Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 18th November 2010, 13:59   #106
Senior - BHPian

Ahmedabad based CAMA motors has been appointed as Ducati dealer for Gujarat region. They are soon to open a showroom. I saw the Ducati banners and other interior work going on at the showroom and is expected to be 100% operational very soon.

As per a report few months ago, CAMA has already booked some 20 odd Ducati Bikes.

Rustam Cama of Cama Motors is gung-ho about luxury on wheels. "We have already frozen 20 Ducati motorcycle bookings, as these are made-to-order bikes in the price bracket of Rs 8 lakh to Rs 50 lakh. Fresh buyers will have to wait for two months," he said.

Read more: This Diwali, luxury drives to your doorstep - The Times of India http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/c...#ixzz15cZUOXMc

Waiting for more action to happen.

Last edited by h@r$h@l : 18th November 2010 at 14:04.
Old 18th November 2010, 14:06   #107
BHPian

Why isnt HD and Ducati opening showrooms in Pune?
Old 19th November 2010, 11:28   #108
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by h@r$h@l View Post
Ahmedabad based CAMA motors has been appointed as Ducati dealer for Gujarat region.
Quote:
As per a report few months ago, CAMA has already booked some 20 odd Ducati Bikes.
They'll do very well. Gujaratis (am one myself BTW) are the most brand-driven personalities, to the extent of being flashy, and staying one up on the Jones is really important to them. Gujarati businessmen also (usually) have large amounts of liquid cash.

Last edited by GTO : 19th November 2010 at 11:30.
Old 19th November 2010, 14:18   #109
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
They'll do very well. Gujaratis (am one myself BTW) are the most brand-driven personalities, to the extent of being flashy, and staying one up on the Jones is really important to them. Gujarati businessmen also (usually) have large amounts of liquid cash.
I agree with you on this. But from what i have observed staying here, most gujju's would buy a nice brand "super" bike and drive a max of once or twice a week. Other thing i have observed is, NO SAFETY GEAR. They have to be seen by people. Behind the helmets their faces can't be seen.

I have seen people ride a busa with slippers and shorts. @AVR and me once saw a young chap ridding a Duccati Monster & the only "safety" gear he was wearing was Gloves.
Old 20th November 2010, 04:14   #110

Quote:
Originally Posted by nadim_90210 View Post
Depending on the Latest price of Ducati...it still think it was a good buy over the Jap bikes but for the 1198 even i think 19 lakhs is a bit too much.
I'm sharing this based on my experience with Desmosedici since 2005. Ducati in Bikes is what Ferrari to the Automobiles so it's not that expensive if one buys in North America or in the Europe and also to 'affluent' class in India but no point in comparing those high-end prices in India (especially, launching). Anyway, mostly, I never buy any high end Bike/Car in India because we have very insane duties and other formalities so absolutely no way.
Old 20th November 2010, 12:55   #111
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sennarossi View Post
I'm sharing this based on my experience with Desmosedici since 2005. Ducati in Bikes is what Ferrari to the Automobiles so it's not that expensive if one buys in North America or in the Europe and also to 'affluent' class in India but no point in comparing those high-end prices in India (especially, launching). Anyway, mostly, I never buy any high end Bike/Car in India because we have very insane duties and other formalities so absolutely no way.

Quote taken back after getting the delivery of the Monster. I now understand exactly what you are saying. No doubt Insane duties in India, but Ducati is still one heck of a Bike you can own.
Old 22nd November 2010, 17:10   #112

Quote:
Originally Posted by nadim_90210 View Post
Quote taken back after getting the delivery of the Monster. I now understand exactly what you are saying. No doubt Insane duties in India, but Ducati is still one heck of a Bike you can own.
Ducati is the best Bike to own if one could afford it and I'm sure it would be more than an experience if one knows the art of riding a Super bike. Good luck
Old 27th January 2011, 18:46   #113
JVH
Senior - BHPian

Re: Ducati officially launched in INDIA - 15 to 50 lakhs

Ducati are supposed to open a showroom in Bangalore in Feb.
While its not Feb yet, wondering if anybody has some info on when and where exactly they'll be opening?
Old 7th November 2013, 20:37   #114
PPS
Senior - BHPian

Ducati plans sweeping changes to its Indian operation by middle of next year as per the below article! They better get started soon now that their CMD & CEO,Ducati India is arrested!

http://overdrive.in/news/ducati-plan...dia-operation/
Old 8th November 2013, 08:35   #115
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PPS View Post
Ducati plans sweeping changes to its Indian operation by middle of next year as per the below article! They better get started soon now that their CMD & CEO,Ducati India is arrested!

http://overdrive.in/news/ducati-plan...dia-operation/
Quote:
Originally Posted by PPS View Post
Did I miss something? Where does it mention that the Ducati India CMD/CEO was arrested?

This sweeping change is long awaited and very overdue. Why does it take so long for big companies like Ducati and other brands (which have a dedicated customer base in other countries) to sit up and take notice of what customers have to say? Needless to say, a very healthy number of prospective ducati owners have definitely moved to other brands. Damage is already done and to reinstate the faith and trust in customers will take a long time.

I know of a couple of ducati owners who are still riding around with temp regn. since they have no access to the Form 20 which is required for permanent regn and requires a dealer invoice, stamp, and other paperwork.

I hope the situation changes for the better, for the existing customers and for the prospective ones. When and how long is a big question though.
Old 8th November 2013, 11:09   #116
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n_aditya View Post
Did I miss something? Where does it mention that the Ducati India CMD/CEO was arrested?
Ashish Chordia is the CMD/CEO of Ducati India and was recently arrested.
Old 8th November 2013, 11:48   #117
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy View Post
Ashish Chordia is the CMD/CEO of Ducati India and was recently arrested.

Here is the story -- Ashish Chordia arrested

So typical!
Shubz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th November 2013, 12:06   #118
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shubz View Post
Here is the story -- Ashish Chordia arrested

So typical!
Thank you for the link. Ashish was ex dealer for Audi and Porsche. Currently he has Ducati, Ferrari and Maserati under his wing. Ducati is now bought by Audi so i guess they should terminate his services.
Old 8th November 2013, 12:38   #119
Senior - BHPian

Hopefully it will provide some relief for the Ducati Fans. VW must get a few selected showrooms to start selling the ducatis. They lost out very badly post the launch fo Ducati monster 795. Wonder if anybody actually took deliveries.
Old 11th December 2013, 08:12   #120
BHPian

Hey Guys! Ducati has announced that they're parting ways with Precision Motors and are officially entering India !

Quote:

It’s confirmed – Ducati will officially enter India! The company issued a press release late last night stating the same:

“In response to growing demand and in order to reorganize its distribution network, Ducati has decided to establish an official presence in the Indian market, an important step to further boost its global presence and position amongst the world's premium motorcycle manufacturers.”

The release also adds, “While ending the relationship with its former Importer, Ducati thanks Precision Motor for its efforts in importing and distributing its motorcycles into India since 2008. Precision Motor plans to retail Ducati products in selected locations in India and will provide customer care until such time that Ducati has set up its distribution network.”

Outlining how growing consumer and commercial expectations had driven this decision, Cristiano Silei, Vice President, Sales and Marketing of Ducati, said: “We consider India an extremely important part of Ducati’s future global strategy and will strengthen our presence in the market with premium services and a larger network that will be in line with our global standards. Our entry into the Indian market is therefore a first step in this direction.”

While Ducati has had a presence in the country since 2008, they were represented by an importer, Precision Motors, who agreed to import, distribute and service Ducati motorcycles in India. Issues like unusually long delivery delays, unavailability of parts and unsatisfactory service started to crop up, which created discontent amongst owners. They in turn took to online public forums to vent their frustrations. This saw many potential customers opt for other premium brands.

The premium motorcycle segment in India has seen a massive growth in the recent years. With Harley Davidson already on top of the sales charts, and Triumph entering the market with a well-priced product range, it was only natural that Ducati followed suit, as it can no longer afford to run a tarnished image in one of the largest two-wheeler markets in the world. While the release doesn’t specify a timeline by when the Indian arm will be fully operational, we expect it would happen at the earliest, by mid-2014.

This announcement is sure to bring joy to scores of Ducati fans and owners alike, who will now be assured of full manufacturer backing in terms of sales and service.
Source: ChooseMyBike.in
Turbojc is offline   (2) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed