Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th March 2020, 16:31   #316
Senior - BHPian

Re: How to Buy and live with a Superbike in India

Quote:
Originally Posted by iron.head View Post
My brand new Suzuki DR650SE here in Canada.

Attachment 1985388

Attachment 1985389
Fantastic!!

I love dual sport motorcycles and you have one of the best.

A long standing 30 year old champion this is.

The best thing about these are that you can simply take these off track into the woods and trails and have amazing fun. This would almost double up as an adventure bike, if only that fuel tank was little bigger.

Takes me back to Australia in the out back over a decade and a half ago when this bike was a regular weekend getaway. It was a hoot. The charm was in its simplicity and beginner friendly nature.

Hit those trails and have fun!

Last edited by bigron : 29th March 2020 at 16:42.
bigron is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 5th April 2020, 09:59   #317

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbo View Post
Congrats on the bike mate! She's a stunner, and wish you many happy (s)miles on it.

Could you please tell me if the ZX10R was also considered, and if yes, how much was the price difference between the two?
hi - the 10R on road was 14.2. 6R was 11.6 on road. I just didn't have the confidence to go straight to a liter bike. Hence settled for a 600cc!
pvinod_p is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 13th May 2020, 16:30   #318
BANNED

Just curious if this is the right time to pick up a used superbike?

Will the deals post lockdown be better than they were before lockdown, and will there be more variety?
Old 13th May 2020, 16:41   #319
Team-BHP Support

Quote:

Will the deals post lockdown be better than they were before lockdown, and will there be more variety?
Very few people will be looking forward to riding again in 2020 - so I won't be surprised to see more bikes in the used market soon.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th May 2020, 17:32   #320
BHPian

Quote:

Unfortunately, financial security might also be a huge factor for more number of sbks coming up in the market. Over the years we have seen more people other than the ultra-rich picking up their dream machines who might not necessarily be able to justify paying emi for an sbk in this climate.

So in a weird twisted way, there might be a spike in used sbks in the market. So keep a lookout for those.

Cheers
Krishna
krishnaprasadgg is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th May 2020, 17:32   #321
BHPian

Quote:

Assuming that one is not financially handicapped, I feel this is a good time to pick up a used superbike (or even sell) considering -

1. Transition from BS4 to BS6: Many might want to upgrade to the newer version. As a result, there's going to be good chances of 'good condition' bikes on offer. Not sure if all showrooms have been able to sell off all their stocks - so that could also be a good starting point.

2. Lockdown stock: Because of the lockdown - dealers and individual sellers might be looking to clear out their existing inventory and might also be in need of some cash/monetary inflow. One could use the 'lockdown' as a bargaining chip (or negotiation tool).

3. BS6 pricing leading to higher demand : Since prices will go up for the newer versions, there might be more chances of people visiting the 'pre-owned/used' domain. It can get tricky (exit-lockdown) because the wants and needs will have to be balanced. Seeing that the showroom prices are hiked, sellers would increase their rate slightly so as to benefit from the 'business void of lockdown'. That's why I said its a tricky slope and one needs to find that 'perfect opening' and/or 'opportunity to strike in one's favor'!

Since you've not mentioned the criteria of superbike you are planning to get, the 'variety' might be subject to brands and the lineups that are getting overhauled.

For example (non-superbikes also included): The Kawasaki 650/1000 range will be launched with added features. The Triumph Tiger range undergoes a complete overhaul - 900 series. Ducati is yet to formally announce the new lineup (please correct me here). While KTM is happy where they are.

Irrespective of the factors, a 'used superbike' purchase is always timeless! Case in point the effervescent Hayabusa - still sets the market ablaze!

Hope some of this helps
TheVaas is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 15th May 2020, 13:02   #322
BANNED

How's this for a deal?

https://www.instagram.com/p/CAEytkpg...d=timx3neox4t3

The only concern for me is that it's a 2010 model. So that's just another 4 and a half to 5 years validity in Delhi.
Attached Thumbnails
How to Buy and live with a Superbike in India-screenshot_20200515_125904_com.instagram.android.jpg  

turbo is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 1st June 2020, 22:23   #323
BHPian

My "new" used Suzuki GSX-R600 2017! Almost 4 lakhs INR for a 1000 km run, pristine condition bike!

How to Buy and live with a Superbike in India-20200523_160245.jpg
iron.head is offline   (16) Thanks
Old 16th July 2020, 11:06   #324
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iron.head View Post
My "new" used Suzuki GSX-R600 2017! Almost 4 lakhs INR for a 1000 km run, pristine condition bike!
Seems like you are on a spree to add motorcycles. This 600 Gixxer is great addition to go with your DR650. While this one can go around the tracks on blistering speeds, the DR650 has a cult following worldwide due to its simplistic nature and go anywhere capability. No wonder people prefer the DR650 or KLR650 as a world tourer. Follow ATGATT (All the gear All the time) always.

I am waiting for couple of guys in my circle to sell their rides. I'll grab the first one whichever is up for sale. 2008 Honda VFR800 aka Interceptor - One of the smoothest v4 of previous generation. Another one in contention is a 2016 Triumph Daytona 675. Daytona is somewhat niche and I love that 675CC Triple engine. If I get this Triumph, it will be my primary around town ride and also for occasional track days.

Here is my current ride in Dallas, 2014 VStrom 1000. I upgraded from a Vulcan 650 to this at the end of last year. When I bought my Vstrom it had only 6000 miles and it almost looks and sounds like a brand new one. I put another 2000 miles in it now and it is very comfortable bike I ever rode. Miles will rake up as soon as this Covid'19 situation improves.

How to Buy and live with a Superbike in India-vstrom1000.jpg
hema4saran is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 16th August 2020, 17:07   #325
BHPian

Quote:
How's this for a deal?

https://www.instagram.com/p/CAEytkpg...d=timx3neox4t3

The only concern for me is that it's a 2010 model. So that's just another 4 and a half to 5 years validity in Delhi.
Seen 2010 and 2011 going for less than 5 Lakhs in delhi just before lockdown.
Old 5th October 2020, 23:04   #326
BHPian

An impressive and informative video from Schumi (PowerDrift) on buying used Superbikes in India. Gosh I paid attention the whole time.

Guess this needs a new thread in itself on the checklist that was mentioned.

Part 1:

Part 2:
aghate is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 12th October 2020, 20:19   #327
BHPian

Another really insightful video from Schumi!

aghate is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 1st May 2021, 09:54   #328
BHPian

Hi guys, I am looking to purchase a used / new superbike sometime later this year and one question that's bothering me is where do I park it safely. I live in a typical Mumbai / Thane high-rise gated society with open parking for my car which is mostly always in use since I don't use the car for city runabouts.

Now when it comes to motorcycles, our society has many unmarked parking spots all around on a first come first serve basis and most of these spots are open spots. Since 2020, the number of bikes have increased and it's getting difficult by the day to find a parking, especially if one returns late in the day.

So just trying to understand how are some of the members who do not have private enclosed garage protecting their dream bike from prying eyes? A thought is to rent another car parking space for this purpose and do something like fellow member SnS_12 does to protect his Hayabusa aka Bluebird as seen in his pictures below taken off his thread (My Suzuki Hayabusa aka Bluebird S12)

Yes, I do have couple of bikes up for the above task if required But anything else that can be done?
Attached Thumbnails
How to Buy and live with a Superbike in India-screenshot_20210501094038.jpg  

camitesh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st May 2021, 10:01   #329
Team-BHP Support

^^
Check if there’s a space to squeeze alongside your car parking. If there is no space or the building RWA doesn’t permit, I will look at a paid option, say a car park of a fellow flat owner who doesn’t have a car. Getting it on rental elsewhere may defeat your daily usage purpose.
Turbanator is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 1st May 2021, 11:05   #330
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by camitesh View Post
A thought is to rent another car parking space for this purpose and do something like fellow member SnS_12 does to protect his Hayabusa aka Bluebird as seen in his pictures below taken off his thread (My Suzuki Hayabusa aka Bluebird S12)

Yes, I do have couple of bikes up for the above task if required But anything else that can be done?
When we shifted to this house we had two cars and a few bikes, so we purchased this parking spot as it was in a secluded area and could accommodate two cars and a few bikes with ease.

But despite being a owned parking people still make their way here and keeping lifting up the covers to check out the bikes. That photo is from the initial ownership days of the Busa and still with all that protection from other bikes and two covers people still continued doing what they did. It was becoming a pain for me mentally and physically as moving all the bikes to get the Busa out was an added physical task. But eventually things settled down and this is how I park the bikes now for easy access.

One society member thought that this is common parking where only motorcycles with parking covers are parked and parked his new Activa under a cover next to my bikes

How to Buy and live with a Superbike in India-62eefc747da4485f8c732ff0d85d5f4a.jpeg

In your case since you don’t have a spare dedicated parking and parking the bike along with your car would be a tight squeeze the best option would be rent out a parking from a fellow society member or swap with a better/ closed parking space if available.

Also, parking the bike in the open even under a cover won’t be the ideal option as it will increase the moisture content during monsoon leading to unwanted rusting and fungal growth so try to get a shaded parking.
SnS_12 is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks