Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th March 2023, 18:05   #31
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Triumph 2023 Street Triple 765 range unveiled. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 10.17 lakh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axe77 View Post
While what you’ve written above is on point on the value aspect, I’d just add one bit here. Some of the international reviews gravitated more towards the R if you’re never going to track (specially the lady from Bike World). But most Indian reviewers actually favoured the RS even if you have plenty enough road use just for the superior suspension of the RS, which shines through even in road use. I guess this is even more relevant given our varying road conditions. I’m not sure they had come out that strongly in favour of the RS in the past for pure road users.
The Street Triple 765 RS was always known to have a rather stiff suspension, even after you played around with the settings and dialled it in. This is why the base model S / R (depending on which was sold at any point of time) always made more sense to Indian buyers, unless they wanted a track bike.

In light of this, Im genuinely surprised to see the Indian reviewers recommending the new RS over the new R, especially when we take into account arduous Indian road conditions. I doubt that Triumph would have drastically reworked the suspension of the RS to make it more street friendly for bad roads.

Something tells me that our Indian reviewers might have picked the wrong horse in this race.
neil.jericho is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 10th March 2023, 13:28   #32
BHPian

re: Triumph 2023 Street Triple 765 range unveiled. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 10.17 lakh

So next week 15th March is the India launch, start guessing the prices!

10.99 for the R?

As Axe77 has mentioned, Rohit (Overdrive) rides a Daytona 675 in and around Pune, coming from him was a surprise (RS over R). There are some seasoned riders in Pune circle with the 765 RS and R, I'll wait to hear from them when they ride it.

Happy riding,
surjaonwheelz

Last edited by surjaonwheelz : 10th March 2023 at 13:37.
Old 10th March 2023, 22:34   #33
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by surjaonwheelz View Post

10.99 for the R?
My guess of the 2023 ex showroom prices:

R: 9.60L ex showroom (previously 9.15L)
RS: 11.85L ex showroom (previously 11.35L)
Old 11th March 2023, 08:34   #34
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by surjaonwheelz View Post

10.99 for the R?

As Axe77 has mentioned, Rohit (Overdrive) rides a Daytona 675 in and around Pune, coming from him was a surprise (RS over R). There are some seasoned riders in Pune circle with the 765 RS and R, I'll wait to hear from them when they ride it.

Happy riding,
surjaonwheelz
I feel it has to be more aggressive on pricing as one of its major competitors would be the pretty capable Z900 which retails around the 9L ex showroom mark. I would predict a 9.5L for the R and 11L for the RS
Old 11th March 2023, 11:08   #35
BHPian

With the older gen Street Triple RS costing 14.25L OTR (MH), personally don't feel a price rise is justified.

It's a 765cc machine after all, a 15L price point is a bit too much.
GoBlue is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th March 2023, 18:49   #36
BHPian

Looks like the price reveal has been deferred as per the status shared on WhatsApp by the Pune Triumph SA.

Triumph 2023 Street Triple 765 range unveiled. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 10.17 lakh-420cb9f28e4d4c0d92f98b6e2dd69969.jpeg
abhi_tjet is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 14th March 2023, 22:24   #37
Team-BHP Support

Apparently some delay in homologation has caused this. As a related aspect, even the import of the bikes itself is now delayed.

I won’t be surprised if price reveal and first lot of deliveries both get pushed to as far as April now. Will only be happy to be wrong on this of course.
Axe77 is online now   (7) Thanks
Old 15th March 2023, 16:22   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neil.jericho View Post
The Street Triple 765 RS was always known to have a rather stiff suspension, even after you played around with the settings and dialled it in. This is why the base model S / R (depending on which was sold at any point of time) always made more sense to Indian buyers, unless they wanted a track bike.

In light of this, Im genuinely surprised to see the Indian reviewers recommending the new RS over the new R, especially when we take into account arduous Indian road conditions. I doubt that Triumph would have drastically reworked the suspension of the RS to make it more street friendly for bad roads.

Something tells me that our Indian reviewers might have picked the wrong horse in this race.
I have to agree with you on this and it surprises me too. I was somewhat inclined towards the RS due to all the goodies but am happy that I've stuck with the R. Apparently people may be happy with the ohlins on the bad roads in Jerez this time around but the steeper rake angle and higher seating is going to be a pain in less demanding conditions. Most of the guys doing the reviews are already track pros used to litre class bikes so naturally they will favour and recommend something nearer to those with stickier tyres and that extra bhp to squeeze out. I feel their perspective is more of a personal choice than a recommendation. However, most of the reviewers from outside India have suggested getting the R if you're not going to do track days regularly, which actually makes perfect sense. Even more so for India.
The RS price internationally has been increased in higher proportion to the R and the same would follow here, so we could be looking at a 1-1.5L increase compared to the R and including the accessories and other bundled costs its going to cost a bomb in blr on road, possibly around 16-17L.
Everytime Triumph India screws up with their plans for anything it gives me the jitters though - how are we going to patronize them on the long run.
Slash is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd April 2023, 05:46   #39

Quote:
Apparently some delay in homologation has caused this. As a related aspect, even the import of the bikes itself is now delayed.

I won’t be surprised if price reveal and first lot of deliveries both get pushed to as far as April now. Will only be happy to be wrong on this of course.
I had booked my bike(Red RS) in March but yet to get an update from either the showroom or the website. The launch has been deferred but there needs to be some clarity around it. Sometimes the date committed was 2nd of April, now it's 2nd week of April. This is becoming really frustrating.
Old 10th April 2023, 10:17   #40
BHPian

I had booked the STR in advance last year in Nov. as the reveal happened for the 2023 model. After a long wait I've finally cancelled it and gone in for the Trident 660 which was my original choice to begin with. The tridents are also running short of production apparently. For those who can wait it out it's definitely worth the STR but don't expect anything before July realistically and also be prepared to shell out more for both the R and RS models. It seems the launch is likely to happen only in May now and by the time the certification etc. is done it could be another month or two by the time the bikes come in hand. We could be looking at around 15 for the R and 18 for RS OTR bangalore. I hope it's not this way though. The new R has retained its price in most parts of the world and the benefit should come to the customer. I'm skeptical about the India pricing. For both the upcoming bike prices I'm including the whole hog here with accessories etc that one might want to add such as protection, cruise control, heated grips, tpms etc. Bluetooth module is included in the ex showroom price, you can't remove it.
I couldn't deal with the ambiguity and frustration of waiting endlessly and the probability of getting the bike smack in the middle of monsoons. I'll just potter around with the Trident for a while, consoling myself in riding it harder than I could the STR in our conditions.
Old 14th June 2023, 16:51   #41
Senior - BHPian

Triumph India to launch 2023 Street Triple on June 16

According to a media report, Triumph India is planning to launch the 2023 Street Triple range on June 16.

Triumph 2023 Street Triple 765 range unveiled. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 10.17 lakh-download-99.jpg

The Street Triple gets several updates for the 2023 model year. This includes a revised engine. While the 765cc 3-cylinder block has been carried over, it now makes 118 BHP in the Street Triple R and 128 BHP in the RS version, while torque is pegged at 80 Nm. Both variants are now available with a bi-directional quick-shifter as standard, which operates a 6-speed gearbox.

The Street Triple R now comes with four riding modes: Road, Rain, Sport and Rider, while the RS gets an additional 'Track' mode. Triumph has also included cornering ABS and lean-sensitive traction control on the latest model.

As far as design changes are concerned, the Street Triple gets an updated twin-pod LED headlamp and redesigned body panels. The RS version of the streetfighter gets a belly pan, a lower chain guard and a pillion seat cowl with an interchangeable pillion seat.

Source: Autocar India

Link to Team-BHP News

Last edited by TusharK : 14th June 2023 at 16:53.
TusharK is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 15th June 2023, 04:57   #42
Team-BHP Support

Unfortunately its a hash of a launch given the extraordinary 2 month delay due to homologation issues. Pricing too is pretty much known now in the market. Here is the approximate on-road pricing in Mumbai.

Striple R: Rs. 12.36 - 12.55L (depending on color)
Striple RS: Rs. 14.26 - 14.55 (depending on color)

This is broadly where I’d expected the on-road pricing to end up for these updated models even back in March / April. Personally, I think this is palatable pricing for the product and the updates it carries (and in the context of where prices overall have gotten to in the market).

The Z900 is the only real competitor I can think of for the Striple R (I don’t know the Kawi’s pricing off hand - not actively tracking the brand). The Streetfighter V2, (which is the closest other competitor) sits a notch above with its 150BHP power output and thanks to Ducati premium combined with CBU format, the V2 retails at about 22-23L on road in Mumbai (basically almost exactly equal to the 180 bhp Speed Triple on price).

Last edited by Axe77 : 15th June 2023 at 11:18.
Axe77 is online now   (7) Thanks
Old 15th June 2023, 10:42   #43
BHPian

Quote:
Here is the approximate on-road pricing in Mumbai.

Striple R: Rs. 12.36 - 12.55L (depending on color)
Striple RS: Rs. 14.26 - 14.55 (depending on color)
Seems to be in line with what the Delhi dealership told me. RS would be in the 13.5-14 price range for Delhi registration. Given that i had got my lot 1 for 12 on road in 2017, pricing seems good for the changes (equipment and emission related). I sure as hell miss my RS and if the home ministry would permit 2 bikes, I would get the RS in a heartbeat this time around as well.
RohanDheman is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 16th June 2023, 12:58   #44
BHPian

Triumph Street Triple R & RS launched in India, priced from ₹10.17 lakh

Triumph Motorcycles India has introduced the 2023 Triumph Street Triple R and Street Triple RS models in India's two-wheeler market. The Triumph Street Triple R, priced at ₹10.17 lakh, and the Street Triple RS, priced at ₹11.81 lakh, are now available for purchase. These prices are exclusive of showroom charges. Unfortunately, the high-end Street Triple Moto2 variant, which is available globally, will not be released in India. The new middleweight street fighters come with several enhancements, offering enhanced performance and a refreshed appearance.

Triumph 2023 Street Triple 765 range unveiled. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 10.17 lakh-triumph_street_triple__9_1667535491286_1686898543550.jpg

In terms of aesthetics, the 2023 Street Triple 765 lineup has received a more striking appearance. Taking cues from the larger Street Triple 1200 RS, it now features a new twin-pod LED headlamp with LED DRLs. Additionally, the motorcycle has undergone updates in its bodywork, resulting in a more aggressive and eye-catching design. Notable additions include a larger 15-litre fuel tank, a gullwing swingarm, and new radiator cowls. Furthermore, the Street Triple RS model stands out by sporting a body-colored belly pan, a seat cowl over the pillion seat, and a lower chain guard.

Triumph 2023 Street Triple 765 range unveiled. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 10.17 lakh-triumph_street_triple__10_1667535491372_1667535633628_1667535633628.jpg

COLORS

The color options on the Street Triple R include Silver Ice and Crystal White. Meanwhile, the Triumph Street Triple RS is available in three paint schemes - Silver Ice, Carnival Red, and Cosmic Yellow.

Specifications

The 2023 Triumph Street Triple range is equipped with a 765 cc in-line three-cylinder, liquid-cooled engine. In the Street Triple R variant, the engine has been calibrated to deliver 118.4 bhp of power at 11,500 rpm and 80 Nm of peak torque at 9,500 rpm. It is mated to a 6-speed gearbox and features an assist and slipper clutch along with a bidirectional quickshifter. On the other hand, the Street Triple RS model boasts 128.2 bhp of power at 12,000 rpm and 80 Nm of peak torque at 9,500 rpm.

Features

The enhanced Triumph Street Triple RS model offers a range of electronic aids that greatly enhance the riding experience. These include cornering ABS, lean-sensitive traction control, a linked braking system, wheelie control, and five riding modes: Road, Rain, Sport, Track, and Rider. On the other hand, the 2023 Street Triple R model has four riding modes, with the personalized Rider mode being excluded. The Street Triple R features an LCD display, while the RS model boasts a more advanced TFT screen with Bluetooth connectivity. Additionally, the RS model is more geared towards track performance, equipped with a lap timer and cruise control.

Mechanicals

In terms of suspension components, the 2023 Triumph Street Triple RS model is equipped with top-spec features, including 41 mm Showa USD Big Piston Forks (BPF) at the front and an Ohlins STX40 piggyback reservoir monoshock at the rear. The braking system consists of twin 310 mm floating discs with Brembo Stylema four-piston radial monobloc calipers at the front and a 220 mm single disc at the rear.

On the other hand, the Street Triple R model utilizes Showa 41 mm separate function forks at the front and a Showa piggyback reservoir monoshock at the rear. The braking system is comparatively simpler, with twin 310 mm front discs equipped with Brembo M4.32 four-piston radial calipers, and a 220 mm rear disc.

The new Triumph Street Triple R and RS models will compete against other middleweight offerings such as the Ducati Monster, Kawasaki Z900, Ducati Streetfighter V2, BMW F 900 R, and similar motorcycles in the segment.

SOURCE
GhostGrid is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th June 2023, 13:17   #45
BHPian

Price is announced and available in official triumph website.

R : 10.17L Cristal white
R : 10.43L Silver ice

RS : 11.81L. Silver ice
RS : 12.07L. Carnival Red / Cosmic yellow

https://www.triumphmotorcycles.in/mo...eet-triple-765

Last edited by Kashi053 : 16th June 2023 at 13:25. Reason: Added details
Kashi053 is offline   (11) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks