Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st August 2008, 13:22   #811
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navpreet318 View Post
i don't remember the exact registration but it was a blue and silver colour combo.
That's the '06 colour scheme.
Old 31st August 2008, 15:06   #812
BHPian

Suzuki GSXR 08,with other superbikes in delhi @G.O.D.S
Attached Thumbnails
Superbikes spotted in India-img_0659.jpg  

Superbikes spotted in India-img_0647.jpg  

Last edited by noidaboy : 31st August 2008 at 15:10.
Old 31st August 2008, 20:16   #813
BHPian

whats with the green alloys
yuck

i beleive they come with blue as the standerd makes the bike a better package
Old 31st August 2008, 20:59   #814
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by straight6 View Post
That's the '06 colour scheme.
nope wasn't an 06.it was told by the dealer that it was an 02.may be older but definitely not newer than that.coz why would a dealer make his new bike old.
it was an accidental bike hence maybe the fake fairings were painted in that colour scheme.
Old 1st September 2008, 14:51   #815
BHPian

I have heard of clearance sale for bike as well. There are dealers in US and other countries who try to clear a couple of year old stock at good discounts. You get the brand new bike @ up to 20% discount or even more. Don't know of any such deal but hunt for it and you should find one. Best part is it comes with all the warranty and everything else that comes with a new bike.
Old 1st September 2008, 19:43   #816
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navpreet318 View Post
nope wasn't an 06.it was told by the dealer that it was an 02.may be older but definitely not newer than that.coz why would a dealer make his new bike old.
it was an accidental bike hence maybe the fake fairings were painted in that colour scheme.
'05 and a few years earlier it had that colour combo as well.
Old 1st September 2008, 21:44   #817
BHPian

A few more pic's from the meet
Attached Thumbnails
Superbikes spotted in India-dsc00235.jpg  

Superbikes spotted in India-img_0673.jpg  

Superbikes spotted in India-img_0653.jpg  

Superbikes spotted in India-img_0649.jpg  

Superbikes spotted in India-image703.jpg  

Superbikes spotted in India-image711.jpg  

Superbikes spotted in India-dsc00227.jpg  

Superbikes spotted in India-dsc00215.jpg  

Last edited by Technocrat : 2nd September 2008 at 18:04.
Old 2nd September 2008, 22:41   #818
BHPian

Some more pic's for you all
Attached Thumbnails
Superbikes spotted in India-dsc00223.jpg  

Superbikes spotted in India-6.jpg  

Superbikes spotted in India-5.jpg  

Superbikes spotted in India-7.jpg  

Superbikes spotted in India-dsc02291.jpg  

Superbikes spotted in India-img_0666.jpg  

Superbikes spotted in India-sb-wheeloe.jpg  

Superbikes spotted in India-10.jpg  

Superbikes spotted in India-img_0657.jpg  

Superbikes spotted in India-2.jpg  

Superbikes spotted in India-sbdrag.jpg  

Superbikes spotted in India-dsc00222.jpg  

Superbikes spotted in India-dsc00224.jpg  

Superbikes spotted in India-r1-vs-cbr.jpg  

Last edited by noidaboy : 2nd September 2008 at 23:00.
Old 2nd September 2008, 23:59   #819
BANNED

i had seen that silver gold wing in mumbai
Old 3rd September 2008, 01:57   #820

You guys seem to be having a blast ....

Whats the top whack you guys have done ? I saw Insane roller mentioning 210 km/hr. Well, the Kwacker he has can do much more than that.

I have personally experienced 270+ on a ZX-7R (but I was at the pillion). But man that guy can ride. At peak hour traffic, say at 1.00 p.m. in the rush hour traffic, he can go at 180 kmph easily in between anything on road....remember...peak hour traffic at bangalore.

The pics are simply stunning.

@ straight 6 :- How much does a Second hand CBR 600 or a ZX-6R cost ? Is it possible to get one ?

By the way, I remember you asking me what I had done for the headlight....Frankly speaking, my mechanic dint tell me either. If you can text me your contact number, I will give you a call next week when I give my bike for service so that you can speak to him directly.
Old 3rd September 2008, 02:18   #821
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manson View Post
Speedy, the catch is 'baggage' bike, hardly any duty & road tax. The gray market prices for a current year busa are around 9-10L odd, depending on sources. 2L cheaper for a new, previous spec Busa is quite a nice deal, maybe i'm just being a little partial to the candy red paint scheme.

manson.
What do you mean by 'baggage bike' manson? if i was you i would be too. the red looks gorgeous. that means its cheaper getting a busa than the R1 from the showroom. so these bikes are basically smugguled into the country, is that what your saying? it must be difficult to sell these bikes at a later stage. Man i need a loan.

Quote:
It was a "leftover" from last year, hence the price. The dealers abroad also want to get rid of them asap so they give it at a much cheaper price.
so this means i can buy a "Leftover" bike from say Dubai and bring it down. does this mean the customs here would charge me duty according to the price i paid for it, or acccording to their set norm of CC of the bike. Does the rule like bringing it down from country of origin apply for the bikes. it does for the cars.
Old 3rd September 2008, 06:09   #822
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revolution 1 View Post
@ straight 6 :- How much does a Second hand CBR 600 or a ZX-6R cost ? Is it possible to get one ?

By the way, I remember you asking me what I had done for the headlight....Frankly speaking, my mechanic dint tell me either. If you can text me your contact number, I will give you a call next week when I give my bike for service so that you can speak to him directly.
A CBR 600 can cost from 3 lakhs onwards depending on the model and condition. Same for a ZX-6R. I know of a '98 GSXR 600 for 3.5 with full duty paid.

Which headlight did I ask you about? RX?

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy View Post
so this means i can buy a "Leftover" bike from say Dubai and bring it down. does this mean the customs here would charge me duty according to the price i paid for it, or acccording to their set norm of CC of the bike. Does the rule like bringing it down from country of origin apply for the bikes. it does for the cars.
These dealers dismantle the bikes before shipping it here and make it look like they are getting parts. They assemble the bikes here, which obviously isn't as good as the manufacturer does in the factory.

You can get a bike from wherever you want as long as you pay for the shipping and the duty which is 110% plus penalty. Unless, you want to go the dealer route which is to pay hardly any duty.

Why don't you just take a loan on the official R1?
Old 3rd September 2008, 10:43   #823
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

These dealers dismantle the bikes before shipping it here and make it look like they are getting parts. They assemble the bikes here, which obviously isn't as good as the manufacturer does in the factory.

You can get a bike from wherever you want as long as you pay for the shipping and the duty which is 110% plus penalty. Unless, you want to go the dealer route which is to pay hardly any duty.

Why don't you just take a loan on the official R1?
i had seen couple of bikes being assembled at Jonny's place. so i guess these had come the same way. so this means the engine seperate faring seperate. yes i agree the factory would do a better job.

the duty of 110% plus penalty is charged on the CC of the bike or the price you have paid for the bike? if you go by the dealer route you dont get proper papers right, since the duty is not fully paid. then how would you be able to register the bike? you have to show the entry papers right for it?

for the official R1 i wont need a loan, cash down. the loan is for the many bikes that i want, greedy boy .
Old 3rd September 2008, 11:23   #824
Senior - BHPian

The duty is usually a maximum of 1 lakh. The duty has to be paid on the price you pay there. These guys under value the bikes and pay duty on that.

In fact, its Jonny and his guys that assembled the bikes that had loose parts on them as I had pointed out to Navpreet earlier.
Old 3rd September 2008, 12:13   #825
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The duty is usually a maximum of 1 lakh. The duty has to be paid on the price you pay there. These guys under value the bikes and pay duty on that.

In fact, its Jonny and his guys that assembled the bikes that had loose parts on them as I had pointed out to Navpreet earlier.
That is done with the cars as well.

I remember when i used to take the CB 900F to jonny i would have myself or my friend stand there to get the filters and brake pads changed. if i would leave it to jonny nothing would be done and the bike would stand there for four days uselessly.
i had heard from my friend that some bike had gone to jonny for brakes and the callipers were not tighten or something like that and the guy narrowly missed an accident on carter road itself.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks