Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd July 2007, 11:29   #46
BHPian

Its mere business speculation - last month Harley Davidson was supposedly in talks with Ducati to buy over the company - as of now nothing has happened.

If Bajaj buys over Ducati, more power to them - it means more bikes, more stability for the company, cheaper spares, etc.

But the trouble is not with Bajaj but with Italian companies - they are mismanaged, their business goals are out of sync with others and their unions wrestle into everything.

Bajaj would have a potential problem in their hand if they buy Ducati and they see that they cannot recoup their investment - every Italian company buyout has been nothing but trouble - from Ducati to the now impending Alitalia trouble.

If Bajaj buys Ducati, it wont replace any of the current staff. Ducati R&D will get more cash to burn, they will do the same financial mistakes that they kept on doing in the late 90s and very soon Bajaj will be forced to sell them off for 1 euro.

Italians are the best at creating eye boggling stuff - how they manage to keep a company running qualifies as a miracle.
Old 2nd August 2007, 16:24   #47
BHPian

A recent related news article about Bajaj eyeing Triumph . . . .

http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/...ow/2249437.cms

Apparently Enfield India had already attempted to buy it out earlier for just £55,000, according to the article
If the amount is not a typo, I'll feel bad I didn't bid

Last edited by bikefreak : 2nd August 2007 at 16:34.
Old 2nd August 2007, 17:09   #48
Senior - BHPian

So Bajaj not going for Ducati, as suspected in the forum, fearing high valuations and labour issues.
Seems it is UK which suits the best for the Indian companies.
Old 2nd August 2007, 17:25   #49
Senior - BHPian

Just gone through the Triumph website, man these bikes are cool. They have the complete range from classics to sports bikes to the cruisers. Augurs well with Bajaj i guess. Would love to see and ride the Daytona 675 with 123bhp
Old 6th August 2007, 17:57   #50
Senior - BHPian

Today there was an interview of Rajiv Bajaj in Mint. He says Bajaj has capability to build upto 600 CC. But the reason for going for Ducati or Triumph is the brand name.

I hope he comes out with something around 400 cc in an year, dont' mind even if it has bajaj brand
Old 5th November 2007, 16:52   #51
Senior - BHPian

Bajaj buys 14.5% stake in European sports bike maker KTM. To introduce their bikes in India, and develop engines jointly.

Source: Bajaj Auto takes 14.5% stake in KTM Sports
Old 5th November 2007, 16:55   #52
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by safari_lover View Post
Bajaj buys 14.5% stake in European sports bike maker KTM. To introduce their bikes in India, and develop engines jointly.

Source: Bajaj Auto takes 14.5% stake in KTM Sports
This may be the development that all the bike lovers were waiting for in India!
Old 5th November 2007, 16:59   #53
Senior - BHPian

Yes indeed. We can see some real big bikes from Bajaj stable pretty soon I guess.
Old 6th November 2007, 10:40   #54
Senior - BHPian

Bajaj will be launching KTM's bikes next year. They will be showcasing the same during the Auto Expo.

source: Bajaj Auto buys 14.5% stake in KTM Sports=

And according to another report, Bajaj is still vying for Triumph. So Bajaj's seriously upto something!
Old 7th November 2007, 05:24   #55
Senior - BHPian

Ducatis & Triumphs are expensive as it is, imagine how much they would cost by the time they reach india. Bad idea.
Old 21st July 2017, 12:43   #56
Senior - BHPian

Re: Bajaj to aquire Ducati???

Quote:
Originally Posted by straight6 View Post
Ducatis & Triumphs are expensive as it is, imagine how much they would cost by the time they reach india. Bad idea.
Waking up a thread exactly after 10 Years!!

2017:

1. List of Premium Motorcycle brands selling in India with their international range
Triumph Motorcycles
Ducati
Harley Davidson
Kawasaki
Suzuki
Honda
BMW Motorrad
Indian Motorcycles
MV Augusta
Moto Guzzi
Aprilia
(and yeah Yamaha is present with a couple of their Big Bikes at least on the India Website)

2. KTM (200 and 390) is Made and Sold in India

3. Bajaj Might Actually Buy out Ducati now in 2017..!!!: ETAuto: We are very close to finalising a very promising alliance: Rajiv Bajaj.

How Times have Changed.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 22nd July 2017 at 19:34. Reason: Axactly > exactly.
payeng is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 22nd July 2017, 19:25   #57
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by payeng View Post
Waking Up a Thread Axactly after 10 Years!!
Thank you. For these are the kind of moments where we see the resolve a company has! Bajaj sure has come a long way, and it's good to see the consistency in their approach over the years as well.

For example -

Quote:
This was just a minor development 10 years ago. But as you mentioned, Bajaj has not only managed to infuse fresh life into KTM, but the brand has been growing fast globally as well as in India. If price to performance is considered, I'm sure nothing comes close to the Duke 390 in terms of offering maximum value for money.

Quote:
Today there was an interview of Rajiv Bajaj in Mint. He says Bajaj has capability to build upto 600 CC. But the reason for going for Ducati or Triumph is the brand name.

I hope he comes out with something around 400 cc in an year, dont' mind even if it has bajaj brand
Another statement I would have dismissed a decade ago. But they have made it come true with the Dominar 400. Branded as a Bajaj itself.

I remember Rajiv Bajaj's statement during his early days - "While products may generate market share, brands provide pricing power and create higher profits". He surely has made powerful brands out of KTM and Bajaj.

Quote:
Originally Posted by payeng View Post
3. Bajaj Might Actually Buy out Ducati now in 2017..!!!:

How Times have Changed.
I believe they have a good chance. The company not only has good solid cash in hand, but also have the reputation of partnering with a global brand like KTM. And KTM is considered quite an exotic brand abroad, if not may be Ducati level.

Looking forward to Bajaj's strategy going forward. And for Ducati range to become more affordable in the form of SKD and CKD assembly. With KTM strong at the entry level performance range in India, Bajaj can have a real go at the top end with the Ducati range.

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 22nd July 2017 at 19:27.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th July 2017, 08:59   #58
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
I believe they have a good chance. The company not only has good solid cash in hand..
Considering Ducati had quoted 1.5 Billion Euros initially. I have to applaud Mr. Bajaj's guts for taking this calculated risk. And yes KTM is an exotic

brand in itself especially in Europe and therefore it ain't no mean feat.
srivatsahg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th July 2017, 17:01   #59
Senior - BHPian

An article that I read on Motorbeam about what the future would/should look like if indeed Bajar acquires Ducati.
Old 27th July 2017, 18:58   #60
Senior - BHPian

Its probably silly, but I am dreaming of a Hypermodard rolling out of the Chakan plant at a price that makes other manufacturers' armpits sweaty

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks