Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th February 2008, 20:54   #16
BHPian

thanks all you guys im glad your liking the pics. there's more coming I just haven't had time to upload. will upload some more tommorrow morning! meanwhile keep your comments coming the motorbike section of team bhp could always use more activity !!
Old 11th February 2008, 21:00   #17
Senior - BHPian

Bhupi!! Looks like you had a fun time at the show! Damn!! The Ducati stable seems to be gearing up for summer!

Did Suzuki have a stall as well?
Old 11th February 2008, 21:26   #18
BHPian

sweet picz man .. where are the SUZUKI ? YAMAHAS ? *lol*
Old 11th February 2008, 21:56   #19
BHPian

Aaaahhhh!!! This bike is worth killing for.
Thanks buddy, you made my day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by highwayblaze View Post
Ducati's Sport 1000.
Old 11th February 2008, 23:49   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitin View Post
Bhupi!! Looks like you had a fun time at the show! Damn!! The Ducati stable seems to be gearing up for summer!

Did Suzuki have a stall as well?
yes nitin almost all bike manufacturers were there but Triumph and some others maybe. Ural was there too. But I didnt bother going to Yamaha or spend too much time at Suzuki or Kawasaki because I already almost knew all of their offerings. I did go check out kawies 08 ZX-10R and the Z1000 which i totally love. The paints scheme is fantastic. I however didnt take a picture of it. I'll upload some mv agusta's and benelli' pics soon along with URAL.
Old 12th February 2008, 00:00   #21
Senior - BHPian

Love the Ducati Sport 1000. BTW the HP2 was also at the detroit show on BMW's stand. MPower and I were marveling at its complexity. There's two of everything on that bike: 2 MAF's, 2 O2 sensor, 2 throttle bodies but only 1-sided swingarm LOL.
Old 12th February 2008, 00:23   #22
Senior - BHPian

only three words for them all deadly mean machines!
woha man they are very stunning and look mean and deadly! i just await the day i own one!
Old 12th February 2008, 07:31   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vabs78 View Post
Aaaahhhh!!! This bike is worth killing for.
Thanks buddy, you made my day.
You should try getting on one. its fits very snug. the red bike on the bike is the sport 1000 as well but with few cc less and after market retro aerodynamic race plastic. it was cheaper too. i've seen so much that i've totally forgotten what the difference. oh if u notice the red sport 1000 has racing slicks !
Old 12th February 2008, 09:22   #24
BHPian

Behold - the beautifully sculpted Benelli Tnt Cafe Racer. I think it was a perfect fit for the movie transformers like a robot on two wheels. Anyway, it has a 3 cylinder engine and i totally love it. It might probably be the only production bike that looks very close to "a" or "the" concept bike. Frankly the rear seat cowl looks like its gonna suck your rear end in and spit it out the exhaust. It looks mean.

From a distance the motorcycle looks like an insect with roller blades on. When you get a close look hoever, the matte-black front end "ram-air" plastic (if I may) looks cheap and poorly fit.

The Tornado, Benelli's signature sports bike. I have only the rear end pic of this motorcycle unfortunately. The front end pic file got corrupt. Fortunately what remained is something very unique to the Tornado. See those exhaust fans?! Well the radiator on this motorcycle is beneath the seat (i'm guessing below the rider). So air is tunneled through the front end of the motorcycle onto the radiator for heat transfer, suction assisted with the exhaust fans. It should be a relatively easy job for the fans with the bike moving forwards and air being pulled in the direction its already flowing.

One thing that really hurt though when I saw the Benelli's in particular. People had SCRATCHED the shiny plastic. Especially the rear seat cowl while slinging their leg over the rear. We're talking about a 34000 USD motorcycle. I mean come on, have some respect will ya?! See the effects in the pic below.

You will notice a lot of carbon fiber on all expensive European motorcycle.

FYI gentlemen Benelli is now owned by [SIZE=-1]Qianjiang Group Co[/SIZE]. , China's second largest motorcycle manufacturer.

Last edited by highwayblaze : 12th February 2008 at 09:41.
Old 12th February 2008, 09:30   #25
BHPian

Buells latest offering - the 1125R with Rotax 1125 V-twin. The design retains the "Fuel in Frame", the Oil in swingarm is no more though.
Ive posted about this motorcycle earlier and won't rant much about it. Except that it felt comfortable being in the riders seat (at standstill )

Last edited by highwayblaze : 12th February 2008 at 09:41.
Old 12th February 2008, 09:34   #26
BHPian

Hello URAL. The Russian bike maker with only one 750 cc flat twin cylinder engine shared across whatever they have to offer. They had only this and a similar bike with a black paint job. CARBURETTED ! Oh and notice the sticker on the side car. 2wd

Last edited by highwayblaze : 12th February 2008 at 09:43.
Old 12th February 2008, 22:21   #27
Senior - BHPian

I saw a similar URAL bike last weekend. Reminded me of the old bikes in India,with the side cars.

Nice pics,bhupi!Keep em comin..
Old 13th February 2008, 01:35   #28
Senior - BHPian

Nice pics Bhupi. Went to this show couple years ago. Was it at McCormick? (PS: Are you planning to go to the auto show?)
Old 13th February 2008, 02:33   #29
BANNED

Nice pics bhupi, looks like you had a good time.
Old 13th February 2008, 06:38   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpower View Post
Nice pics Bhupi. Went to this show couple years ago. Was it at McCormick? (PS: Are you planning to go to the auto show?)
I'm planning to go to the auto show this weekend. Its obviously not as big as the detroit motorshow but still some good stuff to see.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks