Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th July 2017, 21:41   #61
Senior - BHPian

Re: Bajaj to aquire Ducati???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urban_Nomad View Post
Its probably silly, but I am dreaming of a Hypermodard rolling out of the Chakan plant at a price that makes other manufacturers' armpits sweaty
Did the prices of JLR become affordable in India just because Tata Motors owns it now?

Old 27th July 2017, 21:45   #62
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Its probably silly, but I am dreaming of a Hypermodard rolling out of the Chakan plant at a price that makes other manufacturers' armpits sweaty
Sire first let them roll out a 690 from ktm out of chakan. Considering how finicky ktm are about their quality control (all indian made ktms are rechecked fully in austria before further despatch), expect ducati to be 10 times over the top.

Long story short, it aint gonna happen.

Also, ktm have opened a new manufacturing plant in the Philippines, so I don't think they are fully relying on the chakan factory themselves.

Last edited by Red Liner : 27th July 2017 at 21:47.
Old 28th July 2017, 17:36   #63
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by payeng View Post
Did the prices of JLR become affordable in India just because Tata Motors owns it now?
How many JLRs have rolled out of the Indian plants ... None? Well alright then!!

Its understandable if you don't want to compare apples to apples; but can we at least stick with fruit? You've gone cereal here man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Liner View Post
Long story short, it aint gonna happen
And I don't disagree. Please see the opening line of my post bud

A Hyper coming out of Chakan is the most optimism filled wishful thinking ever

But not even a small 250 - 300 cc? They did it with KTM, an uber premium brand. Bajaj went on to give us the mighty 390 at a mouthwatering price

And this is actually a huge opportunity for Ducati as well IMO. I was looking at a thread not too long ago which showcased motorcycle sales numbers in the US reducing by half over a decade. Hence the slew of "beginner friendly" motorcycles by all major manufacturers to lure in newer riders, as over 50% of sales are made to tenured / "returning" riders over 50 years of age

What does the Ducati have in its portfolio for the noob? The US $8000 Scrambler 62? Ducati need to revise their strategy if they plan to be profitable and Bajaj can just help provide that shot in the arm with a brand new small bike

Last edited by Urban_Nomad : 28th July 2017 at 17:38.
Old 28th July 2017, 17:46   #64
BANNED

Quote:

What does the Ducati have in its portfolio for the noob? The US $8000 Scrambler 62? Ducati need to revise their strategy if they plan to be profitable and Bajaj can just help provide that shot in the arm with a brand new small bike
Ducati is still not profitable? Thought they had their best year yet.

Cheers

Ride Safe.
gthang is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th July 2017, 17:59   #65
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gthang View Post
Ducati is still not profitable? Thought they had their best year yet.

Cheers

Ride Safe.
I could be wrong sir. My knowledge on the subject matter is limited to internet blurb (not data)
Old 17th December 2018, 21:51   #66
BHPian

Quote:
KTM CEO, Stefan Pierer has expressed a desire in owning Ducati yet again. In an interview recently with Speed Week, he revealed that KTM’s Indian partners, Bajaj wants to add another motorcycle brand to the company portfolio.
There is rumor that acquisition talks have commenced with Pierer floating some ideas as to how Ducati would fit into the KTM strategy.
Pierer called Ducati as ‘the Ferrari of the motorcycle industry’ and stated that he has an emotional relationship with the brand. This is the first time that the Indian/Austrian brand has shown interest in purchasing Ducati with Pierer stating that Ducati is the only other manufacturer that he estimates will be able to join with KTM.
These talks come about following Volkswagen’s plan to sell Ducati following the recent dieselgate scandal. However following opposition from the labor union, the company cannot go ahead with the sale. But these issues are expected to be sorted soon, and Bajaj could be the owners of Ducati in 2019.
https://www.rushlane.com/amp/bajaj-a...-12290818.html

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks