Old 11th June 2021, 21:37   #31
//M
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: My Ducati Panigale V4S - Bad to the bone

Quote:
Originally Posted by no_fear View Post
@ M

No, that's the full system.

The winglets + shark gills means that's the 2020 V4S model. Was it the ISBK last year in Sep or Oct at Buddh?

If the bike is from Pune, it could have been modded by Ducati Legacy, the Pune Dealer. I am just guessing here.

I see another V4 in the background, behind the V4S.
This was in March 2021 ISBK trackday at BIC. I mistook the Pune motorcycle for this but that one had a Termignoni exhaust, this didn't have any plates on so not sure where is this from.

There were plenty of V4s, atleast a dozen !
//M is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th June 2021, 22:03   #32
BHPian

Re: My 2019 Ducati V4S - the cure to everyday monotony

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedTerrano View Post
Any chance of a video? Would absolutely love to hear the beast growl.
@ RedTerrano

I made some very basic mobile phone videos. Apologies for the juvenile attempt, but I am not an Insta influencer, so for now this will have to do. I will try to do better video editing next time.

The 3rd video is in my apartment parking garage. The car alarms started going off when I revved my bike, so I departed quickly in shame.

Quote:
Originally Posted by //M View Post
This was in March 2021 ISBK trackday at BIC. I mistook the Pune motorcycle for this but that one had a Termignoni exhaust, this didn't have any plates on so not sure where is this from.

There were plenty of V4s, atleast a dozen !
@M - do you have any pics of the one with the Termi exhaust. I would love to see it. The Uscite exhaust is quite a novelty item.
no_fear is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 11th June 2021, 22:13   #33
//M
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: My 2019 Ducati V4S - the cure to everyday monotony

Quote:
@M - do you have any pics of the one with the Termi exhaust. I would love to see it. The Uscite exhaust is quite a novelty item.
Here you go

My Ducati Panigale V4S - Bad to the bone-img_20210313_09254301.jpeg

My Ducati Panigale V4S - Bad to the bone-img_20210313_09255101.jpeg

My Ducati Panigale V4S - Bad to the bone-dsc_005601.jpeg

My Ducati Panigale V4S - Bad to the bone-dsc_006001.jpeg
//M is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 11th June 2021, 22:20   #34
BHPian

@M,

Yep, I guessed right. Its the Pune Ducati (Ducati Legacy) dealer's bike. I heard about it before. Awesome pics and drool worthy.

The 4Uscite exhaust system is not street legal as it does not meet emission standards. It can only be used on racetrack.

Funny enough, the Akra is literally twice the price of the Uscite.
no_fear is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th June 2021, 22:29   #35
BHPian

Congratulations on your latest TOY.
What a stellar writeup! Your garage is super impressive. The roar your beasts might spew out if revved together in unison is just beyond imagination, phew! Owner's pride, neighbour's envy for sure . Have a rip-roaring good time with your bikes and wish you plenty more additions to your super(duper)bike garage.
Emvi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th June 2021, 22:48   #36
BHPian

@ Mods - can you please merge this post with my post # 32.

I received a short promotion video that was made by the staff of Hoonigan Motorsports @ Gurgaon. They were not involved in my purchase of the bike but wanted to promote their store, so I let them use my bike to create the video.

Since I am a lousy video maker - perhaps this video can show the V4S at a better angle.

no_fear is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 12th June 2021, 10:10   #37
BHPian

Quote:
I used to be very open about the fact that as much as I loved the way Ducatis looked, I was not a fan of how they sounded at all. But over the past few months, I am finding myself liking it more and more each time I hear a Duc. I hope this is not a sign of trouble for me.

Lovely videos btw!

Quote:
Originally Posted by //M View Post
Might be a controversial opinion but just like how Akra is to Yamaha for Ducati nothing fits best than a Termi. Though I must say I don't agree with a few exhaust designs they came up with for the older L-twin models, specially the one with the exhaust outlet towards the front of the bike everything else has been mega! I think Termis looked best with the pre-Panigale models. And they have made a comeback with the V4 system.

I had seen a bike in TN which had this system in place and just was marveling at the beauty of it. The same guy I think got a V4 Superleggera kit for his V4 too, that did not end too well if you ask me but the exhaust system is pure beauty.

@no_fear I was wondering, for bikes with multiple exhaust outlets does the emission norms get detected properly? In my bike since there are 2 end cans, I have always wondered about it. With the Termi system, it is 3/4.
This could be a stupid question but I don't know how exactly these PUC machines we have here work.

Cheers
Krishna
krishnaprasadgg is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th June 2021, 16:13   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by krishnaprasadgg View Post
I I hope this is not a sign of trouble for me. :

I had seen a bike in TN which had this system in place and just was marveling at the beauty of it. The same guy I think got a V4 Superleggera kit for his V4 too, that did not end too well if you ask me but the exhaust system is pure beauty.
@Krishna

The gods have spoken - you may soon end up having a Ducati.

The TN bike, the Superleggera kit - are you referring to the fairing / body kit and decal? Also what did not end too well - did the owner have issues with the bike? Does this TN bike also have the 4Uscite system that M showed in the above pics.

Sorry - too many questions, but would love to hear more of this.

In terms of the whole Akra / Termi, I have the same feelings as you. I always associated Termi with Ducati and Akra with Yamaha. The 1199 was the first one to have Akra and now Termi has taken a backstep.

With regards to the emissions check, I have 0 clue. I thought exhausts emitted are just checked from one end pipe. They do the same for cars. I know for some cars with dual exhausts, the 2nd exhaust is often a dummy.

Maybe car owners / other bike owners can shed light on this subject.
no_fear is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th June 2021, 16:28   #39
BHPian

Quote:
@Krishna

The gods have spoken - you may soon end up having a Ducati.

Stranger things have happened. Let's see where things lead to.

Quote:
The TN bike, the Superleggera kit - are you referring to the fairing / body kit and decal? Also what did not end too well - did the owner have issues with the bike? Does this TN bike also have the 4Uscite system that M showed in the above pics.

In terms of the whole Akra / Termi, I have the same feelings as you. I always associated Termi with Ducati and Akra with Yamaha. The 1199 was the first one to have Akra and now Termi has taken a backstep.

Ah, I should have been more clear. I meant that he went for the full Superleggera wings kit. I am not sure if the fairing was changed too. He already used to run the same Termi system exhaust and it looked and sounded killer.

While I did feel that the Superleggera(the original one) looks drop-dead gorgeous in the photos and videos. Somehow the kit on his bike seems a bit out of proportion to me(in his videos, looks ok in photos). That's what I meant to say, no offense to the owner.

I'll share a few pics from his insta id here. Since it's an open profile I am not masking out the id. Hope he doesn't mind.

My Ducati Panigale V4S - Bad to the bone-img_2955.jpeg

My Ducati Panigale V4S - Bad to the bone-img_2956.jpeg

My Ducati Panigale V4S - Bad to the bone-img_2957.jpeg

My Ducati Panigale V4S - Bad to the bone-img_2959.jpeg

My Ducati Panigale V4S - Bad to the bone-img_2960.jpeg

Cheers
Krishna

Last edited by krishnaprasadgg : 12th June 2021 at 16:30.
krishnaprasadgg is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 12th June 2021, 16:42   #40
Distinguished - BHPian

Im rather late to this party. What a thread! I just love all the new ownership threads in the two wheeler section of the forum. From 100 cc bikes to 1100 cc bikes, we are getting more fantastic content and ownership experiences.

I dont particularly like the styling of this generation of the Panigales to be honest. I felt like it was an Asian imitation of a Ducati, rather than an actual Ducati. The previous generation's Panigale looked a whole lot better. But there is no denying that the V4 is a very competent motorcycle that is at the top, or near the top, of the best of the best. And the kit that you got is absolutely fantastic.

With all due respect to the Ducati V4S, the best part is that you havent even got to the tastier bikes in your garage yet. I hope you get time to pen down your experiences with the MVs. They are such gorgeous bikes but have such a terrible reputation in India. Im almost afraid to ask, do you have any more bikes on your wishlist to add to your garage? I could spend a whole day just walking around your bikes and admiring them.
neil.jericho is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th June 2021, 16:50   #41
BHPian

Fantastic pics Krishna. I am sure the owner won't mind. We are all here to ogle and admire these beauties.

The owner has spent a boatload on his V4. Would love to see this bike in person.

Yes he put the Superleggera fairings on his bike. Fantastic job. I am very jealous now... hahahahaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by neil.jericho View Post
Im rather late to this party.
@Neil - brother where were you hiding? I was expecting to see your posts the first !!!!

Wr.t to the styling you are not the only one. When I saw the bike in pics, I was not too convinced. I saw the V2 first before the V4 and then changed my mind. In person, the bikes look much better.

I will spend some time to pen down my experience with the MVs. Both of them, I promise. But first I will publish one on the 1199 as that is more of a teardown and build up than a review. That bike backstory has more drama and suspense than any Bollywood blockbuster.

I have a few more bikes that I want to add, but I have run out of space to park.

Last edited by no_fear : 12th June 2021 at 16:57.
no_fear is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 16th June 2021, 22:04   #42
BHPian

Absolutely salivating over that beautiful collection you have. What is your take on the MVesque New Ducati Monster? Congratulations on the V4! I remember visiting a Ducati dealer t ocheckout the XDiavel in Cochin and being absolutely smitten by the V4. What a beauty.
Wishing you years of happy miles ahead. Ride Safe!
Maverick_4662 is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 16th June 2021, 23:22   #43
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Wr.t to the styling you are not the only one. When I saw the bike in pics, I was not too convinced. I saw the V2 first before the V4 and then changed my mind. In person, the bikes look much better.
What you need on the V4 is a bit of sticker work, atleast get the Ducati Corse sticker. It is too barebone right now with those huge red fairings, sporting just a small V4 sticker.

Something like this might be a good idea, but then obviously this is a personal choice.

My Ducati Panigale V4S - Bad to the bone-vulturbikeducatipanigalev4minimaldecalstickerkit7.jpg

Last edited by AtheK : 16th June 2021 at 23:45.
AtheK is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 17th June 2021, 14:36   #44
BHPian

Quote:
Long story short, I slowly built up my collection and ended up with the MV F4RR, the 1198SP, the Brutale 1090RR and finally the 1199R. ...
Now thats a very enviable garage and congrats on your new addition. May your garage continue to grow with more exotics. But pray tell me, how do you make up your mind on which bike to ride? I for one cannot handle choices and will go mad trying to decide. Tell me how you do it, or do you stay up all night before the ride trying to make up your mind? I know I would

Quote:
Originally Posted by krishnaprasadgg View Post
... I was not a fan of how they sounded at all. But over the past few months, I am finding myself liking it more and more each time I hear a Duc...
Saar, if you haven't already, please take a test ride of any L-twin and redline it in the second and third gear, trust me, that raw guttural sensation cant be matched with any other configuration. I still think inline 4s and triples sound good when they are passing by on full chat, but when on the bike for raw emotion nothing comes close. There is a reason Ducati stuck with that config and were forced to make the V4 sound as close to the L-Twin. The only cure for you now is to listen to your heart and take the plunge. Congrats in advance

Last edited by deepfreak15 : 17th June 2021 at 14:48.
deepfreak15 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 17th June 2021, 20:30   #45
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick_4662 View Post
What is your take on the MVesque New Ducati Monster?
Hi Maverick, thank you very much for the wishes. I haven’t tried out the new Monster. I test rode the 797 2019 model, and was not too impressed. I felt it was very underpowered. I love the trellis frame, so the lack of it in the new model sort of takes away the identity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepfreak15 View Post
Now thats a very enviable garage and congrats on your new addition.But pray tell me, how do you make up your mind on which bike to ride? I for one cannot handle choices and will go mad trying to decide.
Deepfreak, thanks a lot. I actually have a schedule. I ride the bike which needs its battery to be charged the most urgently. The most fun bike is the 1198SP so I often end up riding that the most.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtheK View Post
What you need on the V4 is a bit of sticker work, atleast get the Ducati Corse sticker. It is too barebone right now with those huge red fairings, sporting just a small V4 sticker.
I fully agree with you. It looks bare. I have been looking at some ideas, but got a bit busy with other stuff. I saw some of the stickers at Vulture Bike. I like the 2018 1299 FE color scheme which Vulture Bike carries. The one that you attached is the "minimalist" style. I laughed at the sticker name - minimal and Ducati don't go hand in hand.

My older brother suggested I adopt the GP 2018 color scheme. He owns a fully kitted out race spec 2016 1299S in Singapore and got the race fairings. He also has the original + Ducati Corse fairings but keeps using the GP fairings. I attached his bike pics as reference. He is a bit OTT and went extreme. I won't be using his template, but I am still exploring what is out there.

BTW - he uses the handle bar mirrors. Has the OEM mirrors, but they don't fold so he got rid of them.

My Ducati Panigale V4S - Bad to the bone-ducati-1299s-side.jpeg

My Ducati Panigale V4S - Bad to the bone-1299-front.jpeg

My Ducati Panigale V4S - Bad to the bone-1299-side.jpeg

Last edited by no_fear : 17th June 2021 at 20:37.
no_fear is offline   (11) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks