Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th July 2021, 21:06   #16
BHPian

Beaky flies to Rajasthan via Uttarakhand - A Travelogue on my V-Strom 650XT

Day 12: 09.Feb.2021 – Delhi

We woke bit late and by 9:00 am we were ready to visit the monuments of New Delhi.

Lobby of the hotel
Beaky flies to Rajasthan via Uttarakhand - A Travelogue on my Suzuki V-Strom 650 XT-img_80051.jpg

Lobby of the hotel
Beaky flies to Rajasthan via Uttarakhand - A Travelogue on my Suzuki V-Strom 650 XT-img_0353_54.jpg

Metro Station
Beaky flies to Rajasthan via Uttarakhand - A Travelogue on my Suzuki V-Strom 650 XT-img_80151.jpg

After our light breakfast we reached our first destination Qutb minar.

Entrance
Beaky flies to Rajasthan via Uttarakhand - A Travelogue on my Suzuki V-Strom 650 XT-14.jpg

Qutb Minar
Beaky flies to Rajasthan via Uttarakhand - A Travelogue on my Suzuki V-Strom 650 XT-01.jpg

Qutb Minar
Beaky flies to Rajasthan via Uttarakhand - A Travelogue on my Suzuki V-Strom 650 XT-02.jpg

Different captures of Minar
Beaky flies to Rajasthan via Uttarakhand - A Travelogue on my Suzuki V-Strom 650 XT-03.jpg

Beaky flies to Rajasthan via Uttarakhand - A Travelogue on my Suzuki V-Strom 650 XT-04.jpg

Beaky flies to Rajasthan via Uttarakhand - A Travelogue on my Suzuki V-Strom 650 XT-05.jpg

Beaky flies to Rajasthan via Uttarakhand - A Travelogue on my Suzuki V-Strom 650 XT-06.jpg

Beaky flies to Rajasthan via Uttarakhand - A Travelogue on my Suzuki V-Strom 650 XT-07.jpg

Beaky flies to Rajasthan via Uttarakhand - A Travelogue on my Suzuki V-Strom 650 XT-06a.jpg

Intrinsic artwork on stone
Beaky flies to Rajasthan via Uttarakhand - A Travelogue on my Suzuki V-Strom 650 XT-08.jpg

Intrinsic artwork on stone
Beaky flies to Rajasthan via Uttarakhand - A Travelogue on my Suzuki V-Strom 650 XT-13.jpg

Iron Pillar - Not much rust in last 1600 years, whereas my 5 Year old Honda City shows signs of rust and not mention about my previous RE TB500 which showed signs of rusting in 1600 minutes
Beaky flies to Rajasthan via Uttarakhand - A Travelogue on my Suzuki V-Strom 650 XT-09.jpg

Iron Pillar
Beaky flies to Rajasthan via Uttarakhand - A Travelogue on my Suzuki V-Strom 650 XT-10.jpg

Beaky flies to Rajasthan via Uttarakhand - A Travelogue on my Suzuki V-Strom 650 XT-11.jpg

Beaky flies to Rajasthan via Uttarakhand - A Travelogue on my Suzuki V-Strom 650 XT-12.jpg

Spent sometime at qutb minar and from there we decided to go to lotus temple but before that we decided to have some south Indian lunch which had it at Saravana Bhavan in “Select CityWalk” mall and enjoyed South Indian coffee (filter coffee).

Destination: New Delhi
Route: NA
Distance: None
Cumulative Distance: 3227 Kilometers
Fuel Consumed: NA
Cost of Fuel: NA
Start Time: 09:00AM
End Time: 10:30 PM
Total Hours on Road: 13+ Hours
Hotel: Piccadily Hotel New Delhi, Centre Complex, Janakpuri District Center, Janakpuri, New Delhi, Delhi 110058
Longitude: 77.078653
Latitude: 28.629363
Elevation: 150 Meters
Rating: Dilapidated hotel or should I say disrepair. But rooms are quite big, the service is horrible, food cannot be talked about. The renovation was going on

Last edited by kozhissery : 24th July 2021 at 22:26.
kozhissery is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 10th July 2021, 23:57   #17
BHPian

Day 12: 09.Feb.2021 – Delhi (Continued)

Lotus temple was crowded so we covered it pretty fast and by keeping good distance from the crowded place due to Covid scare.

History of Lotus Temple
Beaky flies to Rajasthan via Uttarakhand - A Travelogue on my Suzuki V-Strom 650 XT-img_8291.jpg

The religion
Beaky flies to Rajasthan via Uttarakhand - A Travelogue on my Suzuki V-Strom 650 XT-02.jpg

Lotus Temple
Beaky flies to Rajasthan via Uttarakhand - A Travelogue on my Suzuki V-Strom 650 XT-03.jpg

Lotus Temple
Beaky flies to Rajasthan via Uttarakhand - A Travelogue on my Suzuki V-Strom 650 XT-04.jpg

Lotus Temple
Beaky flies to Rajasthan via Uttarakhand - A Travelogue on my Suzuki V-Strom 650 XT-05.jpg

Lotus Temple
Beaky flies to Rajasthan via Uttarakhand - A Travelogue on my Suzuki V-Strom 650 XT-06.jpg

Lotus Temple
Beaky flies to Rajasthan via Uttarakhand - A Travelogue on my Suzuki V-Strom 650 XT-07.jpg

Lotus Temple
Beaky flies to Rajasthan via Uttarakhand - A Travelogue on my Suzuki V-Strom 650 XT-08.jpg

Lotus Temple
Beaky flies to Rajasthan via Uttarakhand - A Travelogue on my Suzuki V-Strom 650 XT-09.jpg

Lotus Temple
Beaky flies to Rajasthan via Uttarakhand - A Travelogue on my Suzuki V-Strom 650 XT-10.jpg

Lotus Temple
Beaky flies to Rajasthan via Uttarakhand - A Travelogue on my Suzuki V-Strom 650 XT-11.jpg

Lotus Temple
Beaky flies to Rajasthan via Uttarakhand - A Travelogue on my Suzuki V-Strom 650 XT-12.jpg

Next we moved to Humayun's tomb which was not at all crowded and we spent sometime there taking photos/enjoying the place.

Humayun's tomb
Beaky flies to Rajasthan via Uttarakhand - A Travelogue on my Suzuki V-Strom 650 XT-13.jpg

Lush green walkway to the tomb
Beaky flies to Rajasthan via Uttarakhand - A Travelogue on my Suzuki V-Strom 650 XT-14.jpg

Entrance
Beaky flies to Rajasthan via Uttarakhand - A Travelogue on my Suzuki V-Strom 650 XT-15.jpg

In blue
Beaky flies to Rajasthan via Uttarakhand - A Travelogue on my Suzuki V-Strom 650 XT-16.jpg

Majestic tomb
Beaky flies to Rajasthan via Uttarakhand - A Travelogue on my Suzuki V-Strom 650 XT-17.jpg

@Humayun's tomb
Beaky flies to Rajasthan via Uttarakhand - A Travelogue on my Suzuki V-Strom 650 XT-18.jpg

@Humayun's tomb
Beaky flies to Rajasthan via Uttarakhand - A Travelogue on my Suzuki V-Strom 650 XT-19.jpg

@Humayun's tomb
Beaky flies to Rajasthan via Uttarakhand - A Travelogue on my Suzuki V-Strom 650 XT-20.jpg

Pathway/staircase to the tomb
Beaky flies to Rajasthan via Uttarakhand - A Travelogue on my Suzuki V-Strom 650 XT-21.jpg

The tomb
Beaky flies to Rajasthan via Uttarakhand - A Travelogue on my Suzuki V-Strom 650 XT-22.jpg

Lovely work on stone
Beaky flies to Rajasthan via Uttarakhand - A Travelogue on my Suzuki V-Strom 650 XT-23.jpg

Lovely work on stone
Beaky flies to Rajasthan via Uttarakhand - A Travelogue on my Suzuki V-Strom 650 XT-24.jpg

@Humayun's tomb
Beaky flies to Rajasthan via Uttarakhand - A Travelogue on my Suzuki V-Strom 650 XT-25.jpg

@Humayun's tomb
Beaky flies to Rajasthan via Uttarakhand - A Travelogue on my Suzuki V-Strom 650 XT-26.jpg

@Humayun's tomb
Beaky flies to Rajasthan via Uttarakhand - A Travelogue on my Suzuki V-Strom 650 XT-27.jpg

@Humayun's tomb
Beaky flies to Rajasthan via Uttarakhand - A Travelogue on my Suzuki V-Strom 650 XT-28.jpg

@Humayun's tomb
Beaky flies to Rajasthan via Uttarakhand - A Travelogue on my Suzuki V-Strom 650 XT-29.jpg

Well maintained garden
Beaky flies to Rajasthan via Uttarakhand - A Travelogue on my Suzuki V-Strom 650 XT-30.jpg

After that we had a glimpse of Red Fort and decided to have some Jelebi from Old delhi and by the time we reached back the hotel it was past 10pm.

Hotel: Piccadily Hotel New Delhi, Centre Complex, Janakpuri District Center, Janakpuri, New Delhi, Delhi 110058
Rating: Dilapidated hotel or should I say disrepair. But rooms are quite big, the service is horrible, food cannot be talked about. The renovation was going on

Last edited by kozhissery : 24th July 2021 at 22:26.
kozhissery is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 11th July 2021, 22:48   #18
BHPian

Day 12: 09.Feb.2021 – Delhi (Continued)

Glimpse of Red Fort in the night.

Red Fort
Beaky flies to Rajasthan via Uttarakhand - A Travelogue on my Suzuki V-Strom 650 XT-00.jpg

Red Fort
Beaky flies to Rajasthan via Uttarakhand - A Travelogue on my Suzuki V-Strom 650 XT-01.jpg

Red Fort

Red Fort

How can you miss street foods in Delhi?

Too crowded

Top it up with some sweet
Beaky flies to Rajasthan via Uttarakhand - A Travelogue on my Suzuki V-Strom 650 XT-06a.jpg

Top it up with some sweet
By the time we reached back the hotel it was past 10pm.

Last edited by kozhissery : 24th July 2021 at 22:27.
kozhissery is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 11th July 2021, 23:06   #19
BHPian

Day 13: 10.Feb.2021 – Delhi to Rewari

Got up early in the morning and Ajay/me headed to get our respective bikes serviced which was adjacent to each other.

Not even 4K after the previous service
Beaky flies to Rajasthan via Uttarakhand - A Travelogue on my Suzuki V-Strom 650 XT-img_0477_1.jpg

Newly opened service station
Beaky flies to Rajasthan via Uttarakhand - A Travelogue on my Suzuki V-Strom 650 XT-img_0485_2.jpg

Newly opened service station
Beaky flies to Rajasthan via Uttarakhand - A Travelogue on my Suzuki V-Strom 650 XT-img_0490_4.jpg

I got my bike serviced by 2PM and returned back to the hotel as Ajay had to attend to a minor puncture too.

As our initial plans was to visit Uttarakhand, Lovelin wanted to change his brake pads after it at Delhi, so had ordered for a new set to be delivered at my cousin’s house at Rewari. By 5pm moved to Rewari which is about 90 kilometres from where we stayed, after taking some disastrous turn in-and-around Janakpuri which took more than 45 minutes searching for the highway. After that the ride was quite smooth till Rewari where again lost about 15 minutes searching for the apartment.

Nothing more for the day.

Destination: Rewari, Haryana
Route: Hotel – Service Station – Hotel - Rewari
Distance: 125 Kilometers
Cumulative Distance: 3352 Kilometers
Start Time: 17:10PM
End Time: 19:00 PM
Total Hours on Road: 2+ Hours
Hotel: Not applicable
Longitude: NA
Latitude:
NA
Elevation:
NA
Rating: NA

Last edited by kozhissery : 24th July 2021 at 22:28.
kozhissery is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 12th July 2021, 14:56   #20
BHPian

Day 14: 11.Feb.2021 – Rewari to Bikaner

The plan was to courier our winter clothes back home, which was done by Ajay/Lovelin. After that they started by 11:00 and I joined them at Jaipur highway near Rewari by 1:30pm.

Waiting for my buddies@Rewari

Waiting for my buddies@Rewari

As it was already late we decided to halt at Bikaner rather than riding all the way to Jaisalmer.

Random captures on the way to Bikaner

Dinner stop about 100 Kilometers from Bikaner

Even though the roads were very good, it felt scary as no lights, no vehicles, no persons were on the road and there were signboards warning about wild animals (leopard).

By 9:30 pm or so we reached Bikaner and after a quick shower hit the bed.

Destination: Bikaner, Rajasthan
Route: Rewari – Jaipur (Outskirts) – Sikar – Fathepur - Bikaner
Distance: 457 Kilometers
Cumulative Distance: 3809 Kilometers
Fuel Consumed: 23.45Liters
Cost of Fuel: Rs.2234.2/-
Start Time: 13:30PM
End Time: 10:00 PM
Total Hours on Road: 8:30 Hours
Hotel: Hotel Chirag, B-8, Sudarshana Nagar, Vallabh Garden, Bikaner, Rajasthan 334003
Longitude: 73.345350
Latitude: 27.991095
Elevation: 180 Meters
Rating: Hotel is OK, food is so so

Last edited by kozhissery : 24th July 2021 at 22:28.
Old 12th July 2021, 17:08   #21
BHPian

Day 15: 12.Feb.2021 – Bikaner to Jaisalmer (@Karni Matha Temple)

As this was an unplanned break at Bikaner, we decided to see the famous Karni matha temple (Temple of Rats). We started by 9:00AM and reached the temple in about 30 minutes or so (about 30 kilometres from the hotel). I don’t know what to say, it is one of the most unusual temple where people gives the rats something to eat/Prasad and then picks from the same place and eats it.

Italian beauty attracts everyone

The temple

Temple premise

Some beliefs
Beaky flies to Rajasthan via Uttarakhand - A Travelogue on my Suzuki V-Strom 650 XT-03a.jpg

Just a long shot of the temple

Beautiful carvings

House of Rats

Milk!!!

Milk!!!

Pathway to paradise

Want some prasad?
Beaky flies to Rajasthan via Uttarakhand - A Travelogue on my Suzuki V-Strom 650 XT-16.jpg

Gated community living
Beaky flies to Rajasthan via Uttarakhand - A Travelogue on my Suzuki V-Strom 650 XT-19.jpg

Got lots of places, still I'll tear anything which is not torn
Beaky flies to Rajasthan via Uttarakhand - A Travelogue on my Suzuki V-Strom 650 XT-21.jpg

By 12:30 we were back at the hotel and in another 1 hour we started our journey to Jaisalmer.

Destination: Jaisalmer, Rajasthan
Route: Deshnok (Karni Mata Temple) – Bikaner – Phalod – Pokhran - Jaisalmer
Distance: 60 + 395 Kilometers
Cumulative Distance: 4264 Kilometers
Fuel Consumed: 16.98 Liters
Cost of Fuel:
Rs.1662.87/-Start Time: 13:30PM
End Time: 17:30 PM
Total Hours on Road: 4 Hours
Hotel: Hotel Gulaal, Infront Of Nagar Parishad, Bera Road, Jaisalmer, Rajasthan 345001
Longitude: 70.912034
Latitude: 26.904606
Altitude: 225.001 meters
Rating: Wonderful property, very good service. Highly recommended

Last edited by kozhissery : 24th July 2021 at 22:29.
Old 12th July 2021, 17:59   #22
BHPian

Day 15: 12.Feb.2021 – Bikaner to Jaisalmer (@Jaisalmer)

After a quick lunch, by 1:30 pm we were on the bike riding to Jaisalmer and in under 5 hours we reached there. We parked our bike safely as we had planned not take for local visit nor to visit sam desert.

Haveli converted to Hotel
Beaky flies to Rajasthan via Uttarakhand - A Travelogue on my Suzuki V-Strom 650 XT-03a.jpg

Beaky flies to Rajasthan via Uttarakhand - A Travelogue on my Suzuki V-Strom 650 XT-06b.jpg

Beaky flies to Rajasthan via Uttarakhand - A Travelogue on my Suzuki V-Strom 650 XT-06c.jpg

After a quick freshening up decided to visit Jaisalmer fort.

The Fort

Entrance to the living fort

Random snaps of the Fort

Random snaps of the Fort

Random snaps of the Fort

Random snaps of the Fort
Beaky flies to Rajasthan via Uttarakhand - A Travelogue on my Suzuki V-Strom 650 XT-17.jpg

Random snaps of the Fort

Even tried the famous Bhang, but no difference (I think the reason behind is our specifically mentioning that we are teetotaler and we never had anything in life and did not want to spoil our holiday).

Dr Bhang shop
Beaky flies to Rajasthan via Uttarakhand - A Travelogue on my Suzuki V-Strom 650 XT-20.jpg

Name: Bhang Shop
Location/Address: Khejer Para, Manak Chowk, Amar Sagar Pol Jaisalmer, Rajasthan 345001
Rating: Nothing to write
Items Had: Bhang Lassi
Items Liked: Nothing in particular
Neutral: Nothing in particular
To avoid: Nothing in particular
Longitude: 70.914020
Latitude: 26.913559
Elevation: 252 Meters

Had our dinner at “Jaisal Italy Restaurant” which was good.

Dinner time
Beaky flies to Rajasthan via Uttarakhand - A Travelogue on my Suzuki V-Strom 650 XT-23.jpg

Dinner time
Beaky flies to Rajasthan via Uttarakhand - A Travelogue on my Suzuki V-Strom 650 XT-24.jpg

View from the restaurant
Beaky flies to Rajasthan via Uttarakhand - A Travelogue on my Suzuki V-Strom 650 XT-21a.jpg

Name: Jaisal Italy Restaurant
Location/Address: Fort 1st Gate, Akhey Prol, Gopa Chowk, Jaisalmer, Rajasthan 345001
Rating: Good ambience, good food
Items Had: Lasagne Funghi Spinaci (something like this), Pizza, Tea
Items Liked: All
Longitude: 70.914140
Latitude: 26.913350
Elevation: 266 Meters

After strolling around we walked back to the hotel and hit the bed.

Fort @night from the Hotel Gulaal
Beaky flies to Rajasthan via Uttarakhand - A Travelogue on my Suzuki V-Strom 650 XT-25.jpg

Fort @night from the Hotel Gulaal
Beaky flies to Rajasthan via Uttarakhand - A Travelogue on my Suzuki V-Strom 650 XT-26.jpg

Route: Deshnok (Karni Mata Temple) – Bikaner – Phalod – Pokhran - Jaisalmer
Distance: 60 + 395 Kilometers
Cumulative Distance: 4264 Kilometers
Fuel Consumed: 16.98 Liters
Cost of Fuel:
Rs.1662.87/-
Start Time:
13:30PM
End Time: 17:30 PM
Hotel: Hotel Gulaal, Infront Of Nagar Parishad, Bera Road, Jaisalmer, Rajasthan 345001

Last edited by kozhissery : 24th July 2021 at 22:29.
Old 13th July 2021, 23:02   #23
BHPian

Day 16: 13.Feb.2021 – Jaisalmer to Pal Desert Camp (including local tour)

Got up bit late and we were ready by 9:45 to explore the fort and the auto+guide took us around.

View of Jaisalmer from the top of the living fort.

Canon.

Leather artifacts (Camel they say, but no idea).

Temple.

Sun Clock?.

Temple view.

Selfie time.

Inside the temple corridor.

Carvings on the stone.

Fine carvings.

By 1:00pm exploration inside the fort was over and then we moved to Sam desert on the hired taxi (from the hotel). On the way we went to see the abandoned village called Kuldhara. They say it is haunted but on the day we went there were couple of tourists making a hell lot of noise which broke the serenity.

Kuldhara
Beaky flies to Rajasthan via Uttarakhand - A Travelogue on my Suzuki V-Strom 650 XT-201.jpg

Kuldhara
Beaky flies to Rajasthan via Uttarakhand - A Travelogue on my Suzuki V-Strom 650 XT-202.jpg

Temple inside the village
Beaky flies to Rajasthan via Uttarakhand - A Travelogue on my Suzuki V-Strom 650 XT-203.jpg

Not candid
Beaky flies to Rajasthan via Uttarakhand - A Travelogue on my Suzuki V-Strom 650 XT-204.jpg

Strike the pose
Beaky flies to Rajasthan via Uttarakhand - A Travelogue on my Suzuki V-Strom 650 XT-205.jpg

Abandoned area
Beaky flies to Rajasthan via Uttarakhand - A Travelogue on my Suzuki V-Strom 650 XT-206.jpg

Much needed after visiting Kuldhara village in the afternoon
Beaky flies to Rajasthan via Uttarakhand - A Travelogue on my Suzuki V-Strom 650 XT-207.jpg

On the way to Pal resort found a small lake (kind of water harvesting), with some people taking water, some were resting under the tree and some shepherd

Sound of village
Beaky flies to Rajasthan via Uttarakhand - A Travelogue on my Suzuki V-Strom 650 XT-208.jpg

Shepherd with flock of sheep
Beaky flies to Rajasthan via Uttarakhand - A Travelogue on my Suzuki V-Strom 650 XT-209.jpg

Shepherd relaxing
Beaky flies to Rajasthan via Uttarakhand - A Travelogue on my Suzuki V-Strom 650 XT-210.jpg

It is so sad to see so young people walking kilometers for a bucket of water, whereas we flush a bucket of water in the loo, add to it Covid say wash your hands often
Beaky flies to Rajasthan via Uttarakhand - A Travelogue on my Suzuki V-Strom 650 XT-211.jpg

Wavy Roads
Beaky flies to Rajasthan via Uttarakhand - A Travelogue on my Suzuki V-Strom 650 XT-212.jpg

By 4pm or so we reached the Pal Desert camp, which is bit far from the SAM desert and not at all crowded. After the camels safari to view the sunset we did enjoy some local Rajasthani folk music (the usual package which I had seen some 15 years back). And in the night me and Lovelin decided to explore the desert and really enjoyed the moonlight. By 12:00am we retired to our tent.

The tent
Beaky flies to Rajasthan via Uttarakhand - A Travelogue on my Suzuki V-Strom 650 XT-300.jpg

Camel Safari
Beaky flies to Rajasthan via Uttarakhand - A Travelogue on my Suzuki V-Strom 650 XT-301.jpg

Folk music
Beaky flies to Rajasthan via Uttarakhand - A Travelogue on my Suzuki V-Strom 650 XT-302.jpg

Now some folk dance too
Beaky flies to Rajasthan via Uttarakhand - A Travelogue on my Suzuki V-Strom 650 XT-302a.jpg

How can guests not join it?
Beaky flies to Rajasthan via Uttarakhand - A Travelogue on my Suzuki V-Strom 650 XT-302b.jpg

Food platter
Beaky flies to Rajasthan via Uttarakhand - A Travelogue on my Suzuki V-Strom 650 XT-303.jpg

Night view of the camp
Beaky flies to Rajasthan via Uttarakhand - A Travelogue on my Suzuki V-Strom 650 XT-304.jpg

Just landed on the moon
Beaky flies to Rajasthan via Uttarakhand - A Travelogue on my Suzuki V-Strom 650 XT-305.jpg

Overall a wonderful experience.

Route:
Distance:
Cumulative Distance:
4264 Kilometers
Start Time: 13:30PM
End Time: 16:30 PM
Hotel: Pal Rajah Resort Barna - Village Khuri Jaisalmair, Rajasthan India 345001
Longitude: 70.68742
Latitude: 26.63986
Altitude: 221 Meters
Rating: Good ambience, Good service, away from crowded SAM desert

Last edited by kozhissery : 25th July 2021 at 21:56.
Old 14th July 2021, 12:23   #24
BHPian

Day 17: 14.Feb.2021 – Pal Desert Camp to Jaisalmer, then to Longewale/Thanot and back

Woke well before sunrise to see the sunrise in the desert.

Lovely Sunrise

Lovely Sunrise

After having a quick breakfast we left for Jaisalmer and reached well before 10AM. After freshening up, we started our next leg of Haveli visits.

Majestic Havelis

Iron Box - should be a century old

Carved Ceiling

Work on stone

Lovely Painting - still so clear

Lock

Gallery

Main Hall

Refrigerator

Dressing room

View from terrace

Marriage invitation

Lovely ice-cream
Beaky flies to Rajasthan via Uttarakhand - A Travelogue on my Suzuki V-Strom 650 XT-15.jpg

Name: Kanchan Shri Icecream - Ice cream shop
Location/Address: Gadisar Pole, Gadisar Rd, Sutharpara, Jaisalmer, Rajasthan 345001
Rating: Tasty ice-creams
Items Had: Rabri Falooda, Gabagab, Ajeer Gulkhand
Items Liked: All
Longitude: 70.918250
Latitude: 26.912857
Elevation: 212 Meters

By 2pm we started for the leg to Thanot/Longewala. As with the fate we took the wrong road and it was very scary riding on the sands. The bikes were parked outside and we offered our quick prayers at the Thanot Mata Temple.

Outer Gate

Outer Gate

Outer Gate
Beaky flies to Rajasthan via Uttarakhand - A Travelogue on my Suzuki V-Strom 650 XT-18.jpg

The temple

Covid protocol lines

As there was not much to see, we wound up quite quickly and then moved to Longewala, where we spent a considerable time seeing the museum, ruined tanks etc.

Longewala history

Captured Pakistani tank
Beaky flies to Rajasthan via Uttarakhand - A Travelogue on my Suzuki V-Strom 650 XT-22.jpg

Armored Jeep

Our steed

Our steed

Battle ground layout as on that date

Very true
Beaky flies to Rajasthan via Uttarakhand - A Travelogue on my Suzuki V-Strom 650 XT-27.jpg

Very true
Beaky flies to Rajasthan via Uttarakhand - A Travelogue on my Suzuki V-Strom 650 XT-28.jpg

A new kind of weather App
Beaky flies to Rajasthan via Uttarakhand - A Travelogue on my Suzuki V-Strom 650 XT-29.jpg

After that we had a coffe@Longewala. By 6:30PM we decided to move, and as Lovelin’s bike was running short of fuel and we did buy from local shop.
The drive back was wonderful under moonlit night and open roads (thanks to Ajay/Lovelin's head lights) for lighting the highway.

By 9:00PM we reached back and headed straight to same ice-cream parlor for another ice-cream for closing the day in a grand way.

Ice-cream
Beaky flies to Rajasthan via Uttarakhand - A Travelogue on my Suzuki V-Strom 650 XT-30.jpg

Hit the bed by 11:PM.

Route: Jaisalmer - Thanot - Longewala - Jaisalmer
Distance: 334 Kilometers
Cumulative Distance: 4598 Kilometers
Fuel Consumed: 21.2 Liters
Cost of Fuel: Rs.2114.55
Start Time: 13:30 PM
End Time: 21:30 PM
Total Hours on Road: 8 Hours

Last edited by kozhissery : 25th July 2021 at 22:34.
Old 16th July 2021, 22:16   #25
BHPian

Day 18: 15.Feb.2021 – Jaisalmer to Jodhpur

We woke up leisurely and after breakfast and packing of bags, left Jaisalmer by 10:15 we reached Jodhpur before 2pm.

Hotel corridor

Terrace of Hotel Gulaal

Terrace of Hotel Gulaal

Terrace of Hotel Gulaal

Terrace of Hotel Gulaal

Breakfast

Breakfast

The last 2 kilometres into Jodhpur was a nightmare. Google took us through some small lanes and in one of the lane Ajay’s bike got scraped (panniers).

One of the wide lanes@Jodhpur

After having late lunch we proceeded to see Jaswant Thada.

Lake leading to Jaswant Thada memorial

Lake leading to Jaswant Thada memorial

Jaswant Thada memorial

Jaswant Thada memorial

Jaswant Thada memorial

Jaswant Thada memorial

Jaswant Thada memorial

History of Marwar

Jaswant Thada memorial

Jaswant Thada memorial

Jaswant Thada memorial

Lovely rendition by local musician (sad that Covid has hit their life badly)

Panoramic view @Jaswant Thada - Rao Jodha Ji - Founder of Jodhpur

Rao Jodha Ji - Founder of Jodhpur

Rao Jodha Ji - Founder of Jodhpur

As it was past 5PM we decided to skip Mehrang fort as you need about 2 to 3 hours to see it fully at a leisurely pace, and decided to explore local food joints.

The local market near the Clock Tower

The Clock Tower

Had some samosas here - but nothing to write about

Name: Shahi Samosa
Location/Address: 95/B, Clock Tower Rd, Nai Sarak, Clock Tower, Jodhpur, Rajasthan 342001
Rating: Nothing to write about
Items Had: Samosa and some other items
Items Liked: None
Neutral: All
Longitude: 73.024240
Latitude: 26.293783
Elevation: 246 meters

Some lassi/Jilebies here - which is kind of Ok

Name: Shri Mishrilal Hotel
Location/Address: Clock Tower Road, Sardar Market, Jodhpur, Rajasthan - 342001
Rating: Nothing to write about
Items Had: Lassi and Jilebi
Items Liked: None
Neutral: All
Longitude: 73.024210
Latitude: 26.294466
Elevation: 246 meters

After visiting the local market we decided to walk to Mehrang fort just to see the lights. A marriage procession was going on and found caparisoned camels (I think the marriage function was of some netas as lots of security personnel were around that area).

Caparisoned Camels

Night view from Mehrang Fort

By 10PM we reached back to the hotel

Hotel

Destination: Jodhpur, Rajasthan
Route: Jaisalmer - Pokhran- Biramdeogarh - Jodhpur
Distance: 315 Kilometers
Cumulative Distance: 4913 Kilometers
Fuel Consumed: 14.44 Liters
Cost of Fuel: Rs.1376.00/-
Start Time: 10:15PM
End Time: 14:00 PM
Hotel: Krishna Prakash Heritage Haveli, Nayabas, Killikhana, Near Makrana Mohallah, Jodhpur, Rajasthan 342001
Longitude:73.026801
Latitude: 26.302686
Altitude: 270 meters
Rating: Not at all recommended, photos/reviews can be deceiving

Last edited by kozhissery : 25th July 2021 at 22:36.
Old 21st July 2021, 22:10   #26
BHPian

Beaky flies to Rajasthan via Uttarakhand A Travelogue on my V-Strom 650XT

Day 19: 16.Feb.2021 – Jodhpur to Kumbalghar (via Pali)

Woke up bit early to freshen up and pack things before going to see the Mehrangarh Fort.

Morning sunrise from our hotel

Before 8:30am we walked for the fort and were inside the fort by 9:00am.

Mehrangarh fort view while walking towards it

The fort is lovely and we spent more than 3 hours there and were back by 12:30.

Entrance to the fort

Fort

Majestic view of the fort

Inside view

Urn?

Elephant Howdah

Spirals

Security guard

Dressing room?

Gallery of armory

Murals

Godess
Beaky flies to Rajasthan via Uttarakhand - A Travelogue on my Suzuki V-Strom 650 XT-14a.jpg

Terrace

House of birds inside the fort

Terrace

Corridor

View for top of the fort

Beautiful room

Random photos inside the fort

On our way back we took some random photos to show that Jodhpur is blue city

Blue City

Blue Houses

Blue Houses

Destination: Kumbalghar
Route: Jodhpur -> Rohat -> Pali (Bullet baba temple) -> Ranakpur -> Kumbalgarh
Distance: 255 Kilometers
Cumulative Distance: 5168 Kilometers
Fuel Consumed: 6.86 Liters
Cost of Fuel: Rs.661.00/-
Start Time: 1:00pm
End Time: 07:15 PM
Total Hours on Road: 6 hours 15 minutes
Hotel: Tiger Valley Luxury Resort, Fort Road, Kumbhalgarh, Rajasthan 313325
Longitude: 73.586214
Latitude: 25.1300352
Elevation: 950 Meters
Rating: Better than average hotel, except the guy at the reception everyone else were pretty good. He seems to be more keen getting money (Covid??)

Last edited by kozhissery : 24th July 2021 at 22:33.
Old 21st July 2021, 22:34   #27
BHPian

Day 19: 16.Feb.2021 – Jodhpur to Kumbalghar (via Pali)

After reaching back to the hotel, had a quick lunch and in another 30 minutes we were out of the hotel and on the road towards Kumbalghar via Bullet Baba/Ranakpur.
By about 2pm we reached Om Banna Temple. I did not know that Liquor was one of the offering. Though the temple is small, it was bit crowded.

The bullet

The bullet

The bullet

The bullet

The bullet

Aarati

In about 15 minutes or so we resumed to Ranakpur Jain temple. We reached there by 4:00pm or so. It is so beautiful temple that I regret that I could spend just about 1 hour or so. The carving are too good to be true, how did they create such a temple there is still a wonder for me.

History of Ranakpur Jain Temple

Random photos inside the temple

Intrinsic carvings

Started from Ranakpur for the final destination Kumbalghar by 5:30pm and by 7:15pm reached the destination. We really enjoyed the ride through the curvy roads between Ranakpur and Kumbalghar. Except for the last 20 odd kilometers the roads where great. As there were nothing to see outside the hotel/resort, we hit the bed quite early.

Final destination for the day

Route: Jodhpur -> Rohat -> Pali (Bullet baba temple) -> Ranakpur -> Kumbalgarh
Distance: 255 Kilometers
Cumulative Distance: 5168 Kilometers
Fuel Consumed: 6.86 Liters
Cost of Fuel: Rs.661.00/-
Start Time: 1:00pm
End Time: 07:15 PM
Total Hours on Road: 6 hours 15 minutes
Hotel: Tiger Valley Luxury Resort, Fort Road, Kumbhalgarh, Rajasthan 313325
Rating: Better than average hotel, except the guy at the reception everyone else were pretty good. He seems to be more keen getting money (Covid??)

Last edited by kozhissery : 24th July 2021 at 22:35.
Old 21st July 2021, 23:03   #28
BHPian

Day 20: 17.Feb.2021 - Kumbalghar

We had discussed with the hotel guy what to see around apart from the Kumbalghar fort. The only one which we chose is the cave temple of Lord Parusarama (Longitude: 73.532770, Latitude: 25.138588)

View from hotel

We did hire a jeep to take us there which arrived by 10:20 and we reached the spot by 10:30 (about 5 kilometers) from the start point you have to trek about 2 odd kilometers. The descent is neither steep nor easy, it is all taking small steps each about 10 inches each. Total descent is about 200 meters which mean a total of 400 meters of descent/ascent covered in about 2.5 kilometers. The time being winter the walk was enjoyable.

Start of trekking to the temple

Temple opposite to shops

Mural at the start of the trek

On the way to the cave temple

On the way to the cave temple

Beautiful scenery

Almost near the temple - no camera is allowed beyond this point - nobody was there to enforce that.

By 12pm or so we reached back and have a refreshing masala tea and some snacks. After that we went directly to Kumbalghar fort.

Random photo

Entrance to the fort

Entrance to the fort

View of the fort

View of the fort

Birth place of Rana Pratap

The gate is barred - which means no visit to the birth place of Rana Pratap

Courtyard inside the fort

Courtyard inside the fort

Rooms/Palace inside the fort

View from the top of the fort

We started to feel hungry and in the 2 hours we could not cover much. So we decided to stay back at Kumbalghar, hence went back to the hotel for lunch as nothing much is available inside the fort. After late lunch we headed back to the fort which is by 3:30PM. We decided to walk some distances on the fort as it was well kept. There are lots of temples inside the fort

Temple inside the fort

Temple inside the fort

Temple inside the fort

We walked few kilometers inside the fort.

On the fort

On the fort

On the fort

We did book for light show, which I felt a waste of time but gives you good photo opportunity. The evening ambience is very good and we stayed there till 8:00PM. I wished that it was moonlight night and the fort would look wonderful. On the way back after the trek the setting sun really played with the temples.

Temple inside the fort

Temple inside the fort

After the night show we waited for sometime to see the glorious fort in the artificial light.

Fort in artificial light

Temple inside the fort in artificial light

I do wish to see whole of the fort which comes to about 36 kilometres and needs 2 days to cover.

On the way back we had our light dinner and hit bed by 10PM.

Route: Local trip
Distance:
12 Kilometers
Cumulative Distance:
5180 Kilometers
Start Time:
End Time:
Total Hours on Road:
Hotel:
Tiger Valley Luxury Resort, Fort Road, Kumbhalgarh, Rajasthan 313325

Last edited by kozhissery : 24th July 2021 at 22:36.
kozhissery is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 22nd July 2021, 23:23   #29
BHPian

Day 21: 18.Feb.2021 – Kumbalghar to Vapi

We started by 7:00 am for our return journey. As it was pretty chilly we had to stop after about 45 minutes for some hot tea.

Tea break

After that we continued till about 9:30 or so where we had our breakfast.

Breakfast stop

As we entered Gujarat we were held by police and made to open our bags. As the police could not find in the first two bikes did not ask me to open the bags, or would have lost more than 20 minutes. They were quite friendly and were checking for liquor. By 1pm or so we had our lunch and continued till 5:30PM when we stopped for a coffee break.

Snack stop

Random stop

Late evening snacks

Late evening snacks

By 8:30pm or so we started to feel tired and decided to call it a day at Vapi

Destination: Vapi
Route: Kumbalghar -> Udaipur -> Ahemedabad -> Vadodara -> Vapi
Distance: 676 Kilometers
Cumulative Distance: 5856 Kilometers
Fuel Consumed: 33.82 Liters
Cost of Fuel: Rs.3068.49/-
Start Time: 07:00am
End Time: 08:30PM
Total Hours on Road: 13 hours
Hotel: Hotel Orange Vapi , Vapi Trade Centre, Bass Complex, Nirmal Chamber, 1st & 2nd Floor, Silvassa Road, G.I.D.C, Via Char Rasta Rd, Ajit Nagar, Phase 2, Vapi, Gujarat 396195
Longitude: 72.922006
Latitude: 20.364183
Elevation: 40 Meters
Rating: Rooms are ok for tired riders but you have to park the bikes in open. As we reached after 08:30pm all the shops were closed. Greased the security person who looked after the bike nicely. But you have to start early in the morning else the shops will open and it will get crowded

Last edited by kozhissery : 24th July 2021 at 22:37.
kozhissery is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2021, 00:17   #30
BHPian

Day 22: 19.Feb.2021 – Vapi to Bijapur

It was planned to reach Vijaypura as we all wanted to see Gol Gumbaz. Woke up fresh and started by 7:30. Stopped for breakfast by 9:00pm at somewhere near Thane west (Latitude: 19.28638889, Longitude: 72.93750000).

Breakfast stop
Beaky flies to Rajasthan via Uttarakhand - A Travelogue on my Suzuki V-Strom 650 XT-00.jpg

We stopped for some neera too

Neera

After that it started to drizzle which made our progress slow and did stop at somewhere near Lonovala for a small break.

@Lonovala

@Lonovala

@Lonovala

@Lonovala

Then we continued till 3pm where we took a break for lunch.

Lunch break

Lunch break

Beaky covered 25K kilometers

Somewhere we took the wrong road (but shorter) and the progress was slow. When it got late in the evening we got bit tensed as “Google Baba” took us through some small roads where only bikes/jeeps can travel. By the time we reached Bijapur it was beyond 9:30pm. After a hot shower we jumped into the bed dead tired, more to do with tension of riding in night via unknown bad roads (supposed to be Maoist infested area???)

Destination: Vijapura (Bijapur)
Route: Vapi-> Mumbai -> Lonovala -> Phaltan -> Pandharpur -> Jalageri -> Vijapura
Distance: 662 Kilometers
Cumulative Distance: 6518 Kilometers
Fuel Consumed: 23.56 Liters
Cost of Fuel: Rs.2380.87/-
Start Time: 07:30am
End Time: 09:30PM
Total Hours on Road: 14 hours
Hotel: The Fern Residency, Vijayapura, The Fern Residency, Athani Road Vijayapura,586 101, Karnataka 586101
Longitude: 75.676023
Latitude: 16.826416
Elevation: 600 Meters
Rating: Good hotel, good food

Last edited by kozhissery : 24th July 2021 at 22:39.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks