had a set of few a from those !
thanks for the entire stuff
Old 1st March 2008, 19:29   #199
DKG
Senior - BHPian

Pls excuse the typo. Its HYDERABAD BIKE ZONE
Old 2nd March 2008, 00:28   #200
Senior - BHPian

DKG, if thats you with the red VFR, you ought to buy some decent protective gear to go with it. A t-shirt and jeans will not do. You had started a thread about safety while riding in a group. Safety starts with the gear.
Old 2nd March 2008, 01:07   #201
DKG
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by straight6 View Post
DKG, if thats you with the red VFR, you ought to buy some decent protective gear to go with it. A t-shirt and jeans will not do. You had started a thread about safety while riding in a group. Safety starts with the gear.
You'll notice in later pictures all of us using safety gear. Now we actually discourage anyone from riding without safety gear. I personally us an Arai Rx7Xx helmet, a leather Alpinestar jacket with protective inserts, Alpinestar gloves, and knee pads. I can't think of anyone presently riding in the group without such protection
Old 2nd March 2008, 22:30   #202
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKG View Post
You'll notice in later pictures all of us using safety gear. Now we actually discourage anyone from riding without safety gear. I personally us an Arai Rx7Xx helmet, a leather Alpinestar jacket with protective inserts, Alpinestar gloves, and knee pads. I can't think of anyone presently riding in the group without such protection

Cool, I just saw the pics in the first set.
Old 2nd March 2008, 22:38   #203
DKG
Senior - BHPian

Have you posted pictures of your rides around Bombay anywhere here at TBHP?
Old 2nd March 2008, 22:45   #204
DKG
Senior - BHPian

Straight6 reading your signature I remember saying just that when a fellow biker filmed our rides here and showed it to us. Its crazy, the variety of vehicular and non vehicular traffic you encounter on indian roads. It really looks like some wild freaked out video game when filmed.
Old 3rd March 2008, 14:23   #205
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Straight6 reading your signature I remember saying just that when a fellow biker filmed our rides here and showed it to us. Its crazy, the variety of vehicular and non vehicular traffic you encounter on indian roads. It really looks like some wild freaked out video game when filmed.
Haha. I was actually planning to do a video like that myself to showcase what idiots we have on the roads here.

I dont have a SBK anymore but hoping to get my second one soon.
Old 3rd March 2008, 15:06   #206
Senior - BHPian

This was there at the Speed Run '08.

Old 7th March 2008, 04:28   #207
BHPian

hi all

sbk in india is now an old thing every tom dick & harry has a sbk

every other kid on the block has one so

my personal view - sbk not interseting any more

no offence to any one
Old 7th March 2008, 09:24   #208
DKG
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by alias View Post

If the only measure of what makes something interesting is its rarity then you have a point. However, there's tons more to superbikes than just that.

These machines represent cutting edge automotive technology. The research that goes into weight reduction while maintaining chassis rigidity/desired flex, their ability to extract the maximum power from engines that are just 600, 800 or 1000cc, the handling dynamics that need to be perfected when riding at high speeds. Its all too mindblowing.

If you can appreciate what these machines represent then even a lifelong association with them is not enough to satiate your appetite for technological advancement and superior handling.

Its now 12 years since I've been riding these bikes and believe me I still am not bored and continue to be fascinated by what these companies have achieved and relentlessly keep pushing the envelope. That economics play a wonderful role in enabling such advanced tech to be made available to us albeit in the form of two wheeled wonder machines is awe inspiring and hardly something to lose interest over because every other kid around the block has one.

Do please take the time out to appreciate all that these machines offer and like many around the world you'll discover a treasure trove of wonderment and pleasure that these magnificent machines unleash so effortlessly
Old 7th March 2008, 11:06   #209
BHPian

Quote:
If the only measure of what makes something interesting is its rarity then you have a point. However, there's tons more to superbikes than just that.

These machines represent cutting edge automotive technology. The research that goes into weight reduction while maintaining chassis rigidity/desired flex, their ability to extract the maximum power from engines that are just 600, 800 or 1000cc, the handling dynamics that need to be perfected when riding at high speeds. Its all too mindblowing.

If you can appreciate what these machines represent then even a lifelong association with them is not enough to satiate your appetite for technological advancement and superior handling.

Its now 12 years since I've been riding these bikes and believe me I still am not bored and continue to be fascinated by what these companies have achieved and relentlessly keep pushing the envelope. That economics play a wonderful role in enabling such advanced tech to be made available to us albeit in the form of two wheeled wonder machines is awe inspiring and hardly something to lose interest over because every other kid around the block has one.

Do please take the time out to appreciate all that these machines offer and like many around the world you'll discover a treasure trove of wonderment and pleasure that these magnificent machines unleash so effortlessly
Well put, DKG. Appreciate them to that depth and a new respect dawns...or should. I am moved with a bloodrush and hair standing on end and the thrill of adrenaline pumping 200PSI every time I see one of these new beauties...AND especially when I hear one on full honk. It's an ecstasy that's part induced by the tech and part by the special effects of racing exhausts churning out symphonies at 16K RPM. One in the hands of a capable rider is a joy to watch...a vicarious pleasure.
Old 7th March 2008, 11:19   #210
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by alias View Post
sbk in india is now an old thing every tom dick & harry has a sbk

every other kid on the block has one so

no offence to any one
Buddy, not every Tom, Dick and Harry owns a traditional Indian bike...so the issue of every T, D & H owning an SBK is remote.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks