Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th January 2022, 19:09   #136
Senior - BHPian

Re: 2021 Suzuki Hayabusa launched at Rs. 16.40 lakh

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronford View Post
You mention you haven't ridden the Gen 2 Busa but have you Test-ridden the Kawasaki ZX-13R?

If yes, any particular reason going for the Busa over the Kwacker?
I am sure you are referring to the Zx14r and not the 13r.

Also, Kawasaki decided to pull the plug on the 14r from the year 2020. Tightening emmission norms, limited appeal and most importantly, the H2SX made kawasaki to not renew the old girl.

So unless the owner was looking to get used or wanted the super charger, there is no real competition in the current hyper bike category.
bigron is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th January 2022, 19:14   #137
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigron View Post
I am sure you are referring to the Zx14r and not the 13r.

Also, Kawasaki decided to pull the plug on the 14r from the year 2020. Tightening emmission norms, limited appeal and most importantly, the H2SX made kawasaki to not renew the old girl.

So unless the owner was looking to get used or wanted the super charger, there is no real competition in the current hyper bike category.
Ah yes, I meant the ZX-14R!

Oh yes, I forgotot the 14R was discontinued.
Old 7th January 2022, 20:31   #138
BHPian

Hayabusa looks really good in this silver colour. Suzuki should now start making Hayabusa in India, this will bring down the price significantly. Also they can make India their export hub, considering the demand for 2021 Hayabusa, Suzuki should think about this. This is my dream bike, maybe one day I will own it. Anyways, enjoy your ride!
BMW_Fan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th January 2022, 00:08   #139
BHPian

Quote:
The Suzuki Hayabusa has been a dream bike.

There was no motivation to consider/test ride anything else in the market. Let me put this another way, no other bike felt as attractive as the Gen 3 Suzuki Hayabusa.

The build quality of the Gen 3 is so spectacular, one can spend hours just gazing at the parked bike. While some European bikes feel plasticky (with due respect, looks are a purely personal opinion), this oozes quality.

Had this as my desktop wallpaper during the early 2000s

Name:  A1F2DF3A66444E6A97AFB0A14F6FB88C.jpeg
Views: 1581
Size:  42.9 KB

Quote:
We can talk and discuss more on it as you pile on more miles and get to know the biker better.

All said and done, you are going to have a ball of a time with this. It's an amazing machine and pretty much perfect. Ride safe, ride far!
Thanks for the kind words, bigron.

Had gone for the first long(ish) break-in ride today.

Had the motorcycle in C mode. Even in the lowest power mode, the way it eats up tarmac was so much fun.

And more than mere speed, the way it just glides over rough patches (magic carpet ride), the brilliant wind protection, absolute rock solid stability and most astonishing - the way it tips into corners; are the hallmarks of an extremely sophisticated motorcycle. It is difficult to explain these traits as being unique to the Hayabusa (may sound like a fanboy-ish claim), only those who have ridden would be able to relate.

A simple thing like beautiful looking artsy mirrors, which also provide brilliant visibility - there’s so much to admire about this motorcycle and the effort that has been invested into designing it.

This is NOT a one-dimensional motorcycle. It is a comfortable sports tourer that can make a 150 km street-ride so memorable, one will keep having the urge to ride it again (and again, and…)!

Planning to experiment with B mode once the running in is done. A mode is best left for short bursts whenever the roads allow - it is far too aggressive.

PS: the perception that the silly Bollywood movie created about this bike is immensely stupid. Although it made the bike popular in the country, people remained unaware that it was an iconic bike long before the movie was made. Even today, the Hayabusa is just spoken of as being “fast”. That’s a disservice to a motorcycle that does so many things well.

Picture courtesy: BHPian TheCelestial

Sharing a snap that shows how the ergonomics are, this will differ depending on rider height. For reference, I am 5’6”.

2021 Suzuki Hayabusa launched at Rs. 16.40 lakh-86269844282144d0930e17d1a3e7ebb4.jpeg

Have always been a fan of these dual exhausts. While some YouTube influencers are replacing this with the full-system single-sided titanium Akrapovic, I personally prefer this dual exhaust look. There’s nothing lacking in how the stock cans look and how they sound.

Akrapovic does make a dual end-can slip-on too, but I don’t like how it looks. Looks a bit bland.

2021 Suzuki Hayabusa launched at Rs. 16.40 lakh-f15f2f99129a416c9c9e71fc312f4399.jpeg

Last edited by GoBlue : 8th January 2022 at 00:33.
GoBlue is offline   (36) Thanks
Old 8th January 2022, 00:44   #140
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoBlue View Post
Thanks for the kind words, bigron.

Had gone for the first long(ish) break-in ride today.

Had the motorcycle in C mode. Even in the lowest power mode, the way it eats up tarmac was so much fun.

And more than mere speed, the way it just glides over rough patches (magic carpet ride), the brilliant wind protection, absolute rock solid stability and most astonishing - the way it tips into corners; are the hallmarks of an extremely sophisticated motorcycle. It is difficult to explain these traits as being unique to the Hayabusa (may sound like a fanboy-ish claim), only those who have ridden would be able to relate.

Planning to experiment with B mode once the running in is done. A mode is best left for short bursts whenever the roads allow - it is far too aggressive.

PS: the perception that the silly Bollywood movie created about this bike is immensely stupid. Although it made the bike popular in the country, people remained unaware that it was an iconic bike long before the movie was made. Even today, the Hayabusa is just spoken of as being “fast”. That’s a disservice to a motorcycle that does so many things well.
I am glad you taking her out from the onset. That is the only way to get comfortable and get to know a new bike.

Honestly, I wouldn't bother with the modes and just leave it in A and forget about them. The power is not brutal enough as long as you keep your wrist in check. There are a myriad of other saftey electronic aids at your disposal that you can play with and see what works best for you.

Yes, the ride is so compliant that it will virtually glide through minor road undulations. The bike is tailor made to do interstate travels. Have covered over 900 kms multiple times with just short brakes during my touring days. The fact that it has space to move around also helps immensely. Did 250 kms on a Kawasaki zx10r and wanted to jump of it. I am not even going to tell you how I felt on a r6.

I recommend getting a double bubble windscreen. A must for any serious long distance crusing. Your neck will thank you.

Yes, I too prefer dual end cans on the Hayabusa. Hence the reason I went with the TiForce Dual full titanium. Too bad the compny went out of business few years ago during the Japanese Tsunami. They had among the best exhausts on the market. Akrapovitch is okay and make a fine product but I don't like them visually nor the way they sound. Enjoy your bike on the stock cans right now. When it's time , go for a full systems with an aftermarket filter.

I am frequently reminded of this quote by Koblenz about the Hayabusa when people take a myopic view of the bikes capabilities and call it just a speed demon.

" The Hayabusa is speed in all its glory. But speed is not all the Hayabusa Is".

Enjoy your time with her.

Last edited by bigron : 8th January 2022 at 00:51.
bigron is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 14th January 2022, 17:52   #141
BHPian

Quote:

Attachment 2255751
A bit late to join the party. Congratulations Sir for bringing home the falcon. Was terribly in two minds when I was on the lookout for a V Strom two years ago, and saw the GSX-S750 in flesh at a showroom. My first impression of the GSX-S, and the Busa, were how compact those bikes felt compared to the bulky Strom. How well all those cubic centimeters were neatly hidden. The Strom actually felt dwarfing all other bikes in the showroom. However had to settle for the Strom as cushy ride and pillion comfort had higher priority - my wife rides pillion all the time. Even with my 5' 9" height I'm not yet fully in terms with the Strom. I still had a soft corner for the GSX-S (more so due to the closer pricing, clean naked design and all those extra ponies) and was naturally glued to your thread on the same. And now it may be assumed you've got what you were looking for, what was missing in the GSX-S

Cheers,
Sayan

P.s. That photo above is my favorite of the lot.
Sayan15 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th February 2022, 17:30   #142
Distinguished - BHPian

Suzuki Hayabusa Gets New Performance Accessory Pack With Titanium Akrapovic Silencers

Quote:
Suzuki has unveiled a new Performance Accessory Pack for its Hayabusa flagship bike. The pack, which can be fitted at the time of purchase, will set you back £2,599 ($3,521) in the UK, but will also save you £1,112 ($1,500) over the cost of the individual items.
So, what do you get in return for your hard-earned money?

Quote:
It starts with a pair of titanium Akrapovic silencers, which can save you a total of 9 lbs (4 kg) in weight, while boosting power by 2 kW (about 2.6 hp). They’ll also enhance the bike’s soundtrack (naturally) and its aesthetic, thanks to the carbon fiber tips and head shield. You’ll also find laser etched Akrapovic and Hayabusa logos on them.

Other highlights from this pack include billet aluminum brake and clutch levers, color-coded pillion seat cowl, an accessory seat with Hayabusa logo and red contrast stitching, plus a tank pad that also boasts the logo of this famous hypersport bike (you can choose between gold and red).
2021 Suzuki Hayabusa launched at Rs. 16.40 lakh-1.jpg

2021 Suzuki Hayabusa launched at Rs. 16.40 lakh-2.jpg

2021 Suzuki Hayabusa launched at Rs. 16.40 lakh-3.jpg

2021 Suzuki Hayabusa launched at Rs. 16.40 lakh-0.jpg

2021 Suzuki Hayabusa launched at Rs. 16.40 lakh-4.jpg

2021 Suzuki Hayabusa launched at Rs. 16.40 lakh-5.jpg

2021 Suzuki Hayabusa launched at Rs. 16.40 lakh-6.jpg

2021 Suzuki Hayabusa launched at Rs. 16.40 lakh-9.jpg

2021 Suzuki Hayabusa launched at Rs. 16.40 lakh-8.jpg

2021 Suzuki Hayabusa launched at Rs. 16.40 lakh-10.jpg

2021 Suzuki Hayabusa launched at Rs. 16.40 lakh-7.jpg

Link
volkman10 is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 5th June 2022, 07:49   #143
Distinguished - BHPian

Lamborghini SVJ v Suzuki Hayabusa: DRAG RACE

volkman10 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 14th June 2022, 17:28   #144
BHPian

Quote:
First impressions
In continuation, the motorcycle is doing well. It's had the first service, completed around 1K on the ODO. As the ATAS is my primary bike for longer distances, the Busa is ridden relatively less. Which is how it shall always be.

To add to the first impressions, have some detailed observations a bit deeper into ownership:

- "A" mode is manic. The analog needles go from left to right in no time. For an engine of this displacement, the speed at which it revvs is spectacular. The refinement is exquisite. The way the intake growls at higher RPMs is terrifying. B mode is better for regular riding, A mode can be used on patches of road where the power (delivery) can be safely experienced. C mode is best suited to save the tires.

- The handling is incredible! The way this 266 kg long-wheelbase bike falls into a corner evokes disbelief. There's no significant counter-steering force needed to get it to fall in. The feeling of absolute confidence when leaned over is a special experience.

- The frame heated up to unbearable levels during the crazy summer that the country went through. This is not a bike to be riding around in shorts! Moreover, this is not a bike to be riding around in B2B traffic. Even during early morning rides (despite starting early to escape the traffic), the situation in Pune was such that there were pockets of traffic on the highways due to some or the other road-work. The heat was literally burning through riding gear. This specific "character" is almost like a machine of Italian origins.

- The coolant temperature NEVER goes above the halfway mark, even when stuck in B2B traffic at 44 degree ambient temperature.

- Suzuki should have given angled valve stems at this price point, sticking the air hose in is a pain.

- While the Brembo Stylema brakes are excellent, they could have also fitted a span-ratio adjustable Brembo lever.

- The suspension is a work of art. The way it manages to feel plush on broken roads and confidence inspiring in corners, is special.

Sharing some pics.

The quality of the paint finish and the way the panels are put together is very good.

2021 Suzuki Hayabusa launched at Rs. 16.40 lakh-dsc_2340_00001_v1.jpg

This Matt Silver paint shade is gorgeous to look at in different light conditions.

2021 Suzuki Hayabusa launched at Rs. 16.40 lakh-dsc_2348_00001_v1.jpg

With BHPian TheCelestial's steed. Notice the relative differences in the clip-on's position. The Busa is more relaxed than the litre super-sport class.

2021 Suzuki Hayabusa launched at Rs. 16.40 lakh-dsc_2444_00001_v1.jpg

With another BHPian's VFR1200. Both bikes being amongst the best that the Japanese could offer in their respective genres. Implemented in totally different approaches.

2021 Suzuki Hayabusa launched at Rs. 16.40 lakh-dsc_0405_v1.jpg

Last edited by GoBlue : 14th June 2022 at 17:49.
GoBlue is offline   (24) Thanks
Old 25th June 2022, 14:00   #145

Congrats on the amazing machine! I'm in the queue to book one (been waiting forever, sigh!) and my mind was fixed on White. Looking at your pictures, I have second thoughts now lol. The brushed aluminium exhaust, silver body and rotors all blend in so well.

Curious, does this model need premium fuel?
allfatherodin is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th June 2022, 16:59   #146
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by allfatherodin View Post
Congrats on the amazing machine! I'm in the queue to book one (been waiting forever, sigh!) and my mind was fixed on White. Looking at your pictures, I have second thoughts now lol. The brushed aluminium exhaust, silver body and rotors all blend in so well.

Curious, does this model need premium fuel?
As per info shared by Suzuki dealer, these new colour schemes will be introduced in 2022 MY. Happened to read somewhere on the internet that these colours are only for the USA market. As per my understanding, India units are imported from JP. One would have to wait and see when Suzuki India makes an official announcement regarding the colours.

2021 Suzuki Hayabusa launched at Rs. 16.40 lakh-cd708411e14a48d3afb694afeb8866a1.jpeg

2021 Suzuki Hayabusa launched at Rs. 16.40 lakh-c452ad1d2c694bebbb124f339c196b3e.jpeg

2021 Suzuki Hayabusa launched at Rs. 16.40 lakh-9fb3797c203e4eadbebee070207f49c8.jpeg

The bike does not NEED 95 RON fuel. It’s perfectly fine when run on 91 RON. 95 RON is recommended as per the user manual. Personally, I don’t feel 95 RON is necessary for regular street riding.
GoBlue is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 25th June 2022, 17:48   #147
BHPian

Quote:
Congratulations man!!! What a lovely colour
Absolutely love this motorcycle. Hope you enjoy her to fullest. Wish you many many miles.
Odeen12 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th July 2022, 22:43   #148
BHPian

Now this is interesting fodder for bike enthusiasts to discuss at chai meets during rides.

The STOCK Gen 3 Hayabusa makes similar power at the wheel as a STOCK Gen 2.

Suzuki has underquoted claimed power figures (at the crank) for the Gen 3 and overstated the difference in power figures. (why, is an unknown. so far.)

Sharing a dyno chart for reference from Bike Social's test, along with link to the original source.

Gen 3 owners around the world are heaving sighs of relief.

2021 Suzuki Hayabusa launched at Rs. 16.40 lakh-gen3vsgen2.jpg

Source: https://www.bennetts.co.uk/bikesocia...ayabusa-2021#q

Last edited by GoBlue : 28th July 2022 at 23:03.
GoBlue is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 30th July 2022, 10:20   #149
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Now this is interesting fodder for bike enthusiasts to discuss at chai meets during rides.
Gen 3 owners around the world are heaving sighs of relief.
Attachment 2339549
Source: https://www.bennetts.co.uk/bikesocia...ayabusa-2021#q
In reality, the initial disappointment when the Gen 3 came out was not that it made a few less ponies than the bike it replaced but the fact that even after close to 13 years that Suzuki took to replace the Gen 2, the Gen 3 was not winning any BHP wars in general and did not even supress the power output of the bike it replaced specifically.

Ofcourse, now everyone knows how good the engine updates are on the new bike and Suzuki did an excellent job of retaining the Hayabusa engine character while confirming to stringent emission norms.

However after 13 years, I would have liked to see a 200 plus bhp Hayabusa from the factory floor. Those bragging rights though are long gone. The new liter class breed are the kings of the road. They are insansely fast, very slick and with razor sharp handling. Going super fast has never been this easy.
I miss the time when a 200 plus pound of me on a 600 pound bike could out gun a zx or a gsxr1000 in 5th with a gear to spare while they were redlining their pants ducking in to gain some more velocity.

Last edited by bigron : 30th July 2022 at 10:23.
bigron is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 4th August 2022, 13:34   #150
BHPian

Re: How to Buy and live with a Superbike in India

Picked up this bad boy recently. Rides like a dream. Amazing handling and doesn't feel one bit like it's 260 kilos. Redlined the 2nd gear, pushed it into some corners, and completed 1000kms with the first service done at home. 3rd Suzuki in my garage and the best one so far.
Attached Thumbnails
2021 Suzuki Hayabusa launched at Rs. 16.40 lakh-pxl_20220802_012353837.jpg  

Last edited by iron.head : 4th August 2022 at 13:41.
iron.head is offline   (12) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks