Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd October 2008, 14:06   #31
BANNED

Thanks Susan for the info, even when it was launched our very own "Disco King" Bhappi Da booked for his son who was hardly 8 years old at that time, might be that one is also available for sale or might be sold.
Old 8th January 2010, 20:27   #32

is there any F650 now for sale ??... Any idea ?? Preferably in mumbai... I am interested in one .... Or may be a Super Four ...

Regards,
D-Man.
Old 1st October 2012, 20:22   #33
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Bmw F650

Two BMW F 650 advertisements here. In the colour advertisement the cigarette maker's messages and pictures are camouflaged. I would not like to injure anyone's health by display of such smoky advertisements .

Bmw F650-picture-306.jpg

Bmw F650-picture-309.jpg
anjan_c2007 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st October 2012, 21:05   #34
BHPian

Why are they letting these beauties rot? :( Im sure with a few touch ups here and there, these bikes will be back to life.
Do the owners atleast run the engines once a day or a month? Sad to see these machines in a bad state.

Perhaps the owners dont ride them, probably because they feel that steel spoked rims and old headlamp style have gone out of fashion. Really upsetting.
Old 1st October 2012, 21:53   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anjan_c2007 View Post
Two BMW F 650 advertisements here. In the colour advertisement the cigarette maker's messages and pictures are camouflaged. I would not like to injure anyone's health by display of such smoky advertisements .
I remember participating in the four square contest when in college, with 100% confidence that I would win. I had good reason to - I had an incredibly lucky streak in 1996-1998, winning either 1st, 2nd or 3rd prize in EVERY contest I had participated. My spoils included winning 1st place in a TV game show, a Hero Honda motorcycle, an Apple iMac, cash prizes, Raybans, etc. It was incredible.

When I did not win the Funduro, I was disappointed. But I learnt that the winners had to cough up around Rs.1.75 lakhs in prize tax and registration. Later, brand new bikes were sold by HH for Rs.1.75 lakhs! So ironically, if I had won the bike, I would have lost money, so in a way, I won
Old 1st October 2012, 22:20   #36
MHG
BHPian

When was this bike launched/sold in India ? I guess it failed because it was too advanced for the market. Today it'd sell pretty well judging by the response Ninja 650, Hyosung GT650R, Superlow 883, Iron 883, etc have been getting and they are in the same ~ 6 lakhs price band.
Old 1st October 2012, 22:46   #37
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MHG View Post
When was this bike launched/sold in India ? I guess it failed because it was too advanced for the market. Today it'd sell pretty well judging by the response Ninja 650, Hyosung GT650R, Superlow 883, Iron 883, etc have been getting and they are in the same ~ 6 lakhs price band.
This bike was launched in India during January 1996. The on-road price was Rs 6 L upward and it was believed to be a launch, whose time had not yet come. Rs 6 L plus was good money. Sadly, some 400 bikes were sold and it is told that the last few bikes went for as low as Rs 1.75 to Rs 2.5 L - some kind of a distress sale by Hero (then Honda) Motors Ltd.
The model launched was the BMW F 650 Funduro.
The technical specifications can be seen here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BMW_F650_single
anjan_c2007 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd October 2012, 09:33   #38
MHG
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anjan_c2007 View Post
This bike was launched in India during January 1996. The on-road price was Rs 6 L upward and it was believed to be a launch, whose time had not yet come. Rs 6 L plus was good money. Sadly, some 400 bikes were sold and it is told that the last few bikes went for as low as Rs 1.75 to Rs 2.5 L - some kind of a distress sale by Hero (then Honda) Motors Ltd.
The model launched was the BMW F 650 Funduro.
The technical specifications can be seen here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BMW_F650_single
Back then you could buy a fully loaded Maruti Suzuki Esteem for that much right ? And Indian bikers were still happy with hot rod 2-strokes that were in their peak era then I guess...
MHG is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd October 2012, 20:34   #39
BHPian

I owned one of these beauties for a few years. Great bike, totally bullet-proof. However, very jerky to ride in the city thanks to the single cylinder. Here are snaps of my bike, which I sold in 2006 or 2007 to a close friend...

There is a decent F-650 (Pune regd) available in Bangalore... but the owner is asking 3.50 lakhs for it; run 23000 kms.
Attached Thumbnails
Bmw F650-gr-bmw-f650-resized.jpg  

Bmw F650-p1010007-resized.jpg  

Varaman is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 2nd October 2012, 22:23   #40
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zulfikar View Post
hi guys i was looking out for a BMW F650 from a long time couldnt find one so bought a Car...
i am still thinking of getting F605...
can any tell me how much can i get it for and is there any one avelable...

u can always caontact me on zulfikhar@hotmail.com
A half-decent F650 will cost you at least 2.25 lacs. Good specimens could even hit the 3 lac mark. Spares are not an issue; easily available in the UK at motoworks or motobin and arrive here without any fuss. Maintenance isn't much of a problem since they're pretty sturdy bikes. Any workshop which services imported bikes would comfortably manage the F650. Am attaching a photo of my F650 which i picked up last year in a pretty sad condition and frankly - most of this bike is new. Have put in at least 60 new parts including consumables, lights etc.

This is an extremely rugged machine and is fantastic for Indian conditions. In the city, I find this much more convenient and fun to ride than a larger sportsbike.

Ravi
Attached Thumbnails
Bmw F650-img_0014.jpg  

ravi_xx is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th October 2012, 22:28   #41
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravi_xx View Post
A half-decent F650 will cost you at least 2.25 lacs. Good specimens could even hit the 3 lac mark. Spares are not an issue; easily available in the UK at motoworks or motobin and arrive here without any fuss. Maintenance isn't much of a problem since they're pretty sturdy bikes. Any workshop which services imported bikes would comfortably manage the F650. Am attaching a photo of my F650 which i picked up last year in a pretty sad condition and frankly - most of this bike is new. Have put in at least 60 new parts including consumables, lights etc.

This is an extremely rugged machine and is fantastic for Indian conditions. In the city, I find this much more convenient and fun to ride than a larger sportsbike.

Ravi
Ravi, your Funduro looks pretty cool...

Zulfikar - here's one available... http://www.xbhp.com/classifieds/moto...0-funduro.html

Last edited by Varaman : 4th October 2012 at 22:29.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks