Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th March 2013, 02:22   #196
BHPian

re: How to Buy and live with a Superbike in India

Who says you can't get a Suzuki 650cc directly? Not sure about Honda CBR 600, but you can get Ninja 650, Suzuki GSX-650, Hyosung GT-650R as well as Ducati Monster, Harley Superlow, and most of the 650cc bikes in India through the dealers now.

When I bought the GT650R, I also had the wrong notion that you can't get too many superbikes, but after visiting all the showrooms in Bangalore, my perception totally changed!

Not sure if you can order a Yamaha R6 already, and hey why not look at BMW's latest 600-800 cc launches? (not sure how long you'd have to wait though)
Old 26th March 2013, 10:47   #197
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by OmThoke View Post
Who says you can't get a Suzuki 650cc directly? Not sure about Honda CBR 600, but you can get Ninja 650, Suzuki GSX-650, Hyosung GT-650R as well as Ducati Monster, Harley Superlow, and most of the 650cc bikes in India through the dealers now.

When I bought the GT650R, I also had the wrong notion that you can't get too many superbikes, but after visiting all the showrooms in Bangalore, my perception totally changed!

Not sure if you can order a Yamaha R6 already, and hey why not look at BMW's latest 600-800 cc launches? (not sure how long you'd have to wait though)
As far as I know, there is no GSX650 or similar bike in India. The Ducati Monster and HD both breach the 800cc barrier.
Old 27th March 2013, 00:55   #198
BHPian

You can actually speak to the Suzuki dealership (NOT all of them, but one on double road in Bangalore, which has the GSXR-1000 and Hayabusa on display), and they can help you in getting a Suzuki GSX-650 here! Anyway, now you have the Intruder M800 as well under the 10L (on-road) mark, and that bike is absolutely SMASHING!

Then there was a Ducati showroom on Lavelle road selling Ducati Monster 795, and now even a toned-down 595 version has also been rolled out, but the dealership has been shut-down, so I don't know how one could possibly get it here in Bangalore anymore.

Again Harley XL Superlow is only 883 cc, but it fits the 7L (on-road) budget too
Old 27th March 2013, 03:13   #199
BHPian

Quote:
you sure the Suzuki 600 is available thru a dealer?

http://www.suzukimotorcycle.co.in/su...e-listing.aspx

has a listing of all their offerings.....
Old 27th March 2013, 09:57   #200
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harish.Krovvidi View Post
you sure the Suzuki 600 is available thru a dealer? .
Well yes Harish, actually when I bought my GT650R, I had gone to Suzuki showroom, and inquired - they had GSXR-1000, Hayabusa, Bandit, Intruder M800, 1800, and then when I asked about 600-800cc bikes, he told me that GSX-650 can be ordered, but may take like 3-4 months for delivery.

Not sure if they import it directly, because it's not directly available in India at the moment. And, yeah, you can't get a loan for such bikes. However, Tata & HDFC can fund the other superbikes that are normally sold in India. (Tata funded my GT650r, though with a little fuss, and their requirements are rather stringent - own house proof, gross income - 15L+ bla bla)

For those looking for a cruiser, Intruder M800 is an AWESOME machine at 9 lakhs budget (on-road in Bangalore)

By the way, why not look at the Hyosung GT-650R - it's a beast, which won't disappoint you in terms of performance, but won't burn bigger holes in your pocket, unlike the other 800-1000cc superbikes either.

Last edited by OmThoke : 27th March 2013 at 10:15.
Old 28th March 2013, 08:57   #201
JVH
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Then there was a Ducati showroom on Lavelle road selling Ducati Monster 795, and now even a toned-down 595 version has also been rolled out
What is the toned down 595 version you are talking about?
Both Ducati Monster 795 and 796 are 803cc.
Old 28th March 2013, 09:07   #202
Senior - BHPian

Note from Support - Some posts have been moved to the relevant threads. Please refrain from Off Topic discussions.
n_aditya is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th March 2013, 10:33   #203
BHPian

I am looking for complete procedure to register a DRI Auction bike.
A friend in Delhi owns a CBR 600 F4i which is an DRI auction bike and its still not registered.
Can some one throw some light on the step by step procedure about how to get it registered thru the Delhi RTO.
Old 28th March 2013, 20:29   #204
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JVH View Post
What is the toned down 595 version you are talking about?
Both Ducati Monster 795 and 796 are 803cc.
Jay,
Probably he was trying to refer to Ducati 696.
Believe this comes withe a smaller motor churning out 80 ponies. How to Buy and live with a Superbike in India-bikespecialducatimonster69613.jpg

Last edited by ku69rd : 28th March 2013 at 20:33.
Old 12th April 2013, 10:10   #205
BANNED

Quote:

Any bike can be sourced but due to stupid Indian law of only 800+ cc bikes will be considered as premium bike and they qualify for import duty exemption, any thing less than 800 cc should pay the full import duty and taxes which actually crosses 110% all together, that way people importing 600 cc bike may end up paying a lot extra compared to the liter class bike.
Other way to avoid such a heavy duty and taxes is CKD route, which Triumph is trying to implement in India, lets see when it's going to happen.
Old 12th April 2013, 10:41   #206
BHPian

Yeah I know that, but Suzuki guys apparently have a work-around of sourcing even 600cc bikes without paying 110% import duty. I guess it comes to somewhere around 70-80% on the GSX-600.

Anyway, I think I'll inquire with them, and then post the proper stats, because my post seems to be causing lot of confusion, and leading to open discussions here

And, considering that BMW has joined hands with TVS and planning to source the smaller sports bikes soon, Suzuki may also include the 600cc bikes in their standard Indian portfolio soon enough.
OmThoke is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th April 2013, 12:36   #207
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
You can actually speak to the Suzuki dealership

Then there was a Ducati showroom on Lavelle road selling Ducati Monster 795, and now even a toned-down 595 version has also been rolled out, but the dealership has been shut-down, so I don't know how one could possibly get it here in Bangalore anymore.
Om - this is good if the dealer on double road can source 650's.

Regarding your comment on the Ducati showroom - the one on Lavelle road shut down ages ago. Now Adya motors (TATA dealer) (on ORR - almost opposite Manyata Tech park) is the dealer. A few weeks ago I did visit them and they had a few in stock.
Old 12th April 2013, 14:51   #208
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shubz View Post
Regarding your comment on the Ducati showroom - the one on Lavelle road shut down ages ago. Now Adya motors (TATA dealer) (on ORR - almost opposite Manyata Tech park) is the dealer. A few weeks ago I did visit them and they had a few in stock.
Well yes it was shut down ages ago, but still they had 1 Ducati Monster and a few apparels and merchandise on display for a long time (several months in fact - guess Ducati was paying the rent for a non-operational showroom lol!).

Nice to know that a new one has come up near MTP - will try to go and check out the Monster some day.
Old 27th April 2013, 11:31   #209
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yogisays0909 View Post
I am looking for complete procedure to register a DRI Auction bike.
A friend in Delhi owns a CBR 600 F4i which is an DRI auction bike and its still not registered.
Can some one throw some light on the step by step procedure about how to get it registered thru the Delhi RTO.
Can someone please help on this. Getting weird rates from different agents.
ranging from 80K to 2 lakhs.
Old 9th May 2013, 04:45   #210
BHPian

Are there any 80-mid 90s era 2 stroke superbikes for sale? Mostly like NSR 500. On the internet there don't seem to be any; it looks like whatever got imported then, either have been junked, kept and revered or circulate within close groups.

I know its generally a bad idea to buy such bikes, with almost zero service or parts available (its hard enough maintaining RDs). But still, is it possible to find? How does one get around it.

(Don't spend too much time answering, my biggest worry is that it is passing fancy; but everytime I chance upon a 2 stroke video on the net, and hear that revving noise, I dream about it for the next 2 days; and this has happened regularly for the last 5 years, since I sold off by RXG after I got out of college.)

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks