Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd March 2024, 13:08   #16
BHPian

Re: musinGS on two wheels! Life, Rides & Holidays with my BMW R 1250 GS

Congratulations Prasanna !. Wish you munch miles happily with the GS !. very good travelogue and pictures.
BulZire is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd March 2024, 16:32   #17
BHPian

Congratulations on your new bike. It looks awesome and hulky and a wonderful travelogue.
anilsurya1985 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd March 2024, 20:34   #18
BHPian

Many congratulations Prasanna on your new purchase!! Very good choice. I personally think it’s the GS in Indian traffic conditions than GSA for slightly better handling and management.

Also can you share the cost on road if possible for reference.

Have thousands of mile munching!!!

Pl keep this post updated.

Cheers
Guru_Shikhar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd March 2024, 23:35   #19
BHPian

Hearty congratulations on owning one of the most desirable long distance tourers in the country! Wish you miles of smiles on it !

By the way, did you consider the Ducati Multistrada ?
SithDefender is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 25th March 2024, 09:59   #20
BHPian

Heartiest Congratulations. Wishing you Adventurous riding days. Ride Safe.

Will be driving down to Mangalore and if possible let us catch up. Will PM you my contact details.

I will be driving around Sullia, Puttur, Mangalore as there are couple of errands.
Oppanna is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th March 2024, 13:59   #21
BHPian

Re: A quick recap

Quote:
Originally Posted by prasanna_indaje View Post

Why 1250 when 1300 is almost at the door ?
Congratulation on accruing one among the most dreamt machines. And it was a cleaver idea of fabricating a storage facility. Thanks for sharing and wishing you many safe and enjoyable rides.

Last edited by Turbosailor : 25th March 2024 at 14:00.
Turbosailor is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th March 2024, 17:35   #22
BHPian

Re: Ride to Chikmagalur.

Quote:

An auspicious day in November 2023 saw us taking delivery of our GS 1250 and riding 380 kilometres back home !
Many Congratulations on acquiring the Daddy GS and taking it for a long journey right after delivery.
I'm more intrigued by all the small eateries that you have visited. I love the old world charm that these places have and many such places can be found across DK/Udupi districts.

Wishing you many happy miles on the GS.
shady is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th March 2024, 12:11   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guru_Shikhar View Post
Many congratulations Prasanna on your new purchase!! Very good choice. I personally think it’s the GS in Indian traffic conditions than GSA for slightly better handling and management.

Cheers
Thanks Guru_Shankar. Smaller footprint of GS was one of the primary reasons of selection.
Will PM the on-road cost.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbosailor View Post
Congratulation on accruing one among the most dreamt machines. And it was a cleaver idea of fabricating a storage facility. Thanks for sharing and wishing you many safe and enjoyable rides.
Thanks Turbosailor. The storage serves the propose as of now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shady View Post
Many Congratulations on acquiring the Daddy GS and taking it for a long journey right after delivery.
I'm more intrigued by all the small eateries that you have visited. I love the old world charm that these places have and many such places can be found across DK/Udupi districts.
Thanks shady. Those small eateries still contain some memories of old world.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrideRed View Post
Congratulations Prasanna on your latest acquisition . The bike stands out and is built really well. While I have stopped riding, look forward to driving along the GS, Happy riding.
Thanks PrideRed. Looking forward for the meet

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkaile View Post
Congratulations and welcome to the GS family...

Ride Safe ATGATT

Cheers...
Thanks dkalie. Spent good amount of time on your thread before making the decision.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bazooka1989 View Post
Congratulations Prasanna on your new toy. Really enjoyed reading your post. Looking forward for more travelogues from you
Thanks Bazooka. Will keep updating with service, accessories and travel stories.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BulZire View Post
Congratulations Prasanna !. Wish you munch miles happily with the GS !. very good travelogue and pictures.
Thanks BulZire

Quote:
Originally Posted by anilsurya1985 View Post
Congratulations on your new bike. It looks awesome and hulky and a wonderful travelogue.
Thanks anilsurya

Quote:
Originally Posted by SithDefender View Post
Hearty congratulations on owning one of the most desirable long distance tourers in the country! Wish you miles of smiles on it !

By the way, did you consider the Ducati Multistrada ?
Thanks SithDefender. I evaluated Multistrada as well. . But GS suited my use case better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oppanna View Post
Heartiest Congratulations. Wishing you Adventurous riding days. Ride Safe.

Will be driving down to Mangalore and if possible let us catch up. Will PM you my contact details.

I will be driving around Sullia, Puttur, Mangalore as there are couple of errands.
Thanks Oppanna. Let me know when you travel towards Mangalore.
prasanna_indaje is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th March 2024, 16:48   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks Guru_Shankar. Smaller footprint of GS was one of the primary reasons of selection.
The wheelbase of the GSA is in fact shorter than the GS and the GSA also has more suspension travel among other things. I have ridden both bikes and found the GSA to be the better handler of the two. Sure it’s heavier with the bigger 30 litre fuel tank but you can hardly feel the difference while riding.

Data/screen shots below are taken from the BMW India website.

musinGS on two wheels! Life, Rides & Holidays with my BMW R 1250 GS-209543b2e3d7442ab037cdeb79493ba0.jpeg

musinGS on two wheels! Life, Rides & Holidays with my BMW R 1250 GS-1cb27477caab4dc29896e015a9eab43b.jpeg

musinGS on two wheels! Life, Rides & Holidays with my BMW R 1250 GS-00f06cdc327241e69199e3c97021c7dd.jpeg

musinGS on two wheels! Life, Rides & Holidays with my BMW R 1250 GS-46cd232fa37c483684e513d831cbb223.jpeg

Congratulations and all the best with your lovely machine.

Cheers
Cyborg is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th March 2024, 18:20   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyborg View Post
The wheelbase of the GSA is in fact shorter than the GS and the GSA also has more suspension travel among other things. I have ridden both bikes and found the GSA to be the better handler of the two. Sure it’s heavier with the bigger 30 litre fuel tank but you can hardly feel the difference while riding.

Congratulations and all the best with your lovely machine.
Cheers
Thanks Cyborg.

Despite of smaller wheelbase, and more suspension travel, GSA is significantly bigger than GS and I was just referring to that as footprint. Thanks for the technical specs.
prasanna_indaje is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th March 2024, 12:09   #26
BHPian

On NH 66 - To Goa and return

Life gave an opportunity to visit Goa and I enhanced it further by riding !

Had to visit Goa for 4 days and there were multiple options to travel - by car, by bus, by train OR by motorcycle. With temperatures hovering around 39 - 40 degree C, motorcycle was not a wise choice.

And, I took the unwise choice !
Google showed ~8.5 hours to Panaji and I covered those 400 kilometers faster than google predicted

Started from home at 6 AM and reached Panaji by 1 PM. Kept rehydrating myself with water and tender coconut water.

Stopped at a small eatery after crossing Goa border and only option was Bhaji - Pao. It was indeed a good option !

musinGS on two wheels! Life, Rides & Holidays with my BMW R 1250 GS-bread_bhaji-.jpg

Motorcycle was parked for next two days. And local travel needs were taken care by a friend's Meridian.

musinGS on two wheels! Life, Rides & Holidays with my BMW R 1250 GS-goa_1.jpg

Awesome breakfast at Cafe Bhonsle

musinGS on two wheels! Life, Rides & Holidays with my BMW R 1250 GS-cafe_bhonsle_1.jpg

Return journey was via same route (NH 66).

Last edited by prasanna_indaje : 29th March 2024 at 12:24.
prasanna_indaje is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 29th March 2024, 18:15   #27
BHPian

Re: On NH 66 - To Goa and return

Quote:
Life gave an opportunity to visit Goa and I enhanced it further by riding !

Had to visit Goa for 4 days and there were multiple options to travel - by car, by bus, by train OR by motorcycle. With temperatures hovering around 39 - 40 degree C, motorcycle was not a wise choice.

And, I took the unwise choice !
Nice ride report.

Totally agree with you on the "unwise" choice. My logic is the hotter it gets, fewer people venture outside, lesser traffic, more fun to ride . Obviously if you love riding or in your case, have a GS, then any weather is good weather.
minzanurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd April 2024, 22:41   #28
BHPian

Another ride to Bangalore and back

A friend (and a bhpian) wanted to drop his well maintained 2008 Karizma to Bangalore and I had to visit Bangalore for work.

Both of us started form Puttur at 5.30 AM on Thursday and reached Electronic City by 1 PM. We rode mostly within speed limits the sun showed kindness by hiding behind the clouds.

Tried newly opened restaurant, ShivSoorya, few kilometres after Ballupete for breakfast and the stopped at Chennrayapatna bypass for some tender coconut water.

musinGS on two wheels! Life, Rides & Holidays with my BMW R 1250 GS-img_1540.jpg

Once in Bangalore, parked the motorcycle at hotel basement and went for accessory shopping. Purchased the following :
  • Hand guards, side stand extender, side stand switch protector, front ABS sensor protection, top box rack, and the top box with locks from Touratech
  • Upper crash guard from SW Motech
Requested the vendors to ship accessories to JSP and dropped the motorcycle for accessory fitment next (Friday) morning.

GS was ready by same day evening. However, I collected the motorcycle on Saturday noon after meeting some friends over coffee at Maverick.

musinGS on two wheels! Life, Rides & Holidays with my BMW R 1250 GS-coffee.jpg

musinGS on two wheels! Life, Rides & Holidays with my BMW R 1250 GS-return_1.jpg

The GS crossed 5000 kilometres on return journey.
prasanna_indaje is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks