Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st July 2021, 13:09   #1
BHPian

Mating a Givi top case to my Harley 48

May be of interest to HD sportster owners.

Luggage options for my 48 was non existent. I am not a fan of magnetic bags. I decided to do this the right way. After some weekend R&D for several weeks, I decided to go with the Givi 47L top case and M7 mono key plate. Of course, no one makes the brackets to mount this on my bike - so I decided to go to the drawing board. I ended up with this design prototype that fits very well and looks clean - accommodates my shock and seat upgrades and works with stock set up as well. I designed it in a way that you can leave the L brackets on the bike - they look pretty cool. It takes around 5 mins to install / uninstall. I took the opportunity to tidy up the rear number plate section - (required to mount these brackets.) I upgraded the rear fender strut fasteners with good quality ones with the right length to accommodate the spacers.

I have two pics to share -
Attached Thumbnails
Mating a Givi top case to my Harley 48-givi2.jpg  

Mating a Givi top case to my Harley 48-givi1.jpg  

Last edited by ksanjee : 31st July 2021 at 13:13.
ksanjee is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 31st July 2021, 15:15   #2
BHPian

Re: Mating a Givi top case to my Harley 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksanjee View Post
May be of interest to HD sportster owners.

Luggage options for my 48 was non existent. I am not a fan of magnetic bags. I decided to do this the right way. After some weekend R&D for several weeks, I decided to go with the Givi 47L top case and M7 mono key plate. Of course, no one makes the brackets to mount this on my bike - so I decided to go to the drawing board. I ended up with this design prototype that fits very well and looks clean - accommodates my shock and seat upgrades and works with stock set up as well. I designed it in a way that you can leave the L brackets on the bike - they look pretty cool. It takes around 5 mins to install / uninstall. I took the opportunity to tidy up the rear number plate section - (required to mount these brackets.) I upgraded the rear fender strut fasteners with good quality ones with the right length to accommodate the spacers.

I have two pics to share -
Looks aesthetically quite pleasing, Sir. I, too, am looking to equip my bike with a top case in the near future. BTW, are top cases theft-proof if left alone in a parking stand? I always have this fear that I leave a top case unattended in a parking stand, albeit guarded, miscreants may tamper with it and scamper off.
Old 31st July 2021, 17:22   #3
BHPian

Re: Mating a Givi top case to my Harley 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by mugen_pinaki27 View Post
Looks aesthetically quite pleasing, Sir. I, too, am looking to equip my bike with a top case in the near future. BTW, are top cases theft-proof if left alone in a parking stand? I always have this fear that I leave a top case unattended in a parking stand, albeit guarded, miscreants may tamper with it and scamper off.
Yes Givi has a fairly secure case-to-bike and lid locking with one key. But definitely no guarantees since people can always find a way !
ksanjee is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks