Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th August 2022, 20:57   #31
BHPian

Re: Confused dreams of a Middleweight | Trident v/s Street Triple R for 2 lakhs more?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ubermensch View Post
If stretching the budget is not a constraint, the street triple R has no competition. ...The smiles per throttle will be immeasureable with a big bike, while underpowered bikes tend to lose the lustre
Though i do intend to test drive the z900, it also has an uncomfortable pillion seat, but an amazing package nevertheless

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreasyCarb55 View Post
I'd also add the Tiger Sport 660 to the list, it has the Inline 3 symphony Triumph bikes are known for in a sport touring like package...Ninja 1000, Tiger Sport 660 and the V-Strom 650 would be my personal top 3.
I had test riddent the Tiger Sport 660 and have documented my observations about the wierdly shaped seat in the first post. Add to that, the incompetence of Triumph SVC unanimously pointed out by everyone. Triumphs have unfortunately dropped to the bottom of the list.

Quote:
Originally Posted by doga View Post
Well my thinking is exact opposite, the only bike which fits well into the Indian context is the middleweight naked. We don't have tracks -just the 3 which is generally accessible. Most tarred surface is not well laid
I personally prefer committed riding position of a sportsbike, but sadly even after paying so much road tax and toll all you get is potholes and badly laid roads. It's hard to make peace with but it's what it is here in India.
Hello doga, i started off with naked bikes because i also have similar thoughts in mind. I do intend to go to the track someday but would i want to do it on an expensive bike, is a different story. Same applies to off roading as well. Some of the forum members would agree that the middleweight bikes do offer a relaxed riding position, ease of use and a decent screen can help address wind blast as well. power figures are also not that bad. The only major issue is that the companies don't want us riders to ride with pillions. They want us to be selfish and have all the fun for us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slash View Post
Hey Pratik, reading through your posts I feel that there is a certain nervousness and hesitation on getting on to the bigger bikes in terms of power, size or weight...Good luck on your journey!
hello slash and thank you for your thoughts. I do agree that I have test ridden a few very different bikes and heavier on paper comared to my current steed. You are right that i should put in efforts to improve my skills than shying away from heavier bikes, but it's just that i am being aspirational by expecting somewhat similar levels of comfort from a lighter bike. As doga mentioned earlier, bulky bikes do get a little combersome in the city. I am not worried about dropping a bike or managing the bike once it is moving or during stop and go traffic, the big bikes are going to give a proper workout when pushing/pulling them out of tight parking spots, backing out of tricky situations, or picking it up (with bike held behind you) when it is dropped.

I will be test riding Ninja 1000, V-Strom650 and CB650R with an open mind. I was planning to do it this coming weekend but as luck may have it, a medical emergency at home is going to delay things . Let's see how things turn out.

Regarding a used Triumph, I have left my number with the Triumph folks to call me in case something comes up. The Trident that they had was sold a few days prior to when I test rode the Triumph bikes.
pratik_terni is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th August 2022, 12:10   #32
BHPian

Re: Confused dreams of a Middleweight | Trident v/s Street Triple R for 2 lakhs more?

Typical Head vs Heart.

If two up riding is a filter, get the one your pillion is most comfortable on. Forget the rest. If the one sitting behind isn't comfortable, you won't be riding much, period. And if you won't be riding much, doesn't matter if you have an inline triple or a boxer twin in the garage.

My pick with pillion will be these:

Road riding (bad roads included):
Versys 650.
V strom (Brilliant engine, but the package is now too old, it is like buying a Duster over a the fancy Korean today)
Tiger Sport 660.
CB500X
G310GS
Ninja 1000 SX (Sports tourer like none, but ground clearance is an issue, also will eat tyres faster and the mileage will be lower.)
CBR 650R (The best compromise. The pillion should be fine, but it is not really a tourer, as the the riding position is sportier than anything in the list above. But, a good looker and a Japanese in-line four.)

If pillion is negotiable, the street triple is good. Will keep you happy for longer. If, Triumph is out, the Z900 is a good package, not as good as the striple, but close. That engine is smooth, reliable and the suspension is adjustable.

If you don't want something as powerful and expensive, the Ninja 400 is a good bet. It is powerful enough and is rated highly for its handling dynamics. Would teach you all there is about motorcycling without trying to rip your head off if you are a bit of an obstinate student. I know it is closer to Ninja 650 and far more expensive than the KTM 390, but it is smoother, revs higher and will keep you smiling for longer.

Cheers.
forty6 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th August 2022, 12:45   #33
BANNED

Street triple RS any day against Trident, but again you should set your priority whether you want to ride with pillion, going to use for trips, want something which can float through pot holes, speed beakers easily.
Don't worry about the size of bike and weight, I directly jumped from RD350 to Tiger 800 xcx and from the day one I never had any issues with the Bangalore traffic.
Best would be picking mid or full size adv bike, trust me seeing the mammoth around people leave space even in traffic.
Ajaybiz is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th August 2022, 23:43   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pratik_terni View Post
MODS: Please feel free to place it in the right thread if this does not deserve a separate one.

Background: I have owned a CBR 250R for the last 8 years and have done close to 33k kms on the bike mainly in the first 6 years of ownership (almost 0 rides in Covid). The 33k kms include city plus weekend rides to places close to Bangalore, farthest being Pondicherry (393 kms one way due to the lovely Vellore route that we chose). 99% of the trips are mainly me and my wife deciding a place and me riding there with wifey as pillion.
Confusion: The CBR 250R is a beautiful bike and super reliable, I never really enjoyed riding it and I have still held on to it for 8 years cos it is that reliable, has alloys and is decently powered for long rides. I actually wanted to buy a Duke 390 but the horror stories of reliability issues back in 2014 were enough to keep me away from it.
You're in quite a soup man!

I have been in there and have come out recently.

Same as you, I have been using the CBR250R, since 2018 though. Have done some 25k kms on it till now. And it is a lovely bike, city or highway absolutely amazing piece of engineering from Honda.

Quote:
Now I am looking for a middleweight upgrade (preferably naked) to my CBR 250r and the usage would primarily be city and weekend rides as mentioned earlier. This would mostly be a used bike cos I want to restrict the budget to 9 lakhs max. It would definitely not hurt to upgrade by not using that entire budget. I am thinking something in the 70-80 bhp range.
Sorry to spoil it for you - A middleweight cannot replace the duties of a CBR.

I have been there, done that and trust me, it was not a good decision.
I had replaced my 150CC commuter with a 300CC Benelli and was frustrated with the decision. Eventually ended up selling the Benelli and getting the CBR.

Quote:
I don't think a 100+ bhp bike would really make sense because:
1. I may not have the skills for handling it
2. The engine heat and subjecting the bigger bike to Bangalore traffic would not be fair to the bike and me
3. I don't know where I'd even use that much power to really enjoy a 100 bhp bike without the right skills

My primary expectations from the bike are:
1. Pillion comfort because WIFE
1. Fun to ride bike which is manageable in city traffic and tight tip toeing spots. I am not fat but not skinny either, lazy with a height of 5' 10". And nowhere close to being fit.
2. Good ground clearance
3. I do not want an attention magnet

I know I have put 2 points up there as number 1 because my wife might read this.
I had quite similar expectations and I took the plunge towards the Versys 650.

It perfectly fits your price, power and above requirements.
To be honest, of the 5 bikes I have ever owned, my wife is happiest accompanying me on the Versys.

So before I took the plunge for my Versys I took test-rides on the Vstrom, Versys, CB500X, Duke 390. The baby Tiger wasn't out back then, but a few reviews helped me make decision.

CB500X - Great bike, but on the price front its too expensive for what it offers. Also, after a few days you would not feel it as a true upgrade to your CBR.
Vstrom - Best in category, the V engine is a gem, the bike is perfectly balanced and handles like a charm. Looks are subjective tho.
Versys - Best of the lot for your requirement. It is a bit top heavy compared to the V-Strom, but after a while you wont notice as the bike is very well balanced. Also, it has the best and adjustable suspension, neither of the bikes above get this.
Tiger - Small pillion seat, triple heats a lot in the city traffic.

Some of my experiences which might help you come to a conclusion.
My CBR ownership thread (My 2018 Honda CBR 250R)
My Versys Ownership thread (The All-Rounder | My Kawasaki Versys 650 | Ownership Review)
My CB500X Test ride (Honda CB500X launched at Rs. 6.87 lakh)
My Comparison of the 4 Advs (Honda CB500X launched at Rs. 6.87 lakh)

At-last a word of advice - If possible, please hold on to your CBR. Any middleweight cannot replace a good versatile 250cc commuter.
iamahunter is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 19th August 2022, 15:08   #35
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Thank you very much Neil for the welcome and for the reply. I was really hoping for you to read my queries and provide your inputs.
pratik_terni, by now the other forum members have chipped in with their valuable perspectives as well. Some thoughts
- We have all shared our recommendations based on our individual experiences with many of these big capacity motorcycles and your stated use case. If I go back to your first post, you mentioned that the "usage would primarily be city and weekend rides as mentioned earlier". Of course, weekends rides in this case would be with your better half.
- The big question is how much city riding will you actually do with this big bike? From Monday to Friday, if you might do work commuting, grocery shopping, mall runs etc, then getting a friendly middleweight motorcycle makes all the sense in the world. If you will commute in the city for 1 day a week for 2 kilometers up and down, then you could manage with a bigger capacity motorcycle. Its not the perfect playground for such a bike but its not the end of the world. If you are going to be riding from Jayanagar to Whitefield, even once a week, then you are back to a friendly middleweight motorcycle.
- I am a strong believer in upgrading motorcycles in stages. Moving from a CBR250 to a middleweight motorcycle will be a lot easier then upgrading to a litre class sports tourer (say Ninja 1000) or a heavy adventure bike (say Tiger 800). Your mileage may vary on this front.
- Specific to the Trident, it is a small motorcycle. There is no getting around it. It also doesnt have the big bike feel. I havent test ridden the Trident yet. However, my friends who have, did find the bike to be uninspiring. As a fellow TBHPian mentioned, for a little more money, you are getting a lot more bike in the Street Triple R. Again your mileage may vary on this front.
- I was a little surprised that your better half is comfortable with it. As long as the two of you are happy with the comfort, thats all that matters.
- Given that the Trident is a recent launch, you will be caught in the warranty trap for now.
- Dont worry about the stalling issue on the Street Triple 675. It was rectified with the Arrow Map and modified airbox change that Triumph did.
- On the Honda CB500X, yes, it is a lot of money for an A2 level motorcycle. Its easy to fall into the value trap. The Honda CB500X is not a VFM motorcycle. However, it does seem to be the one bike that is perfectly suited to your use case and it will fall in the sub Rs 9L price bracket, with accessories. Ask yourself if you would you rather buy a more VFM bike that heats up in the city, has a heavy clutch, weighs more etc or would you buy an expensive bike that does exactly what you want it to do?
- In case you are getting a more powerful motorcycle, then do consider retaining the CBR250 for city duties and local errands. You just might end up using the Honda CBR250 from Monday to Friday and using your big bike on the weekends, in which case, you should strongly consider all the bikes that I did not mention in my earlier post!
neil.jericho is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 4th September 2022, 16:22   #36
BHPian

Good afternoon All and my apologies for not being able to respond sooner. The last few weeks have been a little crazy. But due to my absence from the forum, please be warned that this is going to be a long post.
Quote:
Originally Posted by forty6 View Post
Typical Head vs Heart...Cheers.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajaybiz View Post
Street triple RS any day against Trident, but again you should set your priority whether you want to ride with pillion, going to use for trips, want something which can float through pot holes, speed beakers easily...
Thank you forty6 and Ajaybiz for your responses and I completely agree with you, the pillion comfort is a top priority. @forty6 I did manage to get a few test rides done of some of the shortlisted options. I'll get to them in a moment.
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamahunter View Post
You're in quite a soup man!
At-last a word of advice - If possible, please hold on to your CBR. Any middleweight cannot replace a good versatile 250cc commuter.
Yes, yes I am in a soup...or I was but I think the test drives did help massively. And thank you for the links, they had some really good content and your CBR thread talked about my biggest worry, quoted from your thread:
Quote:
A little off balance and you can fall because of the weight and then it’s not even easy to pick it up.
The CB500x thread (that you shared in your response) also has some great insights from you and the other members on this forum.
Quote:
Originally Posted by neil.jericho View Post
The big question is how much city riding will you actually do with this big bike? From Monday to Friday, if you might do work commuting, grocery shopping, mall runs etc, then getting a friendly middleweight motorcycle makes all the sense in the world.
- do consider retaining the CBR250 for city duties and local errands. You just might end up using the Honda CBR250 from Monday to Friday and using your big bike on the weekends, in which case, you should strongly consider all the bikes that I did not mention in my earlier post!
My usage from the big bike will mostly be exactly what you mentioned work commuting from Monday to Friday, grocery shopping, mall runs etc and weekend rides as well and that is why a middleweight motorcycle makes most sense here.
I do wish to use the middleweight as a stepping stone to big bikes would love to have both a middleweight and a litre class big bike in my garage in the future.
Thanks for clarifying my doubt on the engine stalling of Street Triple 675 as well.
Regarding your and iamahunter's comment on retaining the CBR250R for city runs just in case, I still have my trusted RX 135 to help. I won't be selling the CBR250R right away. I'll hold on to her for a few months at least after getting the next bike.

Now let's get to the test rides. I did manage to try the following over the last few days and in the below order:

Suzuki V-Strom 650: Very Comfortable, very linear power delivery and handles really well. Now I know why this gets recommended so often. The test ride bike did need getting a bit used to, especially the clutch. I managed to shut off the bike at the very first start after getting on the bike. The bike was a bit big and not something I am used to, felt a little heavy as well and I had to be careful riding it at very low or crawling speeds. On the move, the bike was very easy to handle.
The quoted on road price was 11.32 lakhs on road Bangalore and the bike would be delivered in a month. It was a very nice bike but I did not connect as much with the bike. There will be a learning curve involved with this bike, if i were to shortlist it.
Hona CB650R: The bike was simply beautiful. I was floored the minute I saw her, and the inline 4 rumble was simply beautiful. The upright seating posture was great, it made the bike feel very light, it actually felt lighter than my CBR250R. The ride was very pleasant and the seats felt comfortable to us both. I was actually smiling at the end of the test ride. The bike was ridden in a good amount of traffic. we did not turn it at signals and I have to admit that the heat was very well managed. The engine made its heat felt slightly only at the end the test ride at a signal, and that was also not much.

The only minor observation that I had was that the footpegs felt a little bit higher than my CBR, which cause the leg to be bent a little bit more at the knee. It will just need getting used to.
The quoted one road price was 11.30 lakhs on road and the bike can be delivered by end of September or early October, if booked over the next few days. Honda Big Wing did suggest that this was going to be the last batch of this bike and only red colour would be available. The next batch after this would be brought in March/April 2023.
I did feel that the price of a new bike was on the higher side compared to the competition though.
PS: I did see the red CBR650R that was in the showroom for display. The bike looked gorgeous. The bike has a sportier position compared to the naked sibling and the dealership did not have a test ride bike as well.

Honda CB500x: My observations are very similar to what Sman999 mentioned in his initial post. The ride was just amazing. It had a nice upright seating posture, the seats were very comfortable and spacious, the bike did not feel heavy at all. The bike felt very nimble and manageable. The bike did not heat up at all, the engine felt very peppy as well. But after riding the CB650R, it did feel underpowered a bit. Plus the bike is not going to be available at all till April 2023. The price is also not known but will most likely be in the range of what it was launched for - 8.5 to 8.6 lakhs on road. This is exactly where I feel that there should be more power on the bike for that price.
I compeltely agree with neil.jericho that this will be the bike to do it all but I have to say that this also does feel overpriced. This is my opinion and my opinion only and I do not wish to offend anyone, but the CB500x would be my pick eyes closed had it been in the range of 6.5 lakhs on road.

Kawasaki z900: After riding the Honda offerings, the way I held the handlebars felt a little wierd. The pillion seat was non-existent and I already knew that before hand from the comments mentioned here previously. But this bike has been on my mind for a really long time. And the minute the bike was switched on, I completely forgot about the pillion seat, the wierd riding position etc. The bike was a head turner. The way it rode, the way the engine responded and surged ahead so effortlessly at the slightest twist in the throttle was just fantastic.
Had I been looking for a bike just for me, without any focus on the pillion comfort, this would be the bike that would be toughest to strike off from the list because of that engine. The on-road proce of 11.7 lakhs on road Bangalore puts it in direct competition to the CB650R (from the price point) with the only negatives for z900 being pillion comfort and slightly higher maintenance. Might I say that the engine sounded better than the CB650R.
After riding the Z900, the itch to test ride the Ninja 1000 SX grew even worse but unfortunately, Kawasaki Bangalore do not have a test ride bike available for another month.

So what does all that mean? If you haven't figured out already, I was floored by the Honda CB650R. The bike felt just right and a big thank you to the forum members for recommending this bike.

This was just the easy part. I now have to figure out how to get my hands on one. I have been looking for used offerings regularly on OLX for the last few months and have come across only 1 bike there. The ad was posted very recently and the seller has quoted Rs. 10 lakhs for it. I asked the dealership and even he suggested something similar that these bikes don't hit the used market that often and if they do, the price quoted is usually high, so the buyers prefer a new bike. Plus these bikes usually get sold in riding circles.
I know I will have to wait to get the right specimen to make sure that the bike is trouble free but I don't really have any contacts in the superbike world. I have that one cousin who is a superbike rider and I have asked him to help with the search but other than him, I will be completely relying on OLX.

The second minor hurdle is that I do not wish to buy a new bike as it is nicely over my budget and I am hoping to get a good pre-owned option (for 8.5 - 9 lakhs maybe), but in case later I decide that I want to book a new bike due to lack of options in the used market, then according to the dealership I will have to wait till April 2023.

Requesting everyone to share your thoughts on how to proceed here.
pratik_terni is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th September 2022, 21:31   #37
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The second minor hurdle is that I do not wish to buy a new bike as it is nicely over my budget and I am hoping to get a good pre-owned option (for 8.5 - 9 lakhs maybe), but in case later I decide that I want to book a new bike due to lack of options in the used market, then according to the dealership I will have to wait till April 2023.
You do not wish to get a new bike, if this means you can get a new bike, I would suggest booking a new one straight away since this has stolen your heart.

From your research it seems unlikely you will get a pre owned one in good condition at the price point you are talking about. No point in having an unrealistic hope/expectation.

If you are fine with waiting till April 2023 (if you have to) then take a chance with the pre owned market.

Cheers
Cyborg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th September 2022, 10:37   #38
BHPian

Quote:
... I was floored by the Honda CB650R. ...

.. I have been looking for used offerings regularly on OLX for the last few months and have come across only 1 bike there. The ad was posted very recently and the seller has quoted Rs. 10 lakhs for it. I asked the dealership and even he suggested something similar that these bikes don't hit the used market that often and if they do, the price quoted is usually high, so the buyers prefer a new bike. Plus these bikes usually get sold in riding circles.
I know I will have to wait to get the right specimen to make sure that the bike is trouble free but I don't really have any contacts in the superbike world. I have that one cousin who is a superbike rider and I have asked him to help with the search but other than him, I will be completely relying on OLX.

Requesting everyone to share your thoughts on how to proceed here.
Mate, I personally would not go in for a used inline 4, especially if the price difference is so less.
My reason - An inline 4 is a sweet sounding machine and many buy one, put a loud exhaust and all they do is revv-bomb it or do fast fly-by. Eventually damaging the engine.
I am not saying that all owners do this, but finding one who doesn't do this kind of stuff from an unknown lot is a tough task.

I would suggest to go for a new one, even if it involved some wait time.
iamahunter is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd October 2022, 22:48   #39
BHPian

It sounds to me like any bike you buy will suffer in your heart for not being a Street Triple R, which sadly isn't an acceptable option as a 2 seater.

That tells me you should probably buy the "acceptable to the Home Minister" 660 Trident and have some of the Triumph triple magic instead of a different option with none of it.
Old 6th October 2022, 13:50   #40
BHPian

My time to chip in to this entertaining thread.

Since you're giving yourself time, do give the Ninja 1000SX a test ride.

Here in Delhi, Kawasaki literally had all their models available to test ride. I was just a walk in customer and they let me test ride whatever bike I desired. Love them for that!!

And that is when I rode the Ninja 1000SX and the Z900.

My observations:
Z900: as you rightly mentioned, the ergonomics feel weird, and I also felt it was top heavy. Looks wise thought, I've always felt this is a great looking urban bike. Fits well into urban and industrial settings. It has amazing sound characteristics too, it kind of just whistles past like a samurai. I did feel that bike's turning radius isn't that great. The performance is very city friendly too.

Ninja 1000SX: boy does this bike look ugly. To me it does. But I test drove it for a good 25-30 kms and honestly and I just wanted to buy the bike then and there. Would have if I could have. Thank god I couldn't. It is just so darn comfortable, and feels so stable and planted when riding. It has a really confidence inspiring edge to it. I rode it on MG Road which has open stretches as well as a lot of signals and traffic zones. I never felt I was on a bike bike that I couldn't manage. Then I returned to the showroom and the rep took me to a tour at the service station. It was a Sunday. Most owners I met there were Ninja 1000 owners, for many it was their 2nd or 3rd Ninja 1000. There was this group that does proper touring like Delhi to Sikkim etc on these bikes. They swear by the Ninja 1000.

Hope I could provide you some perspective about these bikes. especially the Ninja 1000 since you haven't ridden it yet.

One last option for you to consider, and I might get shot for this, but all I'm doing is helping a brother decide. I feel this option would be perfect for you, since my requirements are the same as yours (including the presence of a Home Minister) and I feel this option is more than perfect for me. This might not be in your budget, but I might as well share with you. And the option is
The All New Suzuki Hayabusa

Shocked? Don't be. It is ~just~ 70-80% above your budget. Atleast it is not 100% above your budget. . But what you are essentially getting is a bulletproof engine that you can worship and cherish for 15+ years. It has that magic carpet suspension that many say is the best they've seen especially for Indian engines. It literally glides over potholes. It has a very accessible engine, all bands of its rev ranges are very usable, which means it can be used for city commute. I'm actually saying this because I personally know someone who commutes to work to Old Delhi (you can imagine the rush, the manual traffic like cart pullers, rickshaws etc.) in a 2021 Hayabusa. That goes to say a lot about the bike. Also, the pillion comfort is magical. This is my dream and I am going to acquire this soon (I'm practicing manifestation here ).

Suzuki has worked on a winner here. Yes they reduced the horse power in the new Busa but they made the engine so accessible and ultra-refined.
nutcracker is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 6th October 2022, 20:57   #41
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nutcracker View Post
The All New Suzuki Hayabusa

Suzuki has worked on a winner here. Yes they reduced the horse power in the new Busa but they made the engine so accessible and ultra-refined.
75bhp will always be more fun than 175bhp on the road.

I've ridden 175bhp bikes and genuinely find them rather boring after the first couple of "oh s***!" roll-on to redline sprints at speeds high enough to go to jail for.
Rob UK is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 7th October 2022, 14:46   #42
BHPian

My apologies for not being able to respond sooner. Work has been hectic. I even had to travel and I am not in Bangalore currently.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyborg View Post
You do not wish to get a new bike, if this means you can get a new bike, I would suggest booking a new one straight away since this has stolen your heart.
Cheers
Quote:
Mate, I personally would not go in for a used inline 4, especially if the price difference is so less.
I would suggest to go for a new one, even if it involved some wait time.
The CB650R is the bike that I loved from the lot, but I am currently in that value proposition trap that neil.jericho warned me against in his last post.
Getting a new bike would mean stretching my original budget of 7.5 lakhs for a bike (used) by almost 4 lakhs. This is where the head starts to take over and I am kind of trying to justify the purchase. I guess we all know how it is and where the descision usually heads to.

I was really hoping that I would get my hands on a good pre-worshipped model, but that seems highly unlikely.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob UK View Post
It sounds to me like any bike you buy will suffer in your heart for not being a Street Triple R, which sadly isn't an acceptable option as a 2 seater.

That tells me you should probably buy the "acceptable to the Home Minister" 660 Trident and have some of the Triumph triple magic instead of a different option with none of it.
This is where the CB650R comes in. It has a comfortable pillion seat, very easy to ride, a beautiful exhaust note and Honda reliability. And Home ministry's top choice from the list.

But as I mentioned above, it also brings in the value trap.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nutcracker View Post
My time to chip in to this entertaining thread.
Since you're giving yourself time, do give the Ninja 1000SX a test ride.
No No No!!! But I am not ready for the Hayabusa, budget or no budget . It is not what I am looking for at this point. Thanks for your inputs though.

Please don't get me wrong, it is a wonderful bike and I have been drooling over the images of GoBlue's silver bike which to me, is the best looking colour of the offered lot. Even I would love to own some day....but not today.

But fingers crossed for you.....really hoping that you get to realize your Hayabusa dream and grace us with a lovely ownership experience.

I do intend to test ride the Ninja 1000 once I am back, primarily because it is the most recommended bike and secondly, there are a few used options listed within my budget.
Old 30th October 2022, 11:14   #43
BHPian

Good morning All.

A quick update: The CB650R is sold out for the year. There was a CBR650R available due to a last minute cancellation, as of last week. The next lot is expected in January next year.

I will most likely be booking a new CB650R once it's available, but will also keep an eye out for a good used specimen.
Old 31st October 2022, 11:22   #44
BHPian

Quote:
Good morning All.

I will most likely be booking a new CB650R once it's available, but will also keep an eye out for a good used specimen.
Finally! good.

BTB, I brought home my CB650R last week. Ownership update coming soon.
Old 31st October 2022, 14:21   #45
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sman999 View Post
Finally! good.

BTB, I brought home my CB650R last week. Ownership update coming soon.
Thank you and heartiest congratulations.....happy mile munching

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks