Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd December 2023, 14:55   #46
Senior - BHPian

Re: The all-new Ducati Multistrada V4 launched in India, prices starting at Rs 18.99 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Genie View Post
I came across these risers.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Genie View Post
Had a little longer test ride of the Multi V4 (base version)
1. The bike preferred to be ridden in a gear lower compared to BMW GS for a given speed. While this is exciting, after a while I feel this was/could be tiring in the long run. I rode in Urban and Touring modes.
2. Suspension while not stiff, I could feel every impact going through my ageing body. Expected more comfort.
I dont recollect exactly how I felt while riding the GS in Dynamic Pro mode ( which was not very cushy), but need to see again which among the two is better in this aspect.

I am yet to experience a long tour ride on any bike, but the above two points got me thinking again about my choices.
You need to ride both a few times to understand what floats your boat due to the peculiarities of both engines, V4 vs the boxer twin.

The suspension on the Multistrada V4s is semi automatic (the reason I suggested it) so you have the option of setting it to your preference with the push of a few buttons. especially the preload which will make a huge difference to your ride quality. You need to adjust the preload as per your weight and you are good to go. These settings may also be made with the V4 but would require tools.

Check on the BMW if you can do that as it will make a huge difference.

Risers - like I mentioned before, ride the bike (any new bike) stock for sometime before thinking of adding anything to it, it’s better this way. Anything above 2 inch risers may require rerouting or changing of cables.
Cyborg is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 1st March 2024, 16:01   #47

Re: The all-new Ducati Multistrada V4 launched in India, prices starting at Rs 18.99 lakhs

Had back-to-back rides on the 1250 GS and Multi V4.
Here are my observations (not comprehensive) and some of these could be down to my capabilities or lack thereof.

1250 GS:
Easy, livable bike on daily basis due to availability of low-end torque but at any speed you feel you are going faster than you are due to engine feel etc. which is not great.
At high speeds, the bike seems as though it’s working a lot and am not sure if this may get tiring on a long ride
There is wind buffeting on top but more on sides as well ..i.e shoulders, arms etc
The Suspension was good but you do not have customization options within a riding mode. For ex. In Dynamic pro mode if I wanted a softer set up I could not find an option.
The overall braking was better with better rear braking. (Could be due to connected braking)

Multi V4:
Bike prefers to be in one gear lower (compared to GS) always whether in the city or highway. Would it be possible to have relaxed riding for long hours is an unanswered question.
In general bike/engine felt at place at no lower than 4000 rpm. Cruising leisurely at 80 kmph, the bike is in 5th gear at 4000 RPM. At about 100 kmph, you can "manage" in 6th gear at 4000 rpm but it prefers to be in lower gear.
Daily use within city is no fun and you will run out of road before you can use the power as rightly mentioned by E30_325iSport in his post #31.

Tried modulating the throttle as suggested, to minimise engine braking, but combined with the diving forward and jerkiness as you release the throttle, took away the fun at city speeds. The throttling was better in Urban Mode for city use though.
Tried to adjust the screw setting on left fork to reduce the diving but any amount of adjusting by SA made little difference.
On Highways, speeds are easily reached, no vibrations, and you are encouraged to go faster.
Buffeting was similar to GS.
Front brake and feel is fine, but rear brake is useless I felt.

I want sport and power but long term comfort and ease of use across various scenarios, and between the two:
Ducati expects to be driven in lower gears which I am not sure in long term will get tiring for me. Exciting for sure.
BMW on other hand is a very easy livable bike on daily basis which I can use regularly but at top speeds the easy feel is not there. Not high on excitement.
Decision pending.

Last edited by Axe77 : 6th March 2024 at 11:32. Reason: Minor clean up edits.
Genie is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 6th March 2024, 17:46   #48

I ride a Multi V4S. I haven't tested the BMW, so obviously only a limited and biased POV, but here goes.

Do consider upgrading to the S version which comes with a raft of electronic wizardry - traction control, ABS, anti-wheelie control, cornering aids, etc. which make the ride so much safer and more comfortable. In fact the electronics make me feel like a much more competent rider than I am.

The V4S will comfortably cruise at triple-digit speeds on cruise control if you prefer. And despite its apparent bulk, it's sheer joy around the twisties etc. where the engine braking becomes a godsend on the descent.

The riding position is comfortable, not putting undue stress either on wrist, shoulder, or back. As a bonus, the seating / footpeg geometry allows you to stand and ride where roads are treacherous, giving your own suspension a big relief. The windscreen is tall and broad enough to cocoon you in an area of relative silence and smoothness even at high speeds. So long rides are more about one's fitness levels / endurance rather than the bike's behaviour.

Hope this helps

Last edited by graaja : 6th March 2024 at 17:55. Reason: Editing high speed mention
Old 6th March 2024, 21:35   #49
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabbar View Post
Do consider upgrading to the S version which comes with a raft of electronic wizardry - traction control, ABS, anti-wheelie control, cornering aids, etc. which make the ride so much safer and more comfortable. In fact the electronics make me feel like a much more competent rider than I am.
All of the above that you mentioned is available on the STD V4 also mate.
Old 7th March 2024, 15:43   #50
BHPian

maybe this helps. Difference between the v4 and v4s along with the standard features.The all-new Ducati Multistrada V4 launched in India, prices starting at Rs 18.99 lakhs-screenshot-20240307-3.40.218239pm.jpg

The all-new Ducati Multistrada V4 launched in India, prices starting at Rs 18.99 lakhs-screenshot-20240307-3.38.298239pm.jpg
samyakmodi is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks