Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Superbikes & Imports (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/superbikes-imports/)
-   -   Ducati officially launched in INDIA - 15 to 50 lakhs (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/superbikes-imports/39337-ducati-officially-launched-india-15-50-lakhs-3.html)

straight6 8th May 2008 11:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nikhilb2008 (Post 821947)
If someone chooses to spend 2 crores on an F430/Gallardo over a GTR, why wonder whether people will buy a Ducati at 48 lakhs ?

It is ridiculously expensive, I know. But people will buy. Those who know the value of the Ducati will still buy it. I would if I had a chance.

What value??! Thats exactly what I'm talking about. They are just pricey because of the name and the fact that they come from Italy. No doubt they are the prettiest but only an idiot would buy a bike just for its looks. Not to mention the show offs who want to be "different". People just look at the fact that they are doing well in top level racing these days but tell me how well will the bike serve you in everyday life? They will never be as reliable as the Japs. Imagine having such a bike and not being able to ride because its broken down. What a bummer.

I look at them as those chicks you meet at clubs...short term. Wham bam...

All of the above applies to Harley's as well.

maddy42 8th May 2008 12:15

Well could someone post the pics of the models which were launched. Well guys the buke models:D

Prithvi 8th May 2008 12:23

Well, I still wait for the Harleys to come in. IMHO

Technocrat 8th May 2008 12:41

you can get the dealer info from Ducati website.

Here is the dealer info :

Ducati India Dealer Locator

GTO 8th May 2008 17:36

Quote:

They are just pricey because of the name and the fact that they come from Italy. No doubt they are the prettiest but only an idiot would buy a bike just for its looks.
The exact same ideology applies to Ferraris too then? For instance, there are several sportscars that do a better job for less $$$. Why do people drool over Ferraris? The heritage, brand and italian style factor.

Does Ducati have the same appeal when it comes to bikes?

Technocrat 8th May 2008 17:42

Quote:

Does Ducati have the same appeal when it comes to bikes?
More or less yes.

Almost like cars, The japs are fast & cheap. The Europeans in bikes are expensive for their characteristics & snob value. The Ducatis have good Torque & linear power delivery (thanks to the standard 90 deg V twin design across all range)

black12rr 8th May 2008 17:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by straight6 (Post 822777)
What value??! Thats exactly what I'm talking about. They are just pricey because of the name and the fact that they come from Italy. No doubt they are the prettiest but only an idiot would buy a bike just for its looks. Not to mention the show offs who want to be "different". People just look at the fact that they are doing well in top level racing these days but tell me how well will the bike serve you in everyday life? They will never be as reliable as the Japs. Imagine having such a bike and not being able to ride because its broken down. What a bummer.

I look at them as those chicks you meet at clubs...short term. Wham bam...

All of the above applies to Harley's as well.

Same for a ferrari or lambo or r8 . Do you tow a crane along with you every time you encounter a that moster hump or pothole :D . Dont talk about praticality , if you can you can take any bike anywhere . Let me know if you want to know how 2 superbikes and along with other bikes did 16 kms of hard core OFF- roading along with 180 kms of tramac. If you can you can .

Well reliablity , who cares when you can shell 20 lakhs for a bike , this person will not go on a all INDIA tour around the bike ,well if you want you can ,give me one will prove you wrong.Common they are not made to break every now and then .A ducati might have valve check at 8k kms rather than a japanese one at 10 k, if you maintain it ,it will maintain your bank balance .:) . They buy it for exclusivity and brand . And it sells .

rranjith_kum 8th May 2008 17:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by chetan (Post 822740)
what no ducati monster ?

we do have ducati monster
source: business line

regarding buying it was rightly told by black12rr

we all are missing rtech's expertise for this thread for sure

mobike008 8th May 2008 18:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by vkochar (Post 822714)
I read it in the newspapers today - some top model costing 48 lacs ex-showroom, Now I know its a good bike BUT 50 Lacs OTR for a Bike !!!

I'd rather buy a 5 series and save some !!

You can get 5 R1's for that money !!!

agree: imagine 5 R1's in different colors standing in the garage. A sight to behold!

I reckon at 50L just Dhoni/John Abraham/Rich Pop's son can afford to buy that higher end model of Ducatilol:

mezereo 8th May 2008 20:52

NAMASTE Ducati ! welcome to India

are those prices of a sports bike? but there are ducati enthusiasts in inida who would still buy them at those insane prices.

on a second thought, its sports bike, its talian and above all its DUCATI (the ferrari of sports bike as some one said earlier). who cares about the prices :D


Quote:

Originally Posted by mobike008 (Post 823376)
agree: imagine 5 R1's in different colors standing in the garage. A sight to behold!

I reckon at 50L just Dhoni/John Abraham/Rich Pop's son can afford to buy that higher end model of Ducatilol:

i second you on a third thought avi.. ha ha

Nikhilb2008 8th May 2008 21:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by mobike008 (Post 823376)
agree: imagine 5 R1's in different colors standing in the garage. A sight to behold!

I reckon at 50L just Dhoni/John Abraham/Rich Pop's son can afford to buy that higher end model of Ducatilol:

That is what they want :p . they dont want riff raff like us buying their bikes :p

amitverma 8th May 2008 23:15

i think its more to do with exclusivity. i am sure even at such a hefty price tag, Ducati still would find enough buyers in India. Indian have started to throw money around to buy themselves things that they can show-off.
but you may ask, why shell out 48L when a 10L R1 does the same job equally well. but then why buy a Rolex when a Titan can do the same job. Why buy a Ferrari, when GTR does it well enough.

and as far as the tags are concerned, i dont think its Ducati;s fault. teh heavy import duty is to blame. a Ducati 1098R for 16L? doesnt that sound sweet? well tell that to the Government.

dipen 9th May 2008 03:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by amitverma (Post 823609)
and as far as the tags are concerned, i dont think its Ducati;s fault. teh heavy import duty is to blame. a Ducati 1098R for 16L? doesn't that sound sweet? well tell that to the Government.

but these rules apply to the other import SBKs too. For truly enjoying the true potential and capabilities of a 1098R, one needs to be a great rider, you need to have some decent amount to experience in ripping few SBKs before this. Else it would only be for snob value where a regular 1098 (not that it is cheap either) could do the job equally well.

straight6 9th May 2008 06:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by GTO (Post 823288)
The exact same ideology applies to Ferraris too then? For instance, there are several sportscars that do a better job for less $$$. Why do people drool over Ferraris? The heritage, brand and italian style factor.

Does Ducati have the same appeal when it comes to bikes?

Yes, I would never buy those. I'd much rather have a Supra & a Skyline. Those italian cars would be in my rear view more often than not.

Quote:

Originally Posted by black12rr (Post 823307)
Same for a ferrari or lambo or r8 . Do you tow a crane along with you every time you encounter a that moster hump or pothole :D . Dont talk about praticality , if you can you can take any bike anywhere . Let me know if you want to know how 2 superbikes and along with other bikes did 16 kms of hard core OFF- roading along with 180 kms of tramac. If you can you can .

Well reliablity , who cares when you can shell 20 lakhs for a bike , this person will not go on a all INDIA tour around the bike ,well if you want you can ,give me one will prove you wrong.Common they are not made to break every now and then .A ducati might have valve check at 8k kms rather than a japanese one at 10 k, if you maintain it ,it will maintain your bank balance .:) . They buy it for exclusivity and brand . And it sells .

Well, 'I' care about reliability because I want to ride my bike everyday if possible. I'm not just a weekend rider even with an SBK. I used to ride my CBR to work everyday.

Besides, if I had the money I would buy 2-3 Japanese bikes for variety. This is my opinion. If you want, you can go ahead and buy a Ducati yourself and prove me wrong by off roading with it. You never know, you might get some award for being "exclusive". :)

Nikhilb2008 9th May 2008 10:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by straight6 (Post 823788)
Yes, I would never buy those. I'd much rather have a Supra & a Skyline. Those italian cars would be in my rear view more often than not.

That my friend sums it up.

Let's just agree to disagree !! Some people like you prefer VFM over some sort of snob value or brand name. You'll not buy a Ducati but you'll buy 3 different Japanese bikes !! I will buy one 1098R and be happy :p

This is quite a useless argument actually. People have different opinions. No point arguing abt it.


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 05:55.