Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th June 2011, 17:58   #2941
BHPian

Re: Superbikes spotted in India

Quote:
Originally Posted by n_aditya View Post
Spotted these BMW's and the MV Agusta Senna Edition at Nandi hills on Sunday.

The Ducati Monster belongs to JVH. I had seen a lot of pics of the monster and was honestly unimpressed. What the bike does to you when you see it in the flesh is unexplainable. No wonder duc's are called Ferrari on two wheels.
Nice pics n_aditya,especially MV Agusta Senna Edition,its one of my favorite.Didn't know about existence of one in India

I have a 1:12 scale model of MV Agusta Senna Edition

Superbikes spotted in India-img_4593.jpg Superbikes spotted in India-img_4589.jpg

Superbikes spotted in India-img_4591.jpg

Also can you name the BMW bikes,Recently an interest has been generated in BMW tourers after going through Haroon's threads in xbhp
Old 16th June 2011, 21:04   #2942
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazybiker46 View Post
Also can you name the BMW bikes,Recently an interest has been generated in BMW tourers after going through Haroon's threads in xbhp
Crazybiker46- Nice to know my threads generated interest for you in BMW bikes, so I shall answer on behalf of aditya- The silver is the earlier generation R1150GS Adventure fondly called the oilhead boxer (I believe it belongs to the Harley dealer of bangalore). The yellow big bike with engine guard is like my GS the first generation R1200GS (with single cam engine) and fondly called the Hexhead. Just for info, the latest generation R1200GS have a twin cam engine. The smaller yellow bike with a camera mounted on it is the earlier generation F650 and the red bike is the new F650 (but with a 800cc engine)

Last edited by Haroon : 16th June 2011 at 21:12.
Haroon is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th June 2011, 12:17   #2943
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haroon View Post
(I believe it belongs to the Harley dealer of bangalore).
Yes it does, have seen it many a times in the shop Petrol Tank of the bike is to seen to believe its huge capacity. A True intercontinental ride
Old 18th June 2011, 11:25   #2944
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haroon View Post
Crazybiker46- Nice to know my threads generated interest for you in BMW bikes, so I shall answer on behalf of aditya- The silver is the earlier generation R1150GS Adventure fondly called the oilhead boxer (I believe it belongs to the Harley dealer of bangalore). The yellow big bike with engine guard is like my GS the first generation R1200GS (with single cam engine) and fondly called the Hexhead. Just for info, the latest generation R1200GS have a twin cam engine. The smaller yellow bike with a camera mounted on it is the earlier generation F650 and the red bike is the new F650 (but with a 800cc engine)
@Haroon Bhai - This was really helpful,i accidentally stumbled upon your South Indian trip on xbhp (not a regular there).Read entire thread in a single stretch and then later your tutorial on BMW bikes(went through pictures only),i didn't know this much features are available on BMW tourers

Before that only BMWs i know were F800s (chris pfeiffer) and S1000RR (SBK)

Soon i will be adding R & K series scale models to my collection
Old 19th June 2011, 01:28   #2945
Senior - BHPian

Spotted this Suzuki Hayabusa.
Attached Thumbnails
Superbikes spotted in India-img_4996.jpg  

Old 19th June 2011, 20:13   #2946
Senior - BHPian

Was near CineMax clicking an X6 when I spotted a HD Forty-Eight speed past. Pushed my bike to its limits to get a snap but couldn't manage any till the round about near TRS bhavan. Clicked just one pic so decided to stalk her for a bit more so turned towards rd. no12 with her. And then the unthinkable happens!

There was a small check-point set up by cops there so some guy riding a Splendor panics and brakes in the middle of the road! The HD rider was going pretty quick and couldn't react in time! The result, he got to taste some tarmac and so did she I stopped there as the rider was pulled over by the cops and to my (and everyone elses) surprise, the rider pulled a fakie on the cops and sped away

The pics will tell you a better story....
Attached Thumbnails
Superbikes spotted in India-img_2680.jpg  

Superbikes spotted in India-img_2681.jpg  

Superbikes spotted in India-img_2682.jpg  

Superbikes spotted in India-img_2683.jpg  

Superbikes spotted in India-img_2685.jpg  

Superbikes spotted in India-img_2686.jpg  

Superbikes spotted in India-img_2687.jpg  

Superbikes spotted in India-img_2688.jpg  

Superbikes spotted in India-img_2689.jpg  

shyn is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th June 2011, 21:48   #2947
Senior - BHPian

Lol, it took 9 pictures which are supposed to say 9000 words to say what you said in around 200. Were you on a P220?

Last edited by ashwin.terminat : 19th June 2011 at 21:59.
ashwin.terminat is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th June 2011, 03:50   #2948
BHPian

Mods please lock this thread, this following & taking snaps is affecting safety now..
Old 20th June 2011, 09:30   #2949
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashwin.terminat View Post
Lol, it took 9 pictures which are supposed to say 9000 words to say what you said in around 200. Were you on a P220?
I was riding an RTR 160 Hyper Edge not a P220.
Old 20th June 2011, 18:03   #2950
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shyn View Post
Was near CineMax clicking an X6 when I spotted a HD Forty-Eight speed past. Pushed my bike to its limits to get a snap but couldn't manage any till the round about near TRS bhavan. Clicked just one pic so decided to stalk her for a bit more so turned towards rd. no12 with her. And then the unthinkable happens!

There was a small check-point set up by cops there so some guy riding a Splendor panics and brakes in the middle of the road! The HD rider was going pretty quick and couldn't react in time! The result, he got to taste some tarmac and so did she I stopped there as the rider was pulled over by the cops and to my (and everyone elses) surprise, the rider pulled a fakie on the cops and sped away

The pics will tell you a better story....
Such a Pity!! in a similar incident here in Chennai, i was going on the Poonamalee High road, when an insanely loud Hayabusa passes me from my right, being ridden by a person who was clearly not the owner. when he stopped at the signal, and i pulled up next to his left, i noticed that it was running on stock exhaust, but was still unusually loud. (ive been on a busa so i know how loud its supposed to be). the signal becomes green, he zooms off, only to stop again at the next signal. this time pull upto to his left, and am shocked to notice that there is no right end can, and also a large part of the fairings was missing. spoke to the rider, and he said he was from the service center, and this bike was involved in some accident.. was on my bike so couldnt take pics..
the busa was a new gen, orange coloured, MH registered one..
Old 21st June 2011, 10:12   #2951
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berj79 View Post
Mods please lock this thread, this following & taking snaps is affecting safety now..
What are you on about?? What makes you think that this thread needs to be locked?

The guy fell because of the splendor guy who braked suddenly and not because this member was clicking snaps!

Talking about safety, that guy should have been wearing a helmet rather than taking for granted that he was wearing a turban and the cops would leave him.

Last edited by straight6 : 21st June 2011 at 10:14.
straight6 is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 21st June 2011, 12:46   #2952
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berj79 View Post
Mr. Berj79, do you work for AajTak or StarNews!? Because only then can your 'blowing out of proportion' and 'sensationalizing' trivial issues be justified!
On a more serious note, what makes you say that the accident happened because of me following the HD rider!? What any other biker would rather question is the recklessness and callous attitude of the HD rider, like straight6 did.
I also happened to click a Suzuki GSX1400 the same day, but that rider didn't meet any accident though he was riding a much bigger bike(at least displacement wise). That was because the Gixxer rider was wiser, had civic sene & road ethics and was wearing full gear(helmet, jacket, gloves,boots et al) and most importantly because the fact that I was clicking pics didn't have anything to do with it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by straight6 View Post
What are you on about?? What makes you think that this thread needs to be locked?

The guy fell because of the splendor guy who braked suddenly and not because this member was clicking snaps!

Talking about safety, that guy should have been wearing a helmet rather than taking for granted that he was wearing a turban and the cops would leave him.
Attached Thumbnails
Superbikes spotted in India-img_2563.jpg  

Superbikes spotted in India-img_2564.jpg  

Superbikes spotted in India-img_2565.jpg  

Superbikes spotted in India-img_2566.jpg  

shyn is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st June 2011, 15:11   #2953
BHPian

Guys i didn't mean to create a fight or an argument, just thought these guys riding big bikes need space & need to ride in peace thats all, all this following & taking snaps isn't right at times, if the bikes are parked yes take howmany snaps you want but following them can lead to them getting distracted at times, thats all..
Old 21st June 2011, 15:49   #2954
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by straight6 View Post

agreed he should be wearing a helmet whatever it is, read my previous post, you toke it the wrong way..
Old 21st June 2011, 16:07   #2955
Senior - BHPian

Cool guys. I'm guessing that HD rider didn't have any papers or license and must have fled. Probably wasn't even his bike .

Saw a Monster 796 at Mahim church signal. Brand new with TC number.
Attached Thumbnails
Superbikes spotted in India-img00097201106211454.jpg  

Last edited by manson : 22nd June 2011 at 00:50.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks