Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports

Search this Thread
Old 20th July 2021, 12:02   #76
BHPian

Re: My MV Agusta F4RR - Ownership Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by //M View Post
You might be already aware that there is another MV Agusta F4 for sale with NS.One guys. I saw the F4 on display earlier today.

[She's a stunner.
LOL - That bike was fixed by my FNG.

I can give you the history straight up on this bike.

Its out of state (GJ plate). I know the original owner very well. The bike was put up for sale last year in Feb 2020. Its a clean bike. It was sold to someone in Delhi, but before the sale concluded, the owner of NS One took the bike out for riding and low sided it. (You can see previous sale post of the bike on NS One FB page - scroll to Feb 2020)

Side + front Fairings, handle bar ends, mirrors - these parts got damaged. The bike sat with my FNG for past 1 year waiting for parts to be fixed.

Total damage was 6 lacs. It has been recently fixed and put up for sale.

Asking price is Rs 15 lacs, which is way too high, given its prior accident history.
no_fear is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 20th July 2021, 14:25   #77
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by no_fear View Post
Total damage was 6 lacs. It has been recently fixed and put up for sale.
When it comes to discussing damages 6 lacs seems to be your sweet spot

Quote:
Asking price is Rs 15 lacs, which is way too high, given its prior accident history.
At least they are transparent about the accident history. And even at the price he would still be incurring a loss as for him to even breakeven the purchase price of the bike to him would have to be 9 lacs.

That is why the saying never eat your own cake.
SnS_12 is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 20th July 2021, 14:41   #78
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnS_12 View Post
When it comes to discussing damages 6 lacs seems to be your sweet spot

At least they are transparent about the accident history.......breakeven the purchase price of the bike to him would have to be 9 lacs.
hahahha dil pe maara tumne..

I need to get a jhaad phook baba to get rid of this number 6 ka chakkar.

In regards to the accident history, they didn't mention anything. Officially the bike is not on sale yet, so whatever I mentioned in my post is information I got first hand.

I think the NS one purchase price was 10 - 11 lacs. He initially sold the bike for 13 before the accident. So its difficult to ask for 15, when last year price was 13.

NS One has to sell the bike for a loss. At current asking price, no one will buy it, when you can get a brand new ZX 10R or Busa for a few Rs more. And given the disappearing act by MV and MotoRoyale, whoever buys this bike really needs to know about MVs and is willing to take the risks.
no_fear is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th July 2021, 15:21   #79
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
In regards to the accident history, they didn't mention anything. Officially the bike is not on sale yet, so whatever I mentioned in my post is information I got first hand.
Haha. I guess Delhi dealers will send some gifts for Diwali at this rate to zip up

Quote:
I think the NS one purchase price was 10 - 11 lacs. He initially sold the bike for 13 before the accident. So its difficult to ask for 15, when last year price was 13.

NS One has to sell the bike for a loss. At current asking price, no one will buy it, when you can get a brand new ZX 10R or Busa for a few Rs more. And given the disappearing act by MV and MotoRoyale, whoever buys this bike really needs to know about MVs and is willing to take the risks.
For NS One its 18 months of interest money lost on the amount invested in this bike plus the accident bill. But despite all this instead of getting it off his books as quickly as possible if he is brave enough to quote a higher price from last year would mean he is very hopeful of receiving his asking price.

All he needs is one individual who might just look at cost of Italian bikes currently and consider these piece of art is coming my way at 50% cost or the one who gets influenced my Instagram/Facebook posts, views and likes...

Finally, most important of all one who doesn't read your informative threads/posts
SnS_12 is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 20th July 2021, 18:14   #80
BHPian

Loving the new boost in the forum with ownership threads of these beauties!! Keep em coming boys!

I need to sit down and pen down 2 ownership threads myself.
Nothing as exotic as these Italians though.
wolfy is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2021, 21:31   #81
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
If you come across this bike, pls be warned. The current dealer is extremely shady person, who hides all these details and keeps saying that the bike is clean and in good condition. He does not allow any test rides but then gives it to his friends to make YT videos and Insta to promote the bike.
The dealer found his prey and has been sold to I guess an unaware customer who doesn’t know what he has got himself into..

My MV Agusta F4RR - Ownership Review-c4e085ff51c5496e95eb5b00fdfea7c5.jpeg
SnS_12 is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2021, 21:49   #82
Distinguished - BHPian

Now I just hope he does not end up seeing this thread, buyer remorse will be sky high and he would never be able to enjoy the bike.

Ignorance is bliss for him.
AtheK is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2021, 22:01   #83
BHPian

Quote:
The dealer found his prey and has been sold
I saw the same today. No comments. Let's wait and watch. 6 months later it will be back on sale.

There are only 2 F4s in Kolkata. One is an F4R, but I have not heard about it for a while, and the other is this KA registered F4.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtheK View Post
Now I just hope he does not end up seeing this thread
I highly doubt it matters. A quick google check pops up enough negative customer reviews. As the Latin phrase goes, caveat emptor. The current buyer must be aware of what the shop is and how the owner operates.

My MV Agusta F4RR - Ownership Review-screenshot-20210724-003323.jpg

Last edited by no_fear : 23rd July 2021 at 22:08.
no_fear is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2021, 22:15   #84
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Now I just hope he does not end up seeing this thread, buyer remorse will be sky high and he would never be able to enjoy the bike.
Buying a used MV in India from a dealer without even taking a test ride is DISASTER written all over it..

Quote:
I saw the same today. No comments. Let's wait and watch. 6 months later it will be back on sale.
The only person who will witness ‘JOY’ post this sale is only the dealer..

My blood just boils looking at such shady people fooling innocent buyers to earn a quick buck. But then i just tell myself Karma is always watching and never forgets.
SnS_12 is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2021, 22:23   #85
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I highly doubt it matters. A quick google check pops up enough negative customer reviews. As the Latin phrase goes, caveat emptor. The current buyer must be aware of what the shop is and how the owner operates.
You are right, hopefully who ever got it is sitting on a stock pile of cash, for people like us who really save up, if we get served a lemon like this, it will be a lot of heartbreak.

Quote:
Buying a used MV in India from a dealer without even taking a test ride is DISASTER written all over it..

The only person who will witness ‘JOY’ post this sale is only the dealer..

My blood just boils looking at such shady people fooling innocent buyers to earn a quick buck. But then i just tell myself Karma is always watching and never forgets.
Well said, sometimes I really think how do these guys and others who so blatantly rip off customers, face themselves in the mirror.

@No_Fear I think your plan of starting your own pre owned business really need to be put in motion, I call dibs for post of sales manager or at least a senior sales guy!!
Old 23rd July 2021, 22:30   #86
BHPian

Quote:
My blood just boils looking at such shady people fooling innocent buyers to earn a quick buck.
@Sachin

Mate, for every good story, there are 100s of stories where customers got duped. I have also been duped before. Below is my story....

The Ducati 1199R for which I did a complete engine rebuild (finally completed and I will post a story on it), the previous owner(s) had crashed the bike at the Buddh circuit. When he repaired the bike, 80% of the screws and bolts for the engine were not OEM parts and were not threaded and torqued correctly. The bike had major leaks and engine issues due to that. I had to source all the original bolts and screws myself from Ducati Ahmedabad. Cost me Rs 20,000 just for bolts - each bolt is Rs 250.

No one knew the previous owner did this ghaafla. How can you even find out such a thing. I had the bike checked by Ducati Bangalore service tech and they gave it a clean bill of health before I bought it!!!!. You have to open the engine casing and headers before you find such an issue. The 20k I deducted from the owner - that is a different story and I will talk about it in detail on the 1199R thread I publish.

Quote:
@No_Fear I think your plan of starting your own pre owned business really need to be put in motion, I call dibs for post of sales manager or at least a senior sales guy!!
I am going to launch my own pre-owned motorbike sales company. I posted that comment as a joke, but then thought about it, and after much deliberation I realized I can do it. I have enough sources and knowledge to at least get good bikes and sell them in an open and truthful manner. Had a meeting today with my CA and since I already have my own company, just need to get some formalities figured out.

If you guys know of good / clean bikes and trustworthy owners, I will definitely connect with you and can figure out some way to compensate you for successful leads. Give me a few months. I should have something up and ready well before Diwali.

Last edited by no_fear : 23rd July 2021 at 22:42.
no_fear is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2021, 23:04   #87
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I am going to launch my own pre-owned motorbike sales company. I posted that comment as a joke, but then thought about it, and after much deliberation I realized I can do it. I have enough sources and knowledge to at least get good bikes and sell them in an open and truthful manner. Had a meeting today with my CA and since I already have my own company, just need to get some formalities figured out.

If you guys know of good / clean bikes and trustworthy owners, I will definitely connect with you and can figure out some way to compensate you for successful leads. Give me a few months. I should have something up and ready well before Diwali.
Music to my ears mate, lots of potential, I was discussing something similar with a friend of mine, just before the pandemic, and did a small presentation too. We thought of even looking for an investor, but then when you have a job, it is so tough to risk it all and start from zilch. The pandemic then ended all the plans altogether.

Great to hear that you are planning to go ahead with it, I would love to be a part of it in some capacity, if any such opportunity exists in future.
Old 23rd July 2021, 23:10   #88
BHPian

Quote:
We thought of even looking for an investor, but then when you have a job, it is so tough to risk it all and start from zilch. The pandemic then ended all the plans altogether.
............I would love to be a part of it in some capacity, if any such opportunity exists in future.
The pandemic ended 90% of my business and forced me to take on a corporate job to keep the income coming. But yes, why not. There are more bikes in Blore than rest of India and I am sure something can be worked out. I will connect with you and discuss a bit more later this week.
no_fear is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 24th July 2021, 14:27   #89
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Brilliant

Looks like I am going to develop a drinking problem at this rate

Once you're up and running and if you find a well maintained CB 400 (FI preferably) then send it my way.

All the best...
SnS_12 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 26th July 2021, 12:34   #90
BHPian

Quote:
Brilliant

Looks like I am going to develop a drinking problem at this rate

Once you're up and running and if you find a well maintained CB 400 (FI preferably) then send it my way.

All the best...
Make that 2 CB 400s please!

Arya- all the best for the shop as and when you plan to open it and I will support it in any way that I can.

Cheers
Rohan
RohanDheman is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed