Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th August 2007, 13:43   #76
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by black12rr View Post
Damn , how about launch discount of 40 % of the price tag .
Yamaha India,you still have not learnt lessons .
i cannot agree with you more. 40% launch discount sound pretty nice to my pocket. any idea when they plan to bring the bikes to the showrooms.
Old 9th August 2007, 13:50   #77
Senior - BHPian

11.5 for the R1 !!!! Whats the MT01 going to sell at then - 15 lakhs?
Old 9th August 2007, 16:18   #78
Senior - BHPian

This might have a ripple effect .What if all the other liter bikes from honda,kawa,suzuki also cost the same ! .There will be less takers and it will be flop like f650 .And they will stop importing and will not have superbikes for another decade .Huhnn ! what crap.
Old 9th August 2007, 16:21   #79
BHPian

OMG, 11.50 lacks, i would still buy from a dealer.... and save the bucks
Old 9th August 2007, 17:42   #80
BHPian

1 word, Darn Expensive, wait thats 2.
Old 9th August 2007, 18:12   #81
BHPian

There is a fazer in dispaly in the Yamaha showroom in mount road near spencers
Old 9th August 2007, 20:37   #82
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SohailPistawala View Post
OMG, 11.50 lacks, i would still buy from a dealer.... and save the bucks
should'nt it be more expensive from a dealer, with their margins involved? since the recent impounding of bikes due to lack of papers and proper duties not being paid due you think it is safe buying bikes from dealers.
Old 9th August 2007, 21:49   #83
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy View Post
should'nt it be more expensive from a dealer, with their margins involved? since the recent impounding of bikes due to lack of papers and proper duties not being paid due you think it is safe buying bikes from dealers.
Quite true. With the risk involved in buying a bike from any other private seller, the dealer would surely have clean papers. I'm sure that would even help the resale value too,but only to a certain extent.
Old 9th August 2007, 22:24   #84
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitin View Post
Quite true. With the risk involved in buying a bike from any other private seller, the dealer would surely have clean papers. I'm sure that would even help the resale value too,but only to a certain extent.
buying the bike from an official dealer would help you claim depreciation on the bike. clean papers and would be a hassle free experience. what i meant was the private dealers of bikes and second hand bikes. there you would not have a hassle free experience.
Old 9th August 2007, 23:14   #85
BHPian

11.5 lacs !!!!!!

" Hello, is that South End Honda - I'd like my Civic in midnight hawk black please, thank you"

rev
Old 10th August 2007, 01:03   #86
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rtech View Post
Hmm. Sadly what I heard came true. 28,000$ for an R1 is just too steep. However, I am sure there will be a decent response to the bike. There would be quite a few willing to shell out an additional 2 lakhs for peace of mind, warranty, loan facility and totally clean paperwork.

And the prices of grey imports would drop a bit now as well. Which would affect the prices of the used bikes, which in turn is good for us who can't fork out the moolah for a new one.
Well Put Rtech exactly my thoughts: The only light I see in this dark tunnel is used 600+s !!might!! be cheaper to buy now. Sadly finding a good bike with clean papers would be tough.

Quote:
black12rr :
This might have a ripple effect .What if all the other liter bikes from honda,kawa,suzuki also cost the same ! .There will be less takers and it will be flop like f650 .And they will stop importing and will not have superbikes for another decade .Huhnn ! what crap.
Sadly . I repeat!!!! A.n.y.t.h.i.n.g over 6Lacs for a bike in the next 1-3 years in India WILL Flop.

SuperBikes are mainly for enthusiasts which is a limited target audience. If it were 6Lacs or lesser, middle class lesser mortals would be able to put a loan and pick up one. However now its going to be only for the Upper crust who could buy it under their business name or the sorts.

And the only way it can sell for about 6Lacs is if some manufacturer makes proper plans to make it right here at home and may be export it abroad as well.

Maybe we can hope Suzuki / Honda............. Ahhwww forget it ...............

Actually my response to this news should just be 75 of these -

Last edited by IronWolf : 10th August 2007 at 01:11.
Old 10th August 2007, 01:39   #87
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rev_hard View Post
11.5 lacs !!!!!!

" Hello, is that South End Honda - I'd like my Civic in midnight hawk black please, thank you"

rev
...I guess most people would move in the direction of the 4-wheelers,when they hear the price of the 2-wheelers..
Old 10th August 2007, 03:33   #88
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitin View Post
...I guess most people would move in the direction of the 4-wheelers,when they hear the price of the 2-wheelers..
buying a superbike is not for the faint hearted nitin. its passion and pure pleasure of feeling the wind in your face.
Old 10th August 2007, 10:20   #89
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy View Post
buying a superbike is not for the faint hearted nitin. its passion and pure pleasure of feeling the wind in your face.
speedy..i was obviously kidding.. anyone who wants to own a SBK,will have to shell out what ever it takes to own the bike they like.
Just adding on the rev_hard's comment..thought it was funny.
Old 10th August 2007, 10:37   #90
Senior - BHPian

11.5 Lacs is very expensive.
Rajiv Bajaj once said in an interview, that Bajaj has the technology to develop engines upto 600cc. I think its high time, he does that and put it as an alternative to the R1 . Obviously it is a bad comparison . But I think still a lot of us who dream of a superbike but can't afford an R1 would happily go for a Bajaj 600 .

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks