Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th January 2008, 15:56   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technocrat View Post
This is indeed a good news for Indian Biking scenario. I am really looking forward to similar approach from other companies like Honda Yamaha. The pricing too if actually done at the said 4-5 lakh bracket will see a reasonable sale of these bikes
Absolutely 2nd that...
Old 4th January 2008, 17:59   #17
BHPian

suzuki launching 500 cc bikes is great news,better thought decision by them rather than going for high end bikes for above 10 lakhs like yamaha did.But what india need is a good 250cc Vtwin bike....
may be Bajaj & TVS come with a good one...
Old 4th January 2008, 19:38   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sankar View Post
Lol.. Hey come on Steer, it's not that bad i know
I'm not a big fan of chromed pumpsets that are designed to sound much much faster than they actually are. I have to suffer these fellows sometimes during rideouts, LOUDLY doing 100 kmph and feeling very self important about it. At the last rideout I heard two of them brag about doing 160 kmph in between - I guess those are the 'tuned' bikes you refer to.

I prefer the sportsbike gangs on rideouts. Less attitude and baggage, too - though I have to work hard to keep up with their tails.

Last edited by Steeroid : 4th January 2008 at 19:43.
Old 4th January 2008, 20:32   #19
Senior - BHPian

I hope the this news stays this way and there are no changes either by the company or the govt police...........where can I book one those.???????man something in price bracket many of ous can at least think of buying...
Old 4th January 2008, 23:25   #20
Senior - BHPian

suzuki should bring this one - DL 650 or 1000 aka Vstrom ..

Last edited by black12rr : 4th January 2008 at 23:26.
Old 4th January 2008, 23:26   #21
Senior - BHPian

I would have preferred the Bandit 650 ABS to the GSR 600. Its much more suited to our conditions.
Old 4th January 2008, 23:29   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by straight6 View Post
I would have preferred the Bandit 650 ABS to the GSR 600. Its much more suited to our conditions.
Makes sense in getting these to India. They are easier to handle,and aren't bad on FE too.
Old 4th January 2008, 23:45   #23
Senior - BHPian

Besides its the ABS that really matters in this country where you suddenly have some idiot running across the road and you have have to hit the brakes really hard. The thing about these idiots is, they have no idea how quickly these bikes can accelerate and they think they can make it to the other side in time.
Old 5th January 2008, 00:53   #24
Senior - BHPian

Typical thought process-
Ah...bike's approaching.. still quite far off.. let me sprint.. oh bike coming closer.. now run like my pants are on fire.. ayyo..headlight near my face... and then.. tweeet tweeeet....
The hero's on the ground,counting stars.

The easy to handle bikes (like the GS500) would be a boon for those looking to upgrade to something more powerful than a CBZ or a Karizma.
Old 5th January 2008, 01:20   #25
Senior - BHPian

I have experienced it on a CBR 600 when i crashed into a short guy that suddenly came up from the front of a Mahindra Scorpio that I was overtaking and I had no chance to even hit the brakes. He suddenly popped up when I was 2 feet away from him.....WHACK! I T-boned him at around 50 km/h.

Now the crowd was on my case. Seeing the sportbike, they obviously didnt care to think about what the guy did. Not only did I have to spend on the bike, I had to get a CT scan done for him .
Old 5th January 2008, 01:33   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by straight6 View Post
I have experienced it on a CBR 600 when i crashed into a short guy that suddenly came up from the front of a Mahindra Scorpio that I was overtaking and I had no chance to even hit the brakes. He suddenly popped up when I was 2 feet away from him.....WHACK! I T-boned him at around 50 km/h.

Now the crowd was on my case. Seeing the sportbike, they obviously didnt care to think about what the guy did. Not only did I have to spend on the bike, I had to get a CT scan done for him .
Ouch...that sucks!
Well,there you have it. No matter what type of bike or what features you have on that particular bike, basic road sense & common sense are 2 factors missing in the average person on the road.
Old 5th January 2008, 01:43   #27
Senior - BHPian

Nitin, dont forget in India, you can crash because of humans as well as DOGS!!

They come after you man! And in trying to avoid them my friend has crashed twice. But I have come up with a way to put them off.

Instead of trying to avoid them you should threaten to go straight at the sons of bitches (This is legal Mods!) which puts them off. It works for m everytime a long as you are approaching them. If they are already on the sides then your ride better accelerate quickly!!
Old 5th January 2008, 01:55   #28
Senior - BHPian

That happens to be the same policy my dad follows. Anytime he drives on the highway,and he sees a dog/cat contempleting a dash across the road,he tends to go straight at them (hence it helps them make up their mind,and get done with crossing the road)
Old 5th January 2008, 02:05   #29
Senior - BHPian

Or it scares them away and they decide not go for your feet. Another reason to be wearing protective riding boots!
Old 5th January 2008, 02:17   #30
BHPian

Bandit 650 ABS looks pretty hot too

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks