Team-BHP - Ducati officially launched in INDIA - 15 to 50 lakhs
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Superbikes & Imports (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/superbikes-imports/)
-   -   Ducati officially launched in INDIA - 15 to 50 lakhs (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/superbikes-imports/39337-ducati-officially-launched-india-15-50-lakhs-9.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Turbojc (Post 3316638)
...and are officially entering India

Always wondered why these luxury car/bike brands don't do it this way in the first place. I mean it's not like they are setting up manufacturing. And with their brand and financial clout, surely they can do a better job importing and distributing their products in India. What makes 'superbrands' like Ferrari and Ducati tie-up with 'less-than-reputed' local distributors? Often with 'distributors' who have set up virtually overnight with no prior experience marketing and delivering premium automotive experiences, and simply to take advantage of the opportunity?

Is it because they are apprehensive about not understanding the local conditions enough? Is there some government regulation that mandates a local partner? Or do these things also happen like so many 'business deals' here do? Because of some 'financial favours'?

Can anyone who knows more about these things (I'm really clueless about why a great brand would risk their rep in this way) shed some light? Thanks!

Quote:

Originally Posted by am1m (Post 3316736)
Always wondered why these luxury car/bike brands don't do it this way in the first place. I mean it's not like they are setting up manufacturing. And with their brand and financial clout, surely they can do a better job importing and distributing their products in India. What makes 'superbrands' like Ferrari and Ducati tie-up with 'less-than-reputed' local distributors? Often with 'distributors' who have set up virtually overnight with no prior experience marketing and delivering premium automotive experiences, and simply to take advantage of the opportunity?

Is it because they are apprehensive about not understanding the local conditions enough? Is there some government regulation that mandates a local partner? Or do these things also happen like so many 'business deals' here do? Because of some 'financial favours'?

Can anyone who knows more about these things (I'm really clueless about why a great brand would risk their rep in this way) shed some light? Thanks!

All business deals happen on "I scratch your back, you scratch my back" understanding. Coupled with the apprehension of a foreign entity about corruption scene in India. Most have a (somewhat correct) belief that in order to do business in India and remain profitable you have to bend the laws. If you don't then someone else would be doing it ...

So someone who gives them the confidence that "all shall be taken care of" automatically becomes the trusted partner ...

Ducati’s India re-entry confirmed with Gurgaon dealership

A few years back, Ducati entered India with the Shreyans group acting as the distributor. The group has been notorious for many missteps in the luxury car and bike space. Its differences with Shreyans saw the Italian company exit India. Now owned by Audi, the Italian bike maker is making a renewed bid to dangle its attractive offerings at Indian bikers. In its re-entry, the company will distribute its bikes on its own, leaving out shady distributors.

The first Ducati bikes will soon be available in India as the dealerships have already begun to spring up. The first such dealership has been seen taking shape at Gurgaon, in the National Capital Region. Handling this dealership will be AMP Motors, which hosts brands like Jaguar and Land Rover in Delhi. The dealership in Gurgaon will be a 3S facility. Other parts of India – Western, Eastern and Southern regions – will also soon get their own Ducati dealerships.

Source

Ducati India has announced that it will restart operations on March 18, 2015.

Link to Team-BHP News Article

Well..the new dealership is taking shape at good rate. clap:

Excited to see it coming up right next to the Indian showroom (see pic). This brings HD, Ducati and Indian (and Ford.. :p) within stone's throw distance of each other. In case anyone's wondering, no bikes yet.

OT.. Ducati Kathmandu had been the only dealer in Indian subcontinent.!!

Ducati officially launched in INDIA - 15 to 50 lakhs-wp_20150208_16_49_11_pro.jpg