Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th August 2007, 00:35   #106
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godfather View Post
what would be the difference?? Cars are much safer.. Dont jump on me guys... On Indian roads trust me.. cars are safer..

If i have to shell out 11+ L on a Bike i would rather buy the Civic..
Also dont forget that you cant take these biikes out in Rain..

Godfather
Even though I am a biker at heart and am craving for that superbike ownership.. I agree with Godfather.. for that kind of money a Civic makes much more sense.

Sorry boys but I personally hope that this venture of Yamaha fails so that Suzuki / or honda would do something smarter to get atleast a supersport (600cc) for about 4-5L Max.
Old 17th August 2007, 09:56   #107
Team-BHP Support

Yamaha and the others will aim at the person who already owns a Civic and a couple of other cars as well. So he has an extra 12 lakhs for a toy. This is a luxury purchase and rational thinking does not apply here.
Old 17th August 2007, 10:44   #108
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rtech View Post
This is a luxury purchase and rational thinking does not apply here.
Robin - Superbike purchase in India has never been rational, has it! Considering the conditions of our roads & the limited opportunities to exploit their potential, it is always going to be a luxury/lifestyle/enthusiastic purchase.

Still some people have the biking bug & the money to afford a nice bike & this'll be a good, hassle free & most importantly, completely legit way of buying a superbike.
Old 17th August 2007, 10:49   #109
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godfather View Post
If i have to shell out 11+ L on a Bike i would rather buy the Civic..
But one cannot do 0-100 in 3-4 secs on a civic.
Old 17th August 2007, 14:04   #110
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iraghava View Post
Robin - Superbike purchase in India has never been rational, has it! Considering the conditions of our roads & the limited opportunities to exploit their potential, it is always going to be a luxury/lifestyle/enthusiastic purchase.

Still some people have the biking bug & the money to afford a nice bike & this'll be a good, hassle free & most importantly, completely legit way of buying a superbike.
yes ishan these are lifestyle purchases for people who are enthusiastic and have the extra money to spend. there are roads where people can test the full limits of these power houses but i dont there are many concerned with that its more of a be seen and who has a better bike situation here.
if the yamaha gets a good response many other bike companies would follow suit and we could have a wide range to choose from and probably in the near future have superbikes and cruisers made specially for the Indian market or better still made in India itself.
Old 17th August 2007, 14:19   #111
BANNED

haha 1 or 2 laks more and id rather get a civic F1. stupid yamaha, i gues the prices will come down later when all the real bikes enter here. so in 5 years 100cc out of india i hope, mini. shud be 200cc
Old 17th August 2007, 14:50   #112
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jesal View Post
haha 1 or 2 laks more and id rather get a civic F1. stupid yamaha, i gues the prices will come down later when all the real bikes enter here. so in 5 years 100cc out of india i hope, mini. shud be 200cc
i hope in 5 years Indian companies like Bajaj, TVS, HeroHonda (Hero by then?) will have their own superbikes. As a matter of fact, the prices of these big bikes will be less only if they are made in India, and even more so if made by Indian companies.
Old 17th August 2007, 15:42   #113
BHPian

Gentlemen,

Let us except the fact that India is still a poor country, we still have the worlds most horrible roads, petrol is probably the most expensive than any other country etc etc. All such launches by non Indian manufacturers should be banned in this country and let people import it the way it is mostly done today, Baggage option. I am against yamaha launching these bikes.
Old 17th August 2007, 15:47   #114
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
All such launches by non Indian manufacturers should be banned in this country and let people import it the way it is mostly done today, Baggage option. I am against yamaha launching these bikes.
Whoa! Could you please explain how banning imports benefit us in any way whatsoever. I am really eager to understand your point of view.
Old 17th August 2007, 15:55   #115
Senior - BHPian

why is yamaha and other makers looking at only the liter class and above ? wont smaller bikes have a bigger market ? - say a 400-800 cc kind of segment will probably yield bigger volumes and a bit more affordable step to the superbikes ( 3-7 lakhs maybe ).....

this step of importing liter class alone will only help experienced riders who already drive such machines.... mid sized bikes would open up a larger market...

i for one would be happy to start with a 400-600 cc bike at a lower price point and over the years go up to the liter class
Old 17th August 2007, 15:57   #116
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by narayan View Post
why is yamaha and other makers looking at only the liter class and above ? wont smaller bikes have a bigger market ?
Because of This - Linky
Old 17th August 2007, 16:02   #117
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by sameer_dg View Post
Let us except the fact that India is still a poor country, we still have the worlds most horrible roads, petrol is probably the most expensive than any other country etc etc.
Our english teacher would have something to say on this.
Quote:
All such launches by non Indian manufacturers should be banned in this country and let people import it the way it is mostly done today, Baggage option. I am against yamaha launching these bikes.
People were importing the bikes through the 'not-so-legal' route. Do you really feel it should continue that way?
Old 17th August 2007, 19:12   #118
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Let us except the fact that India is still a poor country, we still have the worlds most horrible roads, petrol is probably the most expensive than any other country etc etc. All such launches by non Indian manufacturers should be banned in this country and let people import it the way it is mostly done today, Baggage option. I am against yamaha launching these bikes.
So says the genius who is sitting on a Harley (?) in his own avatar.
Old 18th August 2007, 14:05   #119
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rtech View Post
Yamaha and the others will aim at the person who already owns a Civic and a couple of other cars as well. So he has an extra 12 lakhs for a toy. This is a luxury purchase and rational thinking does not apply here.
Robin - I agree and I know that that's Yamahas target audience, however it still is not going to sell as much as yamaha would expect it to sell.

What about lesser mortals than people like me who have 1 car and 1 bike and want to seriously buy atleast a super-sport for the weekends and the odd ride to the office?

I mean on Tbhp itself.. I seriously want to know who all are going to shell out 12L-13L (Road tax / insurance etc) for the R1 with legit papers and taxes paid.

1-3 members tops. Anything more I will eat my post.

Actually on this thread itself I did not see 1 user saying they are going to buy it once its launched.
Old 18th August 2007, 19:41   #120

Location: Hyderabad(but present staying in Jeddah, Saudi Arabia)

gr8 news pals........

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks