Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports

Search this Thread
Old 10th January 2022, 15:51   #16
BHPian

Re: The Black Ghost | My 2021 Ducati V4SP Review

Congrats, no_fear for a wonderful acquisition!

This is such a discerningly curated garage, lovely to hear and read about the bikes.

As regards to the V4SP, what stands out to my eyes is that lovely tank.

The brushed aluminum finish looks exquisite, superbly executed.

Just wondering how do you manage to keep cleaning/washing/detailing the bikes. Do you have a dedicated employee/house help who does it or the bikes go to a detailing place on a regular basis.
GoBlue is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 10th January 2022, 15:57   #17
BHPian

There aren't many of us even on this forum of enthusiasts who could even conceive of such an incredible garage, let alone go ahead and buy even a single machine from your collection. Hats off to consistently adding onto what is one of the most desirable motorcycle garages in the country, nay the world.

But I can tell you what your posts do to me, no_fear- they make me want to up my game and go 1-2 segments higher in an attempt to own or do something that wouldn't seem like a compromise. Because when it comes to motorcycles, that's what you are- uncompromising, in the best way possible.
Sudarshan42 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 10th January 2022, 18:11   #18
RMN
BHPian

@no_fear

I don't have much to say apart from appreciating your collection! Truly fascinating.

Dint know the V4S made it to Kochi, would like you take a look at it someday.
RMN is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th January 2022, 21:37   #19
Senior - BHPian

Having had the term parsimonious "burned" to my derriere left, right and center. But boy, a garage that's truly worth a separate thread. A separate thread concising your complete current inventory, future requisites. What I'd love to hear about you is apart from " I am a motorcycle guy" the statement that every chap out there utters without batting an eyelid, digging a little deep, a special garage, should have a special reason deep down, and this I'd like to know. What it takes to own and how these machines transform the man itself. I think that'd make every addition of yours a fantastic relish to cherish.

I hope that's not a tall order and kudos to an eye-wateringly beautiful garage.

Cheers!
VJ
VijayAnand1 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 10th January 2022, 21:44   #20
BHPian

Good Lord. My jaw just dropped seeing those images. What a well written review brother. Happy for you that the fleet is growing. Big congrats and what a drool worthy machine the SP is. Wow! I am literally out of words. Your Ducati and Italian love and the pics of your threads are slowly making me an Italian lover. Mind you, I am a diehard Japanese superbike lover, so its hard to convince anyone in that genre to change hearts. But I am certainly changing, and soon I am off to Delhi to see those beauties. Wishing you wonderful miles and waiting to see the exhaust upgrade
Xaos636 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th January 2022, 00:36   #21
BHPian

Many many congratulations to you. No other words, the bike like looks smashing. One can only imagine the power this one has.

Congratulations once again.
Sahil00090 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th January 2022, 03:02   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by no_fear View Post
I cannot "not" compare my 1198SP against the new kid on my block. The Ducati 1198SP is a bonkers no holds 170 HP bad boy that Ducati made in 2011.

The bike turns heads and growls and menaces forward. It takes no prisoners. It has no electronic wizardry. You need to know how to ride this bike. There is no safety net. And this makes it exhilarating. I wish bikes were like this.
First of all, Wow!! That is 1 good looking motorcycle. Hearty Congratulations brother!! Your garage is turning into a very tasteful and desirable Italian Showcase!!

I can totally relate to what you said about the older gen super sports. Although, I will admit that I am not yet sure of what I prefer, old school exhilaration or modern day excellence in engineering and electronics. I keep dwindling between the two.

What I feel is that with older bikes, you don't need to technically ride at very high speeds to feel the thrill, yet if you want speed, you need to build your skill and confidence on the bike. They demand more from you. They were made keeping a higher skilled rider in mind. For mere mortals like me it means a lot of soiled under wears and years of practice. But hopefully, I will get there.

With modern bikes, to reach certain sales levels, they had to make them approachable. Modern bikes are so much better at masking their speed and aggression which makes them feel so much approachable. Flip side is, to get thrills from these bikes, you really need very high speeds which has its own consequences too, I think.

Summers is approaching, its better we catch up soon!!

CHEERS!!

Rachit
Rachit.K.Dogra is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 11th January 2022, 07:45   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachit.K.Dogra View Post
What I feel is that with older bikes, you don't need to technically ride at very high speeds to feel the thrill, yet if you want speed, you need to build your skill and confidence on the bike. They demand more from you.
@Rachit, you took the words out of my mouth. There is a discussion going on in another thread about a BHPian looking to buy a Busa. The debate is interesting and what you mentioned is exactly my thought sentiment.

The new generation bikes truly have a ton of gizmos to make you feel safe, but to enjoy them you need to operate at speeds that are not sustainable on our Indian roads. On the flip side, older bikes are perfect to hone and grow your skills, and you get rewarded. But the lack of the safety net, yes, leads to soiled underwear and many prayers.

Once the lockdown ends and things look positive, lets go out for a ride. I also want to see your R1 in flesh and blood, and hear those lovely Akra pipes.
no_fear is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 11th January 2022, 09:03   #24
BHPian

Quote:
And his "new" 2007 1098S

Attachment 2256811
@no_fear: This is BEA-UTI-FUL. This used to adorn the wallpaper space on my Lappy for quite some time.
There’s a certain charm in every Ducati. Even the Desmosedici in the MotoGP circus looks like a machine from a different planet. Isn’t it amazing how a small manufacturer (compared to the big 4 from Japan) churns out innovative and exotic stuff?

Any plans to take the V4SP to the track?

Last edited by roadrunner_nv : 11th January 2022 at 09:05.
roadrunner_nv is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th January 2022, 11:09   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoBlue View Post
Just wondering how do you manage to keep cleaning/washing/detailing the bikes.
It's just me and my trust microfiber towel and a bunch of cleaning products. I have sent some of the bikes for a PPE coating, otherwise its usual cleaning by hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadrunner_nv View Post
Any plans to take the V4SP to the track?
None at the moment so far.

Last edited by no_fear : 11th January 2022 at 11:13.
no_fear is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th January 2022, 13:21   #26
BHPian

Quote:
I got a call from Ducati Delhi sometime during April 2021 asking if I was interested in the upcoming Ducati V4SP.
Please keep at it, eventually it will be cheaper to visit your garage than make a trip to Bologna to see exotic Ducati's under one roof. You truly have a drool worthy garage. Now load a couple of them on that truck of yours and make a visit down South, high time!
deepfreak15 is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 11th January 2022, 20:34   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepfreak15 View Post
Please keep at it, eventually it will be cheaper to visit your garage than make a trip to Bologna to see exotic Ducati's under one roof. You truly have a drool worthy garage. Now load a couple of them on that truck of yours and make a visit down South, high time!
If this stupid Omicron wave is over and the planets align, you can visit my showroom that I am planning to launch in summer of 2022 and see the bikes in person.

Fingers crossed.
no_fear is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 13th January 2022, 10:56   #28
BHPian

Congrats sir on another wonderful addition to the garage. At this rate, you will soon be able to open a Superbike museum of your own.
This SP is one gorgeous bike, with the Mag wheels and Brushed aluminium tank taking the cake. Hope to see it in person one day.
aarnav_b is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th January 2022, 20:54   #29
BHPian

Congratulations on V4SP - easily the best looking Ducati right now! I am sure the pics can't do justice to how magnificent this looks in real life.
Just ran into all your motorcycle threads on Tbhp and what mind boggling reads they have been. Bookmarked them to re-read and soak it all in.

You have an absolutely unbelievable garage of some of the rarest Italians on earth. And equally unbelievable patience and knowledge of motorcycles to match! If you are opening a showroom to display them up north, that in itself would be worth the flight from here.
More power to you sir!
niranjanrvce is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th February 2022, 04:40   #30
//M
Distinguished - BHPian

Seems No. 543 was at a trackday event at BIC recently. Screenshots from a video taken by a friend.

The Black Ghost | My 2021 Ducati V4SP Review-screenshot_2022021004372701.jpeg

The Black Ghost | My 2021 Ducati V4SP Review-screenshot_2022021004370001.jpeg

The Black Ghost | My 2021 Ducati V4SP Review-screenshot_2022021004371401.jpeg
//M is offline   (4) Thanks

Most Viewed