Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports

Old 25th June 2021, 15:48   #31
BHPian

Default Re: Dreams do come true | My 2010 Yamaha R1

Congratulations Rachit. That's one of my favorite color schemes, (after reading the comments, seems it's the favorite of most) way better than black either. The 650 you had should have tamed you well for this lunacity that you have under your legs. Be extremely cautious with this one, this does have a tendency to make the rider carried away at scenarios that you least expect, and it BITES back hard with no mercy. Do keep us entertained, suo moto.

And here's a humble one from my side. If there is one bike that doesn't make me want to upgrade, that would be this humble gem. I still feel I haven't yet used this machine to its full potential, and every day, is just like the first day. Being a total sucker for this color scheme, shame Yamaha couldn't deliver these days.

Edit: TBHP stickers do add swag.

Dreams do come true | My 2010 Yamaha R1-img_20201025_145602.jpg

Cheers!
VJ

Last edited by VijayAnand1 : 25th June 2021 at 15:52.
VijayAnand1 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 25th June 2021, 23:31   #32
BHPian

Default Re: Dreams do come true | My 2010 Yamaha R1

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMN View Post
Congrats! Unlike some of the Japanese bikes from this era, the R1 still looks fantastic even today. Its a beast, if you can tame it while pushing it, then you can ride any superbike with ease
Thank you so much!! I do want to spend the time and effort in getting better with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VijayAnand1 View Post
Congratulations Rachit. That's one of my favorite color schemes, (after reading the comments, seems it's the favorite of most) way better than black either. The 650 you had should have tamed you well for this lunacity that you have under your legs.

And here's a humble one from my side. If there is one bike that doesn't make me want to upgrade, that would be this humble gem. I still feel I haven't yet used this machine to its full potential, and every day, is just like the first day.

Cheers!
VJ
Thank you so much VJ!!
Like most middle class Indians I used to think that I will get just 1 shot at buying a big bike and I might as well try and straight away go for the biggest prize (Litre Class). I used to read suggestions on internet on upgrading gradually, but I felt I will get only 1 shot and I should go for the big one. I couldn't because of financial reasons but now I also firmly believe that one should upgrade gradually.

The 650 taught me so much about owning and the maintenance of big bikes. It helped me build reflexes and develop skills and comfort with the significant big jump in performance. Most important of all it makes you learn throttle modulation and the discipline to be within your limits. I would say all these things are crucial and help a lot before one jumps to a litre class.

That is a lovely bike you have their friend. One of the finest handling bikes and a well ridden one on narrow twisty roads will still be hard to catch. I need to add some Tbhp stickers on the R1 too.

CHEERS!!
Rachit

Most Viewed