Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports

Search this Thread
Old 12th September 2021, 13:29   #61
BHPian

Re: 2021 Triumph Speed Twin teased, global unveil on June 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by shivasuma View Post
I got the quote today for the speed twin.

In this, I think RTO and registration charges are illegal. I think they are substituting the warehouse charges with this. The road tax is off by Rs1700. I don't know if taking RSA is worth it and don't know what's in the introkit. Insurance, I will get a quote from outside and ask them to match. I would appreciate if members can guide me here.
Did they clarify what is included in the RTO and registration charges? A few high-end brands offer a flatbed service to the RTO for inspection, instead of riding the motorcycle there. It does seem to be on the higher side here (probably marked up a margin for warehousing/handling charges) but not illegal per se. You should still be able to opt out of it.
Old 12th September 2021, 13:50   #62
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a_chelat View Post
Did they clarify what is included in the RTO and registration charges? A few high-end brands offer a flatbed service to the RTO for inspection, instead of riding the motorcycle there. It does seem to be on the higher side here (probably marked up a margin for warehousing/handling charges) but not illegal per se. You should still be able to opt out of it.
I was just told today that these are infact charges that the dealership incur to bring the bike from factory and to store it and that it cannot be waived, which the Supreme Court had said is illegal but looks like they don’t care. The RTO charge is probably the bribe they pay to the RTO. They asked me to cancel the booking if I cannot pay it. I am tired of everyone trying to rip us off starting from dealership to RTO to the govt (through fuel) . Will stop my rant now.
shivasuma is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 12th September 2021, 18:54   #63
BHPian

Quote:
I was just told today that these are infact charges that the dealership incur to bring the bike from factory and to store it and that it cannot be waived, which the Supreme Court had said is illegal but looks like they don’t care. The RTO charge is probably the bribe they pay to the RTO. They asked me to cancel the booking if I cannot pay it. I am tired of everyone trying to rip us off starting from dealership to RTO to the govt (through fuel) . Will stop my rant now.

I can relate, happens to me every time. I tell the dealer its illegal but they don't budge. They know the other dealers will also refuse to waive this off, so the only option we have left is to fight it legally. Because of the time and effort involved, the customer will just pay up and the cycle continues

Hope you get a good deal on the insurance to make up for this.
a_chelat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th September 2021, 09:59   #64
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I was just told today that these are infact charges that the dealership incur to bring the bike from factory and to store it and that it cannot be waived, which the Supreme Court had said is illegal but looks like they don’t care.
shivasuma, we must appreciate Keerthi Triumph (by far India's most famous, or is it infamous, either way, Triumph dealer) for their honesty. You should be glad that they are only charging you illegal handling fees on actuals. The list could be so much longer.

I wont be surprised if they start adding the following to the price breakup of each bike
- Petrol for each test ride - charged on actuals
- Tea / Coffee - charged on actuals. Sugar not included in pricing. That is an optional extra.
- Cake to be cut - Rs 500 (extra charges apply if you want Triumph logo or a special design)
- Ribbon on knife for cake cutting - Rs 15
- Red cloth to be placed above bike for unveiling - Rs 250
- Print of delivery photograph - Rs 100
- A4 sheets to print booking fee, delivery, gate pass receipts - Rs 10

(Needless to say, the above was mentioned in jest. This should not be taken as an invitation to the concerned parties, to include these line items in the inflated price breakups)

Quote:
They asked me to cancel the booking if I cannot pay it.
Triumph India really needs to step in and help their dealers improve the sales process and remove these illegal fees. The only thing that Keerthi had going for it was a good pre-sale and sale experience, now even that has gone out the window.
neil.jericho is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 14th September 2021, 11:32   #65
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neil.jericho View Post
You should be glad that they are only charging you illegal handling fees on actuals. The list could be so much longer.
@Neil, kudos to your wit. I tacked on a few more for fun.

1. Disinfectant spray on seat and handles + mask - Rs 50
2. Puja ceremony, garland, mantra and priest - Rs 200
3. Priest handling fee, prasad and miscellaneous - Rs 100
4. Social media - Insta, twitter, FB promotion - Rs 1,000
5. Fake cardboard key presented during purchase - Rs 500
6. First bike ignition on and revs in showroom - Rs 100 per rev

The mind boggles. Even the Delhi dealers sing praises of Keerthi for the wrong reasons. Their reputation spreads far and wide.
no_fear is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 14th September 2021, 12:03   #66
Senior - BHPian

Superb imagination Neil and no_fear! Hope your ideas don’t get picked up by the dealer fraternity

Dealer sales = necessary evil, not worth bothering about, keep it in the short term memory section of the brain and delete once out of the place. You have to pay what you have to pay, it is what it is. Do it, crib about it, forget it and hopefully have a fabulous relationship with your vehicle and the service team which is what it’s all about in the long term.

Cheers
Cyborg is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 14th September 2021, 16:28   #67
Senior - BHPian

Any updates on the booking volumes? I would be curious to know if the Speed Twin has been able to carve a niche in this market. To me, this looks like a bike that falls in no mans land
Old 14th September 2021, 19:37   #68
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neil.jericho View Post
shivasuma, we must appreciate Keerthi Triumph (by far India's most famous, or is it infamous, either way, Triumph dealer) for their honesty. You should be glad that they are only charging you illegal handling fees on actuals. The list could be so much longer.

I wont be surprised if they start adding the following to the price breakup of each bike
- Petrol for each test ride - charged on actuals
- Tea / Coffee - charged on actuals. Sugar not included in pricing. That is an optional extra.
- Cake to be cut - Rs 500 (extra charges apply if you want Triumph logo or a special design)
- Ribbon on knife for cake cutting - Rs 15
- Red cloth to be placed above bike for unveiling - Rs 250
- Print of delivery photograph - Rs 100
- A4 sheets to print booking fee, delivery, gate pass receipts - Rs 10

(Needless to say, the above was mentioned in jest. This should not be taken as an invitation to the concerned parties, to include these line items in the inflated price breakups)

Triumph India really needs to step in and help their dealers improve the sales process and remove these illegal fees. The only thing that Keerthi had going for it was a good pre-sale and sale experience, now even that has gone out the window.
To be fair, the sales advisor has been good. The problem is with the management who refuse to waive any of these illegal charges. They say "people have asked earlier too and we have not waived them". I was told they have had pretty good response to the bike, though selling 4 bikes they have received should not be an issue. For now, I have held on to my booking but changed the color to Red Hopper which is expected to be available in the next batch which is due in November. I am also looking at BMW RnineT though I am not sure it is as comfortable as the speed twin for the pillion. Will have a look at that and decide.

Last edited by shivasuma : 14th September 2021 at 19:38.
shivasuma is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th September 2021, 20:51   #69
BHPian

After a lot of dilly dallying, I finally took the plunge and made the payment for a Red speed twin. I will be taking delivery sometime next week, hopefully on 8th. Overall, the experience with the salesperson was fine but Keerthi management is out to charge for every damn thing as mentioned by others. I hope the after sales will be atleast ok. The bikes are in the showroom and a test ride is available. The first batch of 4 bikes are sold and they received another batch last week (one of which is mine). I opted for some accessories like dresser bar, engine protection, sump guard and fork protectors (not sure I need these but still went ahead). Might look for a better seat further down the line. Any recommendations on helmets ( need 2 of them and budget is 10K each)?
shivasuma is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 30th September 2021, 10:06   #70
BHPian

Quote:
After a lot of dilly dallying, I finally took the plunge and made the payment for a Red speed twin. I will be taking delivery sometime next week, hopefully on 8th. Overall, the experience with the salesperson was fine but Keerthi management is out to charge for every damn thing as mentioned by others. I hope the after sales will be atleast ok. The bikes are in the showroom and a test ride is available. The first batch of 4 bikes are sold and they received another batch last week (one of which is mine). I opted for some accessories like dresser bar, engine protection, sump guard and fork protectors (not sure I need these but still went ahead). Might look for a better seat further down the line. Any recommendations on helmets ( need 2 of them and budget is 10K each)?
Congratulations! Please share your delivery experience when you have it Just out of curiosity, why did you decide against the R Nine T? Asking as not many people have it in their sights in the first place. I love everything about it but find the price (and BMW maintenance ) prohibitive
mpulztrack3r is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 30th September 2021, 11:47   #71
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpulztrack3r View Post
Congratulations! Please share your delivery experience when you have it Just out of curiosity, why did you decide against the R Nine T? Asking as not many people have it in their sights in the first place. I love everything about it but find the price (and BMW maintenance ) prohibitive
The pricing was the main criteria. The scrambler was 6L+ more than the speed twin and the regular Rnine T was 8L+. I also found the looks and everything about it desirable but did not want to spend so much on a bike. Plus the triumph had a nostalgia factor (my dad had one).
shivasuma is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th September 2021, 16:10   #72
BHPian

Quote:
I hope the after sales will be atleast ok.
I strongly suggest you to look for an alternate Svc if you want your bike to stay in good condition.
shan_ned is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st October 2021, 10:58   #73
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Congratulations on the new Speed Twin. Do share pictures from the delivery and hope that you will be able to share an ownership thread on this lovley bike. Based on the recent experience shared by a fellow TBHPian in Bangalore, do check that the accessories are available in the store before you pay for them. Or else the dealership will sit on your money and later claim that it isnt in stock.

As for after sales and service, well, lets just say that you might have to recalibrate your expectations.

The good news is that you have experienced the best that Keerthi Triumph has to offer. The bad news is that, you have already experienced the best that Keerthi Triumph has to offer. Please be careful during services and check that everything is in order.

On the last question of helmets, there is a ton of information on our Helmets thread, you can get all the information and more, over there.
neil.jericho is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 1st October 2021, 11:09   #74
BHPian

Quote:
Congratulations

For helmets, you could check with Lets Gear Up in HSR Layout. They are really nice folks and usually don't try to sell something that doesn't suit your needs. Rakesh will also help you decide if you are confused. Haven't looked at their website of late, but usually they have good options.

https://letsgearup.in/

I am not affiliated with them in any way, just a happy customer.
a_chelat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd October 2021, 12:37   #75
Senior - BHPian

Clicked it a few mins back. Good road presence

2021 Triumph Speed Twin teased, global unveil on June 1-6da760a982724db8a7df0256aaed635d.jpeg

2021 Triumph Speed Twin teased, global unveil on June 1-7bb32097342d46c4b47bc835dd6d63ba.jpeg
SnS_12 is offline   (5) Thanks

Most Viewed