Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th September 2007, 03:24   #46
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbo_v12 View Post
If u are a biker, you won't want a pillion, whether it's raining or it's sunny. You wouldn't want a girl sitting behind you saying "Slow down", "I'm scared" or "Don't bend so much".

I've seen so many SBKers complain of having a rear pillion seat and hence their wives wanting to tag along.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rtech View Post
personally, i hate such generalisations! Things like a real biker does this and a real biker does that. Frankly, someone genuinely passionate about bikes wouldn't bother saying things like that. Its usually the guys who want to portray some sort of image that end up saying these things.
I guess what turbo meant was that when one is looking to exploit the bike's peg-consuming capabilities to the maximum, tagging a pillion along is not a very bright idea. Case in point, you wouldn't want a pillion- irrespective of whoever it is, to tag along while riding on the track. However, there are other times when the rider, the bike and the pillion make a happy threesome. However, that said, classifications like "biker wouldn't do this or that" don't hold much weight since different bikers may have different spectrums of biking that hold their interests.
Old 20th November 2015, 20:56   #47
BHPian

Why do we ride?

The most important thing is to have a good relationship with the bike.. You have to understand what she wants. Think of a motorcycle as a woman. I know it sounds silly but it's true." - Valentino Rossi.

This Guy's a legend. And he definitely knows what he's talking about. You can't treat your bike as an object that helps you get from one location to another. You're not a biker if you think of a bike as a tool. A bike should be something you look after to when you are experiencing any sort of emotions ; be it happy, sad or angry.

I mean i feel low, i feel down, I ride my bike. I feel good, I ride my bike. Now, don't get me wrong.. I don't have any big guns like R1 or Panigale. I have a Suzuki Gixxer (Not those legendary litre class ones, but the one made by Suzuki India ). But that's the thing. You don't really need a power of 100+ horses to be happy. 15 is more than enough.

Few days back, I was riding my bike and I saw an Aston Martin Vantage. That car's amazing in a million ways, but somehow i felt I'm more content on my bike than that car which could do 0-100 in less than 4 seconds. Not to offend car lovers, but that's my humble opinion.

You see, a car doesn't have that connection I look for. The connection with the elements of earth and the bike itself. The connection to the wind, the sun, the rain. You just don't get it in a car! You're in a metal box, sitting on your leather backed seats commanding a wheel. Sure, it's a lot of fun but where's the thing I'm talking about?

The connection in a bike is telepathic. You think and you move. You bend, the bike bends. You turn, the bike turns. You think, the bike thinks! Show me one car which does that. Riding a bike is like flying. All your senses are alive. A car, umm not so much. There's too many distractions. And you know what I'm talking about.

The freedom a motorcycle provides is unmatched, unparalleled. On a motorcycle, the real world is never excluded from the experience of travelling. There's no cell phone, radios, music, navigation to distract you. You choose the destination. You explore. The bike's sound is the music. The communication with other riders is the cell phone.

I know the world's dying slowly and we have to stop burning fossil fuels. And i agree with it. We need to think about future generation too. But, can an silent whine of electricity running through your vehicle even compare to the crackles and whistles and growls of a petrol engine? Going by the recent developments like BMW i8, it's not too far when electric vehicles will rule the road and and petrol will be over. Petrolheads might even be called as morons. Though, tbh I'd rather be a moron than an electric greenie. The point is, even here, the cars have started it.

I have nothing against cars. Infact, cars started my infatuation with anything with an engine. I still get my hair raised when i see the 458 Italia video by Top Gear's ex boss Jeremy Clarkson. But, the heart wants what the heart wants. And mine is the happiest when it's on top of 2 wheels.

If i may be allowed to compare automotives to Movies, I'll say this. Car is like watching a movie. You enjoy it, you feel it. A bike though, makes you the Actor.

Regards,
Rajat

P. S. I hope no one gets offended. I welcome healthy discussions.
P. P. S. I do hope one day i get to afford the original Gixxer, made by Suzuki Japan.
Attached Thumbnails
Supercar vs Superbike: The age old fight once again!-img_20151003_143615.jpg  

Old 24th November 2015, 12:28   #48
Senior - BHPian

Here's a video of the mighty Kawasaki Ninja H2R schooling some big guns! From the 'humble' McLaren 12C to a 1350hp GT-R to a 1200hp Veyron, nothing is shown mercy.
Yes, I know, this is just straight line speed but one might argue that this particular GT-R was built solely for that. Unlike the H2R which can blister the entire track and not just the straights.
shyn is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks