Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports

Search this Thread
Old 9th November 2022, 14:03   #16
BHPian

re: Triumph 2023 Street Triple 765 range unveiled. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 10.17 lakh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slash View Post
The free flow exhaust has been upgraded too. Can't wait to hear what the next soundtrack will be like over the already superb exhaust note.
Congrats!

Stock exhaust would not be a "free flow" / straight-pipe, emission certification cannot be passed with such configurations.

What the brochure spiel essentially means is the volume of air exiting the end-can is routed with (relatively) less obstructions than the previous generation's exhaust system.

May not be a significant difference in the real world from the previous gen STriple - it's difficult for manufacturers to put out good sounding exhausts with current emission norms.

Is there a specific reason why the RS hasn't been considered? The equipment is well worth the additional dough.

Last edited by GoBlue : 9th November 2022 at 14:10.
GoBlue is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th November 2022, 17:19   #17
BHPian

re: Triumph 2023 Street Triple 765 range unveiled. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 10.17 lakh

Thanks for the clarifications and info. I did take a look at the RS to begin with, knowing that the additional moolah is worth the specs. Here's my take.

Pricing - There's a difference of 3L on road between the R and RS currently in Bangalore. I'm presuming that with the new config another 1L+ will get added to the RS. Adding accessories such as the low seat, frame protectors, and other goodies may make it an overly expensive proposition in the region of 17-18L on road. At this price point another whole set of options open up and I don't want be in a quandary again.

Seat height - I'm neither comfortable with the 836mm height nor with the low seat option which straight away cuts 28mm and might make it more cramped. The standard 826mm on the R would be ok.

Suspension - From what I've read up is that they are quite stiff even on the lower settings and perhaps better suited for the track. It depends from person to person, but I feel that the R overall may be more manageable offering the same fun factor on our roads and for spirited semi urban riding.

Last edited by Slash : 9th November 2022 at 17:20.
Slash is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 21st February 2023, 18:22   #18
Team-BHP Support

Global test rides have commenced - ongoing in Spain this week. I expect a flood of video reviews should start flowing in by about first week of March or so, depending on the specific embargo dates they stipulate.

https://www.instagram.com/p/Co4a32tN...d=MjkzY2Y1YTY=

Triumph 2023 Street Triple 765 range unveiled. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 10.17 lakh-460f66100b474762b7ec98aed83644fb.jpeg

Triumph 2023 Street Triple 765 range unveiled. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 10.17 lakh-39a2162f22a14bdb89d9eb0e9793f536.jpeg

Axe77 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd February 2023, 13:50   #19
Senior - BHPian

2023 Triumph Street Triple 765 listed on India website

Looks like Triumph is gearing up to launch the 2023 Street Triple 765 R and 765 RS in India. Both bikes have now been listed on the brand’s India website.

Triumph 2023 Street Triple 765 range unveiled. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 10.17 lakh-screenshot-20230223-134710.jpg

Triumph has made some changes to the Street Triple 765 R and RS for the 2023 model year. The bikes get an updated twin-pod LED headlamp and redesigned body panels. The RS version of the streetfighter gets a belly pan, a lower chain guard and a pillion seat cowl with an interchangeable pillion seat.

While the bike retains the 765cc in-line 3-cylinder engine, it has now been tuned to produce 118.4 BHP @ 11,500 rpm and 80 Nm @ 9,500 rpm. The RS version packs a bigger punch with 128.2 BHP and 80 Nm on tap.

The Street Triple 765 RS comes equipped with 41 mm Showa upside-down fork suspension with an Ohlins mono-shock at the rear. The braking setup consists of dual 310 mm discs up front and a 220 mm disc at the rear.

Both variants get features such as riding modes, cornering ABS, lean-sensitive traction control, wheelie control and a bi-directional quick-shifter.

Link to Team-BHP News

Last edited by TusharK : 23rd February 2023 at 13:51.
TusharK is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd February 2023, 14:14   #20
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by TusharK View Post
2023 Triumph Street Triple 765 listed on India website

Looks like Triumph is gearing up to launch the 2023 Street Triple 765 R and 765 RS in India. Both bikes have now been listed on the brand’s India website.
Rumblings are that we might get formal launch and price announcements around the first week (/10 days) of March with a first lot of deliveries commencing as early as second half of March.

There are folks I believe who have held out for this updated version since as early as Q4 of calendar 2022 when news of this updated version had first trickled in.
Axe77 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd February 2023, 14:16   #21
BHPian

Why haven't I chanced upon this thread yet? That red bike has my vote and money!

Edit - The website is poorly designed, such a turn off - https://www.triumphmotorcyclesindia.com/

Last edited by TheHelix0202 : 23rd February 2023 at 14:30.
Old 23rd February 2023, 14:28   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axe77 View Post
Global test rides have commenced - ongoing in Spain this week. I expect a flood of video reviews should start flowing in by about first week of March or so, depending on the specific embargo dates they stipulate.
Varun Painter & Rohit Paradkar are also present at Jerez circuit for the test rides from India.

I've never ridden the Street Triple, though I've ridden with many STP riders. I should try one at the Pune showroom now. Always felt it's a sharp handler!

But cost wise, will this new line-up will be costlier than some litre class machines?

surjaonwheelz
surjaonwheelz is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd February 2023, 14:42   #23
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by surjaonwheelz View Post
Varun Painter & Rohit Paradkar are also present at Jerez circuit for the test rides from India.

But cost wise, will this new line-up will be costlier than some litre class machines?
Yes - Rohit was going I know - should be fun hearing his thoughts since he’s long owned a Daytona 675 as well, if I’m not mistaken.

The new RS should be even sharper handling in 2023 guise - you should definitely take a spin once the demos land at BU Bhandari. On price front, I’m expecting (purely my intuitive guess) 30 - 50k INR in R / RS (ex showroom). I don’t think they’ll push the envelope much beyond that.

Last edited by Axe77 : 23rd February 2023 at 14:44.
Axe77 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd February 2023, 14:53   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHelix0202 View Post
Edit - The website is poorly designed, such a turn off - https://www.triumphmotorcyclesindia.com/
I don’t think that is the correct website. You should try the below.

https://www.triumphmotorcycles.in

Cheers.
TheDarkKnight is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd February 2023, 16:34   #25
BHPian

I had checked with Keerthi Triumph in Bangalore, they said the test drive bikes should be available towards the second half of March.

According to SA, the price bump for the R should be around 30k. Eagerly waiting for the test drives
Old 23rd February 2023, 17:47   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Yes - Rohit was going I know - should be fun hearing his thoughts since he’s long owned a Daytona 675 as well, if I’m not mistaken.

The new RS should be even sharper handling in 2023 guise - you should definitely take a spin once the demos land at BU Bhandari. On price front, I’m expecting (purely my intuitive guess) 30 - 50k INR in R / RS (ex showroom). I don’t think they’ll push the envelope much beyond that.
Here you go,

surjaonwheelz
Old 28th February 2023, 03:44   #27
Team-BHP Support

The international reviews have already started dropping - linking some of the better ones here. From what I’ve gathered from some of them the R is frankly all the bike you need if your usage is entirely road oriented and you’re never ever headed to track. Its really hard to tell the difference in normal road riding between the two.

The RS of course will be that touch nicer to ride at a track with its fully adjustable suspension adding that extra bit of customizability to fine tune its settings while out at track.

The RS has got a nifty 7 PS bump up on paper but I’m not sure users will really feel that additional power in real world riding. To my mind, no existing R / RS user will feel the compelling need to jump over to this updated version - the R / RS were already plenty capable. While the changes are meaningful, they’re not upgrade worthy for existing riders - but for those who were in the market for a Striple late last year, holding out for this nicely updated version should be well worth it. Hopefully they don’t go nutters with the price hike of course.

I think the visual evolution in particular is quite sweet. It genuinely does look that hint more grown up and almost a spitting image now of the current gen Speed Triple - which is not a bad thing at all in my book. I’ve always had a soft corner for the Street Triple (having owned the S back in 2017) and I can’t wait to get a test ride of this beauty once they land on our shores.

For some reason the Indian reviewers seem to be under an embargo till some time later this week. Can’t understand the logic if the international reviews are already allowed to go live - unless they want to give a similar embargo date to Indian reviewers who’ve test ridden a few days apart amongst each other.
Axe77 is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 3rd March 2023, 15:54   #28
BHPian

Quote:
The international reviews have already started dropping - linking some of the better ones here. From what I’ve gathered from some of them the R is frankly all the bike you need if your usage is entirely road oriented and you’re never ever headed to track. Its really hard to tell the difference in normal road riding between the two.

The RS of course will be that touch nicer to ride at a track with its fully adjustable suspension adding that extra bit of customizability to fine tune its settings while out at track.

For some reason the Indian reviewers seem to be under an embargo till some time later this week. Can’t understand the logic if the international reviews are already allowed to go live - unless they want to give a similar embargo date to Indian reviewers who’ve test ridden a few days apart amongst each other.
The Indian reviews are out and echoes the same sentiments as above. R seems a better value package and the RS a better focused package!

Prices are not out but pre-booking is on at showrooms.

Happy riding,
surjaonwheelz
surjaonwheelz is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd March 2023, 16:04   #29
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by surjaonwheelz View Post
Prices are not out but pre-booking is on at showrooms.
At least for Mumbai, the first lot of R are likely to be delivered during second half of March while the first lot of RS sometime in April.

I expect prices should come through sometime by 10th March latest (likely much sooner) if they are to be able to invoice the first lot of bikes in time for mid March onwards deliveries.

EDIT:

Quote:
The Indian reviews are out and echoes the same sentiments as above. R seems a better value package and the RS a better focused package!
While what you’ve written above is on point on the value aspect, I’d just add one bit here. Some of the international reviews gravitated more towards the R if you’re never going to track (specially the lady from Bike World). But most Indian reviewers actually favoured the RS even if you have plenty enough road use just for the superior suspension of the RS, which shines through even in road use. I guess this is even more relevant given our varying road conditions. I’m not sure they had come out that strongly in favour of the RS in the past for pure road users.

All in all, I thought the Indian folks got a nice specificity for our readers / users, and I particularly liked the reviews by Rohit (overdrive) and Sagar Sheldekar (also Powerdrift to some extent but I wish they hadn’t spent so much footage showing their travel etc).

Last edited by Axe77 : 5th March 2023 at 12:55. Reason: Added edit.
Axe77 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 9th March 2023, 14:05   #30
BHPian

Triumph has updated their socials with the India launch date:

Triumph 2023 Street Triple 765 range unveiled. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 10.17 lakh-img_718ba460d68d1.jpeg

March 15th, 11:30AM
aswin93 is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed