason: Multiple typos fixed. Proof read before posting please. Thanks!
bigron is offline   (38) Thanks
Old 28th July 2021, 07:31   #97
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigron View Post
Funny that you say this.
Intuition

So in simple words this is more of a evolution and not a revolution (bigger more powerful engine) especially what we previous gen owners were expecting. Looks like Suzuki has really done their homework well by making the bike better which as Shumi says defies Physics as the previous Gen’s too should note be able to do in theory what they actually do and achieve for the size and bulk of the motorcycle.

Your views and feedback will greatly help people to make a decision to go for Gen 3 over any litre monster out there which makes more practical sense in our riding environment while achieving and even doing better in certain aspects what other big bikes manage to do.

So would you buy one along with your Gen 2 if age was not the factor? (you had mentioned the Gen 2 itself was getting a bit too extreme now)

This was my conversation with Kar Lee on Insta when he rode it after the launch. I guess I will have to start working on making space for a Hooligan and a Stealth ICBM next

2021 Suzuki Hayabusa launched at Rs. 16.40 lakh-3e49e6b03d014af38e31a7d3e70413d3.png

PS - Do the new mirror design offer a better view? And is the recommended tyre pressure still 42 psi? Really want to try it for myself how could they improve the suspension feel from the Gen 2, which already felt PERFECT..

Last edited by SnS_12 : 28th July 2021 at 07:40.
SnS_12 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 28th July 2021, 15:37   #98
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Suzuki has done a great job with chassis response and the bike turns really well. In fact, while riding no one would say this is a near 600 pound bike. The Gen 2 was a tractor compared to this. The handling is sharp and communicative. For all its weight, the KYB setup makes this is a great handling bike.
Quote:
So would you buy one along with your Gen 2 if age was not the factor? (you had mentioned the Gen 2 itself was getting a bit too extreme now)
Both of you (plus so many other proper reviewers/channels, not the nonsense brigade) seem smitten by the generation 3 bike, how much of an improvement it is over the generation 2 and yet so much of the beauty/essence of the original bike is maintained. Yet there is talk or a general view of keeping the generation 2 and yet buying the generation 3. I would like to understand this better hence putting across my thoughts and questions.

Cold logic seems to dictate selling off the generation 2 and getting the generation 3 which seems to be better/improved across so many parameters as discussed. It would seem to rectify what SnS_12 says to you Bigron about the generation 2 getting to be a bit too extreme and move to a platform which would be relatively easier to live with.

Why not switch over to the generation 3 (selling the generation 2) which seems to be the logical choice to keep enjoying the new and improved Busa. The new one seems to be wearing a tuxedo over the jeans/t-shirt version of the previous one. Please excuse my logic if it’s sacrilegious and explain your Busa love.

Thank you!

Cheers

Last edited by aah78 : 28th July 2021 at 18:01. Reason: Quoted post fixed.
Cyborg is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 28th July 2021, 19:12   #99
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Yet there is talk or a general view of keeping the generation 2 and yet buying the generation 3. I would like to understand this better hence putting across my thoughts and questions.

Why not switch over to the generation 3 (selling the generation 2) which seems to be the logical choice to keep enjoying the new and improved Busa. The new one seems to be wearing a tuxedo over the jeans/t-shirt version of the previous one.
Your answer to this has already been well explained in Powerdift's video posted by member Vasuki on post #79.

However, I will try to explain it in points for our readers and for it to be documented on this thread.

a) The Busa was launched in 1999 and for a layman busa form that time onwards it just means speed/top speed.

b) However, there is more to a busa then just top speed as how it gets there and in what form is what makes the whole experience special. Todays bikes can achieve a similar or higher top speed then the Busa and have the same level of electronic gizmos, but still the Busa makes it presence felt and stands out among the crowd.

c) Suzuki just didn't make a brilliant engine but also backed it up with a frame and suspension setup which it rivals just couldn't match up.

d) Kawasaki had to increase the engine capacity by a whole 100 cc on the 14R to compete with the Gen 2 Busa and to win the speed war. The other brilliant engine from Suzuki is the K5 which came in 2005 GSXR and can still keep up with the current liter bikes on a race track with their fancy electronic aids.

e) Coming to the frame and suspension setup all I can say is what Shumi said that it just defies Physics. The 260 kgs will make it presence felt only while being moved in the parking space however, it just disappears as speed builds up and at top whack is when you realize its good kgs as the bike just remains rock steady. The guys at Suzuki were not joking when they said they designed it in a wind tunnel in the late 90's as when you get into crouch position and your head goes below the windscreen it just becomes so quitter as there is minimal wind buffeting and the wind just moves over the motorcycle and your body like a hot knife over butter.

f) In my ownership thread I had said I was looking forward to the Gen 3 as I knew I would be buying a piece of History and not a motorcycle. While the initial information figures made me loose interest as I thought this was just a cosmetic and electronic upgrade but I was wrong and it has definitely more to it then just the lower power figures thanks to Euro 5.

The Busa be it any generation is a legend and Suzuki have taken their sweet time to just up its game over every new generation upgrade. For me the Busa and the RX are like household gold, which no matter how much they appreciate in value one will never sell.

Also, the Gen 2 has no electronic aids when in 'A' mode except for ABS (2013 model onwards) and its your right wrist which decides what the engine does and when. The current lot of superbikes have become so powerful and lighter that they need electronic aids to put the power down and to keep both wheels on the ground but still struggle to beat a Busa in a straight line.

Now, after reading Bigron's views on the Gen 3 it has reignited my interest in adding another busa especially for the changes they have made to the chassis and suspension as I always thought this combination on the Gen 2 is as best as it can get but unlike the engine Suzuki could work their magic in just taking the overall riding experience on the busa to a whole different level.

Quote:
It would seem to rectify what SnS_12 says to you Bigron about the generation 2 getting to be a bit too extreme and move to a platform which would be relatively easier to live with.
His Gen 2 has a lot of upgrades and especially the brakes. Plus he wants to move to a adventure tourer next. So, I wanted to know whether he would consider buying one now after riding it as he too was eagerly waiting for the launch of the Gen 3.
SnS_12 is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 29th July 2021, 11:30   #100
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Intuition

PS - Do the new mirror design offer a better view? And is the recommended tyre pressure still 42 psi? Really want to try it for myself how could they improve the suspension feel from the Gen 2, which already felt PERFECT..
There in lies the conundrum.
I was not expecting the Gen 3 to be such a massive step up from the Gen 2 in almost all departments other than speed and accelaration. Even on those two parameters, the Gen 3 matches the Gen 2 and exceeds in the midrange pull.

The thing is, Gen 2 satisfies all my speed cravings. Of course there are faster bikes I ve ridden, and there are more comfortable bikes out there but none balance both with such panache.

Having said that, my çurrent bike is devoid of any electronic aid, not even an abs system. So a simple spray of water on the road tends to make the bike skittish. There is absolutely no safety barrier other than your right wrist and your guardian angel. However, over the years I have installed so many parts on the bike to make it better that letting it go is going to be an exercise.

As far as the adventure tourer is concerned, I will get one irrespective of the Hayabusa. The two are completely separate and hardly overlap in terms of what they can do.

As much as I was disappointed when the Gen 3 was announced and I saw the spec sheet, the actual experience of riding the bike was so different and new it left a huge smile on my face. And that's always a good thing when riding something new.

Last edited by bigron : 29th July 2021 at 11:39.
bigron is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 29th July 2021, 18:31   #101
Senior - BHPian

I am sure many other manufacturers will strip down this engine to understand how Suzuki could make this engine even more Versatile, while they are still trying to figure out the 2008 engine secrets.
SnS_12 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th July 2021, 19:47   #102
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by surjaonwheelz View Post
As of now it seems there is only one DL 14 SN 6359 registered "Media Bike" being shared by the prominent media houses.

Attachment 2184320

The same bike is serving as a display bike I suppose, which was in Pune and now might be in Mumbai between the shoots!
Quote:
https://Youtu.be/ITw3QnbHztg

I am sure many other manufacturers will strip down this engine to understand how Suzuki could make this engine even more Versatile, while they are still trying to figure out the 2008 engine secrets.
Yes and Yes. This for sure is by now a very abused motorcycle. Sagar is seen here complaining about the condition of the rear tyre.
sunilch is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st July 2021, 03:02   #103
Senior - BHPian

I ended up taking the bike for a long ride again and these are my more specific observations in addition to the general ones I gave earlier.

I will skip on the looks since it's subjective, but generally speaking, the bike has sleeker lines and numerous incremental upgrades. The new shape comes together beautifully just like the old one all thanks to extensive wind tunnel testing. It still feels and is bigger than a 1000cc but IMO, this is the best iteration of the bike yet.
The colour combinations are nice and would suit all pallets. There are numerous design elements that one observes on closer inspection and Suzuki has put in effort to make this a modern sports tourer. Also, despite being new no one will mistake it for anything else on the road.

The build quality and the parts quality are very good. A definite step up from Gen 2. The bike looks premium.

The riding position is supremely comfortable given the size and space available. The bars are closer to the rider than before and that makes for a more upright and relaxed riding position. Less strain on the wrists. Also, the position of the pegs and the bars should be comfortable for anyone upto 6 - 6.1 ft. Any taller and you would need risers and lowered pegs. The bike sits slightly lower thereby helping shorter riders flat-footing.

The most controversial decision that Suzuki engineers took was to keep the motor from the Gen 2. It is believed that Suzuki spent considerable amount of time looking at various combinations from increasing the cc to force induction but eventually settled with the same motor.
The 1340 cc I4 is one of the finest motors ever made for a bike. However, Suzuki has reworked this motor extensively. But despite making these extensive changes the bike makes less top end thanks to the stringent euro 5 emission norms.
Where the engineers did manage to extract the benefit is the mid range. There is a huge chunk more on this bike compared to the old one at around 5500 rpm level, and that's where most street riding is done. So of you doing 120 in 5th, just turn your wrist and you ride a wave of torque. A special mention needs to be made about the smoothness of the motor. No nasty spikes or dead spots, just one big endless reserve of torque.
Long story short, the motor is a gem and any mention of lower HP and torque is purely theoretic. No difference will be felt in real-world riding. The weight of the bike is also less by a few pounds.

The gearbox is very smooth and has no notchiness or false clicks and the QS is a boon and very effective.

There are two main highlights of the new bike. The suspension setup and the electronics package.

The bike runs KYB fully adjustable shocks that are a massive step up from the Gen 2. The suspension setup is a perfect balance. It is soft enough to prove that magic carpet ride but still gives you the confidence to lean it in with its firmness. This thing can really turn and I can say the handling is nimble. It goes where you want it to go without any drama or letting you know what 600 pound feels like. It is stable and quick and will give an experienced rider enough confidence to have fun with it. The brakes like I said earlier are a massive step up thanks to Brembos, the same we see on v4 Panigale. As far as big heavy bikes are concerned, these are the best brakes you are going to get from the factory floor.

The other major upgrade is the Electronics package that Suzuki now offers. The bike comes with a 3 level launch control. It works flawlessly. There is cruise control and a hill control system. I tried the HCC, and the bike will hold its position once the rider stops the bike on an inclined. Very helpful on a heavy bike. There is a 10 level TC system, engine braking, track abs and advanced power modes. The cruise control system also works as intended and works like a charm on longer rides.
The best thing about all this is the way the data is presented in the redesigned instrument cluster. Traditional analog dials with a MID in between. Looks beautiful and modern. There is so much information being presented and processed that it would take me time to get a hang of it.

Now the best part. The thing that makes a Hayabusa special is the huge aftermarket parts. One can practically change and enhance almost every aspect of the bike and when the foundation is so solid, the end result is a bike that is at the top of sports bike mountain.

I was speaking to a few friends, and efforts are going on to crack the ECU of the Gen 3 to extract more performance. The dyno numbers should also be out soon.

Overall, a fantastic job by Suzuki to keep the world's most famous bike alive and kicking for another decade.

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 2nd August 2021 at 14:15. Reason: No mention of speeds above 120kmph, please. Thanks
bigron is offline   (23) Thanks
Old 31st July 2021, 15:27   #104
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Overall, a fantastic job by Suzuki to keep the world's most famous bike alive and kicking for another decade.
Thank you so much for sharing your expertise and experience Bigron!

Your views scream for an upgrade or for having both the generation 2 and 3 (for those willing and able) in their garage. You have also created such a flavour for the uninitiated in the Busa world to partake an experience of biking nirvana.

A thought and question for those who would like to keep both in their garage. When the generation 3 is so much better, almost in all aspects but still retains the original flavour, when it’s time to pick up the keys, would you still reach for the generation 2? And if so, how would you divide the rides?

Ride safe and all the best!

Cheers

Last edited by Cyborg : 31st July 2021 at 15:43. Reason: Text added.
Cyborg is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st July 2021, 17:34   #105
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
A thought and question for those who would like to keep both in their garage. When the generation 3 is so much better, almost in all aspects but still retains the original flavour, when it’s time to pick up the keys, would you still reach for the generation 2? And if so, how would you divide the rides?
The current bike manufacturers are pushing the technology levels to such heights that us mere mortals would be dead if not for the electronic aids that prevent us from looking stupid and doing something stupid on the road. But that also corrupts ones riding style overtime as you are not learning and improving from your mistakes as the electronics are not letting you commit one and fine tune your riding style/skill.

That is where Gen 2 will come for me as it is the old fashioned brilliance of how motorcycle were in the past with the ECU’s sole job was too provide the right amount of fuel and air mixture to the engine to spin the rear wheel based on the throttle position maintained by my right wrist.

I feel this is what people will appreciate more about the Gen 1 & Gen 2 a few years down the line when they will feel the need to experience the pure form of riding a motorcycle much like how we petrolhead’s feel about MT over AT in our cars even if the AT will help us set a faster lap time but will fall short on the thrill and joy of driving pleasure..

For people who are just starting to ride the current generation of litre bikes would surely shit in their pants if they ride a particular 16 year old motorcycle producing 180 bhp which is the 2005 ZX 10R. No fancy electronic aids and you better be ready once it crosses 6k rpm as the bike will scream for every bit of your attention and riding skill.
SnS_12 is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks