Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports

Search this Thread
Old 24th April 2009, 00:03   #1516
Senior - BHPian

Yes thats the one, Mr Pandey was telling everyone its some immaculate condition bike with lots of aftermarkets. Thank God I never saw it otherwise would have seen the passing and instantly known. Damn these dealers are nothing short of thieves!
Old 24th April 2009, 01:36   #1517
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by straight6 View Post
I'm pretty sure the R1 is the worst handler from them all. You can actually feel the weight and have to muscle the bike to the left or right.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fireblader85 View Post
Its one of the most uncomfortable bikes I have ridden and would never take it even for free. Looks great, awesome handler..but I would rather buy a Gixxer 1000.
Quote:
Originally Posted by straight6 View Post
Alright, lets say I hadn't ridden any bikes at all. I would still take the word of professionals who test these bikes day in and day out than the word of an amateur in India.

The R1 has good handling, but not when you consider the competition today.

By the way, if your friend can't handle the new Fireblade on a track, then I really don't know what to say. Maybe you need a heavier bike on our "bumpy" tracks.
Not trying to scuttle feathers here, but I have ridden the above mentioned bikes on track both here and abroad (MMSC here, and Willow of Springs, CA). Straight6 has a point when he says the 08 CBR has better handling than the 08 R1, but the R1 still has the sharpest turn-in and tyre feedback while running on the same specced Michelins (except with a 190/55 on the 10R). This is my personal opinion of course. The 08 R1 still has great handling in general, but it's weaker low to mid-range is what kills it in the face of the comparable competition.

@straight6: I would take huaweiguy's friend's opinion seriously, because he has multiple podiums in various races and is currently one of the fastest riders out there on MMSC on a litre bike. Just for reference I am around about 10 seconds a lap slower than what he was setting on his CBR

@Fireblader85: Disagree with the comfort factor as well mate. I usually ride with a back support, and I have comfortably done 600+ kms a day for 2 days, and nearly 2000 kms in the span of 5 days on my R1. And woke up the next day, rode it to work. Of course, it is personal opinion again, but not as bad as it seems.
Old 24th April 2009, 01:59   #1518
BHPian

Hey Rossiter, I really find the R1 cramped and uncomfortable. I obviously will as I was used to riding the Blackbird and the Hayabusa, and yeah its personal opinion
Old 27th April 2009, 14:17   #1519
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by quickdraw View Post
Cant comment on it because its too rare a commodity to have a basic price. If no one is wishing to sell theirs for a big loss there is nothing you can do because there are no options. The basic laws of depreciation dont work on exotics because they are "exotics"
Yes, it will/is a rare commodity but then I'm sure there would be people who would sell it to buy the next best thing.

I don't know whether we can call the R1/ Busa or the RR as exotics but when a Merc E class or the 5 series loose around 50% of its value in 2 years, I was thinking the same would apply to the superbikes.

Thanks for the reply.
Old 27th April 2009, 15:08   #1520
Senior - BHPian

Rossiter : Welcome. Did you get a chance to ride a Post 2006 GSXR 1000?

@hiren : Yes it should, but it doesnt. Its a really weird world out there.

Last edited by quickdraw : 27th April 2009 at 15:09. Reason: spelled weird wrongly :)
Old 27th April 2009, 22:34   #1521
BHPian

Yup. A 2007 Gixxer. Didn't like the handling but the suspension was setup for the owner who preferred diametrically opposite things when it came to suspension and bikes

The engine felt super though. It had a really strong mid range, and had a nice Yoshi setup with a custom map which really helps.
Old 28th April 2009, 02:09   #1522
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rossiter View Post
Yup. A 2007 Gixxer. Didn't like the handling but the suspension was setup for the owner who preferred diametrically opposite things when it came to suspension and bikes

The engine felt super though. It had a really strong mid range, and had a nice Yoshi setup with a custom map which really helps.
Where did you ride it on the track? I mean you cant say such things help on the road much. But I wanted you to feel instantaneously that the Gixxer feels so much easy to manoeuvr then the R1 maybe thats what I feel. But I always felt the R1 to be front heavy. I have never been on the track, I cant corner half of what you do. And when I try to I usually end up locking the rear while quickly downshifting during breaking. Damn I need a R6 bad Oh I guess the owner must be a self proclaimed coolyo superbiker.
Old 28th April 2009, 09:26   #1523
Senior - BHPian

Don't remember where i had seen this , about 3 years back.
A Honda NS250R.
Attached Thumbnails
Superbikes spotted in India-bike-358.jpg  

Old 28th April 2009, 09:36   #1524
BHPian

Hi everybody, am from Chandigarh and we are a group of 8 here......ages from 25-40....and we ride like 2-3 days a week.
Old 28th April 2009, 15:02   #1525
Team-BHP Support

Welcome to the motorbikes section Virkdoc, good to have you here.
How about some pictures from your group rides?

Also, I'd urge you to lookup the announcements section and avoid using unrequired dots within your posts, makes for an easier read.

manson.
Old 28th April 2009, 15:41   #1526
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by virkdoc View Post
Hi everybody, am from Chandigarh and we are a group of 8 here......ages from 25-40....and we ride like 2-3 days a week.
Welcome doc, how about inviting the other 7 into team-bhp.

also please do list the bikes in the group. Do you have a group / team name?

Pics always welcome.
Old 28th April 2009, 16:13   #1527
BHPian

Sorry to digress but could anyone connect me with an SBK dealer named virendra singh?
Old 28th April 2009, 16:29   #1528
BHPian

@quickdraw: Let's continue the discussion over PMs

@manson: How's it going man, been a while!

Sharing a few photos of my bike:

Ride to Kudremukh:

In Alleppey beach:

At Kanyakumari:

Note from the Team-BHP Support : Please note that it is now imperative for you to upload pictures directly to the Team-BHP Server. Click here (Uploading photographs directly to Team-BHP) to view our simple help article on uploading pictures.

Last edited by Technocrat : 28th April 2009 at 16:51. Reason: See note in post :)
Old 28th April 2009, 17:47   #1529
Team-BHP Support

Akhil: Long time indeed man, Howz the tracking coming along? Nice pictures from the R1 & R15 ride.

Quote:
Originally Posted by netchef View Post
Sorry to digress but could anyone connect me with an SBK dealer named virendra singh?
He is just an agent types, and there is a very good chance he does not know of anything that would match your parameters.

manson.
Old 28th April 2009, 18:23   #1530
BHPian

the one with the moped is so damn hilarious. Just look at the diff in the size of the wheels.

Most Viewed