Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th September 2007, 16:05   #106
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fireblader85 View Post
Speedy, the gixxer u've seen must be a 1100 cause there was no 1000 then. Try to check on it again if possible.
i did go to the place where i saw the bike but it had gone. on inquireing with the mechanic he said it was a 1100 and the wrong stickering was put on it by the previous owner.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rtech View Post
No Speedy. The GSX1400 uses an old school oil cooled bandit 1200cc engine bored out by another 200 or so cc. Its a pure muscle bike. These (naked/muscle bikes) are quite the rage in the UK at the moment.

The B King uses the 2008 Busa's engine with a reworked fuel map to give more low down torque.
thanks Rtech. i got one part atleast right that the naked busa of sorts is the B King
Old 26th September 2007, 17:11   #107

Quote:
Originally Posted by HellwratH View Post
Ishaan,

I like what he has done with the exhaust..nice!
the exhaust co.'s name is blue flame.
its a titatium canister that turns blue with use...
looks(?) and sounds good..
performancewise...crap
Old 27th September 2007, 01:06   #108
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by curveahead View Post
the exhaust co.'s name is blue flame.
its a titatium canister that turns blue with use...
looks(?) and sounds good..
performancewise...crap
i dont agree with you and so would most of the biker boys here. the can on heating does not turn blue. performance wise it must be crap or whatever. but it definately does not turn blue with use. even a novice like me knows that metal on heating turns red and then on cooling turns back to its original colour not a different colour curveahead.
Old 27th September 2007, 01:15   #109
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy View Post
i dont agree with you and so would most of the biker boys here. the can on heating does not turn blue. performance wise it must be crap or whatever. but it definately does not turn blue with use. even a novice like me knows that metal on heating turns red and then on cooling turns back to its original colour not a different colour curveahead.
Agree with you speedy. Its just a coloured Titanium Dual Port.

-GS- is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th September 2007, 01:28   #110
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
even a novice like me knows that metal on heating turns red and then on cooling turns back to its original colour not a different colour curveahead.
Not in reference to the exhaust, but just in general - there are exceptions to your statement!
For eg. a few metals form a patina when heated (looks similar to the exhaust fyi)

cya
R
Old 27th September 2007, 01:43   #111
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rehaan View Post
Not in reference to the exhaust, but just in general - there are exceptions to your statement!
For eg. a few metals form a patina when heated (looks similar to the exhaust fyi)

cya
R
rehaan i am talking in reference to the exhaust can here. so are you saying this exhaust can changes colour on heating up. i do not agree to it. other metals do change colour at various heating points but not to a shade of blue as the can. this is done via various oxydiseing processes. if i do know my chemicals and metals right rehaan
Old 27th September 2007, 02:06   #112
BHPian

Quote:
rehaan i am talking in reference to the exhaust can here. so are you saying this exhaust can changes colour on heating up. i do not agree to it. other metals do change colour at various heating points but not to a shade of blue as the can. this is done via various oxydiseing processes. if i do know my chemicals and metals right rehaan
yes it does change color when the exhaust heats up, the color you see on the bottom half spreads to the upper half
Old 27th September 2007, 02:12   #113
BHPian

quoted from Two Brothers

3Titanium canisters may shift color when exposed to elevated temperatures. This shift in color may occur at different rates resulting in color gradations ranging from blue, purple, red and even gold in some instances.
Old 27th September 2007, 11:32   #114
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killer View Post
yes it does change color when the exhaust heats up, the color you see on the bottom half spreads to the upper half
thank you for the information killer. strange i have friends who have similer cans on their bikes but never seen the colour of the entire can change. maybe they got faulty peices
Old 27th September 2007, 12:57   #115
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Quote:
thank you for the information killer. strange i have friends who have similer cans on their bikes but never seen the colour of the entire can change. maybe they got faulty peices
IIRC, even the greddy headers that GTO, ajmat, quicksilver have changed colours on heating up. Because when I saw them brand new they looked in a different colour.
Old 27th September 2007, 13:26   #116
BANNED

If its stainless steel pipe then it may not but iron made and nikel crome plated pipe changes its color very fast.
Old 27th September 2007, 15:05   #117

Quote:
haha..whatever you say man
i really dont care if you agree or not..i was just voicing my opinion to a fellow member
please dont take everyone you come across in the board as an idiot and titanium does change colour with use...i'm not a freaking novice

its a a blue flame" can genius(literally) ...it comes outta the factory that way.
with time and corrosion the blue "spreads".
Old 27th September 2007, 15:08   #118
BHPian

One of the worlds best touring bike! (pics taken in Delhi)

u also see the followin bikes in the pics

pic 1 : Suzuki TL 1000, Honda CBR 929
pic 2 : CBR 929 , Ninja ZX-12R, two Honda Blackbirds, Yamaha R1
pic 3: A busa (left) and a Blackbird

Last edited by BunnyPunia : 27th September 2007 at 15:16.
BunnyPunia is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th September 2007, 15:42   #119
Team-BHP Support

i dont see a tl1000???
Old 27th September 2007, 15:56   #120
BHPian

Oops, in a hurry i mistook the Busa for the TL (that was present there too..)

On the bike with one of the largest displacement engine of any mass production motorcycle in the world. Taken 2 yrs back in Delhi

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks