Old 3rd September 2008, 12:33   #826
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by noidaboy View Post
A few more pic's from the meet
Quote:
Originally Posted by noidaboy View Post
Some more pic's for you all
noidaboy: Gorgeous. Thanks. Not many MVs heard of or spoken about. Good to see Euro bikes finding traction.
Old 3rd September 2008, 14:09   #827
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by netchef View Post
noidaboy: Gorgeous. Thanks. Not many MVs heard of or spoken about. Good to see Euro bikes finding traction.

Where's the MV??

the bike you see with 4 exhaust pipes like the MV Agusta is actually a R1 with after market exhaust.
Old 3rd September 2008, 14:41   #828
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navpreet318 View Post
Where's the MV??

the bike you see with 4 exhaust pipes like the MV Agusta is actually a R1 with after market exhaust.
Yup. Those are Laser exhaust pipes.
Old 3rd September 2008, 18:15   #829
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by straight6 View Post
These guys under value the bikes and pay duty on that.
They simply pay duty only on the engine andc the chassis, and all the other parts are smuggled through the customs with money paid under the table. Then the bikes are registered with the help of 'contacts' within the RTO, most baggage bikes will be MH 06, and as of recently MH 02.
Even the bikes noidaboy has posted seemed to cary the MH 06/02 plates.
Back in the day, like until 05-06 it used to be KA plates, but a certain mumbai group of agents have changed that.

manson.
Old 3rd September 2008, 19:11   #830
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manson View Post
the bikes are registered with the help of 'contacts' within the RTO, most baggage bikes will be MH 06, and as of recently MH 02.
Back in the day, like until 05-06 it used to be KA plates, but a certain mumbai group of agents have changed that.

manson.
It helps to have your own motor training school. That way you obviously have contacts in the RTO.
Old 4th September 2008, 01:00   #831
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manson View Post
They simply pay duty only on the engine andc the chassis, and all the other parts are smuggled through the customs with money paid under the table. Then the bikes are registered with the help of 'contacts' within the RTO, most baggage bikes will be MH 06, and as of recently MH 02.

manson.
Quote:
It helps to have your own motor training school. That way you obviously have contacts in the RTO.
So this means you can have the custom guys knocking at your door anytime.
Manson i used to see alot of bikes with KA plates and now suddenly there is a drop of that. so what i gather is to bring the bike urself or through a proper channel. the other option is to wait for the bike companies to launch the bikes here.

By the way guys there is a MV agusta Arton Senna Edition in Delhi.
Old 4th September 2008, 02:01   #832
BHPian

Quote:
A CBR 600 can cost from 3 lakhs onwards depending on the model and condition. Same for a ZX-6R. I know of a '98 GSXR 600 for 3.5 with full duty paid.

Which headlight did I ask you about? RX?

These dealers dismantle the bikes before shipping it here and make it look like they are getting parts. They assemble the bikes here, which obviously isn't as good as the manufacturer does in the factory.

You can get a bike from wherever you want as long as you pay for the shipping and the duty which is 110% plus penalty. Unless, you want to go the dealer route which is to pay hardly any duty.

Why don't you just take a loan on the official R1?

What I do not understand at times is how come these dealers sell the bikes so expensive when they have hardly paid any penalties??
Wanted to share few of my experiences when i was buying my bike, I am sure it will help a lot of us.

I came across bikes with almost no duties paid, something like 20k only. The dealer still demanded the same price of a full duty paid bike.

Came across a bike which looked pretty clean, when i checked the papers the RC book and the bill of entry had different engine and chassis no. (will come back to this later!!)

Came across a dealer in Bangalore, who claimed to have some old stock left with 0 kms. on it. Old stock as old as 2004.
Though when I asked him to show the vehicle's pictures and all he claimed that first I have to give him money, then he will check what all bikes he has. He did not even tell me which make bike he will give me. It could be a kawasaki/honda/suzuki/yamaha anything!! I do not get to choose, and I have to pay money before even seeing the bike...all cash!!

Came across bikes which had "genuinely" done 9000 odd kms, and had already had 3 tyre changes!
My bike has done 8900 kms today, and I still have atleast another 500-1000 odd kms to go!

Point here is whenever you are buying a bike which is more than a year old, and has hardly clocked any miles on it, be assured that the meter has been tampered with.
I got my bike in the month of april, and I already have clocked 3000 odd kms on it. And this is only with sunday morning rides, and no out of town rides! I personally dont think that there might be many bikes in India which are a couple of years old and have clocked hardly 2000kms. Barring a few exceptions.

When I was talking about the less duty paid bikes, just remember to ask the dealer for a copy of the bill of entry. A genuine one piece import will never have engine/chassis no. on the papers. All it will say is the make and model of the bike. Like my copy of bill of entry says "One Honda CBR600RR Bike".
Though its not likely that you will come across bikes like this everyday, but if at all you come across a bike of your interest, please also cross check the RC book and bill of entry. There are chances that the bike doesn't have the same nos. on them!!

And always remember while buying a brand new bike from a dealer, The cost you should expect to pay for the bike is roughly 150% + of what is the duty paid on the bike.
Lets say the papers say Rs. 1,00,000 as duty paid.
Add roughly 90% for the bike, as that is the amount the bike has been procured for. (atleast on papers)
add another odd 25k to 40k for the freight. And also add another 25-30K for the custom officer's "chai-paani".
All this sums up roughly the amount the dealer has paid to get the bike to our shores. The balance is usually charged is the "malai" of you not importing a bike yourself.

Also remember that a 600cc import is not allowed in India until and unless its homologated OR maybe the ones that come via the TR channel. Homologation is a process of atleast 15 days to one month.
So all the advertisements you might be coming across on online forums are more often than not of "hot" bikes.

And the last point I sincerely recommend is, PLEASE ask for help from any of the senior bhpians here. They know a lot more than you or me about these bikes.
I am sure they would be more than eager to help.

@ mods:
if this write up is kindly move it to the relevant thread.
I couldnt find it
samyakmodi is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 4th September 2008, 03:14   #833
Senior - BHPian

Holy mother of God. A guy pulling a wheelie on a '08 Busa. Now that's what I call control. Jeez.....

Spotted an Orange '08 ZX10R the day before....absolutely B-E-A-utiful....couldn't stop to take pics, though...what a loss...
Old 4th September 2008, 07:55   #834
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy View Post
So this means you can have the custom guys knocking at your door anytime.
Manson i used to see alot of bikes with KA plates and now suddenly there is a drop of that. so what i gather is to bring the bike urself or through a proper channel. the other option is to wait for the bike companies to launch the bikes here.

By the way guys there is a MV agusta Arton Senna Edition in Delhi.

Do you mean the white one.Its up for sale.brand new with zero kms i think.The guy who brought it here is a friend.not the seller but the guy who invested in it.Along with it are a 1098 and 848.beauties i must say.i was stunned.
Old 4th September 2008, 11:38   #835
BHPian

Guys,

Duty+cess is 149% of the depreciated value of the bike.

I have posted the full calc in this :
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motorb...tml#post592383 (Advice reqd. for a NRI (Transfer of Residence))

In addition to that in Bangalore one has to pay 21% of cost+ duty towards entry tax + road tax.

No wonder the baggage bikes happen.

Vijay
Old 4th September 2008, 12:21   #836
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by samyakmodi View Post
What I do not understand at times is how come these dealers sell the bikes so expensive when they have hardly paid any penalties??
Wanted to share few of my experiences when i was buying my bike, I am sure it will help a lot of us.

I came across bikes with almost no duties paid, something like 20k only. The dealer still demanded the same price of a full duty paid bike.

Came across a bike which looked pretty clean, when i checked the papers the RC book and the bill of entry had different engine and chassis no. (will come back to this later!!)

Came across a dealer in Bangalore, who claimed to have some old stock left with 0 kms. on it. Old stock as old as 2004.
Though when I asked him to show the vehicle's pictures and all he claimed that first I have to give him money, then he will check what all bikes he has. He did not even tell me which make bike he will give me. It could be a kawasaki/honda/suzuki/yamaha anything!! I do not get to choose, and I have to pay money before even seeing the bike...all cash!!

Came across bikes which had "genuinely" done 9000 odd kms, and had already had 3 tyre changes!
My bike has done 8900 kms today, and I still have atleast another 500-1000 odd kms to go!

Point here is whenever you are buying a bike which is more than a year old, and has hardly clocked any miles on it, be assured that the meter has been tampered with.
I got my bike in the month of april, and I already have clocked 3000 odd kms on it. And this is only with sunday morning rides, and no out of town rides! I personally dont think that there might be many bikes in India which are a couple of years old and have clocked hardly 2000kms. Barring a few exceptions.

When I was talking about the less duty paid bikes, just remember to ask the dealer for a copy of the bill of entry. A genuine one piece import will never have engine/chassis no. on the papers. All it will say is the make and model of the bike. Like my copy of bill of entry says "One Honda CBR600RR Bike".
Though its not likely that you will come across bikes like this everyday, but if at all you come across a bike of your interest, please also cross check the RC book and bill of entry. There are chances that the bike doesn't have the same nos. on them!!

And always remember while buying a brand new bike from a dealer, The cost you should expect to pay for the bike is roughly 150% + of what is the duty paid on the bike.
Lets say the papers say Rs. 1,00,000 as duty paid.
Add roughly 90% for the bike, as that is the amount the bike has been procured for. (atleast on papers)
add another odd 25k to 40k for the freight. And also add another 25-30K for the custom officer's "chai-paani".
All this sums up roughly the amount the dealer has paid to get the bike to our shores. The balance is usually charged is the "malai" of you not importing a bike yourself.

Also remember that a 600cc import is not allowed in India until and unless its homologated OR maybe the ones that come via the TR channel. Homologation is a process of atleast 15 days to one month.
So all the advertisements you might be coming across on online forums are more often than not of "hot" bikes.

And the last point I sincerely recommend is, PLEASE ask for help from any of the senior bhpians here. They know a lot more than you or me about these bikes.
I am sure they would be more than eager to help.

@ mods:
if this write up is kindly move it to the relevant thread.
I couldnt find it
So tell us the story about your bike. How did you manage to get a one piece import 600RR?
Old 4th September 2008, 13:02   #837
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navpreet318 View Post
Do you mean the white one.Its up for sale.brand new with zero kms i think.The guy who brought it here is a friend.not the seller but the guy who invested in it.Along with it are a 1098 and 848.beauties i must say.i was stunned.
i dont know of the white one navpreet, this one is grey and red and had SENNA written on the fareing so i presume it is a Senna edition. it was at the Bentley Showroom in Delhi. this one also is a zero kms bike and for sale. if i had read write somewhere Senna edition MV's were in grey and red not in white. i might be wrong so i presume the white one is a standard one and not limited edition.
M.S.Dhoni also has a red 1098 is it the same bike?. saw it on a program some time back.
Old 4th September 2008, 13:13   #838
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
M.S.Dhoni also has a red 1098 is it the same bike?. saw it on a program some time back.
Dhoni lives in Ranchi. I heard he's got 18-19 bikes now.
Old 4th September 2008, 13:55   #839
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Dhoni lives in Ranchi. I heard he's got 18-19 bikes now.
Yes i know he stays in Ranchi, but what i was trying to ask is was the 1098 bought from navpreets friend and taken to Ranchi, or is this a completly different bike.. i heard the same too and if what i have read is true he would be shifting some to chennai where he has bought a house.
Straight6 if i remember right someone on the forum had listed his bikes. there are some 8 or 9 Sbk's and the other are indian bikes, not sure though.
Old 4th September 2008, 14:09   #840
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Yes i know he stays in Ranchi, but what i was trying to ask is was the 1098 bought from navpreets friend and taken to Ranchi, or is this a completly different bike.. i heard the same too and if what i have read is true he would be shifting some to chennai where he has bought a house.
Straight6 if i remember right someone on the forum had listed his bikes. there are some 8 or 9 Sbk's and the other are indian bikes, not sure though.
That figure that you quoted is old. He had 7 bikes when he was new to the team. Those included 2 Rd 350's which he doesn't let anyone touch. He will allow people to ride the SBK's but not those. I'm pretty sure he has added only imported bikes to the collection after that. He bought a Harley Fat Boy some months back from a dealer here. The Ducati must be his newest bike.

Btw, I have never seen the list of his bikes on the forum. Do you know which thread that is?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks