Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 2nd September 2010, 11:56   #91
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sriramv.iyer View Post
Does anyone know how to contact Ducati India / Precision Motors? Can we get the bike in Bangalore?
Ducati . Hope this helps.

Guys had a question. How do you know which bike from a category say super sport (R1,ZX10,GSX1000, CBR 1000RR, 1198s etc) suits you the best? I am not talking power wise price wise but pure comfort wise. What are the things you need to look into before buying a sports bike? Thank you in advance.

Last edited by speedy : 2nd September 2010 at 12:10.
Old 2nd September 2010, 13:03   #92
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy View Post
Guys had a question. How do you know which bike from a category say super sport (R1,ZX10,GSX1000, CBR 1000RR, 1198s etc) suits you the best? I am not talking power wise price wise but pure comfort wise. What are the things you need to look into before buying a sports bike? Thank you in advance.
May be you need to ride them & spend some time.

Speaking in general Honda & Suzuki's motorcycles are comfier compared to others, relatively speaking of course.
Old 2nd September 2010, 14:21   #93
BHPian

Quote:

I think it would be in this order.

Honda > Suzuki > Kawa > Ducati > Yamaha
Old 2nd September 2010, 14:30   #94
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

With whatever experience i have with playing around with Litre bikes.
if you are looking for comfort,no bike would exactly keep you happy.
for Comfort,you should be looking at touring bikes,like a Bandit,or a Busa.
Old 2nd September 2010, 14:51   #95
BHPian

Quote:
I also keep wondering how exactly is this done in India. Abroad, you get demo rides etc, whereas in India I guess if you get a chance to ride a friends bike that would be one way to judge the comfort factor, if not I am presuming (I could be wrong) its simply a personal choice of getting an R1 or a CBR or a Ninja.

Personally, I made one of my biggest bike purchase blunders when I bought a new Harley Sportster 883 in 2000. Those were the early days of Harley in Saudi Arabia and asking for a demo ride then was like walking into a Maruti showroom in the 80s & asking for a demo drive of a M800! Although sitting on that bike in the showroom made me feel it was comfortable but after I bought that bike, I found the seat, the suspensions & a host of other things, including the teeth shattering vibrations on the handlebar & mirrors were almost unbearable for me over long rides. Living with all that simply for the 'Harley image' was not worth it and added to that the sportster being called the 'girly harley' finally ended my love affair with HD within a year. Whereas these days they keep inviting us for different demo rides & its easier to evaluate what bike suits you well when you sit & more importantly ride it.
Old 2nd September 2010, 17:07   #96
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by sriramv.iyer View Post
Does anyone know how to contact Ducati India / Precision Motors? Can we get the bike in Bangalore?
You could contact John or Naushadali at 022.64533458 / 59. John is a very helpful guy - I've spoken with him at length in the past.

I do believe they have some customers in B'lore. Delivering a bike there should not be a problem.
Old 2nd September 2010, 18:55   #97
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axe77 View Post
You could contact John or Naushadali at 022.64533458 / 59. John is a very helpful guy - I've spoken with him at length in the past.

I do believe they have some customers in B'lore. Delivering a bike there should not be a problem.
AWESOME! Thanks Axe! I'll call them tomorrow!
Old 2nd September 2010, 23:54   #98
Team-BHP Support

Pleasure. Let me know if you can't get through the land line. I'll send you an alternate mobile no. FYI - they indicated some time ago that the Monster 796 would be available in showrooms by Sept end although they didn't sound 100% confident.
Old 2nd September 2010, 23:59   #99
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay4587 View Post
I would add the VFR1200 for comfort combined with a sporty ride.
VFR 1200F

Its Honda's bleeding edge tech for sport touring. Nothing comes close to a viffer. At Rs.20.5 lakhs it is pricey though.
Old 3rd September 2010, 13:05   #100
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
May be you need to ride them & spend some time.

Speaking in general Honda & Suzuki's motorcycles are comfier compared to others, relatively speaking of course.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kau_therock View Post
I think it would be in this order.

Honda > Suzuki > Kawa > Ducati > Yamaha
Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay4587 View Post
With whatever experience i have with playing around with Litre bikes.
if you are looking for comfort,no bike would exactly keep you happy.
I have ridden a couple of my friends bikes (R1,CBR1000RR,GSX1000, Ducati 1198s) but these have been for distance of about a kms nothing more. So for me all of them were comfy. I owned a busa till recently but that was because the previous owner feared the DRI and i bought it in partnership with a friend for a good deal. The buy was not cause we knew the comforts but purely a financial decision.
How would one know whats comfy for him unless he gets say 10 or 20kms to ride them first. If say you get a small round of the block how do you know what suits you.

@Akshay i am not looking at comfy ride of of sorts, but more of a first time rider buying something and ends up with a lemon he does not like. The reasons like foot pegs too small or seating position curves the back too much, not good for traffic conditions, if you face one. Something on these lines for the litre bikes sports bikes and not tourers. I know i want an Intruder and i am not looking at anything else. This is for a sports bike.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haroon View Post
I also keep wondering how exactly is this done in India. Abroad, you get demo rides etc, whereas in India I guess if you get a chance to ride a friends bike that would be one way to judge the comfort factor, if not I am presuming (I could be wrong) its simply a personal choice of getting an R1 or a CBR or a Ninja.
In India you generally take your friends bikes and ride as the companies dont give you test rides. Actually forget a test ride they dont even have the bikes, they show you a picture of it (faced this at Honda and Suzuki) yamaha was the only place i got to see the R1 in flesh. I dont like using someone elses possesion as it makes me uncomfortable, the max i would do is take it for max a km and give it back. You really dont know how comfy it is in that much. I guess last resort is loose some money i guess or get stuck with something on the looks and performance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by prasadee View Post
I would add the VFR1200 for comfort combined with a sporty ride.
VFR 1200F

Its Honda's bleeding edge tech for sport touring. Nothing comes close to a viffer. At Rs.20.5 lakhs it is pricey though.
I liked this bike but i would not do justice to it. I am not an avid rider and probably would do 10 to 15kms a week (on the higher side) and that too in the city itself. So anything above 15 Lakhs on a bike does not make sense.

Last edited by speedy : 3rd September 2010 at 13:17.
Old 3rd September 2010, 19:05   #101
BHPian

Hi speedy , are you experienced on riding bikes ?
if you are hesitant on the superbike's riding position then try riding a R15 atleast for 60-80 kms or so at a stretch . its got a sporty riding position that can simulate the sbk's riding position to quite a extent .

the ducati 848 and 1198 have the most sporty seating among the 800cc+ bikes . even fit people get tired on it . no wonder its such a good track bike . busa and the kawasaki zx14 have good seating . i think you can import a zx 14 . try contacting some zx14 owners in mumbai . another thing to note is that litre bikes heat a lot !
the r1 especially can cook your thighs in traffic . these bikes like open highways ,not street full of traffic .

For cheaper options there is Honda cb 1000 and ducati monster and streetfighter as well .

Last edited by Mr. Nobody : 3rd September 2010 at 19:06.
Old 22nd October 2010, 20:52   #102
BHPian

Booked the Red Monster 796 where as my friend booked the 1198 for approx 19lakhs.

My Delivery date is around 20th December where as the 1198 will be deliveryed in Feb 2011.

Depending on the Latest price of Ducati...it still think it was a good buy over the Jap bikes but for the 1198 even i think 19 lakhs is a bit too much.

Sadly, the Ducati guys at Atria are not that well informed about the bikes, Neither they were well equiped with the required information about the bike. Will visit them again and chew their brains till they give me the answers I am looking for
Old 22nd October 2010, 23:24   #103
BHPian

Congrats. Let the Ducati madness begin. It's a disease with no known cure.
Old 23rd October 2010, 13:46   #104
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by nadim_90210 View Post
Sadly, the Ducati guys at Atria are not that well informed about the bikes, Neither they were well equiped with the required information about the bike. Will visit them again and chew their brains till they give me the answers I am looking for
That's a little surprising. Try talking to a guy called John. I've spoken to him in the past and he seemed quite well informed. Really nice and helpful guy as well. (Unless your Qs were way way more technical than mine of course).
Old 23rd October 2010, 14:02   #105
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axe77 View Post
That's a little surprising. Try talking to a guy called John. I've spoken to him in the past and he seemed quite well informed. Really nice and helpful guy as well. (Unless your Qs were way way more technical than mine of course).

John was apprently not there at the time of the booking. I am going tomorrow again just to show the bike to the rest of the family members. Will try and sort out few of the questions that I have .
Its just 2 days since the booking & I am allready restless. 2 Months is going to be a long long wait :P

Last edited by nadim_90210 : 23rd October 2010 at 14:03.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks