Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th November 2007, 23:34   #106
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prabhuav View Post
I have always wondered if such high octane levels are needed in bike engines. In the US the recommendation is only for 87.
High octane is really needed as the compression ratio goes high... All the new super bikes in US uses high octane.. not 87, coz the compression ratio is more. (i can tell u that, coz now i m in US of A). Simple example, i have increased the compression of my bike (it s a TVS Apache - bored out to 200cc), by some shaving, to 10.5 and i m using 91 octane. As the compression goes high(11 or 11.5 or may be 12), we need to use high octane petrol, no matter what u ride...

Last edited by Rehaan : 18th November 2007 at 05:46. Reason: wat = what
Old 19th November 2007, 15:52   #107
BHPian

guys...can't we have some recommendations for superbike service centres in our cities? members using the services of these establishments could enlighten some of us on where we can go in case we wanted something done.
Old 4th December 2007, 17:07   #108
BHPian

Good idea raftaar. I'd been thinking of just that.
My Blade's doc is called Harsha and his Clinic- Top Gear- is in Basavanagudi. I recommend him highly: he knows his onions, respects your ride, and comes up with viable solutions. It's also a comfort that he rides a Blade and tunes many superbikes across the tech spectrum.
PM me if you want his mobile #.
Old 12th January 2008, 13:53   #109
BHPian

A guy over here in Hyderabad is selling his 2007 CBR which he has brought from UK. I didnt get to see the bike condition. But he priced it at 11,00,000 INR.

Am not sure about the bikes condition just wanted to find if 11lakhs sounds reasonable for this bike. I may check the bike in a day or 2 wil post the pictures then.
Old 12th January 2008, 18:09   #110
GTO
Team-BHP Support

For about the same price, you can get a brand new R1 officially from Yamaha India, with bill and warranty. Why go for a grey market CBR then?
Old 12th January 2008, 20:02   #111
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
For about the same price, you can get a brand new R1 officially from Yamaha India, with bill and warranty. Why go for a grey market CBR then?
You have got the point. I just wanted to check if that price is reasonable for a 2nd hand CBR.
Old 17th February 2008, 16:24   #112
Senior - BHPian

it is not worth buying a CBR at that prize. what GTO said is right u can get a R1 with full documents and service.

if i am not wrong even the Hayabusa is somewhere in that range correct me if i am wrong
Old 19th February 2008, 16:00   #113
Team-BHP Support

Lately, i have heard from a couple of people that Dreambikes has been selling 600's for 6.5L odd, and that too with reasonably strong paperwork.
Can anyone confirm the same, any first hand experiences?

manson.
Old 25th February 2008, 09:20   #114
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manson View Post
Lately, i have heard from a couple of people that Dreambikes has been selling 600's for 6.5L odd, and that too with reasonably strong paperwork.
Can anyone confirm the same, any first hand experiences?

manson.
If the bike costs 6.5 and the guy is giving you duty papers of 3, isnt it something to think about?

Usually you pay that kind of duty when the bike is a full duty+penalty paid bike.
Old 25th February 2008, 11:02   #115
BHPian

Our wonderful indian government has told Harley Davidson that there will be no special duty cut for HD, if they want to bring their bikes into the country. This was in today's TOI.

Mera Bharat Mahan.
Old 25th February 2008, 11:14   #116
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prithvi View Post
Our wonderful indian government has told Harley Davidson that there will be no special duty cut for HD, if they want to bring their bikes into the country. This was in today's TOI.

Mera Bharat Mahan.
Even though that's disgusting on the govt's part, I'm not that disappointed in this case because its HD. I'm not a fan of their bikes at all. They are just unreliable, heavy, loud, oil leaking, gas guzzlers & expensive.
Old 29th February 2008, 13:37   #117
BHPian

The Harley story is all about arm twisting and bizarre hegemonies and I'm BLOODY glad the Indian Govt did not yield to the pressures being brought to bear. We're 1.1 billion strong and can afford to show them the door. So what if their paltry 257 million (or whatever) do not eat our mangoes. They need our mangoes for their taste, nutritional value ...for being an exotic fruit. We need their expensive and elitist pseudo-technology crap like we need a Communist Government AND a Hole in the Head.

Not many people know that HD only survived the Jap onslaught when the US Govt kicked in with protectionist measures to save its last bike biz. Honda/Yamaha/Kwack and Olde Suzi-San wld have had them for breakfast.
Now they're a cult machine or so they think, and full of themelves. Be a fitting irony if they were KO'd by mangoes!!
Old 14th March 2008, 10:01   #118
BHPian

A very interesting thread indeed. A tribute to the biking community.
What I need to know now is, the procedure to officially import my 1991 Kawasaki 600 to Mumbai from Australia. (MH01, since I would be registering it at my south Mumbai res. address). Its registered in my name there since June 2007 & intend to continue using it in India. I have negligible idea about the entire procedure & seek the same from you mates. Thanks.
Old 14th March 2008, 13:46   #119
Senior - BHPian

Hi autozealot,

Please get in touch with prabhuav as he had got his Bike Transfered from US(I think)

Story Of a Biker
Old 14th March 2008, 14:20   #120
Team-BHP Support

Autozealot, the following link should certainly help:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motorb...ory-biker.html

EDIT: same link that techno's posted

In addition, look around for a record posted by rpanicker of bringing down his zx 7 to Mumbai. Remember him posting details.

manson.

Last edited by manson : 14th March 2008 at 14:22.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks