Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports

Search this Thread
Old 14th March 2008, 00:56   #241
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by straight6 View Post
Listen, do you even know why the veryron was built? There will never be anything like it ever.

Who cares what speeds people touch in your city. I wouldnt want to get into an arguement with a kid defending a kid .

Yes,I hope you do too

I havent and don't intend on defending anyone here.

For a person to say that only kids think about top speed.Sheesh
Old 14th March 2008, 01:03   #242
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by binz View Post
Yes,I hope you do too

I havent and don't intend on defending anyone here.

For a person to say that only kids think about top speed.Sheesh
The topic was about buying SBK's for a practical and more sensible reason than keeping top speeds in mind. Where the hell did you come up with the veryon from? Are you comparing a veyron to an SBK? Is an SBK as stable at those speeds as a veyron is?? Sit back and dwell upon it friend.
Old 14th March 2008, 01:04   #243
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Nice! This color looks amazing in person. A friend of mine has the same one in Bangy but its much louder than this one!
HArdik gowda? .. Two brothers?

Quote:
Besides, only kids think of things like "top speed". Thats the first question I would ask as a kid, "whats the top speed"? Not only when you saw something exotic but even while playing Trump Cards! But as you grow up, you will learn that top speed is not what its about.
This is why i said what I said.Some people may go to all lengths to prove that top speed is what its all about.For some people its all about torque,horsepower.

No need to generalise.(What an apt smiley)

Last edited by Rehaan : 14th March 2008 at 05:49.
Old 14th March 2008, 01:10   #244
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
HArdik gowda? .. Two brothers?
Hey! I'm not talking about Hardik. His bike was re-painted to this color but I'm talking about Mohan for whom I got the Two Bros exhausts from the US. Do you know him? His busa is the original color which was sold to him by my cousin.
Old 14th March 2008, 01:13   #245
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
--post deleted by mod--
And watch your tone,its sad enough that you can respect knowledge,irrespective of the age if the person who has it;even if its not much.

Last edited by Rehaan : 14th March 2008 at 05:51. Reason: Quoted post removed.
Old 14th March 2008, 01:13   #246
Senior - BHPian

Here It Is

Quote:
Hey! I'm not talking about Hardik. His bike was re-painted to this color but I'm talking about Mohan for whom I got the Two Bros exhausts from the US. Do you know him? His busa is the original color which was sold to him by my cousin.
Here's the one I'm talking about.
Attached Thumbnails
Superbikes spotted in India-dsc00416.jpg  

Old 14th March 2008, 01:14   #247
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
HArdik has the blue busa with the two-brothers.I don't know mohan.But as you said,Its insanely loud

And we are terribly off topic.
Old 14th March 2008, 01:18   #248
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
HArdik has the blue busa with the two-brothers.I don't know mohan.But as you said,Its insanely loud

And we are terribly off topic.
We are talking about a busa which is not off topic. Hardik sold that bike sometime back. It belonged to some guy called gagan earlier who crashed and had his face all messed up. As usual you have guys not wearing helmets.
Old 14th March 2008, 01:24   #249
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
We are talking about a busa which is not off topic. Hardik sold that bike sometime back. It belonged to some guy called gagan earlier who crashed and had his face all messed up. As usual you have guys not wearing helmets.
That i agree is stupidity at its peak.Not wearing helmet and riding a superbike wearing kolhapuris is asking for trouble.Hardik still very much owns the bike.

Who is mohan?
Old 14th March 2008, 01:29   #250
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
That i agree is stupidity at its peak.Not wearing helmet and riding a superbike wearing kolhapuris is asking for trouble
I will quote you at Icenspice.
Old 14th March 2008, 01:31   #251
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
That i agree is stupidity at its peak.Not wearing helmet and riding a superbike wearing kolhapuris is asking for trouble.Hardik still very much owns the bike.

Who is mohan?
Hardik told me he sold that busa. Mohan also owns the Boulevard 1800 as you ca see in the background, its covered. I got him Cobra exhausts for it which are so loud that all the dogs in Indiranagar get ready for him when he starts it so he's asked his mechanic to quiten them a bit .

Mohan and Hardik are apparently neighbours. Hardiks bike had the carbon fibre finish. These are aluminium. Here's a close up.
Attached Thumbnails
Superbikes spotted in India-dsc00414.jpg  

Old 14th March 2008, 01:33   #252
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by v1p3r View Post
I will quote you at Icenspice.
aah what will gagan do .. i was the one who paid people to take care of the bike when he crashed(remember that time when you had ideas of what to do with its engine).It had just rained,it really wasn't a good time to ride an sbk.You know,I know.
Old 14th March 2008, 01:34   #253
BHPian

Quote:
Listen, do you even know why the veryron was built? There will never be anything like it ever.

Who cares what speeds people touch in your city. I wouldnt want to get into an arguement with a kid defending a kid .

dude refering me as a kid gives a very good idea of what age bracket you are in

any ways who cares of what you think about

i will stick to my point bikes specially sbks are not rare in india unless your in a very very remote place than you may be right about your claim

regards
alias

Last edited by alias : 14th March 2008 at 01:39. Reason: missed some thing
Old 14th March 2008, 12:45   #254
Team-BHP Support

Alias, what are you trying to prove here, and that too while on an enthusiast forrum?
From your posts it seems you're trying to press that superbikes in our country are admired, or even bought only for their oomph factor, and anything related to their capabilities is irrelevant. This my friend, is a serious misconception you have.

I have been riding since over a year now, have ridden with all sorts of people you could have in a riding group, with some just short of maybe a 50 years old.
Gradually i have got to know these people on a very personal level inspite of the age gap, career interests and being entirely different by way of life. These 'objects of desire' are exactly what have drawn us closer, and are probably the only thing discussed at a riding halt, or even while on the phone.
Superbikes are really common now, having a 08 liter class would probably not get you the attention a mid 90's 600 would have got you like three years ago. But, if only attention is still what one seaks from purchasing one of these, i really feel bad for the person.

manson.

p.s. i have got some old pictures of a Honda Varadero that bunnypunia had spotted really long back, but am having problems resizing and uploading them.
Anyone who'd upload them for me?
Old 14th March 2008, 14:43   #255
BHPian

Quote:
Here's the one I'm talking about.
What a beautiful colour. I've always been partial to this type of Mediterranean electric blue. And coupled with Two Bros.' loud exhausts, she must be something to behold.
Friend of mine with a Kwacker 14R says he'd prefer to sell her and get himself a litre bike that are apparently easier to ride hard and throw into corners.
He even said couple of 600s were running circles round him on the track!
Irony.

Most Viewed